4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 23rd, 2017 at 1:41:21 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Ok, Terapined, we get it. "Logical" and "illogical" are some of your all-time favorite words.

I can picture your living room. You have a parrot in a cage named Polly who sits there all day, "Bwawk, I am logical, I am logical, bwawk".

I enjoy the point counter point here involving logic
Its interesting
until
the right cant deal with logic and instead attacks a member personally
sad
Unemployed?
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 23rd, 2017 at 1:43:28 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I agree
the disconnect is that when the tea party protested, they also littered
I shrugged and conservatives shrugged
The Left protests and I still shrug but some on the right cant shrug. Actually outraged lol

Cmon RonC, impress
show me how outraged in the past you were when the tea party littered

I go to a lot of music festivals
Boy scouts are hired to clean up after the festival
Hippie jam band festivals, not a lot of trash according to the boy scouts
White red neck country music, trash everywhere
Damm white rednecks

If I see pictures of people leaving a mess after protesting, it annoys me. I don't think that ANYONE has a right to litter and leave a mess that everyone else ends up paying to clean up.

If I am holding a festival, I am trying to make a profit. I still don't think people should littler (duh!) but I do think that the cost of that litter is handled by the promoter--with a donation to the scouts or whatever.

I'd argue with you about whether some of the country festivals are really country music or not...but they should not litter...again, the promoter likely pays for that clean-up and makes a huge profit on the beer!!

I saw pictures of people actually cleaning up after the Tea Party rallies. My verdict? They still should not have littered, but at least they cleaned up after themselves!

Fairly consistent, wouldn't you say?
terapined
terapined
January 23rd, 2017 at 1:50:10 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

If I see pictures of people leaving a mess after protesting, it annoys me. I don't think that ANYONE has a right to litter and leave a mess that everyone else ends up paying to clean up.

If I am holding a festival, I am trying to make a profit. I still don't think people should littler (duh!) but I do think that the cost of that litter is handled by the promoter--with a donation to the scouts or whatever.

I'd argue with you about whether some of the country festivals are really country music or not...but they should not litter...again, the promoter likely pays for that clean-up and makes a huge profit on the beer!!

I saw pictures of people actually cleaning up after the Tea Party rallies. My verdict? They still should not have littered, but at least they cleaned up after themselves!

Fairly consistent, wouldn't you say?

I can be a fanatic sometimes
I hate littering
The worst offenders are generally not on left or right
Cigarette smokers
RonC
RonC
January 23rd, 2017 at 1:54:49 PM permalink

I can be a fanatic sometimes
I hate littering
The worst offenders are generally not on left or right
Cigarette smokers

Looking at the pile of cigarette butts at many intersections is one of the most disgusting everyday sights out there.

Smokers should keep their trash to themselves.

Oh...but it is "biodegradable"...so the F*&% what? It sill makes our roads look like shit!!
Last edited by: RonC on Jan 23, 2017
bobbartop
bobbartop
  • Threads: 133
January 23rd, 2017 at 1:58:02 PM permalink

I enjoy the point counter point here involving logic
Its interesting
until
sad
Unemployed?

Terapined, it's a well known fact that the Left can gather instantly as many protesters as they want. BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK! They're deadbeats. That's not a personal attack, it's just a fact. They're lazy people. If someone on the right wants to go somewhere, they have to take time off from work. If someone from the left wants to go somewhere, they just go. First they have to pan handle for bus fare. C'mon, it's just logic.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 23rd, 2017 at 2:21:56 PM permalink

sad

Really sad
I am reasonable, bobbartop unreasonable and illogical

jsm
jsm
  • Threads: 7
January 23rd, 2017 at 2:29:08 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Not to mention calling the women "pigs" when the average BMI of your typical teabagger was about 45...

Hopefully Tom Price will allow a tape test.
terapined
terapined
January 23rd, 2017 at 2:39:19 PM permalink

Terapined, it's a well known fact that the Left can gather instantly as many protesters as they want. BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK! They're deadbeats. That's not a personal attack, it's just a fact. They're lazy people. .

Wow, are you angry
Your statements are just wrong and absurd
Just cant deal with the fact that many on the left work hard

Its not about right or wrong
I work hard and have compassion for those not as well off as me
I am sure you work hard and are suspicious of those not as well off

Its not who is right and wrong
Just a differing view
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 3:00:40 PM permalink

I am sure you work hard....

Nope. I'm a bum. You haven't gotten one correct yet.
'Emergencies' have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 23rd, 2017 at 3:08:15 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I want them to work with the other side. When one party has all 3 branches it worries me. In this particular case it might not be as bad as possible, because Trump is not really a Republican. I think on many issues a few 'regular' Republican Senators and Congressmen might side with the Democrat minority. With Obama, for the very short time he had all 3, no Democrat would go against him, hence the passage of the ACA.

I thought about this a bit more later. Even if we had complete bipartisanship, it's likely 50 percent of the country is too far left and too far right to be happy with that situation.

So we end up with the same degree of dissatisfaction, just a different make up of the population. So people would again vote for change eventually.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 23rd, 2017 at 3:10:01 PM permalink

You owe me an apology for saying I posted fake photos. You are essentially saying I am disingenuous and a liar, while you can easily confirm with your computer that I am not.

Don't hold your breath.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 3:20:29 PM permalink

Don't hold your breath.

Then you are clearly the one who is disingenuous. You know you are lying about me. Fake poster.
terapined
terapined
January 23rd, 2017 at 4:11:20 PM permalink

You are essentially saying I am disingenuous and a liar, while you can easily confirm with your computer that I am not.

Well yea, look at the below

Terapined, it's a well known fact that the Left can gather instantly as many protesters as they want. BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK! They're deadbeats. That's not a personal attack, it's just a fact. They're lazy people. If someone on the right wants to go somewhere, they have to take time off from work. If someone from the left wants to go somewhere, they just go. First they have to pan handle for bus fare. C'mon, it's just logic.

Sorry but the above are lies from bobbartop
I am on the left and I work hard

By the way the letter t in terapined is lower case, just like god :-) (the g is always lower case for atheists)
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 4:29:09 PM permalink

By the way the letter t in terapined is lower case, just like god :-) (the g is always lower case for atheists)

But I believe in you.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
bobbartopRS
January 23rd, 2017 at 7:52:17 PM permalink
This is good for a laugh. Poor woman needs to find a #SAFESPACE stat.

Ya know what I mean.... ;-)

bobbartop
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 7:58:42 PM permalink
So back to this "women's march" thingie. Here's a tweet from Bernie Sanders.

"Thank you @lsarsour for helping to organize the march and build a progressive movement. When we stand together, we win."

So apparently it wasn't just to whine about Trump, apparently it's a bunch of commies seeking to organize whatever commies organize. And who is Linda Sarsour, this "organizer"?

According to the Daily Caller she hangs out with financiers of the terrorist group Hamas, and has family ties to Hamas.

That's lovely. So much for the girls' innocent afternoon walk in the park. Frankly, I've only heard a little of this so far. I think I'll see what Fake News CNN has to say about it. I'm guessing nuthin.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/21/womens-march-organizer-recently-met-ex-hamas-operative-has-family-ties-to-terror-group/
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
Thanked by
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 8:07:56 PM permalink

So back to this "women's march" thingie. Here's a tweet from Bernie Sanders.

"Thank you @lsarsour for helping to organize the march and build a progressive movement. When we stand together, we win."

So apparently it wasn't just to whine about Trump, apparently it's a bunch of commies seeking to organize whatever commies organize. And who is Linda Sarsour, this "organizer"?

According to the Daily Caller she hangs out with financiers of the terrorist group Hamas, and has family ties to Hamas.

That's lovely. So much for the girls' innocent afternoon walk in the park. Frankly, I've only heard a little of this so far. I think I'll see what Fake News CNN has to say about it. I'm guessing nuthin.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/01/21/womens-march-organizer-recently-met-ex-hamas-operative-has-family-ties-to-terror-group/

She was on All In with Chris Hayes tonight (msnbc), with Gloria Steinem and another women's movement leader. You can still catch the west coast feed if you hurry. If you're actually curious and not just throwing stones.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
terapined
terapined
January 23rd, 2017 at 8:08:24 PM permalink

So back to this "women's march" thingie.

lol
the logical disconnect is stunning
yea, if wasn't for this one woman, nobody would have marched (sarcasm)
A gazillion people marching, sure there will be fringe elements participating.
you miss the big picture
its not about a single female organizer
Its about that dumb stupid orange guy in the White House that is so thin skinned, he gets the press secretary to lie about something so meaningless as the size of his crowd.
Alternative facts lol
The planet is laughing. I'm laughing and amazed at the disconnect from reality
Webster's and Libraries are correcting the Trump people.
a couple of days and the administration has already jumped the shark
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 8:09:38 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

This is good for a laugh. Poor woman needs to find a #SAFESPACE stat.

Ya know what I mean.... ;-)

Here's another link where she explains her feelings more clearly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znfsa1sfnIQ

But here's what my mind thinks when I see this. Where does she work? Do you think this girl has a day job? I would hate to have this girl frying french fries next to me and I don't even really know her. Gosh, she could hurt someone with all that hot grease. Hurt someone like ME.

Someone needs to ask this girl to join this forum.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 8:13:10 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

She was on All In with Chris Hayes tonight (msnbc), with Gloria Steinem and another women's movement leader. You can still catch the west coast feed if you hurry. If you're actually curious and not just throwing stones.

Gosh, Is Gloria Steinem still around? She was hot.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 8:19:30 PM permalink

lol
the logical disconnect is stunning
yea, if wasn't for this one woman, nobody would have marched (sarcasm)
A gazillion people marching, sure there will be fringe elements participating.
you miss the big picture
its not about a single female organizer
Its about that dumb stupid orange guy in the White House that is so thin skinned, he gets the press secretary to lie about something so meaningless as the size of his crowd.
Alternative facts lol
The planet is laughing. I'm laughing and amazed at the disconnect from reality
Webster's and Libraries are correcting the Trump people.
a couple of days and the administration has already jumped the shark

(t)erapined, I'm really starting to like your posts. I've enjoyed talking to you today. Don't take this the wrong way, but your posts are kinda cute.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 8:36:50 PM permalink

I watched it. Not on television, I googled it and it's on the net. It's about 8 minutes long. I had to replay it, just to make sure she said what I thought I heard, at about 1:35, she DID say it's about "climate justice". lol I know it's not funny, but really, did she mean to say that? Climate justice?

The whole picture is not funny, in fact it scares me, but c'mon, "climate justice", now THAT'S funny.

Does anyone see where this is headed? Can anyone see how we're going to lose this country? We're doomed. Climate justice. Omg.
rxwine
rxwine
Thanked by
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 8:53:05 PM permalink

Trump pals around with Soros.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/trump-pals-around-with-george-soros
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 23rd, 2017 at 9:47:35 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Trump pals around with Soros.

https://www.conservativereview.com/commentary/2016/02/trump-pals-around-with-george-soros

Man, that's bad news. Bad bad news. I have already posted a couple criticisms here before, about his appointments. One was "Mad Dog" Mattis. I still want to know what he was doing at the Bilderberg meeting in 2015. Not good. And also, his Elaine Chao appointment, she is a member of the CFR and wife of Mitch McConnell. NOT GOOD!

Thank you for posting this about Soros. I followed that link you provided and also found another photo of Trump making the "clenched fist". This is very significant, probably something you don't understand since you are a liberal. But it means something. I posted a couple images the other day and then took them down. Probably no one noticed. I mean, this is a gambling forum, after all. I shouldn't be polluting this website with my views on politics.

Thanks for the info.
MaxPen
MaxPen
January 23rd, 2017 at 10:08:51 PM permalink

Sorry, but it is difficult to take a woman with her head stuck in a hoohoo hat seriously.... ;-)
rxwine
rxwine
January 23rd, 2017 at 10:26:33 PM permalink

Sorry, but it is difficult to take a woman with her head stuck in a hoohoo hat seriously.... ;-)

Okay, but...

beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 23rd, 2017 at 10:29:05 PM permalink

Max. Stuck in a hoohoo hat? Would you say that about a yarmulka? Just as sacred, just as ancient.

I don't get this superficial judgement. People marched for their own reasons, most none of us will ever know. And people are different from one another. What's wrong with free worship? Attend the church of your choice. Even if it's a mosque. Or none at all.

Nobody marched as a personal advertisement of their attractiveness, but all these comments about looks, weight, clothing. They knew they were going to be out in bad weather most places, January, several hours on their feet, backpacks and things not allowed for security (thanks, Boston bombers), water and bathrooms scarce. Nobody's going to look their best. I doubt many of them thought they'd be recognizable on camera, but selfies a lot of people posted are getting selected by the meme makers and used to discredit them.

Shrug. Why people go out of their way to be snarky these days. It escapes me. I need positive people in my life; most of these are people taking a positive step for themselves, and I was glad to join them.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MaxPen
MaxPen
January 23rd, 2017 at 10:54:46 PM permalink
People can do whatever they want as long as they don't harm others. It doesn't mean I have to condone their actions though. In example, I will never agree with nor support Sharia. You wouldn't either if you had to live it. They can keep that in their barbaric backyards and get off my lawn.

Life is funner with a little snarkiness.... ;-)
MaxPen
MaxPen
January 23rd, 2017 at 11:00:07 PM permalink

Okay, but...

Buffoons come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. Why is there a Hilltard hat in the middle?
rxwine
rxwine
January 23rd, 2017 at 11:16:35 PM permalink

Buffoons come in all colors, shapes, and sizes. Why is there a Hilltard hat in the middle?

Just for some balance. Both party conventions have silly hats.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 23rd, 2017 at 11:31:36 PM permalink

Terapined, it's a well known fact that the Left can gather instantly as many protesters as they want. BECAUSE THEY DON'T WORK! They're deadbeats. That's not a personal attack, it's just a fact. They're lazy people.

whew you aren't joking

look at this blunt smoking deadbeat who begged me for cash the other day

MaxPen
MaxPen
January 23rd, 2017 at 11:33:19 PM permalink

(Image removed for f-bomb profanity)

(Image removed for Non-PG nudity)

Max, I left the mildest one up, but had to remove the other two. See you in 3 days.
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Jan 24, 2017
terapined
terapined
January 24th, 2017 at 12:32:39 AM permalink

People can do whatever they want as long as they don't harm others. It doesn't mean I have to condone their actions though. In example, I will never agree with nor support Sharia. You wouldn't either if you had to live it. They can keep that in their barbaric backyards and get off my lawn.

Life is funner with a little snarkiness.... ;-)

I will never agree with nor support any law based on Christian fantasies of a god. Christians can keep that in their barbaric backyards and get off my lawn. Life is funner when you view ALL religions as a fantasy

Christians in this country need to step up and pay their own way. Stop expecting the govt to hand out tax breaks for a complete fantasy. Church owns property, pay up. I pay property taxes. Why should some fantasy get a tax break. All houses of worship, Christian, Muslim, Jewish , scientology need to pay their own bills. Stop the BS freeloading. No exemption from property taxes. Christians, stop sucking on the govt tit
Last edited by: terapined on Jan 24, 2017
ams288
ams288
January 24th, 2017 at 11:14:37 AM permalink
Looks like the next big protest/march will be on Saturday, April 15 to show Donald that people still care about seeing his tax returns (it's not just journalists like his cronies claim).

Hopefully the protestors clean up after themselves. God forbid if they don't. I'm going to light a candle and pray that they do right now.
RonC
RonC
January 24th, 2017 at 11:27:46 AM permalink

Looks like the next big protest/march will be on Saturday, April 15 to show Donald that people still care about seeing his tax returns (it's not just journalists like his cronies claim).

Hopefully the protestors clean up after themselves. God forbid if they don't. I'm going to light a candle and pray that they do right now.

I guess you must think climate change is a hoax if you think them cleaning up after themselves is a silly idea...
ams288
ams288
January 24th, 2017 at 11:29:40 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I guess you must think climate change is a hoax if you think them cleaning up after themselves is a silly idea...

That's a dumb assumption.
RonC
RonC
January 24th, 2017 at 11:37:42 AM permalink

On a serious note...peaceful protests are welcomed in my book. The protests aren't usually the "heavy lifting" needed to move any ball forward; that is much more time consuming and much less of an opportunity to be in the press. I think the results of Saturday's events as a gathering are in and it was HUGE; the actual results in actions taken will be judged at a later date.

I did notice some of the tweets asked for the Women's March organizers to organize this one. Perhaps those who want a protest should maybe lead the organization of the protest???

Consider this me giving you permission to protest if you want to take it that way!!
RonC
RonC
January 24th, 2017 at 11:38:28 AM permalink

That's a dumb assumption.

No dumber that a whole lot of your assumptions about people...
ams288
ams288
January 24th, 2017 at 11:47:59 AM permalink
RE: garbage pickup.

I just find it funny that's what righties are complaining about. Especially when we never heard these complaints from the right about the teabaggers' garbage.

I see three general reactions from righties in regards to the Women's Marches:

1) They're fat pigs
2) What are they protesting about?
3) They didn't pick up their garbage!

Numbers 1 and 3 are stupid arguments.

Number 2 can be a valid question. On Saturday, I believe it was Brian Williams who asked on MSNBC: "Where were these people Nov. 8th?" Which I thought was an excellent question.

I place far more blame on the Bernie or Bust-ers than I would place on someone like Putin, in regards to being stuck with President Golden Showers for 4 years... Many of the people protesting on Saturday are directly responsible, IMO. I have no love for the Susan Sarandons of this world...
RonC
RonC
January 24th, 2017 at 12:02:55 PM permalink

I just find it funny that's what righties are complaining about. Especially when we never heard these complaints from the right about the teabaggers' garbage.

1) They're fat pigs

Number 2 can be a valid question. On Saturday, I believe it was Brian Williams who asked on MSNBC: "Where were these people Nov. 8th?" Which I thought was an excellent question.

I place far more blame on the Bernie or Bust-ers than I would place on someone like Putin, in regards to being stuck with President Golden Showers for 4 years... Many of the people protesting on Saturday are directly responsible, IMO. I have no love for the Susan Sarandons of this world...

I don't know what "other righties" have said about picking up your own trash but I have been very clear and consistent on the issue:

Pick up after yourself.

Right, left, middle...whatever.

I have never called them names.

I have never asked them to get permission from me to protest.

I think they are like most people--some of their points are valid, some are not...but that is in my opinion. They have every right to their own (fact, not permission for anyone confused by statements like that).

They are in bed with some people they likely would rather not be if they had a choice, like Soros.

The light work was the march. Let's see if they do the heavy work and keep the movement going. Lots of movements fail because they are hard work.

If they didn't vote, they helped elect Trump by their absence. i think a lot of them likely voted...
rxwine
rxwine
January 24th, 2017 at 12:29:37 PM permalink

This is very significant, probably something you don't understand since you are a liberal.

Well, my mind is corrupted by theories propagated by the science community and fact checkers mostly.

Perhaps I will get better one day and see the error of my ways.
terapined
terapined
January 24th, 2017 at 5:06:03 PM permalink
Everybody is getting in on the "alternative facts"
lol
Greg Popovich head coach San Antonio Spurs
“Kawhi (Leonard) is out with an injury that’s not really an injury, but hopefully it will heal quickly,” Popovich said, before jokingly adding, “That’s a figurative statement. It sounds like some of the things that are going on politically in the world. I apologize. I just gave an alternative fact. I shouldn’t have done that. But it wasn’t a lie, so don’t try to pin that on me. I’m tired of you guys pinning that on me.”
bobbartop
bobbartop
January 24th, 2017 at 6:30:47 PM permalink

Well, my mind is corrupted by theories propagated by the science community and fact checkers mostly.

Perhaps I will get better one day and see the error of my ways.

I didn't mean that as a dig, so don't take it like that. I was referring to the history of the clenched fist, the meaning, the symbolism. Not many people understand that, not just liberals. If you know about it then I apologize. I just doubted that you understood it like I would doubt that anyone would understand it. Unless one has studied it, it's unlikely that one is going to understand it, or even recognize it when seeing it. I have collected several photos of Trump flashing the clenched fist. It means something. I don't know if he is in the dark about it, or not. I hope he doesn't know what it means. If he does know what it means, then we're all in trouble.
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
January 24th, 2017 at 8:46:03 PM permalink

1) They're fat pigs

How long ya gonna push that made up story?
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
rxwine
rxwine
January 24th, 2017 at 10:21:45 PM permalink
Even though Trump made a logical objection that he is a germophobe and would never do that, there has also been a widely spread misconception that urine is sterile.

Doesn't mean he did, but his objection is not ironclad either.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
January 25th, 2017 at 3:15:00 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

This protester wins today:

Actually that is funny. But damn, that hag is ugly. I truly hope her husband is out f'n his co worker while encouraging her to go protest.

She's probably a Hillary supporter, it's doubtful the old hag has a husband. She's probably a lesbian like hilarious Hillary.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
January 25th, 2017 at 3:21:02 AM permalink

She looks fine. Great in fact.

Now Trump looks like a man who has just been told the final secret. The one that starts aging all the Presidents at double the rate and turns their hair white.

The truth about aliens?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
ams288
ams288
January 25th, 2017 at 4:34:39 AM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

1) They're fat pigs

Four years, give or take an impeachment.
terapined
terapined
January 25th, 2017 at 5:07:09 AM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

How long will the trump administration push any made up story with alternate facts
ams288
ams288
January 25th, 2017 at 5:51:56 AM permalink

How long will the trump administration push any made up story with alternate facts

Also note that he made no mention of the fact that no one has proven that the golden shower story was indeed "made up."

The people who pretended Obama was born in Kenya for 8 years sure do get pushy when you talk about Donald's golden shower rendezvous.
  • Jump to: