rsactuary
rsactuary 
  • Threads: 15
July 14th, 2018 at 7:53:01 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I know Canada has a good health care system but I think they penalize their citizens who spend time or who work outside of Canada on health benefits.

That's a whole other thread!

When I moved to the US back in 1990, I filled out a Revenue Canada (Canadian IRS) form that deemed me to be a non-resident of Canada. You basically affirm that you have cut ties to Canada but you still keep citizenship... no bank accounts, no property ownership allowed etc. The benefit of that is that I file US taxes and that's it. I don't have to file anything with the Canadian government. In doing that, I lost the right to Canadian healthcare and I lost the right to vote there.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
Thanks for this post from:
TankoRS
July 14th, 2018 at 8:32:45 AM permalink
Quote: rsactuary

Unfortunately, with this administration, I can't rule that out!

Going to sound hateful but if you feel this way, why bother. Keep using us for a job and stay a single citizen of a Country you are proud of.

People with your attitude toward to legally elected President of the US are the exact reason while liberals are pushing for the naturalization of illegals.

Itís not compassion, it trying to save their asses as many current Americans are seeing through their BS.

This probably isnít the thread for it, but I will say you started it with not being able to document your journey without a Trump jab.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 39
July 14th, 2018 at 8:44:23 AM permalink

I am not going to condemn you for having a political position, but I don't think that this was a good thing to introduce to this thread.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
July 14th, 2018 at 9:43:38 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

I am not going to condemn you for having a political position, but I don't think that this was a good thing to introduce to this thread.

Certainly, this administration's policies have increased the workload of the various departments tasked with processing and approving applications such as this. You can like the administration's policies or hate them, but you can't argue that they don't add time and frustration for people going through the process.
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
RonC
RonC
July 14th, 2018 at 9:50:52 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Certainly, this administration's policies have increased the workload of the various departments tasked with processing and approving applications such as this. You can like the administration's policies or hate them, but you can't argue that they don't add time and frustration for people going through the process.

I guess you can "blame" them for it taking longer to do things legally acceptable for entry and citizenship for forcing more people to actually follow our laws; I just don't see that as a negative.

I simply hoped that this thread would not derail into the immigration mess and would stay focused on one member's journey to citizenship.
RonC
RonC
July 14th, 2018 at 9:50:53 AM permalink
Maybe triple post.
RonC
RonC
July 14th, 2018 at 9:57:08 AM permalink
Double post.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 158
Thanks for this post from:
gamerfreak
July 14th, 2018 at 12:22:11 PM permalink
Come to America with political dissent if you wish. You will instantly be more educated than Boz post demonstrates.
One person's freedom is another person's annoying crap.
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
July 14th, 2018 at 12:33:12 PM permalink

Hire the same people boymimbo used. That should speed the process.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 153
July 14th, 2018 at 12:55:00 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Come to America with political dissent if you wish. You will instantly be more educated than Boz post demonstrates.

Actually the poster is the kind of immigrant we want and need qualifications wise. But if he has a poor opinion of how the country is run, not sure why he wants to be a citizen unless he has found a financial loophole to better himself. I get disagreeing with someone politically but I stand by my statement.

Not sure what your education dig is referring to, but coming from you, I take anything and everything as a compliment.

• Jump to: