Thread Rating:

DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 83
November 12th, 2022 at 9:24:56 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Quote: lilredrooster

Quote: billryan

I still haven't tried Five Guys, even though I hear almost universal praise for them. I don't consider them fast food, for what that is worth.
link to original post

the way I look at it:

if they don't have a waiter or waitress to come by your table and take your order - then it's fast food

in addition to the fact that you get the food in about 5 minutes - and burgers and hot dogs are their only main dish offerings

link to original post

It's all opinions, but if it doesn't have a drive-thru, I don't consider it fast food these days. Ironic, as none of the original fast food chains had drive-thrus. I don't eat in fast food places, but I'll use their drive-thrus. I've had two friends killed in separate incidents at fast food places.
link to original post

I am just the opposite. If I go to a fast food restaurant I always go in and order at the counter. I despise drive-thru's. I still take the food to go but I want the personal interaction.

Of course, now that I work from home I just want any personal interaction. I would guess I leave the house now only once or twice a week. I may be turning into Evenbob.
Order from chaos
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
November 12th, 2022 at 10:33:34 AM permalink
It’s sort of a hybrid between fast food and fast casual. The style is fast casual, but I have trouble classifying a place that serves strictly that type of food as fast casual in my head.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 217
November 12th, 2022 at 1:31:09 PM permalink

all of the burger joints that I know about offer only that yellow american cheese - which I think sucks and is a a big mistake - so I'll always get it with no cheese

it would be a huge improvement imo if they served it or at least offered provolone cheese

more expensive____?______it's only one slice__________I don't get it at all__________why be so cheap

even Subway which is far from high class offers provolone cheese on their subs - no that I'm high on Subway - just sayin

"believe half of what you see and none of what you hear" - Edgar Allan Poe
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 118
November 12th, 2022 at 1:59:45 PM permalink
I must be back in college. Two packages of Chicken Ramen soup. I do add pepper. Lunch for less than 1$.

Sometimes I eat a can of Wegman’s New England Clam Chowder. Would be less than a $2 lunch but I usually add a handful of cashews.
DRich
DRich
November 12th, 2022 at 2:17:00 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I must be back in college. Two packages of Chicken Ramen soup. I do add pepper. Lunch for less than 1$.

Sometimes I eat a can of Wegman’s New England Clam Chowder. Would be less than a $2 lunch but I usually add a handful of cashews.
link to original post

Cashews in clam chowder? I have never heard of that.
Order from chaos
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 13
November 12th, 2022 at 3:59:08 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

all of the burger joints that I know about offer only that yellow american cheese - which I think sucks and is a a big mistake - so I'll always get it with no cheese

it would be a huge improvement imo if they served it or at least offered provolone cheese

more expensive____?______it's only one slice__________I don't get it at all__________why be so cheap

even Subway which is far from high class offers provolone cheese on their subs - no that I'm high on Subway - just sayin

link to original post

While I hold no dispute with your preference, the "why be so cheap?" is easy.

A Subway 6" costs about 50% more than a McDouble.

American "cheese" does melt well, although I generally prefer cream cheese on a burger.

Obligatory:
A few bologna & nacho cheese goo sandwiches, then a big bowl of rice with steamed cabbage.
May the cards fall in your favor.
wizardofbuffalo
wizardofbuffalo
  • Threads: 11
November 13th, 2022 at 3:12:31 PM permalink
Who puts cream cheese on a burger??? Not to mention cashews in chowdah??? Who puts the special sauce on big macs???
and speeaking of special sauces - what makes Arby's horsey sauce so good on their beef and curly fries ???
DRich
DRich
November 13th, 2022 at 3:34:49 PM permalink
Quote: wizardofbuffalo

Who puts cream cheese on a burger??? Not to mention cashews in chowdah??? Who puts the special sauce on big macs???
and speeaking of special sauces - what makes Arby's horsey sauce so good on their beef and curly fries ???
link to original post

FYI, Arby's just started selling Horsey sauce and Arby's sauce in grocery stores.
Order from chaos
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 320
November 13th, 2022 at 3:42:25 PM permalink

link to original post

who put the overalls in Mrs. Murphy's chowder?
The Dice, the cards, they not only have no sense of justice but are seemingly endowed with a sense of cruel irony. This devolves from the 'nature of random'. Ironically, don't you see. 
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 13
November 13th, 2022 at 3:43:05 PM permalink

Who puts cream cheese on a burger???
link to original post

I should have thought the answer self-evident...

Cream cheese is pretty good on a number of sandwiches.
It's not just for those appetizer pinwheels anymore.
May the cards fall in your favor.

• Jump to: