Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:16:40 AM permalink
Quote: bw

Well I guess we can't really believe anything, since pretty much you can find a study that supports the opposing view.

Gee, awesome comeback.

Anyway, it looks like my post went right over your head since you didn't address anything I said.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:18:31 AM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

Also you said something that was wrong and I corrected you on it. You thought predisposed or more likely to be meant guaranteed to be and that is blatantly false so I corrected you.

Nice attempt at another shift. Go back and read the entire exchange. I didn't state any position and simply argued that someone else's statement was incorrect. But you people are intellectually dishonest and won't even admit that I didn't even use the words "predisposed" or "guaranteed"! Anyway, I can't wait to see your next attempt at a shift...lol
bw
bw
  • Threads: 6
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:19:39 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Gee, awesome comeback.

Anyway, it looks like my post went right over your head since you didn't address anything I said.

I address exactly what you said, that you can find a study supporting anything.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:21:52 AM permalink

I address exactly what you said, that you can find a study supporting anything.

And what else did I say in that post, Einstein? Oh, that's right...you didn't read the rest of it!
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 200
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:25:02 AM permalink
Although, I would understand the desire of both the gay community and military community to protest at his funeral, I hope neither do. Take the high road and do not give this man the attention that he so craved one last time. Just show that he and his family/followers are insignificant haters.
bw
bw
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:27:04 AM permalink
I did read the rest of it. 45% of the population being opposed to gay marriage doesn't mean 45% of the population is gay. It doesn't mean 45% of the population hate gays either. I don't know where you come up with that reasoning. I guess you like to put words in my mouth. Thanks for the Einstein compliment though, one of the greatest thinkers in history.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:27:53 AM permalink

Nice attempt at another shift. Go back and read the entire exchange. I didn't state any position and simply argued that someone else's statement was wrong. But you people are intellectually dishonest and won't even admit that I didn't even use the words "predisposed" or "guaranteed". So freakin dishonest! Anyway, I can't wait to see you next attempt at a shift...lol

The person said he wouldn't be surprised to find many are gay that is exactly what he said and you quarrelled with. A post was brought up saying that homophobes are more likely to be gay. Then you said that can't be true because 45% of people are against gay marriage but not 45% of people are gay. Exact quote so you can't say I am lying about what you said

"Seriously, 45% of America opposes gay marriage. You're really going to argue the absurd, ridiculous point that 45% of the American population is made up of self-hating gays (when the gay population itself is 3% max)?"

That means you interpreted it to mean he implied with the study that all homophobes are gay which is not what the study says the study says they are more likely to be gay. So yes you did equate predisposed with guaranteed. You did not use those words but it is what you implied when you attacked the study. Again no one but your strawman is arguing that every homophobe is gay all we are saying is that many of them are, the many specifically being a larger proportion than you would find in a random sampling of the population.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:29:24 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Although, I would understand the desire of both the gay community and military community to protest at his funeral, I hope neither do. Take the high road and do not give this man the attention that he so craved one last time. Just show that he and his family/followers are insignificant haters.

He is not having a funeral and I have to agree if he did it should not be protested. He was a vile man and I am happy that he is dead but we should not and cannot stoop to the level of that monster.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:29:39 AM permalink

I did read the rest of it. 45% of the population being opposed to gay marriage doesn't mean 45% of the population is gay. It doesn't mean 45% of the population hate gays either

You really need to have a talk with your fellow LGBTEWSLWQWLQ members. According to them, anyone who opposes gay marriage is "anti-gay".
bw
bw
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:33:33 AM permalink

I did read the rest of it. 45% of the population being opposed to gay marriage doesn't mean 45% of the population is gay. It doesn't mean 45% of the population hate gays either

You really need to have a talk with your fellow LGBTEWSLWQWLQ members. According to them, anyone who opposes gay marriage is "anti-gay".

I am not out to convince anyone of anything, just stating my opinion.

• Jump to: