toastcmu
toastcmu
  • Threads: 17
January 18th, 2011 at 5:35:59 PM permalink
For the Let it Ride fans out there, when I was at Dover Downs this weekend, I played a few hands of let it ride with the 3 card bonus. They offer the same pay table as the Borgata (50/40/30/6/4/1) which is a decent bet at 2.14% house edge. No real good hands came my way in an hour, so I cut my losses at $80 overall on a $5 table. The woman next to me hit the 3-of-a-kind bonus, but the dealer mis-paid her as a 2:1 on the bonus bet and took the cards. Lucky for her, they were not placed back in the shufflemaster machine, and the floor was able to back out the discards and pay her the proper 30:1 without calling the eye in the sky.

-B
OneAngryDwarf
OneAngryDwarf
  • Threads: 44
March 1st, 2011 at 9:42:13 AM permalink
Harrington Raceway, also in DE, actually has the same paytable on its 3-Card Poker tables, minus the 50:1. I made a side trip down there after hitting AC a few weeks ago. I was very surprised to see it--thought it was pretty much extinct--but it definitely is there. So it may be worth a trip if you're a 3CP fan, might make up for the bad aspects of the place (difficult to get to, terrible parking valet, white-trash clientele). To be fair, another plus is that they give you a comp buffet just for signing up for a players card.
"I believe I've passed the age/of consciousness and righteous rage/I've found that just surviving was a noble fight... I once believed in causes too/I had my pointless point of view/And life went on no matter who was wrong or right..." --Billy Joel
  • Jump to: