Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
March 19th, 2013 at 11:24:04 AM permalink
Happy New Year of the SNAKE.

This video of The SNAKE is 3 months old.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ff-Db6YoGjQ
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
NokTang
NokTang
  • Threads: 54
April 16th, 2014 at 7:29:01 AM permalink
I've been back in Nagaworld for the Khmer New Year. It's been crowded.

The staff is very friendly, food comps are easy to get. Room comps another story.

I noticed on the BJ tables it is a continuous shuffle machine, BJ pays 2 to 1, and the dealer stands on soft 17.

The Baccarat at the lower limits uses the "bank winner with a six pays 50%" which is always jammed packed, $40.usd min..

The $100.usd min Baccarat tables all use eight decks, shuffled in Japan and packaged, then cut by the dealer prior to insertion into the shoe. The shoe has a lid on it but doesn't meddle with the cards. People do handle the cards even on the smaller tables.

All the roulette is single zero with all losers on a "0" drop/point. All other payouts seem normal. $25.usd outside and $5.usd inside min on normal tables. They have plenty of other machine as well as those surrounded by electronic playing boards with a live dealer.

Sic Bo, Some sort of Texas Hold Em (vs. the dealer) and a few other Chinese games I've never heard of.

The casual food is good and there are "free" water and juice dispensers all over the place.

Slots everywhere, electronic.

When you are winning or playing black(actually, $100.usd is a gold chip) you quickly become surrounded by hookers and other lookers on. Not really comfortable but for every one of them there are two security guards. I asked one dealer about the wages and she said "$300.usd" a month for a dealer. Tips only about $20.usd a month, yes...shared, and a month. There are a lot of people working there.

I've still not stayed there, preferring to stay at an old favorite haunt. However, the rooms must be nice.

I've won some and lost some and overall am about $500.usd down after three sessions. Roulette is killing me because I don't follow my own rule of following streaks. If someone were disciplined, he/she could make a fortune. Red/Black/Odd/Even/High/Low all seem to come in streaks of five or six if you wait for them and jump on same. Sic Bo like this as well but not as clear cut as roulette seems to be.

A lot of smokers but the air seems clean enough. don't notice it unless right next to you.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 140
April 17th, 2014 at 1:22:30 PM permalink
BJ is 2/1, is that correct or do you mean even money?
NokTang
NokTang
April 17th, 2014 at 7:12:28 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

BJ is 2/1, is that correct or do you mean even money?

i meant two to one but will check again. It is easy money here playing roulette and sicbo.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 39
April 17th, 2014 at 7:17:27 PM permalink
It's 3 to 2.Maybe you are confusing it with insurance. My friend was there last week.They have Texas holdem bonus and Ultimate Texas holdem.
The mountain is tall but the grass grows on top of the mountain.
NokTang
NokTang
April 17th, 2014 at 9:14:25 PM permalink
Quote: Hunterhill

It's 3 to 2.Maybe you are confusing it with insurance. My friend was there last week.They have Texas holdem bonus and Ultimate Texas holdem.

Maybe I am just confusing it. Not intentional, I don't play BJ at all so just passing by and noticed. I only noticed really because of all the talk on here about 6/5 in Vegas and AC in the U.S.A..

Regarding Texas Holdem, the tournaments have been canceled due to lack of players. When I was here last year there were events on the weekends. No mas.

Regarding rating play, they seem liberal on it and as I say, a buffet comp is almost automatic. You get a players card and it shows your photo as your play is being rated. I only know this because I asked and the pit boss showed me how it worked in that aspect, swiping my card at an empty table. They are very strict about people entering the pit. Security will pounce on you. I was only trying to make sure my tip made it to the tip box as another player had offered to give it to the dealer off duty "give it to me, I'll give it to her" as well as mentioned, the hookers are stalking around $100.usd players such as myself. The unfortunate thing is most if not all? of the hookers were not lookers but what seemed like unemployed middle aged women just hoping for a hand out. The hooker scene in Phnom Penh has certainly take a turn for the worse(or better if you are disgusted by it) over the last few years. I think all the Vietnam women just stay in Vietnam these days. The Cambodian hooker is often in a very unfortunate situation of poverty and it shows head down to toe.
NokTang
NokTang
April 18th, 2014 at 8:30:18 AM permalink

Yes, I was reading the insurance, which is 2 to 1, and a BlackJack pays 1.5 to 1..

All wagering is in U.S.Dollars here. They are well stocked on the new $100.usd bills, I had not seen them before. They look much more secure than the prior bills especially when laid side by side. One wonders why we never went to a colored bill before.

Was back at it tonight, just back to my hotel it being apx. 10pm..

Went on a run in roulette again. First, there were 9, count them....NINE odd numbers in a row when I approached the table so I began betting even at $100.usd a pop. Got destroyed or shall we just say another two odd before the even finally came. After that, choppy so studied the red/black results and started my system, chicken shit as it is...

Follow the ball.....if red comes up, bet red one unit, red again two units, red again three units (these are $100.usd units mind you, not chicken feed!). Same with black, follow the bouncing ball. I bought in(you have to buy in at the cage BTW, no cash transactions at the table) for $1000.usd and was down apx. $500.usd. Then black came, and came and came....seven black numbers in a row. I "insure" with a $200.usd wager placing $5.usd on the single zero, and $10.usd when I'm pressed up to $300.usd.. Call me stupid, call me an idiot, and I accept I should go up more, but $300.usd is enough to get my attention, being a poorly funded soul. So, bottom line, on that run up on black numbers I cashed out at a cool $2200.usd, winning of course $1200.usd. Not real money to most of you I know but it makes for a find end of the day for me.

I wanted to tip the dealers $25.usd. Nobody seems to tip dealers over here. It's a bit odd. Finally, after two ladies aka leaches offered to give the money directly to the dealer, I found a way to drop it in the box myself, breaking again the "do not enter" the pit rule. But I'm alive and well, back as I say with my money and a nice safe in the room.

From there went to the comp desk and got a nice buffet comp for lunch tomorrow.

Questions:

Is, in single zero roulette, this wager on the zero when you are pressed up to $200-$300.usd a stupid bet or as I feel, just a little comfort?

In Sic Bo, a Chinese game with three dice shaken, if the dice are cocked, the dealer hits the table causing the cocked die to roll over and the result change, should you make a real issue of it? When I did, mostly because the female dealer couldn't get the die to settle and a male pit boss came over and slammed the table, they were polite but refused to let surveillance look at it saying up to the shift manager and he said "our rule is hit the table". Stacked die voids the game, but I'm referring to a basically balanced cocked die which was not allowed to settle as would be the case in a craps ruling "like melting ice"under it. I wasn't angry, just seeking attention I guess because they listened but did nothing. I asked for gaming control and was directed to the middle of the river where I suspect chum of the worse kind exist.

Onward we go. It's a tough living but someone's got to do it.
Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 39
April 18th, 2014 at 10:09:03 AM permalink
Nok are you saying that you're a professional Ap.If that is your system to bet streaks in roulette , that is not a winning system.
The mountain is tall but the grass grows on top of the mountain.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
April 18th, 2014 at 10:13:14 AM permalink

Nok are you saying that you're a professional Ap.If that is your system to bet streaks in roulette , that is not a winning system.

No, no, no.... he bets AGAINST the streaks...
NokTang
NokTang
April 18th, 2014 at 7:05:50 PM permalink

Nok are youpaying that you're a professional Ap.If that is your system to bet streaks in roulette , that is not a winning system.

I am not amything but a recovering gambling addict. I am following the streaks after i sit down. When i approach the table is the only time i go against them.

• Jump to: