11 votes (32.35%)
21 votes (61.76%)
2 votes (5.88%)

34 members have voted

thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 1st, 2011 at 3:16:23 PM permalink
Nah, just their birth certificates. Or hair pieces.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 117
June 1st, 2011 at 3:38:29 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

I've heard a lot of mention of Trump's, er, uh, cranial capillary assitance device :P

Nareed, my dear, you literally just made me laugh out loud... And I'm in a public place! I should quote you on that, lol. :)
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 1st, 2011 at 3:41:54 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

Nareed, my dear, you literally just made me laugh out loud... And I'm in a public place! I should quote you on that, lol. :)

<takes a bow>

Sure, go ahead and use it. Euphemistic English is a joke all by itself ;)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
June 1st, 2011 at 3:53:44 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Sammy was in show business when he was 3 years old and as a result, was around a lot of whites all the time and saw all the discrimination every day. He had a tough time in the army dealing with whites. He was so talented, he got sick of having to deal with his color all the time, it frustrated him.

Frank Sinatra was the best popular singer of the 20th century. He was also a gold plated jerk, but a fascinating one. He was short and uneducated and had a huge chip on his shoulder. He wore lifts, self educated himself, and reached incredible heights. He mistreated everybody, especially his friends. He would be very loyal until he got sick of you, then you'd never hear from him again. The only one he didn't eventually crap on was Deano. He idolized Dean, who was actually 3 years younger than him. Dean might be the coolest guy who ever lived. He was a dyed in the wool sociopath and had no real friends. He was quiet, and basically did whatever he wanted. The mob tried to own him and he told told them to F off. His wives never got close, he never let any of them in. Because he wouldn't tolerate any of Sinatra's bullshit, Frank adored him. Dean simply didn't care about anything but golf. He used people, but was so friendly and cool about it, nobody minded. That cool guy you saw on his TV show was really him, and he was really that cool. The only way he would do that show is if he never had to come in for rehearsals, and could shoot it all on Sunday, again with no rehearsals. People loved it and it was a huge hit. Because Dean was, well, cool...

Wasn't Sammy's dad big in show biz?

Sounds like Frank liked him because he was not an @$$ kisser, which Frank likely had to deal with all the time.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 1st, 2011 at 3:53:49 PM permalink

My dear, lack of discipline is not always at the root of most people's weight problems. I've found out from my own experience it doesn't always have to do with discipline. Our current culture deems over-indulging as bad. That doesn't mean that it is.

If someone WANTs to lose weight, and doesn't, then lack of discipline is the cause. It is quite simple. You burn a certain number of calories per day depending on your metabolism and what additional activities (exercise) you choose to do. You take in a certain number of calories depending on how much and what you eat. I am NOT saying it is easy to alter those two factors, but with rare medical exceptions, they are the only factors. HB, I can guarantee you that if you stuck to a low calorie diet, without cheating, and increased your exercise by 30 minutes a day, you would lose weight. My son David, who just participated in the Wiz challenge, went away to college basically as a fat kid. Something clicked, he started exercising, and eating better. He is now in excellent shape. His mother was nearly 190lbs at the end of her 2nd pregnancy (She's 5 foot) , and the weight gain wasn't all 'water weight', and she decided to get in shape. She started doing aerobics every day, then added yoga, and started eating a very low calorie low fat diet, loaded with raw vegetables. She now is 100 lbs of pure muscle. No magic. No secrets. Both just had the discipline to set a goal and achieved that goal. I can't say the same for myself. But I will not blame anyone or any factor other than myself. I have made the decision that the chicken wings are not worth giving up. (That's a Buffalo reference).
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
June 1st, 2011 at 4:04:56 PM permalink
Quote: Wavy70

The real funny part is have you ever heard anyone mention the weight of male millionaires.

Think I've heard a few regarding Steve Jobs's weight over the last few years.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 1st, 2011 at 4:40:07 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Wasn't Sammy's dad big in show biz?

Sounds like Frank liked him because he was not an @$$ kisser, which Frank likely had to deal with all the time.

Nope, Frank loved ass kissers and Sammy was by far the biggest one. He idolized Frank and would fall on the floor laughing at the smallest jokes Frank made. Frank fancied himself progressive, and Sammy was his token black buddy. If he behaved himself. You didn't want to piss Frank off, he would never forgive you. The only one who didn't smack up to Frank was Dean, and because Frank knew Dean was so talented he didn't need Frank, he let him get away with it. Yes, Sammy was in Vaudeville with his dad and uncle.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
June 1st, 2011 at 4:45:09 PM permalink

Nope, Frank loved ass kissers and Sammy was by far the biggest one. He idolized Frank and would fall on the floor laughing at the smallest jokes Frank made. Frank fancied himself progressive, and Sammy was his token black buddy. If he behaved himself. You didn't want to piss Frank off, he would never forgive you. The only one who didn't smack up to Frank was Dean, and because Frank knew Dean was so talented he didn't need Frank, he let him get away with it. Yes, Sammy was in Vaudeville with his dad and uncle.

Sorry, I meant Dean was not an @$$ kisser. Long day at work.......
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 1st, 2011 at 5:00:11 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Sorry, I meant Dean was not an @$$ kisser. Long day at work.......

Right. Dean kissed no butt at all, not Frank or the Mob or TV networks. He always got his way because he truly didn't care. People who knew him were always in awe of him for that, even Jerry Lewis. Dean didn't care if you liked him or didn't like him, he really didn't care. So it made people try harder, even Frank.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 1st, 2011 at 5:59:24 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

If someone WANTs to lose weight, and doesn't, then lack of discipline is the cause. It is quite simple...

I can't say the same for myself. But I will not blame anyone or any factor other than myself. I have made the decision that the chicken wings are not worth giving up. (That's a Buffalo reference).

Well, you are wrong. It's not always a discipline issue, and that is a very male response. I have no idea why you told the Wizard thr I should talk to you regarding weight loss when you yourself just admitted that you have no control or "discipline" as you call it over you buffalo wings. Don't even try to offer advice.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 1st, 2011 at 6:36:21 PM permalink
Quote: RussHaley

As I stated earlier, landwhale detected and posted pic confirmed. SOOPOO's post is full of win... you'd do well to follow.

Are you calling me a landwhale?
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
June 1st, 2011 at 7:36:07 PM permalink

Are you calling me a landwhale?

People keep quoting this RussHaley and I don't see the original post. Calling youHotBlonde would be highly insulting and ridiculous.

Returning to the original theme, was Oprah the 2nd female talk show host? I can only think of Joan Rivers before her, and her career was very difficult at first (when she tried to graduate from guest host).
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1493
June 1st, 2011 at 8:00:50 PM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

People keep quoting this RussHaley and I don't see the original post.

He must have deleted it. Somebody pressed charges about it, but he deleted the post before I could examine it. However, HB quoted some of it. It looks insulting to me, and worthy of suspension, but I'll give Russ a chance to explain what he meant, apologize, or accept the punishment.
"For with much wisdom comes much sorrow." -- Ecclesiastes 1:18 (NIV)
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 1st, 2011 at 8:14:27 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

or accept the punishment.

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
June 1st, 2011 at 8:17:14 PM permalink

Returning to the original theme, was Oprah the 2nd female talk show host? I can only think of Joan Rivers before her, and her career was very difficult at first (when she tried to graduate from guest host).

I know there was Sally Jesse Raphael and Jenny Jones. Don't know where they fell into the mix, though.

He must have deleted it. Somebody pressed charges about it, but he deleted the post before I could examine it. However, HB quoted some of it. It looks insulting to me, and worthy of suspension, but I'll give Russ a chance to explain what he meant, apologize, or accept the punishment.

I don't know if his ORIGINAL post from days ago in this thread was deleted too, but as you can see from what he wrote, he did mention the same comment again (and before) in this same thread. Don't know if anyone captured it in a quote or not, probably not.

And since you're admin, Wizard, and your options may show up differently on your page, but from our point of view, there is a selection at the bottom right of each post on a thread (that's not on our OWN posts, but on others') that says "flag post". I could be wrong, but I'm assuming that rather than the Russ guy flagging his own post, someone, of mighty honor, flagged his post(s), (or maybe it was multiple people) - to which I feel pleasantly supported by my fellow community members. :)
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
June 1st, 2011 at 8:29:11 PM permalink

And since you're admin, Wizard, and your options may show up differently on your page, but from our point of view, there is a selection at the bottom right of each post on a thread (that's not on our OWN posts, but on others') that says "flag post". I could be wrong, but I'm assuming that rather than the Russ guy flagging his own post, someone, of mighty honor, flagged his post(s), (or maybe it was multiple people) - to which I feel pleasantly supported by my fellow community members. :)

Got me :)
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
pacomartin
pacomartin
June 1st, 2011 at 8:34:05 PM permalink

He must have deleted it. Somebody pressed charges about it, but he deleted the post before I could examine it.

I didn't know we could delete our own posts. I know you can edit them, but I didn't know deletion was an option.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 1st, 2011 at 8:37:10 PM permalink

I didn't know we could delete our own posts. I know you can edit them, but I didn't know deletion was an option.

You can't delete it, you can only erase it and change it to something else.
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
June 1st, 2011 at 8:59:33 PM permalink

You can't delete it, you can only erase it and change it to something else.

You might be able to flag yer own though... ... nope...
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
pacomartin
pacomartin
June 1st, 2011 at 10:56:43 PM permalink

lol, Paco you're always so cute with your lists and charts! :)

Thank you for what seems to be a compliment. I put together a list of all the other female talk show hosts because it helps me remember that long ago. You were correct, the Sally Jesse Raphael came on before Oprah. but her shows were all trash television. She seems almost sorry that she caved in to the pressure to create shock tv.

It does make you appreciate what Oprah did. Not only did she rise from humble beginnings, but she transformed the show into what she wanted. The pressure must have been huge at the beginning to just shock people and compete with Phil Donahoe. In the process she made a billion dollars.

That house in Montecito that you admired seems like it was also a brilliant investment. That land alone would allow you, me, and ten of our friends to retire to an island somewhere. And she is going to expand further.
EvenBob
EvenBob
June 1st, 2011 at 11:19:07 PM permalink

That house in Montecito that you admired seems like it was also a brilliant investment. That land alone would allow you, me, and ten of our friends to retire to an island somewhere. And she is going to expand further.

The Santa Barbara area is one of the few places in the country where property values haven't plummeted. I lived in SB for 7 years and moved because I knew I could never own a house there. And that was almost 30 years ago. Its one of the most beautiful areas in the country and its amazing how fast you get used to it. Its like the old saying, somewhere in the world is the most beautiful woman, and a man who's bored with having sex with her.
  • Jump to: