zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
July 23rd, 2011 at 12:22:14 AM permalink
I think it's interesting if you try to set two people up on a blind date, the man will always ask "What does she look like?" and the woman will ask "What does he do?". Thousands of years of evolution and we're all still hard-wired like we're in the stone age. Woman still looks for the best provider she can get and dolls herself up with make-up and implants to land the richest man she can, while the man furthers himself in his career to get the hottest babe he can, and keeps trading up as his salary increases.

Deal-breakers for men: she's homely, fat or said "no" on the second date.
Deal-breakers for women: he's poor, I can't trust him, no sense of humor.

Women say: He may be fat, bald and 78 years old, but he's a billionaire, so I'll take him. (eg: all Hefner's GFs and wives, Murdock's hot Asian wife Wendi, Anna Nicole Smith, etc.)

Men say: I'm a rich mofo and I want HER. (Trump, Murdock, that Lost actor who married the 16 year old last month, etc)

It's natural, predictable and nothing to be ashamed of. Male teachers probably screw their students all the time, but it's the Mary Kay Letourneaus of the world that make the news because it goes against type.
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 306
July 23rd, 2011 at 9:39:31 AM permalink
two thoughts:

*a man has millions of sperm. A woman has a few eggs. This demands a different strategy for each through the eons. Note that even if you do not plan to have children that you instinctively are guided by this anyway.

*regarding judging a man's wealth by his display of wealth, I'll relate only the last story I heard: a co-worker's sister ran into a man with a nice sportscar, house, and a purported six figure income. She got pregnant, but he doesn't marry her. As she sues for child support she finds he is in hock to his eyeballs and made about 40K per year when he is working. He doesnt always have work. Naturally my co-worker and I have been marveling at how women can be duped by these people.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1365
July 23rd, 2011 at 9:19:47 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

I smoke cigars on occasion, does that count?

Ooo -- disgusting. However, if it is just once in a while it isn't a deal breaker, but would be strike one.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 313
July 23rd, 2011 at 9:26:04 PM permalink
Sorry, Hotblond, but I cannot accept your premise that there are five qualities which are truly nonnegotiable.

EVERYTHING is negotiable.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 427
July 23rd, 2011 at 10:08:48 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

My Non-Negotiables and Must-Haves
Honest
Responsible
Positive
Very Affectionate

Emotionally Stable
Makes a Financially Healthy Living
Intelligent
Not obese

Hell, throw in good looking and I want this guy, and I'm not Gay.
He doesn't exist, its a fantasy. I know men that have 2 or 3 or maybe
4, but not all of them. Not even close.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
July 24th, 2011 at 11:50:17 AM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

I think it's interesting if you try to set two people up on a blind date, the man will always ask "What does she look like?" and the woman will ask "What does he do?". Thousands of years of evolution and we're all still hard-wired like we're in the stone age. Woman still looks for the best provider she can get and dolls herself up with make-up and implants to land the richest man she can, while the man furthers himself in his career to get the hottest babe he can, and keeps trading up as his salary increases.

Not too surprising, as a few thousand years isn't long enough to evolve away us being upright, naked apes walking around looking for berries and meat.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 306
July 24th, 2011 at 12:21:43 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

naked apes walking around looking for berries and meat.

judging by this thread, evidently there is some residual instinctive urge to do something else while naked too [g]
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 24th, 2011 at 1:50:22 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

ran into a man with a nice sports car, house, and a purported six figure income. She got pregnant, but he doesn't marry her. As she sues for child support she finds he is in hock to his eyeballs and made about 40K per year when he is working. He doesn't always have work. Naturally my co-worker and I have been marveling at how women can be duped by these people.

Men are often duped too, but its so much easier for a woman to dupe a man. Women tend to be trusting and to base decisions on such items as: clothes, car, manicured nails, etc.

Perhaps we should all advise Hot Blonde to be certain to hire a private detective. I know one girl who was a minor when she married. She retained a CPA and a private detective first though.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 110
July 25th, 2011 at 2:26:23 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

He doesn't exist, its a fantasy. I know men that have 2 or 3 or maybe
4, but not all of them. Not even close.

I'll remember not to have you set me up with any of your friends.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
July 25th, 2011 at 2:59:16 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

He doesn't exist, its a fantasy.

Or as one comedy writer on a soap opera put it " Men like that are everywhere, you can spot them by their wedding rings".

I'd say to Hot Blonde: Never settle.

(Of course the contrary advice would be that cartoon featuring a spider-web bedecked skeleton sitting on a park bench and the caption "Waiting for the perfect man".)

• Jump to: