March 16th, 2015 at 5:21:33 PM permalink
Charleton Heston was married 50 years. In
Hollywood. He said the secret is learning
new ways to say I'm sorry, and You're right,
it's my Fault. In other words constantly
kiss your wife's butt to keep her from getting
angry as much as possible.

Most married men here know this & do it, if they
realize it or not. It becomes a way of life.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 16th, 2015 at 6:20:28 PM permalink
Woman "negotiated" a "year off" from marriage from her husband

Deck007
Deck007
  • Threads: 21
March 16th, 2015 at 6:45:28 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

I'm only 9 months in, but so far no regrets. So far I've found the key to be lots of open communication; don't let things fester. If you have a problem, talk about in a calm and open manner as soon as possible with your spouse, and work through it as equal partners. We've been together for almost 4 years now total, and have only really had 1 knock-down drag-out fight, which was 100% my fault. I hope to be happily married until one of us kicks the bucket.

Ace, what is your take on "prenuptial agreement".
Donald Trump swears by it. Rupert Murdoch seems to come out of it nicely, at that is what it seems in public.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 16th, 2015 at 6:57:33 PM permalink
Quote: Deck007

Donald Trump swears by it. Rupert Murdoch seems to come out of it nicely, at that is what it seems in public.

better to keep the whole pet/kid in a divorce then chopping it in half
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 6:59:24 PM permalink

Prenups are a wonderful idea - just have to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed.
Can save a bundle in the future - just be sure both sides are represented by independent counsel and it is best to have the prenup signed sealed and delivered a few months before the wedding. Want to leave a time span so one spouse cannot later allege it was "done at the last minute without time to consider it"
Deck007
Deck007
March 16th, 2015 at 7:07:31 PM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

Prenups are a wonderful idea - just have to make sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed.
Can save a bundle in the future - just be sure both sides are represented by independent counsel and it is best to have the prenup signed sealed and delivered a few months before the wedding. Want to leave a time span so one spouse cannot later allege it was "done at the last minute without time to consider it"

Aren't you worried this would put you out of business
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 7:26:32 PM permalink

Aren't you worried this would put you out of business

and how often do people really take the best advice out there…?
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
March 16th, 2015 at 7:42:20 PM permalink
Issues arise in divorce cases that a prenuptial agreement does not control.

For example: child custody and support of children born of the marriage.
"What, me worry?"
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 16th, 2015 at 8:49:28 PM permalink

My wife and I did not get a prenup. Which is to my detriment as I brought much more cash into the marriage than she did. On the other hand, she is an only child and her parents have waaayyy more money than my parents (and I have 2 siblings). So depending on when said theoretical divorce happens, I could make out pretty well. But, hopefully a moot point.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
Deck007
Deck007
March 16th, 2015 at 9:32:42 PM permalink

My wife and I did not get a prenup. Which is to my detriment as I brought much more cash into the marriage than she did. On the other hand, she is an only child and her parents have waaayyy more money than my parents (and I have 2 siblings). So depending on when said theoretical divorce happens, I could make out pretty well. But, hopefully a moot point.

So you did not take your own advice.

I thought only the divorce attorney wins and not the principals.
So if the theoretical happens you are looking at hefty attorney fees.
I heard that in these cases the first question your attorney ask is who is the judge and other party attorney who could be acting in concert with one another.
The judge will appoint a custody consultant whose decision is sometimes based on which party pays him the most money.
Your future income is also taken into account.
Jack Welch may have a fantastic pension but his alimony payments to his 2 or 3 ex-wife has put him in the poor house.
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
  • Threads: 0
March 16th, 2015 at 11:04:39 PM permalink
http://www.avclub.com/article/itoo-close-for-comforti-for-every-man-theres-two-w-70558

I believe I saw a very special episode of Too Close For Comfort about that.

Quote: ThatDonGuy

It's only rape if you're forced against your will. Not only do you have no right to "retain your man card," but just saying that such a thing exists implies that men who don't "have theirs any more" are somehow inferior.

Also, if a woman forces herself onto a man sexually, how do you expect the police to react?
(a) "Ma'am, you're under arrest for rape"
(b) pause, then, "Nice...."

BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
  • Threads: 0
March 16th, 2015 at 11:08:03 PM permalink

Holy crap you just described Dan Bilzerian!
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
March 17th, 2015 at 7:32:51 AM permalink

And you should add to that that the couple has to watch the movie Intolerable Cruelty.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
March 17th, 2015 at 7:57:22 AM permalink

Woman "negotiated" a "year off" from marriage from her husband

So, I don't get it... How do you go from "I want to have a baby with my husband" to "I'm going to have an affair for the sex, and not have a baby"? Apparently she just suddenly lost the desire to have a baby and found out that nah, all she really wanted was sex... from someone else?
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
March 17th, 2015 at 8:06:34 AM permalink
Quote: Romes

So, I don't get it... How do you go from "I want to have a baby with my husband" to "I'm going to have an affair for the sex, and not have a baby"? Apparently she just suddenly lost the desire to have a baby and found out that nah, all she really wanted was sex... from someone else?

When it comes right down to it a lot of people are mixed up. They want a family and a nice little house, but they also want danger and a new adventure. They want a life that is comfortable and secure and yet court their own destruction.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 17th, 2015 at 8:26:08 AM permalink

So, the coda to this story is that the woman is now enraged that her husband, during her "wild oats" period, was having sex with another women for a 6-month period as one of the rules was "no serious relationships"
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 17th, 2015 at 11:21:49 AM permalink

So you did not take your own advice.

I thought only the divorce attorney wins and not the principals.
So if the theoretical happens you are looking at hefty attorney fees.
I heard that in these cases the first question your attorney ask is who is the judge and other party attorney who could be acting in concert with one another.
The judge will appoint a custody consultant whose decision is sometimes based on which party pays him the most money.
Your future income is also taken into account.
Jack Welch may have a fantastic pension but his alimony payments to his 2 or 3 ex-wife has put him in the poor house.

Jesus, how hard is it to read past the first 3 letters of a screen name?

I AM NOT aceofspades!

aceofspades = divorce lawyer, never been married, frequently plays high-stakes blackjack, uses Speed Count and frequently takes abuse from the mathletes about it, goes to Vegas/AC multiple times per year, writes live trip reports, screen name has no capital letters

AcesAndEights = married, NOT a divorce lawyer, recreational card counter, never been to AC, only makes it to Vegas about once a year and never writes live trip reports.

I realize it's tough having two regular posters whose screen names start with the three letters A-C-E...try to read past those three letters. Even worse that we both primarily play blackjack.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 17th, 2015 at 11:25:39 AM permalink

I AM NOT aceofspades!

aceofspades = divorce lawyer, never been married, frequently plays high-stakes blackjack, uses Speed Count and frequently takes abuse from the mathletes about it, goes to Vegas/AC multiple times per year, writes live trip reports, screen name has no capital letters

AcesAndEights = married, NOT a divorce lawyer, recreational card counter, never been to AC, only makes it to Vegas about once a year and never writes live trip reports.

I realize it's tough having two regular posters whose screen names start with the three letters A-C-E...try to read past those three letters. Even worse that we both primarily play blackjack.

Borrowing for my signature
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 17th, 2015 at 12:45:57 PM permalink

I AM NOT aceofspades!

I just hope your dog is OK, and no angry husbands are after you. j/k
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 17th, 2015 at 1:23:35 PM permalink
too many aces in this thread so I'm posting more on positive counts
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 17th, 2015 at 1:26:19 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

too many aces in this thread so I'm posting more on positive counts

This thread is +EV
Romes
Romes
March 17th, 2015 at 1:48:56 PM permalink

This thread is +EV

Truth.
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 17th, 2015 at 3:02:12 PM permalink

I think the sex was besides the point. A baby was a means to get what she really wanted. Whether she knows it or not.

What she wanted, what she craved, lusted for,,,was power. Her little piece of the universe to guarantee her immortality.

It is the same thing everyone wants, there are many ways to go about getting it. And now she is angry about her husband having repeated pleasures with another woman. What she is angry about is losing some of her power over her husband, raising her insecurity. It is an ugly deal.

The answers lie in our basic nature. She started years ago, controlling her man with sex [as many do]. That apparently was losing some of it's ability to control him, next she comes up with a baby. Another tool to use to control him. That didn't seem to work. Then maybe make him jealous? That backfired. She is about to go beserk unless she can calm down and figure out why this is happening. It seems like he is a decent guy, or one worth keeping?

It is as sad as when a lion can no longer dominate his harem and is bloodied and ousted from the herd. Life goes on, and around.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2015 at 8:45:38 AM permalink
So a woman wrote an article about the best thing about being a woman is rejecting "nice guys"
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2015 at 9:37:45 AM permalink
Women torture man by burning his penis with curling iron and get suspended sentences — what if a group of men burned a woman's vagina?

article
Romes
Romes
March 18th, 2015 at 11:43:57 AM permalink

So a woman wrote an article about the best thing about being a woman is rejecting "nice guys"

This girl is the reason men f#$% girls and never call them back. She's an idiot with a clearly jaded view of dating because perhaps when she dated that tatted up "bad boy" she did indeed get burned? Now since she can't get back at him, because he never called her back or wanted to see her again, she takes it out on nice guys whom she's teaching care too much. Perhaps we could learn from her words... Apparently we should care less, be a^^holes, selfish, and treat women like pieces of meat, because why on Earth would we want to be the "nice guys" they just settle for to gain stability when heading out of their peak attractiveness?

p.s. I'm just making fun of this author and in no way think every woman is like that =P. But for reals, I hope her dude reads this article then sends her a compilation tape of all of the girls he's been boning behind her back for the last 3 years.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2015 at 11:51:01 AM permalink

This girl is the reason men fuck girls and never call them back. She's an idiot with a clearly jaded view of dating because perhaps when she dated that tatted up "bad boy" she did indeed get burned? Now since she can't get back at him, because he never called her back or wanted to see her again, she takes it out on nice guys whom she's teaching care too much. Perhaps we could learn from her words... Apparently we should care less, be assholes, selfish, and treat women like pieces of meat, because why on Earth would we want to be the "nice guys" they just settle for to gain stability when heading out of their peak attractiveness?

p.s. I'm just making fun of this author and in no way think every woman is like that =P. But for reals, I hope her dude reads this article then sends her a compilation tape of all of the girls he's been boning behind her back for the last 3 years.

Being a "nice guy" is -EV
Romes
Romes
March 18th, 2015 at 12:05:03 PM permalink

This girl is the reason men fuck girls and never call them back. She's an idiot with a clearly jaded view of dating because perhaps when she dated that tatted up "bad boy" she did indeed get burned? Now since she can't get back at him, because he never called her back or wanted to see her again, she takes it out on nice guys whom she's teaching care too much. Perhaps we could learn from her words... Apparently we should care less, be assholes, selfish, and treat women like pieces of meat, because why on Earth would we want to be the "nice guys" they just settle for to gain stability when heading out of their peak attractiveness?

This explains how I'm no where near my expectation then... I flipped the sign, thought it was +EV.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2015 at 12:10:10 PM permalink

This explains how I'm no where near my expectation then... I flipped the sign, thought it was +EV.

I'm still stuck using speed count
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 18th, 2015 at 12:17:59 PM permalink

You and Romes both are misunderstanding her point. She's not talking about "nice guys". She's talking about "Nice Guys".

Quote: Red

I’m talking about Nice Guys. I’m talking about the simpering, sad, eternally entitled men whose hobbies include seething with a misplaced sense of injustice

It's silly that she thinks that rejecting them is "the best part about being a woman", but hell yes, she should reject them. As should you. As should we all.

A Nice Guy I know fits every single stereotype. He's a neckbeard havin', fedora wearin' "doff of the cap" doin', "m'lady" sayin' man child that has nearly no social skills, no grooming skills, poor hygiene, and no trace of self confidence. That is all well and good. But because he's not a "man whore", because he would "treat his lady like a princess", he assumes he should (he believes he's entitled to) have a woman. And when he doesn't, he attacks women. It's their fault they wind up with losers, it's their fault they get heartbroken, they are stupid and whorish, and on and on it goes.

They are simpering, sad, eternally entitled men whose hobbies include seething with a misplaced sense of injustice. No part of them thinks "hey, maybe I should limit my Smash Brothers marathon to 4hrs every other day, and maybe do something this girl would like", or "hey, maybe I should stop my militant atheism tirade and see what she has to say", or "hey, maybe I should talk and get to know her instead of assuming I know her based on what I know of her". But they don't do that. They hold to this perception that because they do something known to be attractive (holding doors, paying for dates, offering gifts) that they are automatically qualified, and become vengeful when everything they are leaves them disqualified.

Nice Guy =/= nice guy. Nice guys are like you and me. Reasonable, respectful, understanding, you know... normal. Nice Guys are deluded, delusional, entitled little boys. $%^& Nice Guys.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
Romes
Romes
March 18th, 2015 at 12:20:52 PM permalink

I'm still stuck using speed count

Whenever you're ready Ace, you just let me know... If nothing else this thread shows us guys need to stick together lol.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2015 at 12:28:24 PM permalink
I love women who judge men based on height then are enraged when we judge them by weight!
Face
Administrator
Face
March 18th, 2015 at 1:14:30 PM permalink

I love women who judge men based on height then are enraged when we judge them by weight!

I hope you don't hate me for this unrequested observation, but...

I remember a bit ago you sort of lamenting the lack of love in your life. You didn't throw yourself a pity party, you just sort of said "whatever" to it all. One might even say you denied love. "I don't care, I'm not even looking".

Also a bit ago, might have been on DT, you talked about it again. I think it was just before the issues with your giant dog. You seemed like you were sort of sad about it, and were experiencing pain

Now this thread. I'm not saying it's wrong or unnecessary, not at all. It's interesting, for sure. But there's a little bit of hostility present. Maybe even anger.

Again, I hope me poking my nose in doesn't upset you, but...

The Seven Stages of Grief.
[x] Denial
[x] Pain
[x] Anger
[ ] Depression
[ ] Acknowledgement
[ ] Reconstruction
[ ] Acceptance

You don't have to answer, explain, or defend. It's just an observation from someone who knows a thing or two about mental anguish, and cares enough to try something. Maybe this doesn't apply, maybe you already knew but can't help it. But if you didn't know and can help it, maybe this could shed some light, and allow you to punch through this #$%^ and get right to the Acceptance.

I dunno. Thought it was worth a shot =/
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2015 at 1:29:30 PM permalink
Quote: Face

I hope you don't hate me for this unrequested observation, but...

I remember a bit ago you sort of lamenting the lack of love in your life. You didn't throw yourself a pity party, you just sort of said "whatever" to it all. One might even say you denied love. "I don't care, I'm not even looking".

Also a bit ago, might have been on DT, you talked about it again. I think it was just before the issues with your giant dog. You seemed like you were sort of sad about it, and were experiencing pain

Now this thread. I'm not saying it's wrong or unnecessary, not at all. It's interesting, for sure. But there's a little bit of hostility present. Maybe even anger.

Again, I hope me poking my nose in doesn't upset you, but...

[x] Denial
[x] Pain
[x] Anger
[ ] Depression
[ ] Acknowledgement
[ ] Reconstruction
[ ] Acceptance

You don't have to answer, explain, or defend. It's just an observation from someone who knows a thing or two about mental anguish, and cares enough to try something. Maybe this doesn't apply, maybe you already knew but can't help it. But if you didn't know and can help it, maybe this could shed some light, and allow you to punch through this #$%^ and get right to the Acceptance.

Face - I will explain - I am not in any stage of grief or lamenting a lost love…
Basically, I like to call out hypocrisy in things
The feminist movement (at least on social media and the Intertubez is ripe for the picking)

I am not angry at all - merely annoyed at things like women torturing a man and getting no jail time that, if the tables were turned, the media would be up in arms, politicians would get involved and the men would rot in jail for a good long time
Face
Administrator
Face
March 18th, 2015 at 2:09:06 PM permalink

Face - I will explain - I am not in any stage of grief or lamenting a lost love…
Basically, I like to call out hypocrisy in things
The feminist movement (at least on social media and the Intertubez is ripe for the picking)

I am not angry at all - merely annoyed at things like women torturing a man and getting no jail time that, if the tables were turned, the media would be up in arms, politicians would get involved and the men would rot in jail for a good long time

Ok, sorry. For what it's worth, I wasn't implying that you were a jilted lover or anything like that. Just throwing #$%^ at the wall to see if anything sticks.

The torture case was highly interesting, but not at all surprising. You of all people should know. "Fair" does not exist. In my world, two things are currently sucking everyone in; one was a gangsterette beating a young girl and her son / little brother for entering her "hood", the other was Lancaster dropping their "Redskins" name and mascot amidst heated debate. The hood rat got no jail time, the name dropped because of a vocal minority. Like Pops always said, "life ain't fair".

We lament double standards while at the same time living by them daily. MC got bounced for stating he "beat some black POS", which caused quite a controversy. GWAE asks "why all Brits teeth are jacked" and it gets not a peep. We can "welch" on a bet, we can be an "Indian giver", we can "gyp someone", but don't dare say someone is "greedy as a Goldstein". A man acquires many notches on his bedpost and he's a stud; a woman, a slut. A woman uses chemistry to enhance her body and she's a "goddess". A man does the same and he's a "cheater".

Life's not fair. You can deny it, be hurt by it, be mad about it, get depressed about it... or you can accept it and move the #$%^ on (see what I did there? =p)

Of course, that's just my life advice. As far as threads go, everyone likes a good airing a grievances =)
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 18th, 2015 at 2:19:00 PM permalink

Time to bring out the visual aid again.
Ace has lasted long enough without
getting married to realize this chart
is completely right. All you have to have
done is dated 6-10 women and you
know every word of this is true. It's
sobering. A good woman to marry
is very hard to find.

aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2015 at 2:26:25 PM permalink

As far as threads go, everyone likes a good airing a grievances =)

Happy Festivus
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 18th, 2015 at 2:55:58 PM permalink

[x] Denial
[x] Pain
[x] Anger
[ ] Depression
[ ] Acknowledgement
[ ] Reconstruction
[ ] Acceptance

I am trying to get to that last one.
Face
Administrator
Face
March 18th, 2015 at 3:48:27 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Time to bring out the visual aid again.
Ace has lasted long enough without
getting married to realize this chart
is completely right. All you have to have
done is dated 6-10 women and you
know every word of this is true.

It makes me die every time XD His deadpan delivery, the seriousness, "This is your redheads, strippers, anyone named Tiffany..." One of the funniest things on the net.

You forgot the Man Matrix, though. It's just as good, just as true.

EvenBob
EvenBob
March 18th, 2015 at 4:02:10 PM permalink

You forgot the Man Matrix, though. It's just as good, just as true.

That's very funny. And very true. Ugly fat
old guys with money have no trouble getting
hot women to marry them. Any truthful
woman will tell you money is always at the
top of their list in a partner. Men almost
never say that.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2015 at 4:08:21 PM permalink
Shark Tank star, now appearing on Dancing With the Stars, Robert Herjavek, dating his dancing partner (although not yet divorced from his wife)

He is a handsome guy but I am sure a half-billion dollar net worth helps

TMZ

His wife and him

Kym Johnson (his dance partner)
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
March 18th, 2015 at 7:02:20 PM permalink

I AM NOT aceofspades!

Prove it :)
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 18th, 2015 at 7:04:33 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

I AM NOT aceofspades!

Prove it :)

Who would actually want to be AoS?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 18th, 2015 at 7:12:07 PM permalink

That's very funny. And very true. Ugly fat
old guys with money have no trouble getting
hot women to marry them. Any truthful
woman will tell you money is always at the
top of their list in a partner. Men almost
never say that.

Because women rarely have enough money for it to be worth it to the guy, and if they do they do not put up with gold digging guys the way guys are blind to gold digging women.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
aceofspades
aceofspades
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
March 19th, 2015 at 11:18:33 PM permalink

Shark Tank star, now appearing on Dancing With the Stars, Robert Herjavek, dating his dancing partner (although not yet divorced from his wife)

He is a handsome guy but I am sure a half-billion dollar net worth helps

TMZ

His wife and him

Kym Johnson (his dance partner)

Of course. Females are naturally attracted to resources. And, now that means money.

Historically and evolutionarly females spend much of their adulthood pregnant and feeding kids, so they are attracted to males that can provide resources for them and their kids. That is why in general females care more about social status and fancy trinkets.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 20th, 2015 at 12:17:26 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

so they are attracted to males that can provide resources for them and their kids.

Once a woman has kids, you've lost her. From
then on, for the rest of her life, she will care
far more about the kids then she will ever care
about you. It's nature at work. It's all about
the continuance of the species, we are only
pawns in a much bigger picture.
Face
Administrator
Face
March 20th, 2015 at 12:27:06 AM permalink

Once a woman has kids, you've lost her. From then on, for the rest of her life, she will care
about you.

Pretty sure that works both ways. At least it should.
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 20th, 2015 at 12:57:31 AM permalink

, she will care far more about the kids then she will ever care about you.

I noticed the same anomaly when my wife got horses.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 20th, 2015 at 3:57:19 AM permalink

Once a woman has kids, you've lost her. From
then on, for the rest of her life, she will care
about you. It's nature at work. It's all about
the continuance of the species, we are only
pawns in a much bigger picture.

Pretty sure that works both ways. At least it should.

It is nature at work and a reason many marriages fall apart. A guy I deal with says it this way: "Men are in love with their wives, women are in love with their children." Some people get "offended" and this and explain how they know lots of good fathers, etc. But in the end if you look around it explains a lot. And it is true.

Most women want to have kids. Among men I think only about 50% really do, at least on the same level. A higher number accept having kids as the price of having a woman in their lives. But they did not grow up thinking about when they could have them.

We have all seen the case of the couple that marries relatively young, say early 20s. They are happy for a few years. Everyone knows they "want kids" or are "trying." They have one and all is well. They have another and things get less well. It might be less well after just one. After the youngest reaches toddlerhood the woman kicks the guy, though not his paycheck, to the curb. Often he walks because her attentions and affections are mostly to the kids, and he leaves though leaves much of that paycheck behind.

Nature at work? Maybe.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
  • Jump to: