4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 20th, 2017 at 6:26:44 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

Just watching the lefties almost cry today makes it so worthwhile. Not a one of them can say what they are afraid of with Trump..

I'm looking forward to mocking the orange guy the next few years. This is fun. no tears , laughing out loud, LOL.
I am afraid that Boeing will go out of business due to Trumps economic policies regarding China

From BLM to Occupy to these fools, they are all the same....worried about losing something they never earned in the first place.

???? "all the same" ??????
Some conservatives are racist and some are not yet Boz believes everybody on the left are the same. lol
absurd
I am BLM
Worked my whole life.
Everything I own I earned
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 20th, 2017 at 6:36:07 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I'm looking forward to mocking the orange guy the next few years. This is fun. no tears , laughing out loud, LOL.

Me too. It's fun. And Donald provides so much ammo, makes it so easy. And it clearly drives the righties crazy.

They're stuck defending this orange moron for four years. It's gotta be rough.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 20th, 2017 at 7:07:50 AM permalink

I consider myself somewhat of a scientology expert.
I live 20 min from "FLAG" also known as the Super Powers Building in Clearwater
I have never been a scientologist and consider it a harmful cult
I spend a lot of time on anti-scientology boards
My overall opinion, its really really bad

but
If you want to join up, I would not do anything. This is America, you have rights, scientology has rights
An individual has a right to be a scientologist.
A lot of scientology critics actually want it banned somehow
I am against that, the power to ban scientology. That power can be corrupted
Boy, I'm some bigot :-)

Exposing the scientology cult to the public is not being a bigot. Its about being able to have an honest discussion about scientology.
Anybody speaking honestly about scientology, the cult calls a bigot, which is false.
Leah Remini is not a bigot, she is simply speaking honestly about scientology

Bold mine.

The problem here is you like so many others have redefined "bigot". I have provided the definition of bigot, which is concrete and indisputable. Your admission that you speak out against scientology, join anti- causes, etc, is nothing short of an intolerance of action, belief, and behavior. We have a term for that; it's called bigotry.

My point, which you miss in an effort to distance yourself from the Really Bad Word, is that intellectual lightweights have weaponized that term to short circuit ideas they oppose. You see how scientology tried to do it to Ms Remini, yes? No debate, no explanation, no justification, no defense. Just scream "bigot" and you instantly discredit, a discredit which is often unjust and unfounded.

If you prefer to maintain the standards of the CoS, by all means, carry on. I'm just trying to encourage a higher standard from the folks here.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 20th, 2017 at 7:19:46 AM permalink

???? "all the same" ??????
Some conservatives are racist and some are not yet Boz believes everybody on the left are the same. lol
absurd
I am BLM
Worked my whole life.
Everything I own I earned

Somehow I doubt you are the typical BLM supporter. But that is a whole other topic of discussion. And they will go away soon, just like Occupy. And why not lump everyone together, the liberals wrote the playbook on it.
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 7:25:22 AM permalink
This protester wins today:

ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 8:00:02 AM permalink
I do have to say, I love Melania's outfit. It's iconic:

Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 8:09:08 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Actually that is funny. But damn, that hag is ugly. I truly hope her husband is out f'n his co worker while encouraging her to go protest.
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 8:11:50 AM permalink

Actually that is funny. But damn, that hag is ugly. I truly hope her husband is out f'n his co worker while encouraging her to go protest.

Care to post any pictures of your significant other so we can judge her looks as you have judged this "hag"?
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 8:14:26 AM permalink

Care to post any pictures of your significant other so we can judge her looks as you have judged this "hag"?

No just imagine "Hillary Hot" and you will be fine.
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
January 20th, 2017 at 8:16:50 AM permalink

She should have added the news media approval rating of under 20%.
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 8:21:29 AM permalink
Seeing Hillary sitting there makes this so much better. Has to be killing her knowing Trump and his group of "deplorables" ruined her life's dream.

Thank You America! Who said this country isn't great?
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 8:32:18 AM permalink

Thank You America! Who said this country isn't great?

Donald Trump did.

It was his friggin campaign slogan.

Have you been asleep for the past year and a half?
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
January 20th, 2017 at 8:33:36 AM permalink
Trump looks like he was sh*tting his pants coming down the hallway...
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 8:44:12 AM permalink
Turnout is so low I don't even think Donald's gullible followers would believe him if he lies about it...

Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 8:47:23 AM permalink

Turnout is so low I don't even think Donald's gullible followers would believe him if he lies about it...

Was waiting for you to post this for the last 15 minutes. Figured you had to "finish" first.
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 8:50:39 AM permalink

Was waiting for you to post this for the last 15 minutes. Figured you had to "finish" first.

It's embarrassing, isn't it?

Especially since Donald tweeted he wanted to break the all time record. The deplorables let him down!
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 20th, 2017 at 8:50:40 AM permalink
The Donald forgot his lapel pin. Maybe he's waiting for the Russian flag pin to get in?
Romes
Romes
January 20th, 2017 at 9:00:25 AM permalink
Well, I suppose this is like pollution, murder, and war... Humans seem to be instinctively self-destructive. Almost all of the scientist figured out years ago that the galaxy isn't going to kill us... We're going to kill ourselves.
rsactuary
rsactuary
January 20th, 2017 at 9:05:35 AM permalink
And instantly we have the most corrupt administration this country has ever had. Sad.
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 9:06:24 AM permalink

It's embarrassing, isn't it?

Especially since Donald tweeted he wanted to break the all time record. The deplorables let him down!

I'll go back to most of his supporters are working.

But this tells you what? His support is gone and the house is coming back in 18 and the Senate in 20 (even you can see the 18 Senate numbers). And the country is going to run to a fake Indian is 20 because this was just a temper tantrum by the public. Keep dreaming!
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 9:08:34 AM permalink
Love seeing how bitter the losers on the left are. But hey, I have to admit enjoying the misery. Not one person should have an issue with his speech, unless your a drug dealer.
Romes
Romes
Thanked by
beachbumbabs
January 20th, 2017 at 9:28:18 AM permalink

Love seeing how bitter the losers on the left are. But hey, I have to admit enjoying the misery. Not one person should have an issue with his speech, unless your a drug dealer.

I've mentioned before, but FYI I'm not a lefty (democrat). I think both sides have big problems, but as an independent yes I think the right has more problems... Most of the hardcore ones are caught back in the 20's where you can pray the gay away and don't believe in climate change. These are things of science, not religion. I have no respect for self-made idiots, which again there are on both sides, but my oh my it seems like the right has far more.

For example... why the hell am I listening to scripture at this inauguration? What the hell? Separation of church and state, right? Let's talk Christian scripture when our entire country ISN'T CHRISTIAN. It immediately alienates non-christians and separates us.

Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one. Everyone thinks theirs is the best... but play with it on your own and with others that agree to play with it. Don't flash it in my face and try to shove it down my throat.
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 9:35:25 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

I've mentioned before, but FYI I'm not a lefty (democrat). I think both sides have big problems, but as an independent yes I think the right has more problems... Most of the hardcore ones are caught back in the 20's where you can pray the gay away and don't believe in climate change. These are things of science, not religion. I have no respect for self-made idiots, which again there are on both sides, but my oh my it seems like the right has far more.

For example... why the hell am I listening to scripture at this inauguration? What the hell? Separation of church and state, right? Let's talk Christian scripture when our entire country ISN'T CHRISTIAN. It immediately alienates non-christians and separates us.

Religion is like a penis. It's fine to have one. Everyone thinks theirs is the best... but play with it on your own and with others that agree to play with it. Don't flash it in my face and try to shove it down my throat.

No argument with anything on the religion. So who is going to be the first to leave it out? Don't see it happening in my lifetime.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
January 20th, 2017 at 9:42:59 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

You seem to think this is some sort of new thing or something being pushed from the right. Scripture has been read and nearly every inauguration, including our founding fathers (You know the one you think would have hated this). Sorry you have such a problem hearing it, but it certainly isn't "wrong" or unconstitutional.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
January 20th, 2017 at 9:52:42 AM permalink
Most of his supporters are working?

Don't most of his supporters who are working have paid time off, and if they really wanted to, could have taken a couple of days off in order to attend this inauguration and break a record?

No, we see instead that people, and performers, all the way down to local marching bands, are "staying home in droves" for some reason.
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 10:08:32 AM permalink
Quote: Dalex64

Most of his supporters are working?

It's a dumb argument the righties keep making to cover up for Donald's small crowd size today.

These are the same righties, who in the same breath, will say "economic anxiety" is what got Trump elected, not his racist campaign.

If Trump supporters have such "economic anxiety," why are they all working today?!
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 10:19:14 AM permalink

It's a dumb argument the righties keep making to cover up for Donald's small crowd size today.

These are the same righties, who in the same breath, will say "economic anxiety" is what got Trump elected, not his racist campaign.

If Trump supporters have such "economic anxiety," why are they all working today?!

To pay their bills? After all UC is under 5%, right.

If it makes you feel better I can say they are all hanging out in airport bathroom stalls.

Meanwhile I'm back to burning crosses and starving babies I didn't want aborted.
ams288
ams288
Thanked by
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 10:21:16 AM permalink

If it makes you feel better I can say they are all hanging out in airport bathroom stalls.

With former Republican Senator Larry Craig?
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 10:33:09 AM permalink

With former Republican Senator Larry Craig?

Thanks for knowing my point!
terapined
terapined
January 20th, 2017 at 11:06:43 AM permalink

I'll go back to most of his supporters are working.

I work too and live in Tampa
I've also been to parties all over the country
Grateful Dead 50 year celebration, summer 2015, Soldier Field Chicago, I was there
Dead and Company New Years shows Irvine CA Dec 30/13 2015, I was there
Dead and Company summer tour 2017 Fenway Park, I will be there

Maybe lazy trump supporters are unemployed in rural America and cant afford to party like a hard working Dem like me
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 11:15:54 AM permalink

I work too and live in Tampa
I've also been to parties all over the country
Grateful Dead 50 year celebration, summer 2015, Soldier Field Chicago, I was there
Dead and Company New Years shows Irvine CA Dec 30/13 2015, I was there
Dead and Company summer tour 2017 Fenway Park, I will be there

Maybe lazy trump supporters are unemployed in rural America and cant afford to party like a hard working Dem like me

and we need more like you.
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 11:29:50 AM permalink
Time to move on from "Lock her up" to "Lock them up". Nothing wrong with protesting but do you really have to throw rocks at people doing their job?

Embarrassing for everyone and I would say that it they were doing this protesting Dems.
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 11:48:05 AM permalink
Protesters smash Starbucks windows. I thought these guys loved Starbucks? Where are they going to sit all day on their laptops complaining they can't find good jobs?

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2017/01/20/anti-trump-protesters-smash-windows-throw-flares-in-dc/amp/?client=safari
terapined
terapined
January 20th, 2017 at 12:43:27 PM permalink

Protesters smash Starbucks windows. I thought these guys loved Starbucks? Where are they going to sit all day on their laptops complaining they can't find good jobs?

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.com/2017/01/20/anti-trump-protesters-smash-windows-throw-flares-in-dc/amp/?client=safari

5 bucks for a cup that I can make for fifty cents, no thanks
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
January 20th, 2017 at 12:53:53 PM permalink

5 bucks for a cup that I can make for fifty cents, no thanks

Their coffee is pretty damn tasty though.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 12:54:29 PM permalink
The inaugural parade begins. The stands are mostly empty.

Poor Donald. He should have asked the gays for advice about how to throw a successful parade.

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
January 20th, 2017 at 1:06:15 PM permalink
Quote: Face

The problem here is you like so many others have redefined "bigot". I have provided the definition of bigot, which is concrete and indisputable. Your admission that you speak out against scientology, join anti- causes, etc, is nothing short of an intolerance of action, belief, and behavior. We have a term for that; it's called bigotry.

My point, which you miss in an effort to distance yourself from the Really Bad Word, is that intellectual lightweights have weaponized that term to short circuit ideas they oppose. You see how scientology tried to do it to Ms Remini, yes? No debate, no explanation, no justification, no defense. Just scream "bigot" and you instantly discredit, a discredit which is often unjust and unfounded.

If you prefer to maintain the standards of the CoS, by all means, carry on. I'm just trying to encourage a higher standard from the folks here.

So, what are you saying, one can't protest even the most atrocious people, let's say ISIS and not be labeled a bigot? How do you explain that?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
terapined
terapined
January 20th, 2017 at 1:12:44 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

So, what are you saying, one can't protest even the most atrocious people, let's say ISIS and not be labeled a bigot? How do you explain that?

I criticize the cult of scientology
Its a cult and a dangerous one at that.
Its not really a religion.

If interested in keeping up with scientology
check out the underground bunker
something new every single day
http://tonyortega.org/
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 20th, 2017 at 2:00:55 PM permalink

Not at all! You of all people should know I fully support some good old fashioned rabble rousing.

What I am doing is pointing out is the idiocy. If you speak out against ISIS, that makes you a bigot. That's not my opinion, that's Merriam Websters statement of fact. What I am trying to do is point out that everyone is a bigot in an attempt to remove all power from the word, thereby forcing folks to express themselves in a clear and most importantly constructive manner.

I wish we could word cloud this place. Perhaps it's just me, but I'd guess that "bigot" would be one of the top 5 words in size if we could. I'm just tired of it. Maybe it's just me, but it kicks me out of intelligent mode reading for content and makes me feel like I'm trolling YouTube comments for teh lulz. It's simplistic, lazy, and anti-intellectual.

I've stated several times that I am anti-urban. I oft use the term "urbanite", and while not an insult like "citiot", it's never said by me with any sort of respect or reverence. That is one of my many bigotries. But while you could stand there and scream bigot at me and be correct, does that do anything for you? Does it do anything for me? For those reading along? Is there any dialog, discussion, or exchange of information that can teach or allow learning? Is there any way for each of us to gain understanding of one another, or to find common ground, or to even come together despite our differences?

No. Just "You bigot!" and it ends. I got tired of that s#$% in 2nd grade, and it stings a bit to see that level of discourse going on at WoV.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
rxwine
rxwine
January 20th, 2017 at 2:33:04 PM permalink

But while you could stand there and scream bigot at me and be correct, does that do anything for you?

Yeah, as long as you're a worse bigot! It's that "we're all criminals" thing. You stole 20 dollars or even just someone's pencil, while someone else murdered someone makes both crimes. But there is no real equivalency even if you want to accuse both of crimes.

But I understand your views, even if I likely won't change my opinions from it.

EDIT

This is also why when someone says everyone is prejudice in an attempt to "get me", I say, yeah, but I don't revel in it, or brag about it, or claim you must accept me for it. And I try to be better, though not always succeed.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
January 20th, 2017 at 3:50:26 PM permalink
Apparently today is the first time in 10 years tear gas has been used in a protest in DC. People either love the guy or love to hate him, that's for sure.

I'm not a fan but thought his speech was pretty good. We'll see, hope for the best. I'm more concerned about Bannon and Sessions appointments than I am about Orangeman.
terapined
terapined
January 20th, 2017 at 3:56:31 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Apparently today is the first time in 10 years tear gas has been used in a protest in DC. People either love the guy or love to hate him, that's for sure.

I'm not a fan but thought his speech was pretty good. We'll see, hope for the best. I'm more concerned about Bannon and Sessions appointments than I am about Orangeman.

There is a massive Woman's protest march tomorrow
I cant remember a massive protest march a day after an inauguration.
Will the crowd tomorrow be bigger?
Probably.
jsm
jsm
  • Threads: 7
January 20th, 2017 at 4:05:00 PM permalink
I did not think Donald Trump would start his presidency with only about 10% of his appointments made. Is he really ready to lead?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 20th, 2017 at 4:52:22 PM permalink

There is a massive Woman's protest march tomorrow
I cant remember a massive protest march a day after an inauguration.
Will the crowd tomorrow be bigger?
Probably.

Crowd in DC tomorrow, which will be bigger, will also be augmented by more than 600 sister marches around the country, and on every continent (not sure about Antarctica). I expect we'll be well over a million, could be even bigger than that. I'm guessing 2 million US, nearly that again in Europe, couple hundred thousand elsewhere.

For example, only 200 buses booked parking at RFK for the Inauguration. More than 1400 have reservations for tomorrow for the march.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 7:12:36 PM permalink
GWB had some trouble with his poncho.

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 20th, 2017 at 8:32:36 PM permalink

I do have to say, I love Melania's outfit. It's iconic:

That pic is disturbing.

It is almost as if she is The Power, and he's the accordion-playing monkey.

Love his goose step, though.

Seig heil!

Gotta wonder about their sex life, specifically: do they really share using a diamond encrusted, Trump-logoed strap on to make their little piece of America great again?
"What, me worry?"
rxwine
rxwine
January 20th, 2017 at 8:52:23 PM permalink
She looks fine. Great in fact.

Now Trump looks like a man who has just been told the final secret. The one that starts aging all the Presidents at double the rate and turns their hair white.

I think the final secret, is a note on the desk, essentially saying, "Dude you got it all now! Followed by lots of LOLs. and a See Ya (not really), I'm outta here! And probably a faint whiff of smoke like a cartoon character creates when it leaves an area at hyper speed, its shadow still trying to catch up.

rxwine
rxwine
January 20th, 2017 at 11:20:16 PM permalink
There's speculation that Trump already has someone in mind who favors gutting the net neutrality legislation.

Okay, someone tell me how this will benefit the consumer?

From what I understand larger ISPs favor this and it is likely the Internet will be inhabited by fewer and bigger companies who will dominate most of the commerce.

I understand the principle of deregulation, which from a pure Republican standpoint seems to be regulations need to be undone.

But again, how does it benefit the consumer if the Internet becomes dominated by fewer powerful companies through deregulation?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 21st, 2017 at 1:15:37 AM permalink

There's speculation that Trump already has someone in mind who favors gutting the net neutrality legislation.

Okay, someone tell me how this will benefit the consumer?

From what I understand larger ISPs favor this and it is likely the Internet will be inhabited by fewer and bigger companies who will dominate most of the commerce.

I understand the principle of deregulation, which from a pure Republican standpoint seems to be regulations need to be undone.

But again, how does it benefit the consumer if the Internet becomes dominated by fewer powerful companies through deregulation?

Lost my damn post, my computer trynna mess with me now. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z_nBhfpmk4

http://www.forbes.com/sites/joshsteimle/2014/05/14/am-i-the-only-techie-against-net-neutrality/
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 21st, 2017 at 2:13:56 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Crowd in DC tomorrow, which will be bigger, will also be augmented by more than 600 sister marches around the country, and on every continent (not sure about Antarctica). I expect we'll be well over a million, could be even bigger than that. I'm guessing 2 million US, nearly that again in Europe, couple hundred thousand elsewhere.

For example, only 200 buses booked parking at RFK for the Inauguration. More than 1400 have reservations for tomorrow for the march.

March away. I have no problem with PROTESTS against any cause a person desires to protest against, including the new President. Most protests really don't do anything unless they actually energize the people protesting to go back and do the hard work of the day-to-day fight for their cause.

Protest where you are allowed to by law, be loud, proud, and make a statement about what you stand for. You can also peacefully and non-destructively go where you aren't allowed by law; don't whine if you get arrested, though!

Yesterday's actions may have started as a PROTEST but ended up as a RIOT. That is a whole different thing. Throwing deadly items at the police, people just there to do a job and then go home to their own lives, is ASSAULT WITH A DEADLY WEAPON and people who do it should be charged as such. They should be charged with it every single time. People that destroy the livelihood of others--like a limo, a storefront, etc.--should be charged with their crimes. There is a group of idiots running around rioting and protesting that have no idea what they are actually for or against (see interviews with them).

I am glad that we can have peaceful protests in this country. The problem we have is that we have too many protests turning into riots.

Enjoy the march! Revel in the fact that we all have the freedom to march.
  • Jump to: