odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 298
  • Posts: 8218
December 26th, 2015 at 12:39:27 PM permalink
I keep getting a vision of this guy being caught on camera taking one card out and putting another in, over and over again. It does seem that it would be easy to do and *not* get caught; there's that thing of getting away with it and assuming no one is paying any attention and getting sloppy.

But I am not sure. It's possible he was smarter than that and they have ways of catching you anyway.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
qwertyoc
qwertyoc
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 7
December 26th, 2015 at 1:23:13 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

Who holds the trials, the tribes or the State of Oklahoma?



This case is actually being brought by the State of Oklahoma. It is not being done as a tribal case. I originally thought it was tribal as well since it happened on tribal land in a tribal casino but it looks like because of the agreement the state has with this tribal police, they acted as Municipal/City police and the charges are by the State so I believe he does have a chance to show this police department acted out of reprisal/retaliation by arresting him for something that is not a crime.
qwertyoc
qwertyoc
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 7
December 26th, 2015 at 1:30:18 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

I keep getting a vision of this guy being caught on camera taking one card out and putting another in, over and over again.



That is exactly what he was doing but SO WHAT! People do it everyday in casino's all over the US. The Casinos allow people to do their spouses cards and don't have an issue with it. It is either against the rules to use another persons card or it isn't and even if it is against the rules, it isn't against the law, there is a big difference. Most casinos in Oklahoma know this and they just issue you a temporary ban from the casino with a threat of a trespassing charge if you return which is what they should have done. They had many other options, they could have used their security surveillance and card tracking to determine all of the cards he was using and just deactivated the cards or given him a ban from the casino but because he was taking money from them, they wanted to retaliate against him by forcing him to be arrested, searching and seizing property on him and from his vehicle, etc. They even tried to force him to stay in jail over night by dragging their feet on requests for a search warrant for the vehicle which kept a bail from being set for over 6 hours.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 122
  • Posts: 12554
January 16th, 2016 at 9:32:58 AM permalink
Here is an Article with some tips on how to avoid getting nailed using other peoples' players club cards:

http://wizardofvegas.com/articles/you-down-with-opc/
Vultures can't be choosers.
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 765
January 16th, 2016 at 1:13:35 PM permalink
Quote: qwertyoc

That is exactly what he was doing but SO WHAT! People do it everyday in casino's all over the US. The Casinos allow people to do their spouses cards and don't have an issue with it. It is either against the rules to use another persons card or it isn't and even if it is against the rules, it isn't against the law, there is a big difference. Most casinos in Oklahoma know this and they just issue you a temporary ban from the casino with a threat of a trespassing charge if you return which is what they should have done. They had many other options, they could have used their security surveillance and card tracking to determine all of the cards he was using and just deactivated the cards or given him a ban from the casino but because he was taking money from them, they wanted to retaliate against him by forcing him to be arrested, searching and seizing property on him and from his vehicle, etc. They even tried to force him to stay in jail over night by dragging their feet on requests for a search warrant for the vehicle which kept a bail from being set for over 6 hours.



THEFT BY DECEPTION
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 7629
July 27th, 2016 at 1:31:19 AM permalink
Were there any racial factors? I just find such a story hard to believe unless someone was singled out for an irrational reason. Did your friend ever show you documentation proving his story? Five here, ten there I don't believe it. I'm more like to believe this to be propaganda of some sort.

I would never be afraid to use a family members free play. We spend money, so if a casino wants to bring it, bring it. I'm not afraid if a casino doesn't get an extra nickel or a nickel a week late.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 7629
July 27th, 2016 at 1:33:43 AM permalink
Quote: sabre

THEFT BY DECEPTION


Slot machines cannot be charged with a crime.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker.
qwertyoc
qwertyoc
Joined: Dec 17, 2015
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 7
July 27th, 2016 at 1:54:36 AM permalink
It seems hard to believe but it is true. He was charged with False Personation and Obtaining Property By False Pretenses and had to take a differed sentence. Cost him over $3k in fines and legal fees and has to call in constantly like a criminal for the next 3 years. It should have been a false arrest and they should be sued!
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
Joined: Jan 26, 2012
  • Threads: 202
  • Posts: 7629
July 27th, 2016 at 2:17:11 AM permalink
Quote: qwertyoc

It seems hard to believe but it is true. He was charged with False Personation and Obtaining Property By False Pretenses and had to take a differed sentence. Cost him over $3k in fines and legal fees and has to call in constantly like a criminal for the next 3 years. It should have been a false arrest and they should be sued!

I regretted being so emotional almost immediately. Sucks it seems there could be bs precedence because someone winds up in kangaroo court. Really the zombies will echo these stories and public perception could change where people think these things are illegal and immoral when they're not. Just happened to notice a casino requiring the card swiped at a kiosk to redeem.

I can't be prosecuted because we use the same pins and have almost identical names, so oops, reasonable doubt. No matter what may be claimed, those cards are not property of the casino if I'm possessing them. I'm getting a little tired, so not sure how much sense I'm making, but will let this stand to protect whatever makes sense. Casinos are greedy and immoral using deception to make a buck more than anyone else and I won't forget that nor be convinced it untrue.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker.
WangSanJose
WangSanJose
Joined: May 2, 2012
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 109
December 16th, 2018 at 2:15:22 AM permalink
Wow, your friend's case was handled in the state court, not the tribal court, and he still lost?
So using other's card not only violates the casino rule but can also violate the state law?
False Personation and Obtaining Property By False Pretenses seems like legit reasons. I thought using other's card only violate the rule, not the law.
Great

  • Jump to: