Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
April 17th, 2020 at 2:23:05 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

paper profits is a deceptive term.
Being on the wrong side of a volatile short sale can be costly. GOOD LUCK

Seems to news is falling in value. I'll probably be able to cover around 15-30 minutes after the open and be fine. At this point, by the end of the day, the price will rise somewhere near the open. You don't know how bad this felt. It was like I was some romantic waiting every day to run into a woman at the same place every year, and when I went to the other place, she went where I was. When I first looked into this kind of thing, speculation was a big no-no, but I did it anyway. Was too early for the party, though I have made money on the stock, I never knew when to sell, but was good knowing where to buy. I was kind of getting an idea the LT value will be around $76-$80, but maybe a little more, maybe not. There is a gigantic bottle neck in making this drug, it takes forever for them to make it, when they don't even know what the need is, and there very well could be a supply problem for the base materials for the drug. There could not be enough of what they need no matter what happens. I still made money while I slept, so not a big deal.
Follow me: https://www.heavensgate.com/
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 17th, 2020 at 2:55:32 AM permalink
Everything is a paper profit, nobody really wants to get out ever.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 177
April 17th, 2020 at 5:46:04 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Everything is a paper profit, nobody really wants to get out ever.

I'm planning on taking some out in a couple of years when I'm a little older
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a Single Premium Immediate Annuity
I know annuities are generally a bad deal but I believe this one is less bad than the others
if interest rates are still low I know I won't get a good deal

but I'm willing to trade that for the security of getting a payday every month for the rest of my life
all my life my investments have been moderate risk - it will be time to reduce the inherent risk
risk now seems greater than I ever imagined

this will protect me somewhat from a bad thing happening as they say:

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲
𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘭𝘺 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳.........𝖤𝖽𝗀𝖺𝗋 𝖠𝗅𝗅𝖺𝗇 𝖯𝗈𝖾
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 310
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
April 17th, 2020 at 6:39:39 AM permalink
Gilead is up more than 10% right now on some good news. This good news for you? I have some trouble following what you wrote, did you short this?
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 182
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
April 17th, 2020 at 7:29:21 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

I'm planning on taking some out in a couple of years when I'm a little older
I'm pretty sure I'm going to buy a Single Premium Immediate Annuity
I know annuities are generally a bad deal but I believe this one is less bad than the others
if interest rates are still low I know I won't get a good deal

but I'm willing to trade that for the security of getting a payday every month for the rest of my life
all my life my investments have been moderate risk - it will be time to reduce the inherent risk
risk now seems greater than I ever imagined

this will protect me somewhat from a bad thing happening as they say:

𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐝𝐨𝐧'𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐭 𝐭𝐨 𝐨𝐮𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐦𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐲

I went to an investment dinner where they pitched SPIAs. I wasn't impressed but passed the information on to my money guys and they dismissed the idea. At todays interest rates, it seems like a very bad time to buy such a product.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 17th, 2020 at 7:38:40 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Gilead is up more than 10% right now on some good news. This good news for you? I have some trouble following what you wrote, did you short this?

Yes I just decided to gamble on this rocky stock yesterday. It was the first time I ever shorted, got my hand in the rat trap. I covered at $82, fro $75. Ahead 21% for the year still, better than nothing. I'm right now planning on not being fully invested, and will not use margin at this point. I need to be flexible, in case we start seeing a nightmare.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 17th, 2020 at 7:50:11 AM permalink
There are now 23000 more Robinhood members owning GILD now, 66,277 today compared to 43,000 yesterday.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 17th, 2020 at 8:25:43 AM permalink
MRNA has been the stock for profits. I bought some BTG today, figured it was worth a buy down 5% and w people thinking gold won't be going up in price. It will for sure w cheap oil.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
April 20th, 2020 at 5:31:36 AM permalink
It's funny if you look at 6 flags, it's stock has literally been a roller coaster. Wouldn't have even thought of it, but for some reason it shows up when you look at wynn.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 77
April 20th, 2020 at 7:09:44 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

It's funny if you look at 6 flags, it's stock has literally been a roller coaster. Wouldn't have even thought of it, but for some reason it shows up when you look at wynn.

I bought Six Flags stock about three months ago because of a nice dividend offered. I got crushedon that stock evenbefore the virus became a big deal. I sold almost everything about six weeks ago and just started buying back in. I own three stocks right now and I hope they are long term holding but they all have a lot of exposure.

I bought Ford, American Airlines, and Exxon. Hopefully in two years they will recover without having a bankruptcy.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: