3 votes (11.53%)
5 votes (19.23%)

26 members have voted

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 68
August 7th, 2019 at 8:45:12 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

I donít want to keep up that pace because then Iíd be negative pounds lol. The first couple weeks should have a higher weight loss because I weigh more.

That would be considered dedication.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 21
August 7th, 2019 at 8:45:54 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Slacking off already?. The first month is rough.

This makes no sense Bill.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
August 7th, 2019 at 10:58:17 AM permalink

One week update: I lost 7 pounds last week and Iím starting to get used to the exercising every day.

Just some random musings...

I've gotten soft af living the sedentary life, and while I don't eat well, I can just stop eating. And I have. And it's made no difference whatsoever.

I wouldn't want to say anything that would discourage diet, because it's important for myriad reasons besides just being fat. But gd does physical effort matter. It's positively imperative, and at least in my case, involves not one single boring "workout" whatsoever. I manage just by being active, and no, I don't mean needing a full MMA regimen, either. Gardening. That's a good one. Doesn't seem like much until I got injured, then it became apparent that it's like 1-2hrs of planking every time I do it. I can do about 0.5 squats before my knee gets all "et tu, Brute?", so I don't do squats. But I do pick crayfish. For hours, sometimes. And you know what crayfish picking is? Squats. My hams are blown out right now, and it was 100% spiritually relaxing pleasure doing it.

A lot of dumb s#$% around the house is no different. Don't be a sodding wanker with those gd leaf blowers waking up thirty generations of dead. Put down your pu$$y and grab a rake. Don't spend $30 just because Swiffer came out with no-wet static wipes. A bucket of soap water weighs 30 pounds; get a rag, get down on the floor, and do it.

You wanna get cut, eschew convenience. Ever see a fat Mennonite?

"Do work, son" - Christopher "Big Black" Boykin
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 14
August 7th, 2019 at 2:59:43 PM permalink

I donít want to keep up that pace because then Iíd be negative pounds lol. The first couple weeks should have a higher weight loss because I weigh more.

Also lots of water weight the first few weeks
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolfbeachbumbabs
August 8th, 2019 at 8:59:56 PM permalink
22:00 elliptical
4 sets of 10 squats
4 sets of 30 second planks

Stamina is getting better by the day.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
August 9th, 2019 at 8:16:43 PM permalink
Ok my workout friend is being mean to me. Today was 27 min elliptical and 50 pushups. It was hard by the end but I finished it.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 27
August 9th, 2019 at 8:55:53 PM permalink

So in the long term this is a bit more correct, but this is actually a bit of a myth. Someone who has the weight to lose can consistently lose X lbs per week. You shouldn't naturally see your weight loss go down until you get much more trim, and at that point you need to push yourself harder and really laser focus your diet, but you can still keep the lbs coming off. Since I'm getting "near-ish" my goal weight admittedly I've been losing weight but MUCH slower now. Even though I'm near goal weight if I wanted to lose 7 lbs next week, in a HEALTHY way, I absolutely could. It would be a rough week of exactly 1450 calories and working out every day, but hell I bet I could lose 10 lbs next week. Basically, with you being on week 1, you should easily be able to CONSISTENTLY lose 7-10lbs per week for a month or two EASILY to come.

Seriously what you put in is what you get out for 90% of your weight loss journey. Keep smashing it and watch the lbs keep falling off!
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
OnceDearbeachbumbabs
August 9th, 2019 at 9:37:46 PM permalink
Well I am extremely motivated right now so I am excited to see how much I can lose. One of the things that I'm proud of is about half of the days I have seriously thought about not working out and in prior weight loss attempts I would take a day off. That day off turns into 2, then 4 days then a week and at that point I'm done. I have only taken one day off in 10 days. I know 10 days isn't much but I think I have found a nice routine.
miplet
miplet
  • Threads: 5
August 10th, 2019 at 1:07:20 AM permalink

Yesterday I went for a 4 mile walk with some friends because there was a Pokémon Go event (Iím a dork) so I figured that counted as my exercise for the day.

I donít know how far I walked but I didnít get any shinies for the first 2 hours. Got 2 the last hour and got a third from an egg.

Pokémon Go is great for exercise.
ďMan BabesĒ #AxelFabulous
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
miplet
August 10th, 2019 at 6:33:55 AM permalink
I only got 1 for the first 90 minutes and then they slowly trickled in after that. I ended up with 7.

• Jump to: