11 votes (32.35%)
21 votes (61.76%)
2 votes (5.88%)

34 members have voted

HotBlonde
HotBlonde
  • Threads: 116
May 28th, 2011 at 3:26:42 PM permalink
So, this is a sad week for me cuz Oprah's last show aired on Wednesday. Maybe it's cuz I'm a female American but Oprah's show became a huge part of my life. I like that she is strong and in charge yet vulnerable and totally approachable at the same time.

When I was watching part 1 of her United Center show, I started to really realize how much I've gotten from her shows. I never really thought about it until then. I've learned so much from the guests on her shows. I feel like in a big way watching her show was a seperate and huge education for me.

I think Oprah has a big heart and has literally changed the world. The amount of charity and good she's done in the world is practically unquantifiable.

How do you feel about her and also about the fact that her show won't be a part of our daily lives anymore? I'm hoping I'm not the only fan of hers here in the forum.
OFFICIALLY and justifiably reclaimed my title as SuperHotBlonde!
jeffwarren75
jeffwarren75
  • Threads: 19
May 28th, 2011 at 3:57:14 PM permalink
i love her (but then again im just saying that because you are a hot blonde)
benbakdoff
benbakdoff
  • Threads: 17
May 28th, 2011 at 4:07:34 PM permalink
Quote: HotBlonde

So, this is a sad week for me cuz Oprah's last show aired on Wednesday. Maybe it's cuz I'm a female American but Oprah's show became a huge part of my life. I like that she is strong and in charge yet vulnerable and totally approachable at the same time.

When I was watching part 1 of her United Center show, I started to really realize how much I've gotten from her shows. I never really thought about it until then. I've learned so much from the guests on her shows. I feel like in a big way watching her show was a seperate and huge education for me.

I think Oprah has a big heart and has literally changed the world. The amount of charity and good she's done in the world is practically unquantifiable.

How do you feel about her and also about the fact that her show won't be a part of our daily lives anymore? I'm hoping I'm not the only fan of hers here in the forum.

I can take her or leave her, but my wife feels exactly as you do. She's being hit with a double whammy because All My Children is ending as well. She's been with both since the very beginning and is quite disappointed.

I tried to cheer her up by reminding her that Erica Kane never gave away cars but it didn't work.
Yoyomama
Yoyomama
  • Threads: 47
May 28th, 2011 at 4:23:30 PM permalink
Never watched her and won't miss her. Although I could say that to just about anyone on TV. I didn't see my option in the poll.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 28th, 2011 at 4:28:21 PM permalink
Never saw a single episode of her show, not one. I'd see her other places and she'd be hugely fat, then she'd be thin. Then fat again, then thin. I remember thinking, this is a role model for women? In the movie Color Purple, she was circus fat, huge. Ick...
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
May 28th, 2011 at 4:51:27 PM permalink
Being from Chicago I've always been an Oprah fan. I don't think I've ever watched a full episode of her show though. She has earned her retirement though.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
May 28th, 2011 at 5:03:24 PM permalink
Oh hotblonde... what a great name you have chosen! Surely to get attention from the majority of this forum, the same majority that probably couldn't give a hoot about the end of Oprah's show. However, I do not fall into that majority catagory surprisingly. I realize the impact she has had, and continues to have on millions of people around the world.

She has done alot of good over the years reaching out to hundreds of millions of individuals with positive influence. Granted, she is hard to look at, but the woman is a blessed soul and is spreading goodness throughout the world. I can appreciate those who have come from nothing, overcome great odds, and made it in this country.
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
May 28th, 2011 at 8:32:56 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I'd see her other places and she'd be hugely fat, then she'd be thin. Then fat again, then thin. I remember thinking, this is a role model for women? In the movie Color Purple, she was circus fat, huge. Ick...

Quote: WatchMeWin

Granted, she is hard to look at...

In regards to her weight yo-yo-ing, that is an issue for a lot of women which just shows how much like us she really is. She is a role model for women because of the person she is, having nothing to do with her weight. Too many men put such an emphasis on women's appearances.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 28th, 2011 at 8:56:59 PM permalink

Too many men put such an emphasis on women's appearances.

And women don't? Its a fact that a woman cares far more what other women think about how she looks, then about what men think.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
May 28th, 2011 at 9:04:25 PM permalink
I think if I look at the list, the woman that I can consistently watch is Ellen DeGeneres. I find her more of a role model than Oprah.

Barbara Walters The View
Bonnie Hunt The Bonnie Hunt Show
Caroline Rhea The Caroline Rhea Show
Chelsea Handler Chelsea Lately
Cybil Shepherd Men Are From Mars,Women Are From Venus
Elisabeth Hasselbeck The View
Ellen DeGeneres The Ellen DeGeneres Show
Florence Henderson The Florence Henderson Show
Gayle King The Gayle King Show
Holly Robinson Peete The Talk
Jenny Jones The Jenny Jones Show
Joan Lunden Every Day with Joan Lunden
Joan Rivers The Joan Rivers Show
Joy Behar The View, The Joy Behar Show
Julie Chen The Talk
Kathie Lee Gifford Live with Regis and Kathie Lee, Today
Katie Couric The Today Show
Kelly Ripa Live with Regis and Kelly
Larissa Lam Top 3
Laura Ingraham The Laura Ingraham Show
Laura Schlesinger Dr. Laura
Lisa Ling The View
Marsha Warfield The Marsha Warfield Show
Martha Stewart The Martha Stewart Show
Megan Mullally The Megan Mullally Show
Meredith Vieira The Today Show, The View
Mo'Nique The Mo'Nique Show
Oprah Winfrey The Oprah Winfrey Show
Rachael Ray The Rachael Ray Show
Rachel Maddow The Rachel Maddow Show 
Ricki Lake Ricki Lake
Rolanda Watts Rolanda
Roseanne The Roseanne Show
Rosie O'Donnell The Rosie O'Donnell Show, The View
Sally Jessy Raphaël Sally Jessy Raphaël show
Sara Gilbert The Talk
Sharon Osbourne The Sharon Osbourne Show,The Talk
Sherri Shepherd The View
Star Jones The View, The Star Jones Show
Tempestt Bledsoe The Tempestt Bledsoe Show
Tyra Banks The Tyra Banks Show
Wanda Sykes The Wanda Sykes Show
Wendy Williams The Wendy Williams Show
Whoopi Goldberg The View
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
May 28th, 2011 at 9:21:11 PM permalink

And women don't? Its a fact that a woman cares far more what other women think about how she looks, then about what men think.

I don't think women pick on Oprah because of her weight. It's sad to see that the media picks on women because of their weight. I remember watchin E! News one day a while back and they were talking about Jessica Simpson and how she supposedly gained weight. It just made me think of all of the things they could be reporting that day and they had to sit there and do a story on how she had gained weight and looked fat in her new pictures. And the sad thing is people buy into this stuff and start believing that fat is bad and undesireable.

Here's the pic they were talking about:

To me she doesn't even look close to being fat. And again, the fact that this made news stories just blows my mind.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 28th, 2011 at 9:32:20 PM permalink

And the sad thing is people buy into this stuff and start believing that fat is bad and undesireable.

Yeah, why would anybody think its undesirable.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
May 28th, 2011 at 9:37:06 PM permalink

Yeah, why would anybody think its undesirable.

Well maybe you think so but that is just your personal opinion. There are plenty of men out there who look at that picture of Kirstie Alley and find her attractive like that. And maybe it's not the majority of men but that doesn't mean she, or Oprah for that matter, are undesirable. I am a heavy woman myself and I don't have an issue finding men who are attracted to me. When I was thinner I did get more attention but I can tell you I don't have an issue at all finding men who find me attractive.
zippyboy
zippyboy
  • Threads: 2
May 28th, 2011 at 9:38:16 PM permalink

Too many men put such an emphasis on women's appearances.

....says the woman who calls herself HotBlonde. heh heh *wink*
"Poker sure is an easy game to beat if you have the roll to keep rebuying."
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 28th, 2011 at 10:01:23 PM permalink

I am a heavy woman myself

Oh. I didn't look at who the poster was, I didn't know it was a woman. I forget there are women here.

Never mind...
zippyboy
zippyboy
May 28th, 2011 at 10:25:06 PM permalink

And maybe it's not the majority of men but that doesn't mean she, or Oprah for that matter, are undesirable. I am a heavy woman myself and I don't have an issue finding men who are attracted to me. When I was thinner I did get more attention but I can tell you I don't have an issue at all finding men who find me attractive.

We've seen your pic, and you got nuthin' to worry about.

People get points for certain categories, and lose them in others. Some bald, tubby old guys are easy to overlook, but BAM, then they get points for being rich and powerful, so they have no shortage of hot young thangs looking to advance their status. Same with women of course. You have a pretty face, HotBlonde, so we give you some leeway if you gain a few pounds. Oprah is a famous gazillionaire, so she can yo-yo in weight all she wants and she can still have her pick of the litter, pick of the guys, of the ladies, of the agents, of the TV shows she wants to produce, whatever.

I only recorded Oprah's show once, when she had Serena Williams on. I acknowledge all the good Oprah's done for the world and for women, but she'll continue it on her OWN network now. So it certainly isn't over. CBS just won't be profiting from it anymore.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
May 28th, 2011 at 11:34:06 PM permalink
I don't watch Oprah and I don't like her show (I don't DISLIKE her, I just have no opinion of her show), but I gotta give credit where it's due. She's black, a woman and (more often than not) heavy set. She's not particularly attractive in the general sense. Usually, in our twisted culture, that's 4 strikes and you're out. Yet she amassed the largest following, the largest success, and the largest bankroll in TV. So much so that the running joke in many comedians repetoire is Oprah can make or break you with just spoken word (joke, but I think it's partly true.) There's not a single part of her I can relate to, but I will say that I'm impressed and amazed.

I think the above paragraph was supposed to sound better and have a point, but in reading paco's list I seen Elizabeth Hasselbeck's name, immediately went into convulsions, and am slow to recover. Mama always said 'if you can't say something nice...', so I'm just going to go now.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
pacomartin
pacomartin
May 29th, 2011 at 1:23:32 AM permalink

In regards to her weight yo-yo-ing, that is an issue for a lot of women which just shows how much like us she really is. She is a role model for women because of the person she is, having nothing to do with her weight. Too many men put such an emphasis on women's appearances.

In defense of men, the lion's share of concern about weight is something that women do to each other. For every straight man who is obsessed with weight gain, you will find ten woman who worry about it all the time. Do you really think that men drive women to go to those emaciated looks?

While I have to admit that when I first saw the picture of the young princesses the first thing I thought of was Cinderella's sisters, I think it had more to do with their over the top dresses than their weight.

zippyboy
zippyboy
May 29th, 2011 at 2:32:00 AM permalink
paco: you are da MAN!

You are about 75% the reason why I keep coming back to this forum. Thanks for all you do here.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
May 29th, 2011 at 8:35:34 AM permalink
Oprah was one of those female-things. If you add up all of her that I have seen it wouldn't be one show and it would all be because someone else was watching her while I was in the room. But I will give her credit and say she became *the* person women listened to and respected; looking to for advice. I don't think there is a male counterpart. Rush Limbaugh has a large, male dominated audience but nowhere near as female-dominated as Oprah. Howard Stern is probably as male-dominated as Oprah was female-dominated but nowhere near as many listeners and no one serious takes him seriously. Men just don't have a counterpart and the fact that men don't understand the popularity of Oprah is a chicken/egg problem. ie: no male counterpart so we don't get it, but we don't get it because we don't have a counterpart.

Right now my mother is asking me to get the final Oprah off the DVR to a DVD and I need to figure how to do that w/o a DVD Recorder. I can probably figure it out but any ideas appriciated.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
May 29th, 2011 at 8:39:22 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

the second comination is really priceless!!!! you come up with that on your own?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 29th, 2011 at 8:44:48 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

the second comination is really priceless!!!! you come up with that on your own?

The cartoons were altered to match reality. For starters everyone knows Cinderella is blond. And then there's this link:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/cinderella.asp
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
FarFromVegas
FarFromVegas
  • Threads: 7
May 29th, 2011 at 9:24:58 AM permalink
Oprah's existence never really registered to me. I just don't get the fuss. I think I watched the show where she wheeled out the fat, or I've seen the clip so many times I think I watched it? Something like that. I wasn't a viewer.

But if she got people to read, even tripe, then good for her.
Each of us is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts. Preparing for a fight about your bad decision is not as smart as making a good decision.
cellardoor
cellardoor
  • Threads: 1
May 29th, 2011 at 9:54:48 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Right now my mother is asking me to get the final Oprah off the DVR to a DVD and I need to figure how to do that w/o a DVD Recorder. I can probably figure it out but any ideas appriciated.

Without a standalone DVD Recorder where you can record directly from the stream going to the television, it's hard to get those shows off the DVR. (they are designed like that) If you have a computer with a video card capable of capturing a video source (you're computer acts as a DVR that way) is another way to do it.

Personally the easiest way (legalities and morality aside for a second) would be to download the show through a torrent program and then just burn it to a DVD. I won't *admit* that I have first hand knowledge that this method works perfectly fine, but let's just say it does.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
May 29th, 2011 at 10:55:02 AM permalink
Quote: Nareed

The cartoons were altered to match reality. For starters everyone knows Cinderella is blond. And then there's this link:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/people/cinderella.asp

Since they redid the pics, they should've made the prince more bald, lol!
Nareed
Nareed
May 29th, 2011 at 12:09:16 PM permalink
Apropos of Oprah, there's an episode in Futurama where Bender joins the Church of Robotology. The professor laments "I wish he'd chosen a mainstream religion. Like Oprahism, or Voodoo."
pacomartin
pacomartin
May 29th, 2011 at 1:23:21 PM permalink
Forbes Celebrity 100 lists the women by incomes for last year.

Oprah Winfrey $315 million - Personalities
Beyonce Knowles $87-Musicians
Britney Spears $64-Musicians
Lady Gaga $62-Musicians
Madonna $58-Musicians
Sandra Bullock $56-Actresses
Ellen DeGeneres $55-Personalities

But Ellen seems to be the clear successor to Oprah Winfrey.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
May 29th, 2011 at 3:50:29 PM permalink

I think if I look at the list, the woman that I can consistently watch is Ellen DeGeneres. I find her more of a role model than Oprah.

Funny cuz I have a hard time watching The Ellen Degeneres Show. I find her to be extrememly annoying.
Wavy70
Wavy70
  • Threads: 15
May 29th, 2011 at 3:59:33 PM permalink

But Ellen seems to be the clear successor to Oprah Winfrey.

Assuming Oprah goes away. I would bet a year from now she has a talk show on her own Network, OWN. Her network is tanking hard and the only show that had ratings was her behind the scenes of The Oprah Show show.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 29th, 2011 at 5:03:54 PM permalink
Quote: Wavy70

Assuming Oprah goes away. I would bet a year from now she has a talk show on her own Network, OWN. Her network is tanking hard and the only show that had ratings was her behind the scenes of The Oprah Show show.

Another example of being out of touch with reality. Oprah assumes because her show is a hit, everybody loves her so much, they'll pay to have her cable network. They're not.. It comes with my package, but all I ever see there are chick flicks. Yawn..
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
May 29th, 2011 at 5:57:09 PM permalink

Another example of being out of touch with reality. Oprah assumes because her show is a hit, everybody loves her so much, they'll pay to have her cable network. They're not.. It comes with my package, but all I ever see there are chick flicks. Yawn..

Well, I imagine it's hard to have perspective as she's been the "Oprah" that she is for quite awhile now. Not the small time Oprah that she was for at least the initial years in the beginning when she had just another talk show, and when Phil Donahue was the top of the heap of that genre. (as opposed to the mega entertainment like Carson who was in a different arena really)

It's impossible to debate that she mastered filling whatever that niche area was. She's far from the only highly successful person who decided to dabble in something else with less than stellar results.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
May 29th, 2011 at 6:06:47 PM permalink
Well, ironically, Oprah was talking about the phenomenon that was Michael Jackson and how he was the hugest thing on the planet when his Thriller album came out. Michael continued throughout the rest of his life to live up to that, not realizing that he never fully could. Oprah is huge, and she's taking a risk with this new network of hers. Too many people don't even take big enough risks in life and don't even try for fear of failure. Her network may not all pan out but at least she's trying. None of us has a crystal ball.
INkyatari
INkyatari
  • Threads: 7
May 29th, 2011 at 6:07:12 PM permalink
"I hate opera, I hate Oprah" -- Alice Cooper, Fantasy Man

IMHO, Oprah is a self important bloated gas bag. THankfully when she's gone, we here in Chicago will be able to see Jimmy Kimmel at a not ungodly hour. (The local ABC affiliate re-ran that day's Gas Bag -- I mean OPRAH -- show right after nightline.)
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 29th, 2011 at 6:19:58 PM permalink
Quote: INkyatari

IMHO, Oprah is a self important bloated gas bag.

She's a talk show host, that describes all of them. Johnny Carson was huge, he left and we survived. Talk show hosts come and go. When I was a teen it was Merv Griffin and Mike Douglas. Then Phil Donahue. The list is endless. She can't act, can't sing, her only talent is connecting with people thru the screen, which is nothing new. She'll be replaced, they always are..
Wavy70
Wavy70
May 30th, 2011 at 1:45:17 AM permalink

Well, ironically, Oprah was talking about the phenomenon that was Michael Jackson and how he was the hugest thing on the planet when his Thriller album came out. Michael continued throughout the rest of his life to live up to that, not realizing that he never fully could.

To be fair MJ or anyone else could never achieve the success of Thriller. No artists has even come close to the sales of Thriller before or since.
I have a bewitched egg that I use to play VP with and I have net over 900k with it.
Wavy70
Wavy70
May 30th, 2011 at 1:46:26 AM permalink
Quote: RussHaley

Land whale detected.

Perpetually single guy detected.
FinsRule
FinsRule
  • Threads: 128
May 30th, 2011 at 5:10:30 AM permalink
I'm trying to come up with a male equivalent to Oprah, and I'm having a tough time. It's a very interesting question.

I'm going to go with Peyton Manning.

Most guys don't want someone to share feelings with, they want someone to have a beer and talk sports with. If feelings come up during the conversation, so be it. I think most guys would like to hang out with Peyton for the day. He's a funny guy who probably has some good sports stories. He gets my vote.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 30th, 2011 at 5:29:54 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

Most guys don't want someone to share feelings with, they want someone to have a beer and talk sports with.

There's a lot of truth in that. Most men don't give a crap about feelings, we just want everything to run smoothly. We're more interested in 'things' than feelings. Its in our DNA..
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 30th, 2011 at 5:33:56 AM permalink
Quote: FinsRule

I'm trying to come up with a male equivalent to Oprah, and I'm having a tough time. It's a very interesting question.

I'm going to go with Peyton Manning.

Most guys don't want someone to share feelings with, they want someone to have a beer and talk sports with. If feelings come up during the conversation, so be it. I think most guys would like to hang out with Peyton for the day. He's a funny guy who probably has some good sports stories. He gets my vote.

He is a good guy, but not on my top-10. Saw his dad once, he had to be pointed out to me. Though another guy in the group saw him from behind and knew him instantly. I just do not know faces.

Anyways, I think the reason there is not a "male Oprah" is that there are so many more men in positions of influence. Forgetting that fewer men watch talk shows because more are at work during that day when Oprah was on, there are just more famous men. Even moreso in 1986 when Oprah came to the scene. Take the example of Mr Manning. How many NFL players are there? Add in the other sports. Add in more male actors than female. (At least famous ones, females have to be GD good to last over 40 years old or so.) It is just harder to gain "market share" when the market is bigger.

And you are correct, I have no desire to share feelings. Though I want to talk more than sports, kind of why I hang out here. Black holes, TPIR Models, casinos, speed limits.......we seem to hit it all.
pacomartin
pacomartin
May 30th, 2011 at 6:35:56 AM permalink
I did see them announce a segment where Oprah was going to launch a campaign and a special show against Hermes scarf because they wouldn't open up their Paris store after hours for her exclusive use. The store said they had a private party to prepare for and were unable to accommodate her on that day. Oprah said that it was because she was a black billionaire and not a white billionaire.

Last i checked people who sell luxury goods like billionaires, regardless of anything about them. While you have to admire Oprah for pulling herself out of abject poverty and becoming one of the most successful people on the planet, I am a little put off because she isn't getting treated quite as deferential as she deserves. It's not my idea of entertainment.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
May 30th, 2011 at 11:53:32 AM permalink
hotblonde, i read in this post that you have posted your photo in the past and you are pretty hot. care to post it again?
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
RussHaley
RussHaley
  • Threads: 0
May 30th, 2011 at 12:31:04 PM permalink
Quote: Wavy70

Perpetually single guy detected.

Neckbeard detected.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 30th, 2011 at 2:56:24 PM permalink

I did see them announce a segment where Oprah was going to launch a campaign and a special show against Hermes scarf because they wouldn't open up their Paris store after hours for her exclusive use. The store said they had a private party to prepare for and were unable to accommodate her on that day. Oprah said that it was because she was a black billionaire and not a white billionaire.

Last i checked people who sell luxury goods like billionaires, regardless of anything about them. While you have to admire Oprah for pulling herself out of abject poverty and becoming one of the most successful people on the planet, I am a little put off because she isn't getting treated quite as deferential as she deserves. It's not my idea of entertainment.

I don't think this is an isolated case. Blacks in the USA have been fed the "racism is all that is holding you back" line that they are more likely to preceive any slight in customer service or lack of promotion to work to racism. I've seen blacks denied hotel rooms because they were black so I am not saying it does not happen. But I have also been accused of "putting the black names on the bottom of the list and the white names on top" (quotes intentional) when there was a 3+ week wait for warranty service. Everybody had the wait but to her it had to be racism. Another employee thought he was being laid off because of skin color when in reality he was just a terrible serviceperson. (We even had him unoffically reporting to a black manager since we coould see how he felt he was being discriminated at every turn. Didn't help.)

I'd say the store was telling the truth. The store made a profit and loss decision. They are not there so Oprah can sell more of her product.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
May 30th, 2011 at 3:49:37 PM permalink
Quote: WatchMeWin

hotblonde, i read in this post that you have posted your photo in the past and you are pretty hot. care to post it again?

Here's a new one...

Quote: AZDuffman

I've seen blacks denied hotel rooms because they were black so I am not saying it does not happen.

I remember when I took Social Psychology in college, in the textbook we were required to read there was a whole study done like back in the day (this was before the internet) where people would write in to reserve a hotel room and if they sent in the request and signed their name with a Jewish-sounding last name they were told that there were no accomodations for them. And I think if I remember correctly, this was the reaction from US hotels, not abroad.
zippyboy
zippyboy
May 30th, 2011 at 3:59:03 PM permalink
Sweeeeet! She's hot, she's blonde, and she's drinking! Trifecta!
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
May 30th, 2011 at 4:05:07 PM permalink

I remember when I took Social Psychology in college, in the textbook we were required to read there was a whole study done like back in the day (this was before the internet) where people would write in to reserve a hotel room and if they sent in the request and signed their name with a Jewish-sounding last name they were told that there were no accomodations for them. And I think if I remember correctly, this was the reaction from US hotels, not abroad.

This was in SC when I was a kid. Some interchange along I-95 on the way back from FL. The kind of place with 4-5 motels all close to each other. Year was 1983 or so. Anyways it is getting late, 11:00PM and as anyone who made a family trip to FL back then knows, the goal was to make as many miles as you could the first day of the trip. It was time to stop. So there were about 3-4 similar families at the same interchange all at the first motel. Black woman first in line.

"Do you have any rooms?"
"Sorry, booked solid."

Since we were all in line no reason to wait and we go to the second place. Same black woman right in front of us.

"Do you have any rooms?"
"Sorry, booked solid."

So we get back to the family truckster and my dad put the key in the ignition. Then he says, "Wait a minute, where the **** am I?"

This time the black family is *not* the one asking.

"Do you have any rooms?"
"Sure do!"

We were checked in with no problems.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
May 30th, 2011 at 4:11:23 PM permalink
Quote: zippyboy

Sweeeeet! She's hot, she's blonde, and she's drinking! Trifecta!

Hahaha! This was on my birthday. I was trying to look sexy, I guess. I had a similar pic of me that I showed the Wizard when I hung out with him and Switch recently in Vegas where I thought I looked sexy but he said that I didn't, I looked like I wanted to bite someone's head off instead. I was hoping I wasn't coming off like that in this pic too.
Nareed
Nareed
May 30th, 2011 at 4:21:10 PM permalink

I was trying to look sexy, I guess.

If you don't mind a tip, when having your pic taken try to ignore the camera and the person taking the photo. In this case you're not facing the camera, but your gaze does go in that direction. You look as though you think somoene's taking your picture. Next time direct your eyes elsewhere. try parting your lips a bit, too, as you have a drink near your mouth and should be trying to drink it.
HotBlonde
HotBlonde
May 30th, 2011 at 4:26:51 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

...Next time direct your eyes elsewhere. try parting your lips a bit...

I posted this one a while back. Minus the drink, this kinda fits your description, no? (And I am actually at a wine tasting bar here, so maybe that counts!)
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 30th, 2011 at 4:59:11 PM permalink
It was no part of my daily life. I had no interest in her weight battles and the few shows that I was forced to watch were rather shallow. I know most of the shows are done by producers but I think many of her producers were aiming just too low.
  • Jump to: