Thread Rating:

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
May 6th, 2024 at 9:43:44 PM permalink
Quote: unJon

Quote: EvenBob

Cubed turnips, onions, green pepper, cauliflower rice, and shrimp stir fry topped with fried eggs and the best condiment ever invented Tabasco sauce. It's been around since the middle of the 19th century it has three ingredients, red pepper, distilled vinegar and salt. The stuff literally keeps forever unrefrigerated.

link to original post

Watch out for that salt.
link to original post

What salt, in the Tabasco? Any amount of Tabasco I use any one time you couldn't even measure the salt content it's so small
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 6th, 2024 at 9:46:50 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Nut low condiment list: mustard, horseradish, sauerkraut, Tabasco.
link to original post

I agree except for the sauerkraut which is pure salt. Also fresh ground pepper is on the list. Not that powdery crap that comes in pepper shakers I'm talking about fresh peppercorns that you grind yourself. I have an electric battery operated pepper grinder that was a great investment. And the peppercorns have to be fresh because all the flavor is in the moisture that's in the peppercorns. In the powdery stuff that most people use there's no moisture at all.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
May 7th, 2024 at 12:19:22 AM permalink
The salt in Tabasco looks negligible, 35mg / tsp.
That's about one third of what Texas Pete claims.
May the cards fall in your favor.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 7th, 2024 at 8:28:47 AM permalink
Quote: Dieter

link to original post

That's for one teaspoon of Tabasco sauce. I dispense it drops at a time and I would be lucky if I use a teaspoon for an entire meal
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 16
May 7th, 2024 at 10:55:46 AM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Quote: Dieter

link to original post

That's for one teaspoon of Tabasco sauce. I dispense it drops at a time and I would be lucky if I use a teaspoon for an entire meal
link to original post

Surely. I also only use a few drops.
Hot sauce isn't like Angostura, where you drink it by the shot.
May the cards fall in your favor.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
May 7th, 2024 at 4:53:46 PM permalink
Today for dinner I had a Backyard BBQ. BBQ chicken, pork patty, sweet corn, mashed potato, and a chocolate brownie.

At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 8th, 2024 at 7:34:17 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Today for dinner I had a Backyard BBQ. BBQ chicken, pork patty, sweet corn, mashed potato, and a chocolate brownie.

link to original post

Why is it called backyard, is that a suggested place to eat it, next to the garbage can? I don't know how much you would have to pay me to eat this but it would be a lot.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
May 8th, 2024 at 8:28:10 AM permalink

link to original post

These were banned in Russian gulags and North Korean prison camps as too unhealthy.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
EvenBob
EvenBob
May 8th, 2024 at 11:18:54 AM permalink
Quote: rxwine

link to original post

These were banned in Russian gulags and North Korean prison camps as too unhealthy.
link to original post

Yet there are Americans who think this stuff qualifies as actual food. 700 calories, 24 G of fat, 1500 mg of salt, and 90 carbs. There are basically four different items in the container and you have a list of ingredients that is well over a hundred items long. Over 30 different ingredients just in the corn. This gives processed food an entirely new meaning.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
May 8th, 2024 at 11:32:38 AM permalink
I drink a lot of OJ. I prefer high pulp. I think it's healthier. Just cracked open a new one this morning and I see it's kosher. WTF. What's the difference between kosher and non kosher OJ???????? Is the diff simply a fantasy blessing???

Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
  • Jump to: