6 votes (19.35%)

31 members have voted

OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 44
December 19th, 2019 at 4:53:29 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

The two goals are NOT mutually exclusive! Your success to date is 'real' weight loss. To win the bet you would just need to add a touch of 'non-sustainable' weight loss. I guess I'm more competitive than you. I once beat a supervising physician of mine in a month long weight loss challenge. I was just a bit overweight, and he was obese. I ate one meal a day for the month, and dehydrated for the weigh in. I won by a pound or two. Of course I put all the weight back on as soon as I reverted to my generally poor diet. My recollection was that I lost 20+ pounds, but don't remember the exact number.

LOL. I sort of agree. I once won a bottle of whiskey in a weight loss challenge by unexpectedly stripping to my boxers for the final weigh in. 10lb in a couple of weeks is not a tough challenge on a Dioralyte diet.
But Kudos to PG for his progress so far and his honourable concession.... I have given him one last chance to un-concede
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
Thanks for this post from:
michael99000
December 19th, 2019 at 10:36:16 PM permalink
Scrolling back a bit. But being unable to go 24 hours without eating is a bit like not being able to walk up a few stairs or go a couple days without sexual release. It really shouldn't be very difficult. On a given day, you might run into low blood sugar or something, but most days it's no big deal.

Setting aside the benifits of fasting, I'd suggest doing it just to realize some self control and prove to yourself that you can. Even if you never do it again, you'll see that you can control your appetites instead of the other way around. It's a point of reference.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 72
December 20th, 2019 at 7:24:41 AM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

Setting aside the benifits of fasting, I'd suggest doing it just to realize some self control and prove to yourself that you can. Even if you never do it again, you'll see that you can control your appetites instead of the other way around. It's a point of reference.

I agree 100%. I believe anyone should be able to achieve realistic goals if they really want to. It is all mental.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 171
December 20th, 2019 at 8:20:37 AM permalink
One of my workers claims he went from over 350 to 250 in two years by only eating from 11am to 8pm. He says he didn't change his eating style much, just would fast 15 hours a day. He also drinks a pint of water before and after each meal.
I've put on some weight since I moved from Vegas, and plan on getting back on the program right after Christmas.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
December 20th, 2019 at 9:41:41 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

One of my workers claims he went from over 350 to 250 in two years by only eating from 11am to 8pm. He says he didn't change his eating style much, just would fast 15 hours a day. He also drinks a pint of water before and after each meal.
I've put on some weight since I moved from Vegas, and plan on getting back on the program right after Christmas.

The 9 hour window for eating is a great plan. Just add 'no calories from liquids' and the weight will come off.

• Jump to: