4 votes (3.36%)
3 votes (2.52%)

119 members have voted

ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
January 17th, 2017 at 6:52:58 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Is this just random musings? You say 4 disconnected things as if there's any causal relationship.

Sometimes when he's too eager to regurgitate what Rush told him that day, this happens....
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
January 17th, 2017 at 9:09:53 PM permalink
Cause appointing the former CEO of Exxon as your environmental chair is totally draining the swamp.
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
Thanked by
Boz
January 17th, 2017 at 9:10:09 PM permalink
big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun
a person who is intolerant toward those holding different opinions.

Must be in a room full of mirrors. Leaving now.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
January 17th, 2017 at 9:11:16 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun

It's an apt word for someone who kicks and screams whenever they're opposed.
ams288
ams288
January 17th, 2017 at 10:43:59 PM permalink

big·ot
ˈbiɡət/
noun

Buh bye.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
January 18th, 2017 at 12:01:37 PM permalink
edited
Last edited by: EvenBob on Jan 18, 2017
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
January 18th, 2017 at 12:09:04 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Cause appointing the former CEO of Exxon as your environmental chair is totally draining the swamp.

You've got him in the wrong position.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 18th, 2017 at 12:13:56 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Buh bye.

Just like Obama and his 8 years of racial politics.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
January 18th, 2017 at 1:01:59 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

This is a great pic of the Obama staff in a final
group shot as they're moving out of the WH.
Look at their, faces, no smiles, glum. For many
them this was the first job they ever had. They
know Trump will start signing executive orders
on Fri as he tries to wipe out the 8 years of harm
Obama did to the country. (the Tweety Bird
looking woman in front with her arms crossed
is the real president, Valarie Jarett. Insiders say
she ran the WH and made most of the decisions,
Obama couldn't be bothered with the small stuff
of running the country)

Here is how Time describes the picture:

"This picture was not taken on Thursday, but rather a day earlier as Obama spoke in a live televised address after Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton conceded to Trump. Their expressions reflect how they felt watching their soon-to-be former boss give one of his last major speeches, not their emotions as they saw his successor arrive at the White House for the first time. That may seem minor, but it’s a big distinction, especially for those on Twitter who sought to read a lot into the photo."

http://time.com/4566547/white-house-obama-staffers-donald-trump/
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 18th, 2017 at 1:27:41 PM permalink
Quote:

Here is how Time describes the picture:

I'm the victim of fake news. The place I
got the pic said it was taken yesterday.
Oh well. They all lie now.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
Thanked by
ams288
January 18th, 2017 at 3:05:38 PM permalink

I'm the victim of fake news.

Well, the first step is realizing you have a problem.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Boz
Boz
January 18th, 2017 at 3:13:21 PM permalink

I'm the victim of fake news. The place I
got the pic said it was taken yesterday.
Oh well. They all lie now.

Blocking MSNBC and CNN is the first step to never being a victim again.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
January 18th, 2017 at 3:31:17 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

Blocking MSNBC and CNN is the first step to never being a victim again.

I was switching back & forth between MSNBC and CNN on election night. Earlier I was watching Fox....then Maxpen told me to switch to MSNBC/CNN because of how funny it was (they were all crying). It was like night and day. Fox was reporting on the election, who needs to win which states to win the election, the likely outcomes of each states, the difference in how each demographic voted from 2008 and 2012 to now, etc. On CNN/MCNBC they were crying and quite upset, essentially back-peddling into "the racist, sexist, xenophobic, rapist, bigoted, anti-LGBQTZXZQ, Trump....."

Occasionally I'll watch CNN or MSNBC, but mostly because how funny a lot of it is. Unfortunately, when they occasionally say something that's actually true or merit a discussion, they take it too far into the land of the loony, grossly oversimplying or over exaggerating something.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
January 18th, 2017 at 4:47:05 PM permalink
Donald Trump just made an off-the-cuff announcement about his election slogan for his 2020 campaign:
Quote: Fortune article

In an interview with the Washington Post published Wednesday, Trump said he wanted to trademark both "Keep America Great" and "Keep America Great!" (one nixes the exclamation point) for when he runs for re-election in 2020. Trump even called his lawyer into the room to discuss trademarking the slogan, to which his lawyer responded "Got it."

http://fortune.com/2017/01/18/donald-trump-2020-reelection/

The only problem? He might not get that trademark...
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
ams288
ams288
January 18th, 2017 at 5:03:28 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

Donald Trump just made an off-the-cuff announcement about his election slogan for his 2020 campaign:

You couldn't make this crap up!!!

The Purge 3 did a good job at spoofing Donald's campaign rhetoric..... maybe too good of a job.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 18th, 2017 at 6:12:34 PM permalink

And god herself weighs in ...
"What, me worry?"
RS
RS
January 18th, 2017 at 6:22:40 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

And god herself weighs in ...

"One glass full of liberal tears."
rxwine
rxwine
January 18th, 2017 at 6:52:51 PM permalink

Hopefully Trump will never research if he is respected around the world because it will set him off on a crazy tweet binge.. I suspect he is already the most ridiculed US President already and he hasn't officially started.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 18th, 2017 at 7:17:10 PM permalink

As Fortune has made clear about "Make America Great Again," the president-elect apparently made a sizable donation to St. Jude's in exchange for the guy who held the rights to release the phrase, as noted in an ancillary cite to yours. Of course, Fortune was unable to confirm the key details, including NOT following up with the Forms 990 for St. Jude's.
MaxPen
MaxPen
January 19th, 2017 at 1:00:53 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Hopefully Trump will never research if he is respected around the world because it will set him off on a crazy tweet binge.. I suspect he is already the most ridiculed US President already and he hasn't officially started.

Bigots do tend to ridicule. ;-) They also tend to overuse the word "bigot". So much so, that it has lost its meaning.
RS
RS
January 19th, 2017 at 1:08:35 AM permalink

Bigots do tend to ridicule. ;-) They also tend to overuse the word "bigot". So much so, that it has lost its meaning.

The racists on the left who think black people or Mexicans are too poor to get an ID (for voting purposes) are the ones who are calling the people on the right racist because they want to protect their borders.

The bigots on the left can't stand the religious people (well, Christians), but pour their hearts out to those of any other religion (ie: Islam).....then have the nerve to call other people bigots.

Ya know what I mean?
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 19th, 2017 at 3:15:38 AM permalink
Quote: RS

The racists on the left who think black people or Mexicans are too poor to get an ID (for voting purposes) are the ones who are calling the people on the right racist because they want to protect their borders.

The bigots on the left can't stand the religious people (well, Christians), but pour their hearts out to those of any other religion (ie: Islam).....then have the nerve to call other people bigots.

Ya know what I mean?

First paragraph : I look at the intent and party affiliation for those making it more difficult to vote, and I think that's the origin of the problem; a made-up non-issue masking the true reasons for their actions. In this, yes, it is bigot-driven, and you gaslighting us with this spin on what is plain to see, even bragged about, by those taking the actions to suppress votes.

Second paragraph: there is, in fact, a large population of Christian moderates and Christian left. Many millions of Americans identify with one or the other. You're being too inclusive by far to say the left disparages Christians. The Christian right, however, has pushed a religious agenda in civic matters and worked to codify their beliefs into law, and this is where the rubber meets the road for many other Christians, as well as non-Christians.

We believe in the separation of Church and State, and Freedom of Religion, both in the Constitution, which includes Freedom FROM Religion. We do not agree that religious matters such as marriage, school prayer, creationism, intrusive bedroom laws, and other matters of faith or catechism belong in local, state, or federal law. And we resent the guilt trip they try to force on us when they judge us for living our own lives in a way they disapprove.

The religious right does not have a monopoly on Christianity; I would say they are in fact about as far from Christians as you can get and still claim to be one. Everything from Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judged, to the immoral use of the Church to become wealthy at the expense of the flock; what they practice is very different from what Christ preached.

So, no, I don't know what you mean, I guess.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 19th, 2017 at 9:20:00 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

As Fortune has made clear about "Make America Great Again," the president-elect apparently made a sizable donation to St. Jude's in exchange for the guy who held the rights to release the phrase, as noted in an ancillary cite to yours.

Trump's trademark on "Make America Great Again" was filed in 2012 and is the earliest filing on record at the USPTO. Nobody held TM rights to that phrase before him. Here's how to look up trademarks:

http://tess2.uspto.gov
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 19th, 2017 at 9:27:47 AM permalink

Trump's trademark on "Make America Great Again" was filed in 2012 and is the earliest filing on record at the USPTO. Nobody held TM rights to that phrase before him. Here's how to look up trademarks:

http://tess2.uspto.gov

From the source cited by your cite, none other than the very same Fortune magazine of Oct. 30, 2015:

"Bobby Estell, better known around the country as Bobby Bones, a syndicated country music morning host, tweeted a check that appeared to be from The Trump Organization dated Oct. 26.

can't say how much the check was for. but thanks Donald Trump. This check goes to St Jude. have your slogan back pic.twitter.com/vEskCUA4la
- Bobby Bones (@mrBobbyBones) October 29, 2015

It all stems from the trademark rights to "Make America Great Again," the Ronald Reagan slogan that Trump has adopted as his own. Trump owns the trademark rights for "political action committee services" - but he and his campaign never secured them for items like hats, t-shirts and other materials, all of which have become hot sellers among supporters (and for businesses not affiliated with the campaign)."
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 19th, 2017 at 9:33:16 AM permalink

Don't consider myself a bigot regarding religion
I just consider ALL religions just some make believe fantasy, especially scientology.
Believe any religious fantasy you want, I could care less
There is no god (the letter g is always lower case for atheists)
Only problem I have is passing laws based on some religious fantasy
Laws need to be based on logic, not some fantasy of some entity controlling us or watching us from some artificial dimension in space
Last edited by: terapined on Jan 19, 2017
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 19th, 2017 at 9:56:41 AM permalink

It all stems from the trademark rights to "Make America Great Again," the Ronald Reagan slogan that Trump has adopted as his own. Trump owns the trademark rights for "political action committee services" - but he and his campaign never secured them for items like hats, t-shirts and other materials, all of which have become hot sellers among supporters (and for businesses not affiliated with the campaign)."

Trump's attorney filed for TM use as a political slogan in 2012 but didn't bother to file for use in marketing swag, even after Trump officially started his campaign in 2015? Whoops.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 19th, 2017 at 10:20:23 AM permalink

Trump's attorney filed for TM use as a political slogan in 2012 but didn't bother to file for use in marketing swag, even after Trump officially started his campaign in 2015? Whoops.

The expanded use of the phrase was settled less than two months after the campaign announcement.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
January 19th, 2017 at 10:41:59 AM permalink

The expanded use of the phrase was settled less than two months after the campaign announcement.

Which is a perfect illustration of the Trump modus operandi: make a snap decision and deal with the fallout later. Even a modicum of forethought would have indicated that he should have filed for the marketing TM in 2012 at the same time as filing for the political TM -- especially for someone so experienced with brand licensing. Just more evidence of Trump's seat-of-the-pants management style, not as if we needed it.

I don't care if Trump runs his business by the seat of his pants, that's his business. I do care if he's going to run the country that way, and it doesn't appear he's going to change in that regard.

Edit: to be fair, I run my business mostly by the seat of my pants too, but I'm a solo business owner and I can turn on a dime. The government can't. That's why I'm so concerned about snap judgments and the specter of rapidly changing policies -- because that means a whole lot of churn for government employees and lots of lost hours due to inefficient planning or poorly-considered policy. If you're concerned about your tax dollars being spent efficiently, you should want efficient management in the executive branch. Being capricious is not efficient.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
January 19th, 2017 at 12:19:21 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Don't consider myself a bigot regarding religion
I just consider ALL religions just some make believe fantasy, especially scientology.

"I don't consider myself a bigot, I'll just supply a list proving that I am."

Tolerance is the willingness to allow opinions or behavior than one doesn't necessarily agree with. Intolerance, obviously, is the opposite. If you are intolerant of others beliefs or behaviors, which you have demonstrated by your behavior towards religion, ESPECIALLY Scientology, you are the dictionary definition of a BIGOT. Simple as that. Ain't feelings, just facts.

Let that simmer a moment. Think back to your actions, your statements, your beliefs about Scientology. Think about theta, about Xenu, about becoming Clear. Think of the things you've heard, seen, what has happened and is happening within your community.

Still hold the same beliefs about it? I thought so, and that makes you a Grade-A Bigot.

And now, hopefully, you will understand why the bigot claim levied at others makes not a whit of difference. It's been made a buzz word to use in an attack or devalue another, but in reality, it means nothing other than a statement that you do not accept something.

You're a bigot, TE. Just like everyone else.

/pedantry
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
ams288
ams288
January 19th, 2017 at 12:24:17 PM permalink
Quote: Face

Tolerance is the willingness to allow opinions or behavior than one doesn't necessarily agree with. Intolerance, obviously, is the opposite. If you are intolerant of others beliefs or behaviors, which you have demonstrated by your behavior towards religion, ESPECIALLY Scientology, you are the dictionary definition of a BIGOT. Simple as that. Ain't feelings, just facts.

Let that simmer a moment. Think back to your actions, your statements, your beliefs about Scientology. Think about theta, about Xenu, about becoming Clear. Think of the things you've heard, seen, what has happened and is happening within your community.

Still hold the same beliefs about it? I thought so, and that makes you a Grade-A Bigot.

And now, hopefully, you will understand why the bigot claim levied at others makes not a whit of difference. It's been made a buzz word to use in an attack or devalue another, but in reality, it means nothing other than a statement that you do not accept something.

/pedantry

Someone should do a split thread about Scientology.

I've been watching that Leah Remini show about escaping from Scientology. Those people are friggin nuts!

It's an excellent show. Very entertaining and informative. Everyone should watch.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
January 19th, 2017 at 12:34:30 PM permalink

I consider myself somewhat of a scientology expert.
I live 20 min from "FLAG" also known as the Super Powers Building in Clearwater
I have never been a scientologist and consider it a harmful cult
I spend a lot of time on anti-scientology boards
My overall opinion, its really really bad
but
If you want to join up, I would not do anything. This is America, you have rights, scientology has rights
An individual has a right to be a scientologist.
A lot of scientology critics actually want it banned somehow
I am against that, the power to ban scientology. That power can be corrupted
Boy, I'm some bigot :-)

Exposing the scientology cult to the public is not being a bigot. Its about being able to have an honest discussion about scientology.
Anybody speaking honestly about scientology, the cult calls a bigot, which is false.
Leah Remini is not a bigot, she is simply speaking honestly about scientology
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
January 19th, 2017 at 12:34:59 PM permalink

You've got him in the wrong position.

Oops you are correct, Rex Tillerson is being nominated for Secretary of State.

Rick Perry, who vowed to abolish the Department of Energy, is the one being nominated to run the Department of Energy.

Things get confusing with so many swampy picks. Betsy Devos being among the most egregious.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
January 19th, 2017 at 12:45:59 PM permalink
If we can't agree on the word bigot, I'm sure we can agree on the word hypocrite.

Boz
Boz
January 19th, 2017 at 1:17:46 PM permalink

/pedantry

Someone should do a split thread about Scientology.

I've been watching that Leah Remini show about escaping from Scientology. Those people are friggin nuts!

It's an excellent show. Very entertaining and informative. Everyone should watch.

Damn, I knew if we did this long enough we would find something we could agree on! Total nutjobs.
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
January 19th, 2017 at 2:11:09 PM permalink

<snip> We believe in the separation of Church and State, and Freedom of Religion, both in the Constitution, which includes Freedom FROM Religion. We do not agree that religious matters such as marriage, school prayer, creationism, intrusive bedroom laws, and other matters of faith or catechism belong in local, state, or federal law. And we resent the guilt trip they try to force on us when they judge us for living our own lives in a way they disapprove.

<snip>

Babs, are you a republican? (As you've said in this thread (I think it was this one) that you are.) Or is this similar to when President Obama said something about "his Muslim faith"?

Just a playful 'gotchya'. 😉
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 19th, 2017 at 3:15:25 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

I consider myself somewhat of a scientology expert.

Terapined lives in a pup tent across
from the Scientology building in
FL. He has binoculars on them 12
hours a day, just ask him. His tent
is covered in tin foil just to be safe.
Last edited by: EvenBob on Jan 19, 2017
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
January 19th, 2017 at 3:41:32 PM permalink
Quote: Mooseton

<snip> We believe in the separation of Church and State, and Freedom of Religion, both in the Constitution, which includes Freedom FROM Religion. We do not agree that religious matters such as marriage, school prayer, creationism, intrusive bedroom laws, and other matters of faith or catechism belong in local, state, or federal law. And we resent the guilt trip they try to force on us when they judge us for living our own lives in a way they disapprove.

<snip>

Babs, are you a republican? (As you've said in this thread (I think it was this one) that you are.) Or is this similar to when President Obama said something about "his Muslim faith"?

Just a playful 'gotchya'. 😉

I am what used to be known as a moderate Republican. I grew up in a very active political household; my dad was campaign manager for a Minnesota Republican governor, my mom a delegate to the '68 convention, later Iowa campaign manager for John Anderson in '80, a few highlights among many.

The party moved away from us and millions of others with the invasion of the religious right and their odious platform planks. But you can't change anything from the outside. I was sidelined for 25 years as a federal employee under the Hatch Act, but am doing what I can to support my idea of what the party should be in retirement.

I'm also a Christian, raised Episcopalian, currently not a member of any organized religion. So, when saying "we", I'm speaking for myself and.many people I know who are similarly displaced, either from a political party gone astray, or from the now - popular stereotype of Christian = repressive, intrusive, money-machine sheep - shearing manipulators. Or both.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 19th, 2017 at 5:49:50 PM permalink

but am doing what I can to support my idea of what the party should be in retirement.

Didn't you support Obama twice and
Hillary this time? Is that what you
think the Repub party should be?
ams288
ams288
January 19th, 2017 at 6:38:48 PM permalink
Donald got a crowd of 10,000 at his inaugural concert tonight.

Obama got 400,000 in 2009.

Ouch.
RS
RS
January 19th, 2017 at 6:59:06 PM permalink

Ouch.

Are you comparing Ronald Reagan with George Bush? I'm not seeing the numbers you're claiming.
EvenBob
EvenBob
January 19th, 2017 at 7:18:35 PM permalink

But they weren't there to see Obummer, they
went to see the stunning roster of performers.
Those performers candidate lost the election
this time so they stayed away.

I take take solace that Trump filled stadiums
with 10's of thousands on the trail, and Hillary
had 110 people in half a HS gym somewhere.
And who will have their hand on the Bible
at noon tomorrow, that's what matters.
rxwine
rxwine
January 19th, 2017 at 7:50:09 PM permalink

And who will have their hand on the Bible
at noon tomorrow,.

People praying for country to survive the next 4 years most likely.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
January 19th, 2017 at 8:27:36 PM permalink

But they weren't there to see Obummer, they went to see the stunning roster of performers. Those performers' candidate lost the election this time so they stayed away.

Maybe the conditions were different what with all the threats of violence and catastrophe, as amplified by the likes of CNN's detailing the effects of serial assassinations.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 19th, 2017 at 8:56:35 PM permalink

Someone should do a split thread about Scientology.... Those people are friggin nuts!

Even nuttier: the Moonies.

I spent a day with them in San Francisco: weird, scary weird.
"What, me worry?"
MaxPen
MaxPen
Thanked by
RS
January 19th, 2017 at 10:36:44 PM permalink

Ya know what I mean?

Here a bigot, there a bigot, everywhere a bigot might make oneself a hypocritical bigot.

Ya I know what you mean.
Boz
Boz
Thanked by
AxelWolf
January 20th, 2017 at 3:40:28 AM permalink

Ouch.

That's all you have left? This is going to be easy.

Maybe the Trump supporters were WORKING and the Obama fans thought there was something for free?
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 4:54:58 AM permalink

That's all you have left? This is going to be easy.

Maybe the Trump supporters were WORKING and the Obama fans thought there was something for free?

Do you righties even pay attention to Donald?

What does he talk about more than CROWD SIZE?

Seriously, he was still talking about his crowds from the campaign rallies just yesterday. He's yet to realize he narrowly won the EC and is actually President now and should be focusing on actually getting stuff done.

And let's not forget this tweet from December:

He ain't gonna come close to the all time record.

The question is: Will he lie about it and pretend he did? (hint: yes)
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 4:58:31 AM permalink

But they weren't there to see Obummer, they
went to see the stunning roster of performers.

So what you're saying is that all the A-listers that Donald desperately tried to get to perform would have made the difference? And Donald's failure to get them is why his crowd was so embarrassingly small for someone who loves to brag about his crowd sizes?
Boz
Boz
January 20th, 2017 at 5:30:00 AM permalink
Just watching the lefties almost cry today makes it so worthwhile. Not a one of them can say what they are afraid of with Trump.

If anyone on the right would have protested the way these babies are against Obama, they would have been called Racist. When was the last time anyone involved in a protest on the right had to be sprayed or tear gassed?

From BLM to Occupy to these fools, they are all the same....worried about losing something they never earned in the first place.
ams288
ams288
January 20th, 2017 at 5:41:39 AM permalink

Just watching the lefties almost cry today makes it so worthwhile. Not a one of them can say what they are afraid of with Trump.

I felt the same way you do today in 2009.

It ebbs and flows. Always does.

Only difference was that in 2009 the PEOTUS had approval ratings above 40%.
  • Jump to: