Thread Rating:

billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 178
May 2nd, 2021 at 6:37:25 PM permalink
Picked up a dozen homemade sausage and cheese ravioli-type pasta at the Farmers Market yesterday and cooked them today.
They were each about the size of a hockey puck and the instructions said to boil them for five minutes and then air fry them for three more. They were okay, but next time I'll skip the air fryer. $15 for a dozen, with a serving suggestion of four per.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 98
May 2nd, 2021 at 6:40:00 PM permalink
For lunch, a can of turkey chili topped with cheddar.
For dinner, one of those Hormel refrigerated pot roasts, with about a cup of green beans cooked separately and then added to it.
smoothgrh
smoothgrh
  • Threads: 66
May 2nd, 2021 at 7:41:13 PM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Iíve read that outside of the US, peanutbutter is not common and generally viewed as gross American food.

Thanks for this comment.

It led me to this video: https://youtu.be/taeZWyyv5eU

Then, by coincidence, I was suggested a video of Stephen Colbert interviewing John Oliver, in which Oliver says "The first time my wife went to England, she said 'I can't believe how little peanut butter you have in things here.'"

Tonight I ate pre-cooked pasta, chicken, and vegetables from the Costco refrigerated section. Just heat and eat. It has enough flavor to be decent. You can add parmesan cheese and chili flakes if you want to step it up.
Wellbush
Wellbush
  • Threads: 4
May 3rd, 2021 at 12:03:53 PM permalink
We love peanut butter down here in Oz. The frozen sections of supermarkets have plenty of variety in the ready-to-eat-meals department, too. I like the healthy vegetarian curries
Don't poke the bear!

• Jump to: