4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
August 26th, 2016 at 3:01:47 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Trump has yet to be in government using a private server; I would condemn him just as much as I have her if he did so.

If it happened with Trump, we wouldn't be hearing about it
With all the bad baggage Trump carries, it would be a footnote.
Quote: RonC

I'd love it if she gave a press conference.

This is politics of the highest level. You play to win.
Those on the left would love it if Trump releases his taxes.
He doesn't because he is trying to win.

Thanks for the occasional Terps shout out
My favorite team is actually the Womens Basketball team, consistently top 10 every year
Hoping for a decent football season but the Big 10 is tough
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
August 26th, 2016 at 5:56:29 PM permalink
Just in general, I'd say that anyone that spends much time bashing liberals or conservatives over the Internet is a serious asshole. If that bashing now becomes Clinton or Trump, yea, still serious asshole. The exception to the general statement would be anyone who is a member in good standing on the WOV Forums. They would be just a minor annoyance ;-)

<edit> an exception to the exception would not be AMS. He's just a minor annoyance, mostly ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 21
August 26th, 2016 at 7:50:59 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Just in general, I'd say that anyone that spends much time bashing liberals or conservatives over the Internet is a serious asshole. If that bashing now becomes Clinton or Trump, yea, still serious asshole. The exception to the general statement would be anyone who is a member in good standing on the WOV Forums. They would be just a minor annoyance ;-)

<edit> an exception to the exception would not be AMS. He's just a minor annoyance, mostly ;-)

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed!
Eater of Worlds
mdh
mdh
  • Threads: 0
August 26th, 2016 at 9:50:33 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed!

No. His post was late afternoon which leads me to believe he was serious. +1 TF
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
August 26th, 2016 at 11:15:28 PM permalink
Quote: Steverinos

I'm not so sure that Donald Trump is a racist. Yes, there's been examples of some racism in his past, but it doesn't prove to me what's in his heart.

What I do know, however, is that Donald Trump USES racism. In my opinion, this is much more dangerous and destructive.

Well, I doubt that Hitler really gave a crap about the Jews, either, but they sure made convenient scapegoats. Likewise, all those sad little white supremacists following Trump around express racism because they need someone to blame for their pathetic loser lives.

One thing Trump seems to grasp, as all demagogues must, is that when you tell a stadium full of losers that they are in society's dumpster because of THEM, it doesn't really matter who THEY are or whether blaming them is remotely plausible.

Fwiw, I think Trump is more of a talking-without-thinking jerk than a bigot or racist as such, but I agree with you--cynically using racism, as he does, to further political ends is worse than just being a plain ol' straightforward racist douchebag.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
August 27th, 2016 at 3:46:28 AM permalink

Drink too much?
Taking lessons from Mickey Crimm?
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 21
August 27th, 2016 at 4:45:14 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Drink too much?
Taking lessons from Mickey Crimm?

Maybe the realization that Trump is losing has finally settled in with 2F and he's having a hard time coping...?
Eater of Worlds
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
August 27th, 2016 at 5:05:17 PM permalink
Actually, I think Trump is going to win.
That scares the hell out of me.....

The only reasonable alternative at this point would be that Clinton wins.
That scares the hell out of me......

I don't scare that easily.

Thankfully we still run the country, mostly according to a rather young and novel Constitutional experiment that elects Presidents rather than Kings (Queens).

Neither Clinton nor Trump can take down this country.
I bet my money on extraterrestrial type Aliens, but don't know how I'll ever collect ;-(
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 44
August 27th, 2016 at 5:23:14 PM permalink

Thankfully we still run the country, mostly according to a rather young and novel Constitutional experiment

Might I suggest that your Experiment in Democracy needs a few tweaks.

I find most Americans that I encounter to be somewhat educated, intelligent and decent. Yet, you seem to collectively try to elect politicians with as few of those properties as possible. Not just this latest pair.

No names, but would you guys trust any of your politicians to join the Cooperation Game team.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
August 27th, 2016 at 5:48:08 PM permalink

Actually, I think Trump is going to win.
That scares the hell out of me.....

The only reasonable alternative at this point would be that Clinton wins.
That scares the hell out of me......

I don't scare that easily.

Thankfully we still run the country, mostly according to a rather young and novel Constitutional experiment that elects Presidents rather than Kings (Queens).

Neither Clinton nor Trump can take down this country.
I bet my money on extraterrestrial type Aliens, but don't know how I'll ever collect ;-(

It seems very odd that a prospective Trump and Clinton presidency scare you equally. Clinton is competent and hardworking, if unspectacular; only Republican propagandists are saying she's dishonest. She would make a fairly good president. Trump, on the other hand, richly deserves everyone's negative opinion of him, especially since he continually does so much to reinforce it. And having him in the Oval Office is like having a chimpanzee at the controls of the space shuttle.

Clinton's definitely going to win, though, barring some series of total disasters.

• Jump to: