pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
September 25th, 2017 at 4:41:30 PM permalink
http://www.flyody.com/home.aspx

Upcoming flights from North American locations (like JFK) to London City airport on new 40 passenger Bombardier aircraft with all lie flat beds (normal configuration is 125 seats in 24 rows of five seats). If your time is so important that you can't take the train in from Heathrow than this is your flight.

It's not really sybaritic luxury, as these flights are more for the hardcore workaholic. In the past similar flights allow you to dine at JFK airport so that you can maximize sleep time on the plane, and even bypass the shower and go right to work in London.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
September 26th, 2017 at 12:12:08 AM permalink
Yeah, sign me up. Heathrow is a bloody mess. And intl travel configurations on US based airlines are criminal. (I did like IcelandicAir, though); nice to have a sleeping seat. Next time through, I'll take the tube into town. I hired a car service for RT last time, and it was a long, expensive drive in.

Otoh, CDG (Paris) was worth the car. I took the Metro in from Orly, and had waaaay too much baggage for all the stairs. Hardly any elevators or escalators there. So I booked a car service to leave. Turned out to be a ride share with him picking up people in Monmartre, and he had the damnedest time in the little one-way streets getting to them. But it was a great tour, lol.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
September 26th, 2017 at 12:48:30 AM permalink
Quote: pacomartin

http://www.flyody.com/home.aspx

Upcoming flights from North American locations (like JFK) to London City airport on new 40 passenger Bombardier aircraft with all lie flat beds (normal configuration is 125 seats in 24 rows of five seats). If your time is so important that you can't take the train in from Heathrow than this is your flight.

It's not really sybaritic luxury, as these flights are more for the hardcore workaholic. In the past similar flights allow you to dine at JFK airport so that you can maximize sleep time on the plane, and even bypass the shower and go right to work in London.

Reading about the aircraft, it seems like it JFK-LCY is really pushing its range and a good solid headwind would force a refuel somewhere on the westward journey (Shannon, Gander), which would upset its high-class travelers. It's a great concept however, to revive city center airports with aircraft that are efficient and quiet. Billy Bishop in downtown Toronto is a great example of that and is ideal for this kind of jet.

This was a really costly venture for Bomabardier; hope it pays off for them.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
  • Jump to: