waasnoday
waasnoday
Joined: Jan 13, 2015
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 162
July 16th, 2015 at 9:29:09 AM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

On a related note, as a practical measure how do you all recommend one deal with getting a taxable hand pay while playing on someone else's card? It might look suspect to immediately pull the card, do most places bother to check that my ID matches my players card? I've never seen a place actually look at the card when they pull it for a hand pay but all my experience is for jackpots < $1200 . Any advice would be highly appreciated and will hopefully be relevant to me in the coming weeks.



Taxable payouts will have more scrutiny than non-taxable payouts. The casino in most cases will require two forms of ID to claim the payout and if you won this while playing under someone else's card you may or may not be paid depending on the casino. If you were using the other person's card because you were trespassed then generally they will not pay out the win. If this is not the result of a trespass then you may have a better chance getting the payout. The IRS and FinCEN have been warning casinos of their current focus on casino compliance so do expect most establishments to be very sweaty in regards to any taxable payout.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
July 16th, 2015 at 12:43:53 PM permalink
Last week I used an elevator at my local casino for the first time. There were 3 signs and one of the said something like the person that spins is the owner of the win. That leads me to believe that even if you are using another person's card they could.nit withhold the winnings. Now if you were on the free play that may be different. I could also see where they pay you and then 86.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 2102
July 16th, 2015 at 12:49:20 PM permalink
If you are going through a host... or even talking to the MLife desk... you can usually just hand them both accounts that stayed in a given room and they will look at them together.

I have no idea how much weight they give this, but just know (at least at MLife) they will be willing to look at the cards of both players staying in a single room.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
July 16th, 2015 at 3:13:49 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Last week I used an elevator at my local casino for the first time. There were 3 signs and one of the said something like the person that spins is the owner of the win. That leads me to believe that even if you are using another person's card they could.nit withhold the winnings. Now if you were on the free play that may be different. I could also see where they pay you and then 86.


I would advise you avoid the elevators if you have significant amount of chips with you. Those chips, whether you bought for cash, or got lucky and won. Either way, if they just wind up at the bottom of the shaft, and never redeemed, well then the house comes out ahead, again ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Deck007
Deck007
Joined: Mar 3, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 344
July 16th, 2015 at 5:13:26 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Last week I used an elevator at my local casino for the first time. There were 3 signs and one of the said something like the person that spins is the owner of the win. That leads me to believe that even if you are using another person's card they could.nit withhold the winnings. Now if you were on the free play that may be different. I could also see where they pay you and then 86.



I won't count on the sign. I had a notice from the casino about the validity of the new points. When questioned effectively the reply is if you want to continue to play in our private club this is what we do. Never mind what you read or see.

Quote: ahiromu

If you are going through a host... or even talking to the MLife desk... you can usually just hand them both accounts that stayed in a given room and they will look at them together.

I have no idea how much weight they give this, but just know (at least at MLife) they will be willing to look at the cards of both players staying in a single room.



It is a matter especially in Vegas of selling your Comp hotel rooms. No casino would allow this.
So over here you have to check in with your IC and players card. After check in you can give the room key to anyone to use. But don't go for room service as the signatures won't match. If caught selling your room they would 86 you.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 152
  • Posts: 20074
July 16th, 2015 at 5:39:15 PM permalink
Quote: Deck007

I won't count on the sign. I had a notice from the casino about the validity of the new points. When questioned effectively the reply is if you want to continue to play in our private club this is what we do. Never mind what you read or see.



It is a matter especially in Vegas of selling your Comp hotel rooms. No casino would allow this.
So over here you have to check in with your IC and players card. After check in you can give the room key to anyone to use. But don't go for room service as the signatures won't match. If caught selling your room they would 86 you.

If your getting a.comped room just tell your host your friend is omming to town or something and your going to be hanging out there as well. Never had a host say yo7 could not do that. Or add someone to the room.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
Deck007
Deck007
Joined: Mar 3, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 344
July 16th, 2015 at 5:47:48 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

If your getting a.comped room just tell your host your friend is omming to town or something and your going to be hanging out there as well. Never had a host say yo7 could not do that. Or add someone to the room.



Right just check in with your IC and players card. No need to say anything else.
But if you need a second room key they would need that person's IC.
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
July 16th, 2015 at 5:51:04 PM permalink
WTF is an IC?
Deck007
Deck007
Joined: Mar 3, 2014
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 344
July 16th, 2015 at 5:54:29 PM permalink
Identity card, social security card
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 152
  • Posts: 20074
July 16th, 2015 at 5:55:19 PM permalink
Quote: Deck007

Right just check in with your IC and players card. No need to say anything else.
But if you need a second room key they would need that person's IC.

I always ask for 2 keys even if im by myself.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪

  • Jump to: