FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 436
Joined: Mar 27, 2013
March 20th, 2014 at 3:08:01 PM permalink
“My name is Fred Phelps, I was pastor of the Westboro Bible Church in Kansas. I think I just died.”

“Yes, Mr. Phelps, you did. But you won’t have to worry about pain anymore. You are free of physical pain. By the way I’m Bruce.”

“And Freddie, I’m Lance.”

“Hello,” says Mr. Phelps.

“God has made us your guides to your very own unique afterlife. Fred do you notice how sparkly everything is?” states Lance.

“Yes, yes, I do, I do. The roads are golden and each house seems immaculate and perfectly presentable. It is so much better here than where I lived in Kansas with my church members.”

“Of course it is,” says Bruce. “We take good care of our neighborhoods and our neighbors.”

“We love our neighbors, just as God told us to,” states Lance.

“I was a preacher, you know,” says Phelps. “I spoke to the masses.”

“Yes, we know,” says Bruce. “Everyone here has listened to your sermons. They are all anxious to meet you.”

“Here is your house, Freddie.” Lance points to a magnificent chateau.

“Oh, my, it is beautiful,” exclaims Fred Phelps.

A gorgeous, tall, rugged young man with a brilliant white smile comes loping down the path from the house.

“Hi, oh hi,” he says and gives Fred Phelps a big manly hug.

“We’ll leave you now Mr. Phelps,” says Bruce.

“Yes, Freddie, we won’t have any time with you until, I think, uhm, next Thursday,” says Lance.

“Don’t worry guys, I’ll take really good care of him,” says the young man. “Mr. Phelps, let’s go into the house, all the other fellows are anxious to meet you. By the way, my name is Rock.”

“Rock?”

“Yes, Rock, Rock Hudson. Now follow me.”
FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 436
Joined: Mar 27, 2013
March 21st, 2014 at 8:46:22 AM permalink
For the emailers: I thought everyone knew who Reverend Fred Phelps was. Others' heaven would be his hell.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
  • Posts: 22290
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
March 21st, 2014 at 8:59:08 AM permalink
Quote: FrankScoblete

For the emailers: I thought everyone knew who Reverend Fred Phelps was. Others' heaven would be his hell.

I just wonder if he really believed in the nonsense he preached about, or it was just a way to get more followers and receive more popularity and money ? Kind of like some DI's do ;)
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 436
Joined: Mar 27, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 5:44:05 AM permalink
He was a believer. I saw some of his church services in a documentary. Most of his patrons were family members and (seriously) they all looked a bit nutty.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 6:00:33 AM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I just wonder if he really believed in the nonsense he preached about, or it was just a way to get more followers and receive more popularity and money ? Kind of like some DI's do ;)



Think is he really didn't make that much money on it. As was pointed out almost all his followers were family members and he couldn't even manage to keep all his family members. He believed what he was saying. For some reason he was just a truly vile human being.

As for some of the other extreme pastors I have to believe they only do it for the money or are at least heavily influenced by the money. The prosperity gospel bull that has infiltrated Christianity is nothing more than a money making scheme. Also Robertson I think he does have a core of beliefs which align somewhat with what he is saying but I don't think he believes it all. And there are other pastors who I can almost guarantee are just this generations snake oil salesman. They peddle an eternal salvation that I'm willing to bet even they don't believe in.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
  • Posts: 14484
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
March 22nd, 2014 at 6:24:25 AM permalink
Quote: FrankScoblete

He was a believer.

In dice influencing? Else what is he doing here? Was he one of the Holy Rollers at Blackjack card counting? Is that the relevance?
Quote: FrankScoblete

]I saw some of his church services in a documentary. Most of his patrons were family members and (seriously) they all looked a bit nutty.

Now that is something that can be said of just about every preacher who starts out thumpin' on a Bible. You start with those what ain't likely to laugh at you and work upwards from there.
FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 436
Joined: Mar 27, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 6:31:32 AM permalink
The "gay angle" is not unusual. When I travelled to Memphis I'd watch Sunday morning prayer services and most of them associated gays with the casino industry as if gays were the culprits behind casinos and all gambling in America.

For some reason, they have a real hatred for gays. There's no "live and let live" in their attitude.
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 1739
Joined: Jan 12, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 6:34:31 AM permalink
The televangelist should consider going pay per view. I'd pay to watch Benny Hinn, he's one funny cat. Oral Roberts was my go to guy when I needed some comic relief…..god rest his soul.
Each day is better than the next
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 306
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 7:12:45 AM permalink
Quote: FrankScoblete

The "gay angle" is not unusual. When I travelled to Memphis I'd watch Sunday morning prayer services and most of them associated gays with the casino industry as if gays were the culprits behind casinos and all gambling in America.

For some reason, they have a real hatred for gays. There's no "live and let live" in their attitude.



I wouldn't be surprised to find that many of them are gay themselves. So it is a self hatred.
midwestgb
midwestgb
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 465
Joined: Dec 8, 2009
March 22nd, 2014 at 7:24:30 AM permalink
Quote: bw

I wouldn't be surprised to find that many of them are gay themselves. So it is a self hatred.



Here in Kansas, it is relatively well known that Pastor Fred was accused of abuse by multiple family members. A fair number of his offspring 'departed' the family cult, er Church, over the years and several let it be known that such problems existed.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 7:32:23 AM permalink
Quote: bw

I wouldn't be surprised to find that many of them are gay themselves. So it is a self hatred.



Well test done http://www.nytimes.com/2012/04/29/opinion/sunday/homophobic-maybe-youre-gay.html?_r=0 have shown that many self identified super straight homophobes are actually a little bit gay.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 7:33:34 AM permalink
Quote: bw

I wouldn't be surprised to find that many of them are gay themselves. So it is a self hatred.


I've never understood why I hear people say this so often. It's like saying that atheists are closet Christians who hate themselves. *facepalm*
Fighting BS one post at a time!
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 306
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 7:40:26 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

I've never understood why I hear people say this so often. It's like saying that atheists are closet Christians who hate themselves. *facepalm*



Why so many people say this so often? Because it is often true.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 7:44:56 AM permalink
Quote: bw

Why so many people say this so often? Because it is often true.


It's true because you say it is? I get it now.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 306
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 7:49:23 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

It's true because you say it is? I get it now.



What about studies such as the NY times article mentioned above?
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 7:52:38 AM permalink
Quote: bw

What about studies such as the NY times article mentioned above?

Yeah, and if I search hard enough, I can also find "studies" that support pretty much anything.

Seriously, 45% of America opposes gay marriage. You're really going to argue the absurd, ridiculous point that 45% of the American population is made up of self-hating gays (when the gay population itself is 3% max)?
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:01:18 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Yeah, and if I search hard enough, I can also find "studies" that support pretty much anything.

Seriously, 45% of America opposes gay marriage. You're really going to argue the absurd, ridiculous point that 45% of the American population is made up of self-hating gays when the gay population is 3% max?



Well actually gay population is significantly higher then 3% since 3.5% self identify as either gay or bisexual. Also again saying there is a correlation does not mean everyone in the population has to fit in. For instance African Americans are significantly more likely to suffer from sickle cell anemia than non Africans that does not mean every African American has sickle cell anemia. Similarly saying homophobes are predisposed to homosexual thoughts does not mean every homophobe is homosexual. For instance say 4% of the population is homosexual if 6% of homophobes were homosexual that would mean they are statistically more likely to be homosexual but are not very likely to be homosexual. I mean 6% is only 1/16. These numbers are all made up clearly but they were chosen to illustrate the point that saying the study is wrong because obviously 45% of the population isn't gay is a strawman.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:04:58 AM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

Well actually gay population is...

[mercifully snipped the attempted shift]


Haha...I KNEW you'd reply. I swear, you and ams288 pop up out of nowhere whenever gay issues or asexual issues are being discussed. :D
Fighting BS one post at a time!
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 306
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:15:08 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Yeah, and if I search hard enough, I can also find "studies" that support pretty much anything.

Seriously, 45% of America opposes gay marriage. You're really going to argue the absurd, ridiculous point that 45% of the American population is made up of self-hating gays (when the gay population itself is 3% max)?



Well I guess we can't really believe anything, since pretty much you can find a study that supports the opposing view.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:15:18 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Quote: Twirdman

Well actually gay population is...

[mercifully snipped the attempted shift]


Haha...I KNEW you'd reply. I swear, you and ams288 pop up out of nowhere whenever gay issues or asexual issues are being discussed. :D



You realize this is the first gay issue I've popped into for a while and I was in the post about mathematical fallacy along with numerous other post right. Hardly popping up out of no where. Also you said something that was wrong and I corrected you on it. You thought predisposed or more likely to be meant guaranteed to be and that is blatantly false so I corrected you.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:16:40 AM permalink
Quote: bw

Well I guess we can't really believe anything, since pretty much you can find a study that supports the opposing view.

Gee, awesome comeback.

Anyway, it looks like my post went right over your head since you didn't address anything I said.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:18:31 AM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

Also you said something that was wrong and I corrected you on it. You thought predisposed or more likely to be meant guaranteed to be and that is blatantly false so I corrected you.


Nice attempt at another shift. Go back and read the entire exchange. I didn't state any position and simply argued that someone else's statement was incorrect. But you people are intellectually dishonest and won't even admit that I didn't even use the words "predisposed" or "guaranteed"! Anyway, I can't wait to see your next attempt at a shift...lol
Fighting BS one post at a time!
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 306
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:19:39 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Gee, awesome comeback.

Anyway, it looks like my post went right over your head since you didn't address anything I said.



I address exactly what you said, that you can find a study supporting anything.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:21:52 AM permalink
Quote: bw

I address exactly what you said, that you can find a study supporting anything.


And what else did I say in that post, Einstein? Oh, that's right...you didn't read the rest of it!
Fighting BS one post at a time!
kewlj
kewlj
  • Threads: 216
  • Posts: 4635
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:25:02 AM permalink
Although, I would understand the desire of both the gay community and military community to protest at his funeral, I hope neither do. Take the high road and do not give this man the attention that he so craved one last time. Just show that he and his family/followers are insignificant haters.
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 306
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:27:04 AM permalink
I did read the rest of it. 45% of the population being opposed to gay marriage doesn't mean 45% of the population is gay. It doesn't mean 45% of the population hate gays either. I don't know where you come up with that reasoning. I guess you like to put words in my mouth. Thanks for the Einstein compliment though, one of the greatest thinkers in history.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:27:53 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Nice attempt at another shift. Go back and read the entire exchange. I didn't state any position and simply argued that someone else's statement was wrong. But you people are intellectually dishonest and won't even admit that I didn't even use the words "predisposed" or "guaranteed". So freakin dishonest! Anyway, I can't wait to see you next attempt at a shift...lol



The person said he wouldn't be surprised to find many are gay that is exactly what he said and you quarrelled with. A post was brought up saying that homophobes are more likely to be gay. Then you said that can't be true because 45% of people are against gay marriage but not 45% of people are gay. Exact quote so you can't say I am lying about what you said

"Seriously, 45% of America opposes gay marriage. You're really going to argue the absurd, ridiculous point that 45% of the American population is made up of self-hating gays (when the gay population itself is 3% max)?"

That means you interpreted it to mean he implied with the study that all homophobes are gay which is not what the study says the study says they are more likely to be gay. So yes you did equate predisposed with guaranteed. You did not use those words but it is what you implied when you attacked the study. Again no one but your strawman is arguing that every homophobe is gay all we are saying is that many of them are, the many specifically being a larger proportion than you would find in a random sampling of the population.
Twirdman
Twirdman
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:29:24 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

Although, I would understand the desire of both the gay community and military community to protest at his funeral, I hope neither do. Take the high road and do not give this man the attention that he so craved one last time. Just show that he and his family/followers are insignificant haters.



He is not having a funeral and I have to agree if he did it should not be protested. He was a vile man and I am happy that he is dead but we should not and cannot stoop to the level of that monster.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:29:39 AM permalink
Quote: bw

I did read the rest of it. 45% of the population being opposed to gay marriage doesn't mean 45% of the population is gay. It doesn't mean 45% of the population hate gays either


You really need to have a talk with your fellow LGBTEWSLWQWLQ members. According to them, anyone who opposes gay marriage is "anti-gay".
Fighting BS one post at a time!
bw
bw
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 306
Joined: Aug 9, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:33:33 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Quote: bw

I did read the rest of it. 45% of the population being opposed to gay marriage doesn't mean 45% of the population is gay. It doesn't mean 45% of the population hate gays either


You really need to have a talk with your fellow LGBTEWSLWQWLQ members. According to them, anyone who opposes gay marriage is "anti-gay".



I am not out to convince anyone of anything, just stating my opinion.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:35:24 AM permalink
Quote: Twirdman

The person said he wouldn't be surprised to find many are gay that is exactly what he said and you quarrelled with. A post was brought up saying that homophobes are more likely to be gay. Then you said that can't be true because 45% of people are against gay marriage but not 45% of people are gay. Exact quote so you can't say I am lying about what you said

You're getting more sophisticated with your shifts these days. Before you went from Duck Dynasty.....TO gay marriage.....TO interracial marriage.....TO Brigham Young.....TO Mormon Doctrine.....TO Catholic Doctrine.....TO abortion.

Now you've subtlely mischaracterized pretty much every statement in the current exchange. FYI, oh shifty one, the OP talked about people at "Sunday morning prayer services", and bw said he wouldn't be surprised if many of them were gay (which is an absurd, ridiculous, laughable statement).

Again, nice attempt at another shift. ;)
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
March 22nd, 2014 at 8:37:02 AM permalink
Quote: bw

I am not out to convince anyone of anything, just stating my opinion.

Oh, so this was your OPINION about people at "Sunday morning prayer services":

"Why so many people say this so often? Because it is often true."


Good, thanks for clearing that up.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
  • Posts: 14267
Joined: May 21, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 12:30:24 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th (to bw)

Gee, awesome comeback.

Anyway, it looks like my post went right over your head since you didn't address anything I said.

(next post to bw) And what else did I say in that post, Einstein? Oh, that's right...you didn't read the rest of it!

(next post to bw) You really need to have a talk with your fellow LGBTEWSLWQWLQ members. According to them, anyone who opposes gay marriage is "anti-gay".




Quote: Beethoven9th(to Twirdman)



FYI, oh shifty one, the OP talked about people at "Sunday morning prayer services", and bw said he wouldn't be surprised if many of them were gay (which is an absurd, ridiculous, laughable statement).


Nice attempt at another shift. Go back and read the entire exchange. I didn't state any position and simply argued that someone else's statement was incorrect. But you people are intellectually dishonest and won't even admit that I didn't even use the words "predisposed" or "guaranteed"! Anyway, I can't wait to see your next attempt at a shift...lol



Beethoven9th is suspended for 3 days for insults and slurs to forum members. These examples from this thread, and many more in the LGBT shower thread.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FrankScoblete
FrankScoblete
  • Threads: 69
  • Posts: 436
Joined: Mar 27, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 12:46:46 PM permalink
Gee, all I did was place Reverend Phelps in his version of hell.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12271
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
March 22nd, 2014 at 12:48:05 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th (to bw)



You really need to have a talk with your fellow LGBTEWSLWQWLQ members



What is LGBTEWSLWQWLQ anyway?

Ye olde Google says:

Quote:


Did you mean:
LGBT WALSALL
LGBT NEWS
LGBT WILLS
LGBT WALES

No results containing all your search terms were found.

Your search - LGBTEWSLWQWLQ - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:
•Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
•Try different keywords.
•Try more general keywords.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28775
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
March 22nd, 2014 at 12:55:21 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs



Beethoven9th is suspended for 3 days for insults and slurs to forum members. These examples from this thread, and many more in the LGBT shower thread.



Can we have a couple examples of what he was
banned for? I looked at his posts and saw nothing.
What am I missing.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Pabo
Pabo
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 152
Joined: Apr 29, 2011
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:16:20 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Quote: Beethoven9th (to bw)

Gee, awesome comeback.

Anyway, it looks like my post went right over your head since you didn't address anything I said.

(next post to bw) And what else did I say in that post, Einstein? Oh, that's right...you didn't read the rest of it!

(next post to bw) You really need to have a talk with your fellow LGBTEWSLWQWLQ members. According to them, anyone who opposes gay marriage is "anti-gay".




Quote: Beethoven9th(to Twirdman)

Nice attempt at another shift. Go back and read the entire exchange. I didn't state any position and simply argued that someone else's statement was incorrect. But you people are intellectually dishonest and won't even admit that I didn't even use the words "predisposed" or "guaranteed"! Anyway, I can't wait to see your next attempt at a shift...lol



Beethoven9th is suspended for 3 days for insults and slurs to forum members. These examples from this thread, and many more in the LGBT shower thread.



Holy cow!! 3 day suspension for those comments? Seriously? This is suspension is wrong.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
  • Posts: 11413
Joined: Nov 11, 2009
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:25:57 PM permalink
Quote: Pabo

Holy cow!! 3 day suspension for those comments? Seriously? This is suspension is wrong.



Absolutely. Calling someone "not nice" nets you 7 days. This one should have been longer.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28775
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:29:44 PM permalink
Quote: Pabo

Holy cow!! 3 day suspension for those comments? Seriously? This is suspension is wrong.



Looks like he was suspended for being himself,
which is kind of unfair. B9 is always sarcastic,
it's his style. I'm sorry, Babs, this is censorship,
not moderation. A mod's job isn't to try and change
the posters writing style so it fits the mod's view
of the world, that's what censors do. A mod
enforces the rules and what rules did B9 break.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12271
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:39:37 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

A mod
enforces the rules and what rules did B9 break.



He could probably be suspended for calling Twirdman "shifty one" under the no insult rules.

He is referring to me as ex-swine is crazy in his sig. While my sig refers to facepalming no where did I refer to B9 or anyone else, or try to disguise his name.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:41:39 PM permalink
We need more rules!!! Please tell us what to think and say.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
teliot
teliot
  • Threads: 43
  • Posts: 2871
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:43:35 PM permalink
Quote: 1BB

We need more rules!!! Please tell us what to think and say.

Don't think of an elephant.
Climate Casino: https://climatecasino.net/climate-casino/
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 5339
Joined: Oct 10, 2011
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:54:48 PM permalink
Has anyone read it?
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
  • Posts: 14267
Joined: May 21, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:55:22 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

He could probably be suspended for calling Twirdman "shifty one" under the no insult rules.

He is referring to me as ex-swine is crazy in his sig. While my sig refers to facepalming no where did I refer to B9 or anyone else, or try to disguise his name.



Yeah, I forgot to highlight that one, which is what sent me back through the thread in the first place. Edited.

The first two quotes he's calling bw stupid, though he's clever about it.

The third bw quote he's mocking the LGBT community, and its members on this forum including possibly bw, by adding all the nonsense letters, making it derisive and meaningless.

The second Twirdman quote he's calling Twirdman and those like him ("you people") liars. The "shifty" label for Twirdman is also derogatory.

And please, EB, tell me you're not defending rudeness by saying it's ok because he's always rude. If it was ok, the rules would not have changed early this month.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28775
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
March 22nd, 2014 at 1:56:07 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

He could probably be suspended for calling Twirdman "shifty one" under the no insult rules.



So 'shifty one' is an insult? Not. This coming
from a guy who's whole sig line is devoted
to B9.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12271
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
March 22nd, 2014 at 2:10:22 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

So 'shifty one' is an insult? Not. This coming
from a guy who's whole sig line is devoted
to B9.



Well, maybe Wizard will come along and say referring to an action is enough of a case to ban me even without a name attached.

Nothing I can do about it.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28775
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
March 22nd, 2014 at 2:11:17 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

The first two quotes he's calling bw stupid, though he's clever about it.



So being clever is a bannable offense? You're
now scouring for nuance, when you can't find an
outright insult? C'mon...

Quote: beachbumbabs

And please, EB, tell me you're not defending rudeness by saying it's ok because he's always rude. If it was ok, the rules would not have changed early this month.



I'm starting to get the super secret rules. They're
all about censoring us till we post the way the
censor likes. If you're just being yourself, that
won't fly now. The forum is being run on the
guidelines of Miss Manner's, Judith Martin, the
modern self proclaimed etiquette czar. This doesn't
work when men are dealing with other men, it's
like using a sledge hammer when a wrench is
called for.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 213
  • Posts: 12271
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
March 22nd, 2014 at 2:14:30 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

This doesn't
work when men are dealing with other men, it's
like using a sledge hammer when a wrench is
called for.



Fact. Not all men on the board. Not all people will agree men or not. And you don't speak for everyone anyway.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 1067
Joined: Feb 10, 2013
March 22nd, 2014 at 2:17:07 PM permalink
Rule number one should be treat each other with respect.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
  • Posts: 28775
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
March 22nd, 2014 at 2:18:41 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Fact. Not all men on the board. Not all people will agree men or not. .



This place is 99% men discussing things
with other men. Fact. Men do not discuss
like women. Fact. Go into any busy barber
shop where the customers talk among
themselves and go into a beauty parlor.
The difference in the verbiage is night
and day.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
  • Jump to: