Thread Rating:

silversonic2006
silversonic2006
Joined: May 12, 2010
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 195
February 26th, 2013 at 1:30:56 PM permalink
Per the MD Live! website, the games will start at 12:01 AM on Thursday, April 11. Per news reports, sounds like MD Live will have over 100 tables up at the start, and they plan to issue $10,000 chips (for the chip fanatics, per MD regulations, they will be oversized and silver in color. MD is going the Vegas route and using brown for $5000 chips).

Per other reports, Hollywood Casino Perryville will be debuting its table games within the next 2 weeks.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit 
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 288
  • Posts: 8018
February 26th, 2013 at 1:44:04 PM permalink
Pretty astonishing considering the slow start Maryland got compared to West Virginia [at whose feet the cause for the change can be laid]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
silversonic2006
silversonic2006
Joined: May 12, 2010
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 195
February 26th, 2013 at 2:07:28 PM permalink
I'm actually not that surprised. MD got to watch the pains DE, PA, and WV went through with adding tables, so they had a better idea of what to expect.
ahiromu
ahiromu
Joined: Jan 15, 2010
  • Threads: 112
  • Posts: 2101
February 26th, 2013 at 2:11:25 PM permalink
Thank you for sharing, greatly appreciated. What do you guys think, $25 min, minimum?
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
silversonic2006
silversonic2006
Joined: May 12, 2010
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 195
February 26th, 2013 at 3:04:55 PM permalink
If Charles Town was a good representation, I'd guess $25+ at nights and weekends, and $15+ the rest of the time. Maybe we'll see $10 craps during off peak hours. But that's after the novelty wears off. I'd guess $25+ at all times until then, and that's in line with Parx in Philly, as well, which I view as a casino similar to MD Live, and has a nifty table min feature on their website that I hope MD Live gets too.

As for Hollywood Perryville, I'll be interested to see where their mins end up. On one hand, people have clearly shown they are willing to pass there to go to DE Park, so if people have loyalty to DE Park and the table mins aren't cheaper, they won't start going to Hollywood. On the other hand, it's all about demand, and with only 12 non-poker tables, they might be able to pack them in enough to maintain $15+ mins at blackjack. I see Hollywood Perryville more as a "pit stop" casino than a destination casino, but that's my 2 cents.

Being the nerd I am, I tried to see what the MD rules on Blackjack are, and I could be wrong, but it appears they went the DE/PA route and all blackjack is 3:2, S17. Good rules, but that'll keep the minimums higher. It also appears craps odds are capped at 10X, which is more than most casinos allow, except for the Horseshoe chain, which is known for odds up to 100X.

I was at MD Live recently, and they must have just started moving stuff around to make way for tables. I don't see how they can possibly fit 150 of them in the space they've currently cleared out.
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 489
  • Posts: 2750
February 26th, 2013 at 3:28:06 PM permalink
Quote: silversonic2006

Per the MD Live! website, the games will start at 12:01 AM on Thursday, April 11. Per news reports, sounds like MD Live will have over 100 tables up at the start, and they plan to issue $10,000 chips (for the chip fanatics, per MD regulations, they will be oversized and silver in color. MD is going the Vegas route and using brown for $5000 chips).

Per other reports, Hollywood Casino Perryville will be debuting its table games within the next 2 weeks.



talked to someone that worked there about a poker room.
thats not in the cards till fall. <pun intended>

they are building a small addition to the casino for the poker room
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
100xOdds
100xOdds
Joined: Feb 5, 2012
  • Threads: 489
  • Posts: 2750
February 26th, 2013 at 3:30:17 PM permalink
Quote: silversonic2006

If Charles Town was a good representation, I'd guess $25+ at nights and weekends, and $15+ the rest of the time. Maybe we'll see $10 craps during off peak hours. But that's after the novelty wears off. I'd guess $25+ at all times until then, and that's in line with Parx in Philly, as well, which I view as a casino similar to MD Live, and has a nifty table min feature on their website that I hope MD Live gets too.

As for Hollywood Perryville, I'll be interested to see where their mins end up. On one hand, people have clearly shown they are willing to pass there to go to DE Park, so if people have loyalty to DE Park and the table mins aren't cheaper, they won't start going to Hollywood. On the other hand, it's all about demand, and with only 12 non-poker tables, they might be able to pack them in enough to maintain $15+ mins at blackjack. I see Hollywood Perryville more as a "pit stop" casino than a destination casino, but that's my 2 cents.

Being the nerd I am, I tried to see what the MD rules on Blackjack are, and I could be wrong, but it appears they went the DE/PA route and all blackjack is 3:2, S17. Good rules, but that'll keep the minimums higher. It also appears craps odds are capped at 10X, which is more than most casinos allow, except for the Horseshoe chain, which is known for odds up to 100X.

I was at MD Live recently, and they must have just started moving stuff around to make way for tables. I don't see how they can possibly fit 150 of them in the space they've currently cleared out.



hm.. e-Craps 3/4/5x odds and no pressure to tip the Dealers if u win vs 10x odds but w/tipping

also, Md Live asks for ID (drivers license or players card) if u cash in a slot/e-table ticket of $2400 or more (even if you put in $2000 in the machine to start).

i think i'll still stick w/e-Craps
Craps is paradise (Pair of dice). Lets hear it for the SpeedCount Mathletes :)
silversonic2006
silversonic2006
Joined: May 12, 2010
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 195
February 26th, 2013 at 3:44:12 PM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

hm.. e-Craps 3/4/5x odds and no pressure to tip the Dealers if u win vs 10x odds but w/tipping



That's just the *max* that MD regulations will allow. They could go lower (5X, 3-4-5X, etc). I doubt they'll go the Charles Town route of 2X.

Also, glancing over the rules, MD clearly allows for Macau-style midi-baccarat. I'd imagine MD Live will follow Parx's lead and load up on those tables given the popularity of the game and the fact they can command much higher minimums (I've never seen under $25, and $50+ is more common).

Who knows, maybe they'll even throw in one Big Baccarat table in the high limit room just to show they mean business, given the rarity of those tables nowadays. The Horseshoe Hammond and Mohegan Sun have one allegedly, and at least a few of the AC properties (Bally's, Caesars, and Borgata come to mind) and the high-end Vegas properties (Caesars, Bellagio, Wynn) still have them.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 5897
February 26th, 2013 at 4:48:22 PM permalink
Quote: silversonic2006


Being the nerd I am, I tried to see what the MD rules on Blackjack are, and I could be wrong, but it appears they went the DE/PA route and all blackjack is 3:2, S17. Good rules, but that'll keep the minimums higher. It also appears craps odds are capped at 10X, which is more than most casinos allow, except for the Horseshoe chain, which is known for odds up to 100X.



They aren't taxing table games at 67%, yes 67%, like Maryland is for slot machines, right? If so, I don't see how they can run blackjack without a $50 minimum with these approved rules.
Doc
Doc
Joined: Feb 27, 2010
  • Threads: 45
  • Posts: 6797
February 26th, 2013 at 5:32:25 PM permalink
Quote: silversonic2006

... and they plan to issue $10,000 chips ....


Do not expect to see me posting one in the Casino Chip of the Day thread.

;-)

  • Jump to: