December 31st, 2011 at 9:35:55 PM permalink
Just Barry Goldwater 2.0?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
January 1st, 2012 at 5:58:12 AM permalink
Quote: vert1276

No, Paul is a kind of view to his own. Similar to Dennis Kusenich (sp?) but Paul is with the GOP. While some of Paul's views deserve a hard look (ie: what is really Constitutional) he wants virtually no national defense and thinks we can run an economy with no central bank. While I agree the Fed has done a horrible job at currency stability what with the dollar losing 99% if value since Fed formation, you do need a central bank.

I knew nothing about RP but he lost my vote the first 30 seconds I saw of him at a debate when he said our own policies were to blame for 9-11. Again, hardly something a conservative would say.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
January 1st, 2012 at 9:11:32 AM permalink
Quote: vert1276

Barry Goldwater is way too liberal for today's Republican party.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
January 1st, 2012 at 9:15:28 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I knew nothing about RP but he lost my vote the first 30 seconds I saw of him at a debate when he said our own policies were to blame for 9-11. Again, hardly something a conservative would say.

He's neither Republican nor Democrat.

As for 9/11: who can doubt that our country's foreign policy pissed off / provoked Osama and his crew?

American culture is the antithesis of a fundamentalist Muslim worldview.
"What, me worry?"
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
January 1st, 2012 at 9:15:40 AM permalink

While some of Paul's views deserve a hard look (ie: what is really Constitutional) he wants virtually no national defense and thinks we can run an economy with no central bank.

It's difficult not to find something that RP says that you think makes sense. But the overall package seems so far out in space that he seems to be in it to keep the race interesting.
Mosca
Mosca
  • Threads: 191
January 1st, 2012 at 9:16:04 AM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

This. So, for that matter, were Reagan and Nixon. Nixon would have thrown his hands up in disgust.

(IMO Nixon had the potential to be the greatest president of all, but his personal demons undermined him.)
A falling knife has no handle.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 1st, 2012 at 11:45:59 AM permalink

And JFK was way too conservative for today's Democrat party. What is your point?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 1st, 2012 at 11:48:54 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

As for 9/11: who can doubt that our country's foreign policy pissed off / provoked Osama and his crew?

American culture is the antithesis of a fundamentalist Muslim worldview.

That doesn't mean you care that it did. Israeli foreign policy upsets Iran. USSR foreign policy upset the USA. India upsets Pakistan. Pakistan upsets India.

But the common thread is that the leaders of all of the countries that upset another do not get up and blame themselves and their country.
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
January 1st, 2012 at 12:05:26 PM permalink

And JFK was way too conservative for today's Democrat party. What is your point?

Just write in Joe Arpaio.
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
January 1st, 2012 at 12:10:22 PM permalink

My point is that Ron Paul can't be Goldwater 2.0 because Barry Goldwater is a flaming liberal by comparison. To address your concerns about JFK being too conservative for the DemocRAT party, I disagree. I would be more than happy to go back to the "too conservative" tax rates under the JFK administration.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
January 1st, 2012 at 12:44:00 PM permalink

My point is that Ron Paul can't be Goldwater 2.0 because Barry Goldwater is a flaming liberal by comparison. To address your concerns about JFK being too conservative for the DemocRAT party, I disagree. I would be more than happy to go back to the "too conservative" tax rates under the JFK administration.

If you want to pay more, by all means send the Treasury a check. Nothing is stopping you.

I have yet to see even one person who calls for higher taxes sending more money via "Gift to the Treasury."

However, if JFK's policies were implemented today Obama and other dems would say he gave "tax cuts to the rich."
vert1276
vert1276
  • Threads: 70
January 1st, 2012 at 12:51:57 PM permalink

LOL@ you for calling Goldwater a "flaming liberal" by comparison. And The JFK administration had lower EFFECTIVE tax rates than we do now. and inflation adjusted the federal goverment collect 6 times less in taxes that the federal goverment does today. Marginal rates mean nothing. If the marginal rate is 90% but everything is a tax deduction and tax credit is the rate really 90%? marginal rates are what the goverment uses to trick the sheepeole who dont understand tax code
WizardofEngland
WizardofEngland
  • Threads: 61
January 1st, 2012 at 12:57:53 PM permalink
I heard he likes to get friendly in hotel rooms with Austrian guys called Bruno
http://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/10042-woes-black-sheep-game-ii/#post151727
  • Jump to: