Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
May 11th, 2021 at 12:08:01 PM permalink
Liquidated, off Robinhood now. I should not be so involved, found myself making impulsive decisions. I might have cost myself a ton of money, and might have saved myself money. Probably saved because there were a lot of stupid things I was doing and honestly you cannot trust that site to work reliably, let alone not crash.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 12th, 2021 at 7:47:24 AM permalink
If I hadn't have done that, my account would probably be up 30 or 40% right now. It's true what they say we like to protect what we have against loss more than a potential for gain.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 12th, 2021 at 7:47:26 AM permalink
If I hadn't have done that, my account would probably be up 30 or 40% right now. It's true what they say we like to protect what we have against loss more than a potential for gain.
I am a robot.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
May 12th, 2021 at 7:57:17 AM permalink
Just keep trying to reinvent the wheel. I'm sure you will succeed eventually.
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
May 12th, 2021 at 8:04:44 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

This site needs a dislike post button.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 12th, 2021 at 9:23:14 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I am a robot.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
May 12th, 2021 at 9:44:54 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

At a certain point, protecting one's nest egg is more important than growing it. At 62, I'm much more conservative with my investments than I was at 42. It would be foolish not to be.
If a hundred-dollar stock drops 50%, it now must go up 100% just to break even.
I recently signed up with a new advisor. I got an email last night telling me my portfolio went up 1.87% last week. Obviously, the guy is a genius and I should now expect similar returns each week, right?
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 12th, 2021 at 2:10:57 PM permalink
Think it would have been close to 50% today. In my mind things could have turned around the wrong way today, and I could have been down way more than I had wanted. Quite a few things I was not confident in I did yesterday. First thing I was buying puts on ARKK, thinking it was getting to TSLA. It was but the fund had a lot of winners yesterday. I had switched my view on CVNA and had puts on it. It was rebounding yesterday and I didn't get it. I didn't see why TSLA was rebounding for sure. Thought maybe some shorts were coming in, but didn't know. The general market is selling off, so some of these stocks are just amplifications. I've emptied out at that brokerage and don't even care that much. What could have been tens of thousands over the course of the short term, don't care much about that either. Seems like it would be this way, but things are so up and down, hard to say where they finish. People being afraid of inflation, they're going to want to pull out money so they can even afford part of the things they're dreaming of, plus this pipeline chaos. Wasn't reflected yesterday, would have been nice. So I'm just straight up shorting TSLA on a small level now for the time being, do not want to get back in after these missed gains with options.

This has not even been worth it for me anyway. It was all I cared about for 2 weeks and to be honest, I just seem to be watching a green line for hours like it's a horse race or football game. Checking this, checking that, reading this. Hardly even took care of myself, wasn't leaving the house, just obsessed. have been sick too. Had thought maybe COVID, but it's better already,

Added: Just looked up some of the puts I had and most increased 50, 70 and 100% today. Yuck. Never know where they land when I would have sold, but the very short term future looks red for days.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on May 12, 2021
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 13th, 2021 at 10:09:14 AM permalink
When I had heard about The Honest Company IPO, I had thought a product sold primarily to females would be a good company which could be profitable and very profitable. Then I found out the shareholders essentially just sold out their shares to the public and cashed out with only a small fraction of the IPO going to fund the business. Everywhere I look, people are saying they wouldn't buy the stock until $4. They don't even know if the company can even become profitable. They're dependent on a few retailers like Target. I wouldn't recommend them and would recommend betting against them at this point.

EditedL: meant to say $7 not $4.
Last edited by: onenickelmiracle on May 13, 2021
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
May 13th, 2021 at 1:32:56 PM permalink
Just noticed an Etrade referral if anyone is interested. They give you and me a $50 Amazon gift card if you open an account and deposit $500, if you open this link and sign up through it.

https://refer.etrade.net/6f0m4n
I am a robot.

• Jump to: