Thread Rating:

Ace2
Ace2
Joined: Oct 2, 2017
  • Threads: 24
  • Posts: 1070
September 20th, 2021 at 1:11:35 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: lilredrooster

_________

.

  • link to original post



    I have cut way back on my consumption of saturated fat in things like red meat, cheese, chicken skin, because there is now a definite link between things like saturated fat and trans fat to dementia and Alzheimer's. Yesterday I had a roast beef sandwich but it was deli roast beef that was 95% fat free. Maybe I have a burger once a month now but I'm probably going to give that up totally.
  • link to original post

    Source ?

    Of course trans fat is garbage but I read saturated fat (from grass-fed / organic sources) is great for your health. Eat the chicken skin and all the fat in your steak. Plenty of grass fed butter. And it’s delicious…your body craves it probably because it’s good for you
    It’s all about making that GTA
    billryan
    billryan
    Joined: Nov 2, 2009
    • Threads: 193
    • Posts: 11783
    September 20th, 2021 at 1:21:49 PM permalink
    I can't imagine choosing to eat the same meal every day. I even try to mix up my dogs meals a bit. I'll have an energy shake every morning but I can mix it up quite a bit.
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    Joined: Jul 18, 2010
    • Threads: 434
    • Posts: 25333
    September 20th, 2021 at 3:22:29 PM permalink
    Quote: billryan

    I can't imagine choosing to eat the same meal every day.



    Millions of people eat the same thing for breakfast everyday their whole lives. Cereal and toast or bacon and eggs or whatever. You want something that's a no-brainer, something you don't have to work at or be creative about, you just make it and eat it. My dad ate oatmeal and toast every day before he went to work for 40 years, on Sundays we might have pancakes. My mother made fried eggs in a hole for us up till we were in high school. We never questioned it or wanted anything else. There was hardly ever cereal in the house because it was too expensive. Eggs and bread were cheap. Eggs in a hole is where you take a piece of white bread and use a glass tumbler to cut out a round hole in the middle of the bread. Put the bread in the greased frying pan and put an egg in the middle & turn it over a few minutes later. Really quite good.

    "It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
    jjjoooggg
    jjjoooggg
    Joined: Jul 13, 2012
    • Threads: 34
    • Posts: 1053
    September 20th, 2021 at 3:48:02 PM permalink
    Quote: EvenBob

    Quote: jjjoooggg



    I didnt put enough water. So the fish exploded. But it tasted good. ]



    I do not understand what you did. If you cook something on a plate it's not going to explode like that unless it's an egg. A piece of fish by itself would be fine.
  • link to original post



    I cooked cod. Then salmon. Not realizing only butter was left. I think the water keeps the temp low.
    Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
    rxwine
    rxwine
    Joined: Feb 28, 2010
    • Threads: 172
    • Posts: 10349
    September 20th, 2021 at 4:56:02 PM permalink
    Quote: Ace2

    Quote: EvenBob

    Quote: lilredrooster

    _________

    .

  • link to original post



    I have cut way back on my consumption of saturated fat in things like red meat, cheese, chicken skin, because there is now a definite link between things like saturated fat and trans fat to dementia and Alzheimer's. Yesterday I had a roast beef sandwich but it was deli roast beef that was 95% fat free. Maybe I have a burger once a month now but I'm probably going to give that up totally.
  • link to original post

    Source ?

    Of course trans fat is garbage but I read saturated fat (from grass-fed / organic sources) is great for your health. Eat the chicken skin and all the fat in your steak. Plenty of grass fed butter. And it’s delicious…your body craves it probably because it’s good for you
  • link to original post



    And you need some fat for testosterone. There's some debate that ground red meat is more the culprit of bad health effects than prime cuts.
    Everything is in high definition today except Bigfoot and UFOs
    Ace2
    Ace2
    Joined: Oct 2, 2017
    • Threads: 24
    • Posts: 1070
    September 20th, 2021 at 5:19:16 PM permalink
    Yep. If you look at a list of testosterone boosting foods they’re almost all high fat. The number one meal would probably be steak and eggs. Testosterone is formed from cholesterol

    I see recommendations that 70% of your calories should come from healthy fat
    It’s all about making that GTA
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    Joined: Jul 18, 2010
    • Threads: 434
    • Posts: 25333
    September 20th, 2021 at 5:27:54 PM permalink
    Quote: Ace2[/q

    Source ?

  • link to original post



    Google. Try it sometime.

    " In a study of more than 1,200 people, researchers show that individuals with higher levels of saturated fats in their blood are more likely to develop dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease."

    https://www.brightfocus.org/alzheimers-disease/article/consuming-certain-types-fats-linked-dementia

    There is a ton of information out there on the subject. The best thing to do is avoid saturated fat totally, especially if you're over 40.
    "It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
    Ace2
    Ace2
    Joined: Oct 2, 2017
    • Threads: 24
    • Posts: 1070
    September 20th, 2021 at 6:25:31 PM permalink
    Quote: EvenBob

    Quote: Ace2[/q

    Source ?

  • link to original post



    Google. Try it sometime.

    " In a study of more than 1,200 people, researchers show that individuals with higher levels of saturated fats in their blood are more likely to develop dementia, including Alzheimer’s disease."

    https://www.brightfocus.org/alzheimers-disease/article/consuming-certain-types-fats-linked-dementia

    There is a ton of information out there on the subject. The best thing to do is avoid saturated fat totally, especially if you're over 40.
  • link to original post

    So something humans have been eating for eons, something we ate throughout evolution…is now bad for us? Makes no sense
    It’s all about making that GTA
    EvenBob
    EvenBob
    Joined: Jul 18, 2010
    • Threads: 434
    • Posts: 25333
    September 20th, 2021 at 7:34:10 PM permalink
    Quote: Ace2

    So something humans have been eating for eons, something we ate throughout evolution…is now bad for us? Makes no sense[



    It makes perfect sense. Before 1900 heart disease was almost unknown because people died before they were old enough to get it. It wasn't until the twentieth century and people started living longer that heart disease started to show up. There has always been dementia among the elderly in every century but it was looked at as being just another thing that happened when people got old. It wasn't until after World War II and people started living longer and longer that dementia and Alzheimer's started to become a real problem and investigations into it's causes were started. They have suspected a link between saturated fat and dementia and Alzheimer's for at least 25 years but there were no hard facts. But now there are and there is a definite link.

    "A total of 8630 participants and 633 cases from four independent prospective cohort studies were included in the present meta-analysis. A higher dietary saturated fat intake was significantly associated with an increased risk of 39% and 105% for Alzheimer's, and dementia 95%, respectively"

    https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29701155/

    It's even worse for you if you combine saturated fat with sugary sweet foods and starchy foods. Sure you can eat that stuff in moderation but if it's that bad for you why eat it at all. We have so much to choose from now that's good and good for you. So it's stuff that ourmom never gave you when we were 13, so what. Find other stuff to like.
    Last edited by: EvenBob on Sep 20, 2021
    "It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
    DRich
    DRich
    Joined: Jul 6, 2012
    • Threads: 78
    • Posts: 8009
    September 21st, 2021 at 7:29:08 AM permalink
    Yesterday's sustenance consisted of:





    That is all, no real food for me.
    Order from chaos

    • Jump to: