Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 214
June 12th, 2019 at 4:19:53 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

I do for multiple reasons, I love visiting the Northern part of the state and have friends that own and operate breweries there. The taxes and regulations are killing them, and many lean liberal, yet still complain that itís gone too far. Once you get north of SF and all itís homeless and other problems, and over the Golden Gate itís beautiful country that everyone should visit.

And of course I am concerned about the silliness like this where governments believe they know whatís best for businesses and individuals. Granted, this will save tens of millions a year for the hotel industry and they may even have been involved. But it comes down to the government telling a business what they can and cannot legally offer its customers.

Just remember the next time you use a bulk shampoo dispenser, you never know what a conscientious objector could have put in there.

Government makes these decisions.

Alcohol, tobacco, drugs, food.

Im sure the soap issue has to do with the amount of opened and 3/4 unused bottles that add immensely to garbage and waste disposal.

Sometimes the government does overreach. They tried in NYC to pass a soda ban on restaurants limiting how much soda could be sold.

BTW, that was a proposal of Mayor Bloomberg REPUBLICAN and quickly challenged by the NYC liberals.

See you and me can be on the same side sometimes as im certain you dont support the government telling businesses how much soda they can sell right?
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 97
June 12th, 2019 at 4:53:47 PM permalink
Quote: Boz

I do for multiple reasons, I love visiting the Northern part of the state and have friends that own and operate breweries there. The taxes and regulations are killing them, and many lean liberal, yet still complain that itís gone too far. Once you get north of SF and all itís homeless and other problems, and over the Golden Gate itís beautiful country that everyone should visit.

And of course I am concerned about the silliness like this where governments believe they know whatís best for businesses and individuals. Granted, this will save tens of millions a year for the hotel industry and they may even have been involved. But it comes down to the government telling a business what they can and cannot legally offer its customers.

Just remember the next time you use a bulk shampoo dispenser, you never know what a conscientious objector could have put in there.

I agree. And so does CET, really. When I get a basic room I'm stuck with those dispensers. I use my own. For all I know, some jerk has added hair remover to the shampoo.

The reason I say CET agrees is, when I get an upgraded room, it has the individual soaps and shampoos, even if it also has the dispensers in the shower.

People share lots of things - salt and pepper, sugar shakers, ketchup and condiments, towels and sheets that are laundered - and I rarely think twice. But something about those dispensers and their simple lids gives me the creeps.

I know several other people who bring their own bedlinens, though, so at least I don't take it that far...lol.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 217
June 12th, 2019 at 5:22:26 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

BTW, that was a proposal of Mayor Bloomberg REPUBLICAN and quickly challenged by the NYC liberals.

Not exactly. Bloomberg was a lifelong Democrat who switched to the GOP to run for mayor who later left the GOP and stayed as an independent.

RINO at best.
Tolerance is the virtue of believing in nothing
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
June 12th, 2019 at 5:52:28 PM permalink
The only bad thing about that policy was the banning part. If soda was banned forever, or never existed it would be absolutely great. A literal gift to humanity.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 12th, 2019 at 6:08:19 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

The only bad thing about that policy was the banning part. If soda was banned forever, or never existed it would be absolutely great. A literal gift to humanity.

Do you really want to live in a world without Coca-Cola?--Walter White.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
June 12th, 2019 at 6:11:57 PM permalink
The old bottle design was nice.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
darkoz
darkoz
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
June 12th, 2019 at 6:32:22 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Not exactly. Bloomberg was a lifelong Democrat who switched to the GOP to run for mayor who later left the GOP and stayed as an independent.

RINO at best.

Thats funny

Sounds like Donald Trump as well

Lifelong Democrat switches to GOP to run for president

EDIT: oh sorry this is the nothing trump thread.

Never mind
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 13th, 2019 at 3:11:24 PM permalink
I keep hearing that "pro-choice" folks are not "pro-abortion." Well, look at a recent USA Today headline:

Fewer women are having abortions. Why?

If that not clear enough that they think a decline in abortion rates is not a good thing, how about a quote from the article:

Quote: Mary Ziegler, a professor at the Florida State University College of Law who specializes in the legal history of reproduction

"We've changed what was an undeniable consensus ó that reducing abortion was the goal," Ziegler said. "Now we're looking at whether the decline in abortion rates is something to be celebrated or worried about."

So please, do not tell me the "pro-choice movement" is not really pro-abortion. And when you support them, know what you are really supporting.
darkoz
darkoz
June 13th, 2019 at 3:21:57 PM permalink

I keep hearing that "pro-choice" folks are not "pro-abortion." Well, look at a recent USA Today headline:

If that not clear enough that they think a decline in abortion rates is not a good thing, how about a quote from the article:

Quote: Mary Ziegler, a professor at the Florida State University College of Law who specializes in the legal history of reproduction

"We've changed what was an undeniable consensus ó that reducing abortion was the goal," Ziegler said. "Now we're looking at whether the decline in abortion rates is something to be celebrated or worried about."

So please, do not tell me the "pro-choice movement" is not really pro-abortion. And when you support them, know what you are really supporting.

But I am telling you.

Please dont tell me the opposite
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
June 13th, 2019 at 3:30:43 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

But I am telling you.

Please dont tell me the opposite

You can tell me whatever you want. This is at least the third think I have linked to show my point. A John Cleese reply of "no, it isn't" does not compare.

• Jump to: