FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 22nd, 2011 at 3:45:17 PM permalink
Honest -- How long would it take you to discover this? In what ways would it be revealed? Change at the liquor store?
Responsible -- Same thing. This is so vague that I have trouble seeing how irresponsibility would be revealed unless he showed up late for your first date or couldn't find his valet parking card.
Positive -- Do you mean assertive and sticking to some decision or do you mean not wishy-washy and not morose.
Very Affectionate -- All men are affectionate with a Hot Blonde. Its usually a question of do they mean it or not.
Emotionally Stable -- Prior divorces or prior job changes would be indicative of instability??
Makes a Financially Healthy Living-- Now that is one that can be determined promptly: clothes, car or car key, locations chosen, etc.
Intelligent -- If he is interested in you of course he is intelligent.
Not obese -- Just about the only trait you've listed that is quickly determined.

I'm struck by not just the vagueness of these traits but by their shallowness.
Look at what is NOT on your list.
Similar interests. (Team sports or individual exercise, what area of the bookstore should he be most interested in, lectures or lap dances, prestigious car or 15 year old sturdy Saab, employee or owner).
Similar values towards money. (If a 'windfall' arrived, would he blow it on a trip to Vegas, invest in a long term bond, buy a carpet, take a course, etc.).
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
July 22nd, 2011 at 3:55:38 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

That's funny and I love oysters too. In a similar fashion I hate it when men tell me they won't eat sushi but they've never tried it. This could be another deal breaker for me and although someone might think that it's insignificant it says something about them. How can you knock something unless you've tried it?

Not liking something, or not wanting to try something, isn't the same thing as "knocking it." I take knocking it to mean something like to demean, belittle or bad-mouth something or someone.

I've never tried sushi and don't ever intend to. I have a good reason, though: the mere smell of fish and seafood, cooked, raw or spoiled, makes me nauseated. I have tried cooked fish and seafood, with very unpleasant results.

But there are a number of other thigns I won't ever try because their appearance is gross, or unappetizing, or because I dislike the texture. For me a deal breaker would include a man who insists I try something after I've made it clear I don't want to.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
July 22nd, 2011 at 3:59:14 PM permalink

Haha, the 2 I left out on the list are "adult" in nature and I didn't feel comfortable sharing them openly.

Lemme guess...... 1. size does matter, and 2. must be frequent & enthusiastic oral sex reciprocator.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
July 22nd, 2011 at 4:15:25 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Honest -- How long would it take you to discover this? In what ways would it be revealed? Change at the liquor store?
Responsible -- Same thing. This is so vague that I have trouble seeing how irresponsibility would be revealed unless he showed up late for your first date or couldn't find his valet parking card.
Positive -- Do you mean assertive and sticking to some decision or do you mean not wishy-washy and not morose.
Very Affectionate -- All men are affectionate with a Hot Blonde. Its usually a question of do they mean it or not.
Emotionally Stable -- Prior divorces or prior job changes would be indicative of instability??
Makes a Financially Healthy Living-- Now that is one that can be determined promptly: clothes, car or car key, locations chosen, etc.
Intelligent -- If he is interested in you of course he is intelligent.
Not obese -- Just about the only trait you've listed that is quickly determined.

I'm struck by not just the vagueness of these traits but by their shallowness.
Look at what is NOT on your list.
Similar interests. (Team sports or individual exercise, what area of the bookstore should he be most interested in, lectures or lap dances, prestigious car or 15 year old sturdy Saab, employee or owner).
Similar values towards money. (If a 'windfall' arrived, would he blow it on a trip to Vegas, invest in a long term bond, buy a carpet, take a course, etc.).

I'm kinda confused how you think I'm being vague and shallow. And you get to find out these things by dating them. Patti says it should take up to 90 days to determine whether you want to be in a relationship with someone, so that should be a decent amount of time to get a good idea. And Patti says you should have at least 2 similar interests with the other person. So obviously I'd prefer someone who likes Vegas and would enjoy gambling with me but it's not a complete deal-breaker. I think there are more important things than that.

If he's someone who takes responsibility for his life and doesn't make excuses then that's responsible. And by positive I mean having a positive outlook on life. I don't know why this is hard to understand.
Quote: zippyboy

Lemme guess...... 1. size does matter, and 2. must be frequent & enthusiastic oral sex reciprocator.

Hahaha, wow! I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this one... I'm not telling! :D
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
matilda
matilda
  • Threads: 3
July 22nd, 2011 at 6:33:33 PM permalink

Hahaha, wow! I'm going to keep my mouth shut on this one... I'm not telling!

Perhaps upon reflection you might consider rephrasing your remark.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1367
July 22nd, 2011 at 8:43:38 PM permalink
My only dealer breaker is tobacco smoking.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
July 22nd, 2011 at 9:02:23 PM permalink
Resort Fees, that's my deal breaker! :)
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
July 22nd, 2011 at 9:22:04 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Yeah, that, and if she has an Adam's Apple.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
July 22nd, 2011 at 11:23:32 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

I smoke cigars on occasion, does that count?
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 427
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
July 22nd, 2011 at 11:47:55 PM permalink
Easy. A break in the trust. If I don't trust who I'm with, on everything, I'm gone.

I read a book about relationships at least 25 years ago that had and interesting preface. It said that every relationship has trust as its foundation. It said if you don't trust the person you're with, in everything, money, cheating, lying, if you don't trust them completely, you don't have a real relationship, you're kidding yourself. It said if you don't trust the person, put the book down and walk away and come back when you find a real relationship, one where growth is possible.

I trust my wife absolutely. If I didn't, whats the point.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal

• Jump to: