MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
December 23rd, 2015 at 8:22:00 AM permalink
Quote: HeySlick

I fought for this country (Korea 67/68 Vietnam 68/69). For some reason the powers that be, believe it's time for a woman President --- what next? elect an homosexual or maybe a transgender/bisexual President -- WTF? has happened to our once great nation/Country?

It's called Equality In Fact.

Check THIS out.

Your mantra seems to be "I served my country, to hell with blacks and queers;" what do you say about the death of this soldier?

The world has changed; keep up or get the hell out of the way.
"What, me worry?"
HeySlick
HeySlick
  • Threads: 3
December 23rd, 2015 at 8:48:45 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Check THIS out.

Your mantra seems to be "I served my country, to hell with blacks and queers;" what do you say about the death of this soldier?

BS! (the bolded area above). It's unfortunate that female soldier lost her life. I never said any such thing about blacks and queers (that's your term of endearment). I did say that just because we've elected a Black man as President does that mean the next one should be a woman, or maybe a homosexual/transgender/bisexual - how about we elect someone who's competent & respects the Constitution.

How convenient of you to overlook my comment (last post pg.5) regarding the BLM protestors potentially rioting at the MOA today.

edit/add
Instead of meaningless protests, why doesn't BLM actually do something to show that black lives do in fact matter? How about going into these hard-core, gang-infested cities and giving black youth something to do? How about teaching black children the importance of getting an education? How about revitalizing inner cities where there is nothing but decay and despair? How about putting out Public Service Announcements that there is hope and alternatives to violence? If black lives matter, then do something for the black community. Yes, there is police brutality, but that is far from the main problem plaguing black communities.
MrV
MrV
December 23rd, 2015 at 9:19:55 AM permalink

I did say that just because we've elected a Black man as President does that mean the next one should be a woman, or maybe a homosexual/transgender/bisexual - how about we elect someone who's competent & respects the Constitution.

That statement shows your antedeluvian prejudices, HeySlick.

There is no reason a "woman, or maybe a homosexual/transgender/bisexual" can not be competent enough to hold any political office.

Please explain how a person's gender or sexual preferences affect competence.

In the end, it is up to we WHO VOTE to choose; guys like you who bitch and moan and throw greasy popcorn at the movie screen and don't vote really don't count.
"What, me worry?"
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
December 23rd, 2015 at 9:42:39 AM permalink

Check THIS out.

It looked, or sounded, like you were shouting out to Slick. I also read your post, did the links, spent some time in thought. I try, at times, intermittent times, to become a better man, a better person. I admit I'm a bit slow, I ask only for some patience as I try to catch up with the world......
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 9:51:03 AM permalink

That statement shows your antedeluvian prejudices, HeySlick.

There is no reason a "woman, or maybe a homosexual/transgender/bisexual" can not be competent enough to hold any political office.

Please explain how a person's gender or sexual preferences affect competence.

In the end, it is up to we WHO VOTE to choose; guys like you who bitch and moan and throw greasy popcorn at the movie screen and don't vote really don't count.

No it doesn't. This country will NEVER elect a sexually confused individual as President.....period. Unlike you and other liberals I have traditional moral values - America was never founded on the principles you subscribe to. Why don't you try convincing radical Muslim terrorist they need to get with the times - i.e., allow more diversity within their ranks e.g., Homosexuals and transgender individuals.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 23rd, 2015 at 9:57:28 AM permalink
When Obama was running for president in (2008 or whatever it was), of course people were talking about the presidential election. They asked whom I'd vote for, I said McCain. I asked them whom they'd vote for, some said Obama. I asked why. A huge majority of people said something to the tune of "because he's black". That is a problem. And the same thing will be a problem in the future, when women/gay/transgender/Mexican/etc. run for president.
MrV
MrV
December 23rd, 2015 at 10:02:29 AM permalink

This country will NEVER elect a sexually confused individual as President.....period. Unlike you and other liberals I have traditional moral values - America was never founded on the principles you subscribe to. Why don't you try convincing radical Muslim terrorist they need to get with the times - i.e., allow more diversity within their ranks e.g., Homosexuals and transgender individuals.

America has changed from the agrarian backwater it was in 1776, and the times, mores and political values have changed with it.

While I'm no authority on the subject, I suspect there were about as many homosexuals and cross-dressers in Days of Yore as there are today: people are people.

BTW you have no idea as to my "moral values:" you only know what little you glean from this board, which is a mere snippet.

FWIW I consider myself socially liberal, fiscally and militarily conservative, and always vote Libertarian whenever possible.
"What, me worry?"
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 23rd, 2015 at 10:10:04 AM permalink

America has changed from the agrarian backwater it was in 1776, and the times, mores and political values have changed with it.

While I'm no authority on the subject, I suspect there were about as many homosexuals and cross-dressers in Days of Yore as there are today: people are people.

BTW you have no idea as to my "moral values:" you only know what little you glean from this board, which is a mere snippet.

FWIW I consider myself socially liberal, fiscally and militarily conservative, and always vote Libertarian whenever possible.

Dear MrV, methinks you stepped over a line that you meant not to. Maybe you can get a one day suspension, cause I like to read what you write. You know we love you here, right?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 23rd, 2015 at 10:13:14 AM permalink
Quick catch MrV, nice edit.
No one saw it, I swear....
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
December 23rd, 2015 at 10:21:45 AM permalink

Instead of meaningless protests, why doesn't BLM actually do something to show that black lives do in fact matter? How about going into these hard-core, gang-infested cities and giving black youth something to do? How about teaching black children the importance of getting an education? How about revitalizing inner cities where there is nothing but decay and despair? How about putting out Public Service Announcements that there is hope and alternatives to violence? If black lives matter, then do something for the black community. Yes, there is police brutality, but that is far from the main problem plaguing black communities.

All the hateful crap you've spewed in this thread aside, I can actually agree with this.
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
December 23rd, 2015 at 10:35:30 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Quick catch MrV, nice edit.
No one saw it, I swear....

Yeah I was confused on how his post was offensive. I have second thoughts posting on this site more than anywhere else.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 23rd, 2015 at 10:36:57 AM permalink
I don't like the title of this thread, a title not chosen by the OP, which is hard to define cause it's actually a spin-off thread.
I suggest "frustrated vent from HeySlick, incl Muslims and Blacks"
Maybe that's not best either....
I do not like the thread title, did I say that already?
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 10:40:15 AM permalink
Quote: RS

When Obama was running for president in (2008 or whatever it was), of course people were talking about the presidential election. They asked whom I'd vote for, I said McCain. I asked them whom they'd vote for, some said Obama. I asked why. A huge majority of people said something to the tune of "because he's black". That is a problem. And the same thing will be a problem in the future, when women/gay/transgender/Mexican/etc. run for president.

I feel/believe you're mistaken about a woman or Mexican running for President as being problematic - isn't there a woman and two Mexican candidates (Cruz, Rubio) vying for that position right now? Competence unfortunately has NO bearing whatsoever on who gets elected currently --- it's coming down to some kind of right of passage issue. I don't feel/think Trump (to honest) will get the nomination -- the truth doesn't matter any longer, the biggest liar will be our next President.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 23rd, 2015 at 10:49:34 AM permalink

Quote: RS

I feel/believe you're mistaken about a woman or Mexican running for President as being problematic - isn't there a woman and two Mexican candidates (Cruz, Rubio) vying for that position right now? Competence unfortunately has NO bearing whatsoever on who gets elected currently --- it's coming down to some kind of right of passage issue. I don't feel/think Trump (to honest) will get the nomination -- the truth doesn't matter any longer, the biggest liar will be our next President.

I'm lost again. Did you accuse Cruz or Rubio of being a women? Or Mexican women? Or just being a candidate ( which I must admit is just cause for some suspicion )
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 23rd, 2015 at 10:55:11 AM permalink
Hey Slick, you are 'up there' - good to see someone your age on the internet. I figure you are 80-something.

Korean War ended in 1953; if you were 17 in 1953 [got in by lying about your age] you'd have to be at least 79. If you were at least 19 as almost all were, at least, you are at least 81.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 11:05:50 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

Hey Slick, you are 'up there' - good to see someone your age on the internet. I figure you are 80-something.

Korean War ended in 1953; if you were 17 in 1953 [got in by lying about your age] you'd have to be at least 79. If you were at least 19 as almost all were, at least, you are at least 81.

I never stated I fought in the Korean War - I did say my tour of duty consisted of (Korea 67/68 Vietnam 68/69) FYI I'll turn 69 in March of next year. BTW I was in Korea (1968) when our supposed spy ship (the Pueblo) was captured by the north Koreans.
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 11:15:54 AM permalink
TwoFeatherALT

I'm lost again. Did you accuse Cruz or Rubio of being a women? Or Mexican women? Or just being a candidate ( which I must admit is just cause for some suspicion )

NO -- I said isn't there a woman (Hilary Clinton) and two Mexicans (Cruz,Rubio) vying for that position -- I guess I shouldn't assume most people know what gender those last two individuals are.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 23rd, 2015 at 11:39:00 AM permalink

TwoFeatherALT

NO -- I said isn't there a woman (Hilary Clinton) and two Mexicans (Cruz,Rubio) vying for that position -- I guess I shouldn't assume most people know what gender those last two individuals are.

There are 2 women (Clinton and Fiorina), and 2 Cuban-Americans (Cruz, Rubio) running. No Mexicans. I'm guessing they're hard for you to tell apart.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 11:51:49 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

There are 2 women (Clinton and Fiorina), and 2 Cuban-Americans (Cruz, Rubio) running. No Mexicans. I'm guessing they're hard for you to tell apart.

NO there's ONE female Democrat running for President - I didn't mean to offend either one of those two Cuban-Americans candidates by referring to them as Mexicans.
Dalex64
Dalex64
  • Threads: 1
December 23rd, 2015 at 12:06:54 PM permalink
There is also one female Republican running for President.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carly_Fiorina_presidential_campaign,_2016
MrV
MrV
December 23rd, 2015 at 12:12:38 PM permalink
Quote:

There is also one female Republican running for President.

Don't distract the poor guy with facts: he's on a roll.
"What, me worry?"
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 12:18:13 PM permalink
She isn't going to be in the race much longer - I over looked her because she's SO low in the polls. I really feel/maybe some fear as well -- the country will give Obama another term in office by electing that habitual liar Hilary Clinton.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
December 23rd, 2015 at 12:28:06 PM permalink

She isn't going to be in the race much longer .

I like how she constantly refers to herself
as 'president Fiorina', that always cracks
me up. Or when Lindsey Graham, polling
at under 1%, dropped out and whines
about how hard he worked to get ready
to be commander in chief. You have to
wonder, are these people for real? They
can't be serious.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 12:32:44 PM permalink

Don't distract the poor guy with facts: he's on a roll.

She's insignificant - too small or unimportant to be worth consideration. BTW I can even chew gum and walk at the same time. Your know - it - all attitude reminds me of something Harry S Truman once said:

"The only things worth learning are the things you learn after you know it all"

- Harry S Truman -

edit/add

I'm done for now - me and my two 20lb. dumbbells are going for a walk in my community -- btw I've been doing that routine for well over 12 years. Why join some health spa or gym when I can do it for free and be outside.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 23rd, 2015 at 2:00:50 PM permalink

I never stated I fought in the Korean War - I did say my tour of duty consisted of (Korea 67/68 Vietnam 68/69) FYI I'll turn 69 in March of next year. BTW I was in Korea (1968) when our supposed spy ship (the Pueblo) was captured by the north Koreans.

Sorry, I jumped to conclusions.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
MrV
MrV
December 23rd, 2015 at 2:45:27 PM permalink

me and my two 20lb. dumbbells are going for a walk in my community -- btw I've been doing that routine for well over 12 years. Why join some health spa or gym when I can do it for free and be outside.

I agree with you about the value of walking in our daily lives.

I walk regularly, to get a bit of cardio exercise; I also go daily to a fitness center where I do a daily routine involving Keiser weight machines (much better than free weights, or bowflex, I think).

You and I may disagree on some things, but there is no arguing the benefits of regular exercise; if nothing else it should allow us a longer lifespan and with it the ability to contribute more circular discussions.
"What, me worry?"
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 3:55:18 PM permalink

I agree with you about the value of walking in our daily lives.

I walk regularly, to get a bit of cardio exercise; I also go daily to a fitness center where I do a daily routine involving Keiser weight machines (much better than free weights, or bowflex, I think).

You and I may disagree on some things, but there is no arguing the benefits of regular exercise; if nothing else it should allow us a longer lifespan and with it the ability to contribute more circular discussions.

I'm not to sure about getting circular -- however, I do get inverted on my Teeter board at times, sure relieves the stiffness in my neck after overdoing it with my dumbbells --- accumulating/&or lifting several tons over the span of 2 hours or so. I refuse to let myself get physically weak in my old - er. age days of tomorrow.
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
December 23rd, 2015 at 5:32:10 PM permalink

She isn't going to be in the race much longer - I over looked her because she's SO low in the polls.

Trump, is that you??
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 6:49:27 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

Trump, is that you??

You're funny LOL - dontcha you think that emoticon of yours, says a lot about your political persuasion?
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
December 23rd, 2015 at 7:52:59 PM permalink

You're funny LOL - dontcha you think that emoticon of yours, says a lot about your political persuasion?

And here I thought that the avatars were there to be a picture to associate with the poster.

So you're saying that my political persuasion is biased towards blondes without underwear?

And Evenbob is in favour of animals running for office?

And yours, being generic, you don't have any interest in defined political persuasions?

I must be new at this.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 23rd, 2015 at 8:27:15 PM permalink
Quote: Dodsferd

And here I thought that the avatars were there to be a picture to associate with the poster.

So you're saying that my political persuasion is biased towards blondes without underwear?

And yours, being generic, you don't have any interest in defined political persuasions?

I must be new at this.

How can I be politically persuaded when I still refer to avatars as emoticons?
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 24th, 2015 at 2:18:05 AM permalink

I must be new at this.

I think you're "new" at this..
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
December 24th, 2015 at 10:57:14 AM permalink

I'm not going to vote --- I fought for this country (Korea 67/68 Vietnam 68/69). For some reason the powers that be, believe it's time for a woman President --- what next? elect an homosexual or maybe a transgender/bisexual President -- WTF? has happened to our once great nation/Country?

When you joined the service you swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. In the opening post of this thread, you suggested that President Obama is an "overt Muslim." I don't believe that's true, and I don't think you're using the word "overt" properly, but let's set that aside and take your accusation as a given. In which case -- so what?

The Constitution you swore to support explicitly says "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States" (U.S. Const. art. VI, § 3), so why should you care about the faith of the President?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 24th, 2015 at 11:16:53 AM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

When you joined the service you swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. In the opening post of this thread, you suggested that President Obama is an "overt Muslim." I don't believe that's true, and I don't think you're using the word "overt" properly, but let's set that aside and take your accusation as a given. In which case -- so what?

The Constitution you swore to support explicitly says "no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States" (U.S. Const. art. VI, § 3), so why should you care about the faith of the President?

BS!!! I'm a civilian ---- edit I meant covert

To one and all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rOPZoX6ZSnE

one of favorite xmas tunes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3HJgCcSUqQ
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
December 24th, 2015 at 12:09:38 PM permalink

When you joined the service you swore an oath to support and defend the Constitution. In the opening post of this thread, you suggested that President Obama is an "overt Muslim." I don't believe that's true ... but let's set that aside and take your accusation as a given. In which case -- so what?

BS!!! I'm a civilian

Of course you are today, Korea 2 and Vietnam were almost 50 years ago. But you weren't a civilian then, which means you did swear to support the Constitution when you were drafted. Are you saying you've renounced your oath and no longer bear allegiance to the Constitution? Or was your statement "I fought for this country in Korea and Vietnam" intended to give the false impression that you were in the military?

Regardless of whether you did or did not swear the Oath of Enlistment, and whether you still feel obligated to that oath, the Constitution says what it says. Do you disagree with Article VI? Do you believe there should be a faith test for holding public office? If not, why do you care about the faith of the President?
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 24th, 2015 at 12:38:55 PM permalink
The oath is for an indeterminate period; no duration is specifically defined. FYI The obligation is for the term (s) of service e.g., Draftees served for 2 years, enlistees 3 years. I don't owe my soul to that oath endlessly neither do most who served -- stop being so self - righteous.

If you're SO smart answer my simple little question below

Can you name a day of the week (Monday-Sunday) that doesn't have the word day in it?
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 24th, 2015 at 12:51:23 PM permalink

Can you name a day of the week (Monday-Sunday) that doesn't have the word day in it?

Tomorrow. :-)
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
December 24th, 2015 at 12:52:08 PM permalink

The oath is for an indeterminate period; no duration is specifically defined. FYI The obligation is for the term (s) of service e.g., Draftees served for 2 years, enlistees 3 years. I don't owe my soul to that oath endlessly neither do most who served -- stop being so self - righteous.

You're dodging my questions far better than you dodged the draft. Do you disagree with Article VI of the Constitution? Do you believe there should be a faith test for holding public office? If not, why do you care about the faith of the President?
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 24th, 2015 at 1:12:25 PM permalink

You're dodging my questions far better than you dodged the draft. Do you disagree with Article VI of the Constitution? Do you believe there should be a faith test for holding public office? If not, why do you care about the faith of the President?

Are you insinuating I'm lying about serving in the Army? I joined the Army in Aug. of 1966 and received a draft notice while I was in basic training (Ft. Lewis). At that time the Army was using this adage "choice not chance" so I joined instead of leaving chance up to the powers that be --- what a freaking joke that turned out to be. I wanted to serve in Germany - The Army sent me to Korea -- BTW Korea was considered 'hardship duty'. Supposedly soldiers didn't have to serve more than one hardship tour in their enlistment term (3 years). That turned out to be untrue --- I got levied to Vietnam 6 month later (back to back hardship tours).
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 24th, 2015 at 1:15:50 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Tomorrow. :-)

You got it right -- most folks don't

Ibeatyouraces, here's another one for you

If Ella Fitzgerald married Darth Vader what would her name be?
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
December 24th, 2015 at 1:46:18 PM permalink

If Ella Fitzgerald married Darth Vader what would her name be?

Ella Skywalker
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 24th, 2015 at 1:52:20 PM permalink

Ella Skywalker

Huh? Mrs Ella Vader

If Kitty Wells married Conway Twitty what would her married name be?
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
December 24th, 2015 at 1:54:30 PM permalink

Are you insinuating I'm lying about serving in the Army? I joined the Army in Aug. of 1966 and received a draft notice while I was in basic training (Ft. Lewis.

No, I believe you served. I don't believe you support the Constitution and perhaps you never did even when you swore to. I'm not going to ask again whether you believe in a faith test for public office, or why you care about the President's faith, because it's clear you're not going to answer. But think about whether your opinion is more or less well-considered than Thomas Jefferson's was when he specifically laid out the policy against a faith test. The freedoms you ostensibly fought to preserve didn't exist when the Constitution was drafted.
MrV
MrV
December 24th, 2015 at 1:58:36 PM permalink

]Do you disagree with Article VI of the Constitution? Do you believe there should be a faith test for holding public office? If not, why do you care about the faith of the President?

Don't expect a cogent response: did you note the source he cited to in his opening post?

WND.

A truly whacko quasi-religious conservative conspiracy site.

They serve up half-baked ideas to those seemingly unable to think and analyze the issue clearly for themselves, who then spout them as gospel.

Sort of like Rush Limbaugh, but without the addiction to pain pills.
"What, me worry?"
Dodsferd
Dodsferd
December 24th, 2015 at 2:18:21 PM permalink

Huh? Mrs Ella Vader

If Kitty Wells married Conway Twitty what would her married name be?

Incorrect.

Anakin Skywalker is Vader's actual name. Darth Vader is the Sith name that was bestowed upon him by Darth Sidious. Anakin's name doesn't change, he just adopts a new one.

Edit; It's not even his name to be honest, it's a title.
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 24th, 2015 at 2:30:02 PM permalink

Incorrect.

Anakin Skywalker is Vader's actual name. Darth Vader is the Sith name that was bestowed upon him by Darth Sidious. Anakin's name doesn't change, he just adopts a new one.

Come on man - stop being such a stick in the mud. I suppose now your going to change Kitty Wells stage name so my question above doesn't have any humor to it. Mrs Kitty Twitty is funny
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
December 24th, 2015 at 2:30:42 PM permalink

Incorrect.

Edit; It's not even his name to be honest, it's a title.

Also the name of a small town in Washington about 90 minutes north of Portland.

http://www.vaderwa.org/
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
December 24th, 2015 at 2:33:34 PM permalink

Do you disagree with Article VI? Do you believe there should be a faith test for holding public office?

There are plenty of ways to argue with HeySlick, but I don't see questioning his allegiance to the Constitution as the best one --- I suspect there are lots of people that wouldn't mind a religious test for the office of the presidency. Disagreeing with parts of the Constitution? Shocking.

Plenty of college students don't seem to be happy with the first amendment, I'd guess millions of citizens have problems with the 2nd.
HeySlick
HeySlick
December 24th, 2015 at 2:51:41 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

There are plenty of ways to argue with HeySlick, but I don't see questioning his allegiance to the Constitution as the best one --- I suspect there are lots of people that wouldn't mind a religious test for the office of the presidency. Disagreeing with parts of the Constitution? Shocking.

Plenty of college students don't seem to be happy with the first amendment, I'd guess millions of citizens have problems with the 2nd.

I don't have a problem/or issue with Article VI -- IMO President Obama is deceitful that's my biggest qualm -- there isn't much honesty or integrity in today's political climate.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
December 24th, 2015 at 2:58:27 PM permalink
Quote: Calder

I'm not suggesting that anything is wrong with disagreeing with the Constitution per se. After all, the Constitution was amended to outlaw alcohol before saner heads prevailed, so it's clearly not an infallible document.

But I don't put much stock in criticism of another man's faith coming from someone who's broken an oath under his own, especially after holding up his military service as an example of his credibility. Implying that the President is unqualified to hold office merely because he's accused to be Muslim is ridiculous; literally, worthy of ridicule. There is no evidence or history to support the idea that managing the affairs of this country has anything to do with one's belief in a particular version of the Abrahamic deity, or even zero to N non-Abrahamic deities.
  • Jump to: