ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
January 11th, 2023 at 6:10:18 PM permalink
Somebody replied to a comment I made concerning a YouTube video of somebody Martingaling, and asked if I could recommend a book on how to calculate odds and payouts (I had calculated the probability of losing seven even-money bets in a row on a double-zero wheel and winning seven in a row on a single-zero wheel.) It needs to be something "basic" - obviously, there has to be some math involved, but nothing close to a university textbook.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
January 12th, 2023 at 3:37:38 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

Somebody replied to a comment I made concerning a YouTube video of somebody Martingaling, and asked if I could recommend a book on how to calculate odds and payouts (I had calculated the probability of losing seven even-money bets in a row on a double-zero wheel and winning seven in a row on a single-zero wheel.) It needs to be something "basic" - obviously, there has to be some math involved, but nothing close to a university textbook.
link to original post

the link is from a University - which I think you were saying you didn't want

he bases it on a single zero wheel but then says it is easily transferrable to a double zero wheel

I know you're great in math - I'm sure you can decipher this - you prolly will have to summarize it in plain language for the YT guy

hope this helps - maybe not - but I thought it might

https://digitalscholarship.unlv.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1630&context=gaming_institute

Please don't feed the trolls
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
January 12th, 2023 at 3:39:08 AM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

link to original post

I always assumed the Wizard would do a beginners gambling math book.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
  • Jump to: