aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 16th, 2015 at 9:13:18 AM permalink
Men on Strike

Going to buy and read this - seems to be saying what I've been saying for quite some time - feminism has ruined men and the idea of marriage
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
March 16th, 2015 at 9:17:51 AM permalink
The notion of one sex going on strike is, of course, nothing new.

The ancient Greeks wrote of it as well.

see: Lysistrata
"What, me worry?"
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 16th, 2015 at 9:20:07 AM permalink
The idea of marriage to a man has deteriorated into becoming a prison sentence to put it mildly.
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 9:24:15 AM permalink
exactly - although I need to keep marriage numbers up for my future business
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
  • Threads: 58
March 16th, 2015 at 9:25:20 AM permalink
AoS you need a Voo-Doo thingie!
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 35
March 16th, 2015 at 9:41:44 AM permalink
In America marriage is almost always bad for men. With so many marriages ending in divorce, and men always get the negative end of the deal.

I personally have no desire to get married to anyone.

I never read the book, but it looks interesting.

Feminism is the philosphy of women being equal to men in all aspects, while still demanding all of the traditional female courtesies.... It's like Orwell said, both are equal, but some are more equal...
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 16th, 2015 at 9:45:23 AM permalink
http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah247/glenbac08/IMG_2213_zpsfxhu12ct.jpg

AoS you need one of these Voodoo
Bac79=Hazardous Material and Chemical person correcting other's mistakes. Non AP'er, I can't count cards, low intelligence. Sprinkles magical dust on the cards. Has a lucky monkey. Baby also has a green one. Sum it up: "It's okay just blame me, it's all my fault"! ( No one believes me--so I chose to stop posting)
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
March 16th, 2015 at 9:47:49 AM permalink
Quote: Gabes22

The idea of marriage to a man has deteriorated into becoming a prison sentence to put it mildly.

I think every male stand-up comedian ever has probably commented on the state of his marriage or at least his serious relationship. It's funny because it's relatable and when people joke about how bad their marriage is or how many individual freedoms they've lost within it people understand it. Marriage, a costly endeavor that ends in failure about half the time and possibly results in the loss of half your possessions. Seems like a negative EV situation to me, but maybe that thinking will change some day.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
March 16th, 2015 at 9:57:08 AM permalink
I must be in the minority. I enjoy being married.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 117
March 16th, 2015 at 10:09:09 AM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Feminism is the philosphy of women being equal to men in all aspects, while still demanding all of the traditional female courtesies.... It's like Orwell said, both are equal, but some are more equal...

Or, as I like to say, "It's not 'equal rights'; it's 'women's rights'."

Case in point: if a university has both a men's and a women's basketball team, the NCAA prevents the school from keeping women off of the "men's" team, but demands that all men be kept off the "women's" team. (California high schools found a way around this, apparently using the following argument:
"If you give a girl a spot on a boys' basketball team where you could have given a spot on the girls' team to her and given the boys' team spot to a boy, you are depriving the boy of the opportunity to compete solely because of his gender, which violates Title IX."
"But-"
"And the next words out of your mouth had better not be, 'That's not what Title IX was meant to do!' ; it says equal opportunity regardless of gender. Or should we strike down Title IX and go back to the way things used to be? Besides, there's still the "girls can play on any boys' team (for example, football) where the school doesn't have a girls' team, but boys can't play on a girls' team where there is no boys' team unless the overall ratio of boys/girls athletic opportunities is out of balance (which it usually isn't, even at schools with no football; wrestling and/or baseball (which has more players than softball as a baseball team needs a sizable pitching staff whereas a softball team does not) provide for the imbalance) rule.")
Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
March 16th, 2015 at 10:17:07 AM permalink
The bigger issue with Title IX IMO, is that there is a greater market for boys to get into sports, but just about the same amount of positions throughout the school. Most schools these days do not have boys volleyball, although, I would tend to think that it is a sport boys would like to play competitively. This interest gap is why you see such a much wider talent gap in female sports to males sports, the interest just isn't there to make it as competitive
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 46
March 16th, 2015 at 10:46:25 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Quote: DRich's Tee shirt

I ❤️ my wives.

From the WoV 2015 Winter Event, 1/11/15:

aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 10:48:33 AM permalink
ughhhhhhhhh

Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
March 16th, 2015 at 11:03:07 AM permalink
Is it still women and children first?
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
March 16th, 2015 at 11:18:59 AM permalink
Quote: aceofspades

ughhhhhhhhh

Ever hear the story of the 17-year-old California boy who was sent to jail for two years because he had sex with a 17-year-old girl, despite the fact that the girl couldn't be charged with the same crime because "it was only against the law for the boy to do it, since the boy can't get pregnant"? (Never mind California law also allows for a pregnant minor to get an abortion with no questions asked and no parental consent needed, and numerous attempts to change this through ballot measures have been soundly defeated.) This actually got to the U.S. Supreme Court (Michael M v. Sonoma County), in which the decision was upheld 5-3. Since then, the law has been changed so that (a) it applies to girls as well as boys, and (b) if the age difference is less than three years, it is only a misdemeanor; however, there have been news reports since then where some cities simply do not arrest the girl in a situation like this.

"A person, male or female, is innocent until proven guilty."
"But if a rape victim's word that she said 'no' isn't considered proof, then, for all intents and purposes, rape is legal."
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
March 16th, 2015 at 11:21:03 AM permalink
Title IX discussion moved to another thread to prevent further hijacking.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 29
March 16th, 2015 at 11:24:13 AM permalink
As a young engineer/scientist I was curious. Well when I started dating around 18 (late, because I was a total nerd) I wanted to do my best to be the best boyfriend I could be. So I went off of all that I knew about dating (what I'd heard/learned from either my older generation or from the media). I paid for everything, opened all the doors, was always sure to compliment her and engage in conversation whilst never treating her like a sexual object. I always found that I was never quite treated equally to how I was treating them. When asking my dad or others I was always told "that's why you're the man.." and my first childish thought was "Well why the hell do I want to be the man then if I just get the short end of the stick?"

Now, this was many years ago, and a lot of broken hearts full of lessons... but after my biggest lesson of all, I can't help but feel this way. I dated this girl for 5 years, we were college sweethearts. I paid for everything and assumed the 'traditional' male role of our relationship. I got up in the middle of the night to check a noise out, I did all of the landscaping/yardwork, I fixed everything, I helped her when we were finishing college with her papers/exams... and she... wait no I still had to cook if we were ever going to have a meal together. After that she insisted on "equality" where I pitched in to do the dishes/laundry/house cleaning as much as her. So all of these others were "givens" that they were a "traditional males" tasks, but then the "traditional women" tasks should be split equally. Well when you're young and dumb what can you do, I thought I was in love and didn't even realize I was miserable until after the fact (now there's a broken record I'm sure). Anyways, we got married (at 26) and I found out she decided to start having an affair with a guy almost twice her age at work, whom was married and had 3 kids. Sparing the boring drama details, we got a divorce... During which time she left the house, but still stopped by when I was at work to steal my dog, my belongings, and anything/everything SHE decreed was "fair." In truth, she took 100% of "her" things, 80% of "our" things (marriage gifts), and about 40% of "my" things.

When this all went to court, even in the face of adultery, the magistrate leered at me as though I was the bad guy for FORCING this pretty little harmless girl in to another mans arms. I felt like I was in a retarded Lifetime movie that my mom watches. I couldn't believe I'd be cheated on, robbed (twice), had documented PROOF of all of this, and still I was awarded nothing.

Ace, you'll like this... We had a separation agreement (we were getting a dissolution before she backed out because she wanted money for no reason and threatened to take it to a full divorce). In the agreement it says "Each party is within receipt of their belongings and no longer claims they are owed/deserve anything, blah blah blah"... Well she signed that. It stated everything I had in my possession and in the house (which was in my possession as well) was mine. She robbed me 3 weeks later claiming she didn't have "all her stuff" even though she signed the agreement. The FEMALE magistrate said "Well yeah she signed that contract, but I'm also here to protect you two from doing harm to yourself, which I think she did if she didn't have all her stuff." The worst part was my dog. The dog was in both our names, premarital, and I have it on court record that she stated I paid for the dog... She stole my dog and have never seen her again =(.

It's tough... In the face of experiences like this, to believe women truly want "equal" rights. Everything I've ever seen is "I want you to do all your male traditional roles, and then I want to be 'equal' on all of my female traditional roles." Hold my doors open, pay for my meals, oh, then you can go cook and clean for me too. Me? I'll just be over here "letting" you have sex with me (for the first couple years) of course! Now I hope I'm not too jaded... I do still believe there are truly good and fair girls out there. The more I experience though, the fewer and farther between they seem to be =/, and if I've learned anything, I refuse to settle.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
Gandler
Gandler
March 16th, 2015 at 11:32:01 AM permalink

ughhhhhhhhh

Rape the one crime where no evidence is needed and the man is always guilty...

And, feminist are still pushing for more and more laws to be able to charge men with rape with less and less evidence.
Rape is the one crime where is it OK to throw the law and innocent until proven guilty out of the window. The Female is always right by feminist logic.

As somebody who is in both a college student and in the military, two places that have a supposed "rape culture" and 2 places where any female alleging rape in automatically regarded as a brave goddess for coming out... And false allegations are through the roof. And, in the military the disciplinary actions often do not get reversed even if the charges later drop or fall through.

The other new thing (especially in the military and college , not sure if this is a regular civilian law or not) is if the female is intoxicated she cannot consent. So it is automatically rape. However, if the male is also intoxicated, even if he has a higher BAC, he is still the irresponsible one because she couldn't consent... So males are now expected to carry around breathalyzers and ask "Do you consent to go further at every step"....

Feminism is America is so absurd it makes me almost sympathize with some Middle Eastern cultures where men still have rights.

According to a small-scale survey of 20 US law enforcement officers conducted in 2004, officers believe that the typical person making a false accusation is "female (100%), Caucasian (100%), 15–20 years of age (10%), 31–45 years of age (25%), or 21–30 years of age (65%)"

"Statements by the Finnish Police estimate that false rape accusations have risen in like manner with female alcohol consumption in the country, and that many false rape accusations are made when intoxicated, with many of the people falsely accused of rape being men who are typically immigrants."
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 16th, 2015 at 11:37:55 AM permalink
Romes,

IMO, it's not so much a male/female split, it's that the world is full of givers and takers. You married a taker, who siphoned her power and self-worth off of yours rather than giving in equal measure to the marriage. Equal measure being whatever she had to give, whether "less" or "more" than your effort.

I married a taker; though it was a passive situation rather than actively cheating on the marriage, it was similar in many respects. "nuff said for a public board.

You just have to find a woman who's willing to be a giver, not a trophy who thinks the world revolves around her (my impression of what you married the first go-around). There are plenty of them out there, so I too hope you're not too jaded to find one. Your best bet is to find a woman you like as a person, enjoy talking to, has things in her own life you admire and would want her to retain in any future you have together.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
March 16th, 2015 at 11:49:47 AM permalink
Cary Grant said, after his 3rd wife, "The problem with
marriage is it's daily-ness." He said you wake up with
them, eat breakfast and dinner with them, spend the
evening and sleep with them. People get tired of each
other, it's boring. In the old days they had to endure
it, for the sake of religion and finances. Not so true
anymore.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Romes
Romes
March 16th, 2015 at 11:58:11 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Romes,

IMO, it's not so much a male/female split, it's that the world is full of givers and takers. You married a taker, who siphoned her power and self-worth off of yours rather than giving in equal measure to the marriage. Equal measure being whatever she had to give, whether "less" or "more" than your effort.

I married a taker; though it was a passive situation rather than actively cheating on the marriage, it was similar in many respects. "nuff said for a public board.

You just have to find a woman who's willing to be a giver, not a trophy who thinks the world revolves around her (my impression of what you married the first go-around). There are plenty of them out there, so I too hope you're not too jaded to find one. Your best bet is to find a woman you like as a person, enjoy talking to, has things in her own life you admire and would want her to retain in any future you have together.

I definitely agree with your giver/taker analogy, and believe you're fairly spot on with "the world revolves around me" mentality she had. However, this is what's shoved down men's throats since we're little boys... The girl is the princess! She should be treated like a princess! You should treat her as though the world revolves around her, etc. AND you can't always blame the women even, because they too are raised with this mentality that they have to be treated like a princess or the guy doesn't really love her. It's some forms of feminism. The extreme ones that shove these ideals down the throats of boys and girls filling their heads with illusions of what a perfect relationship is that couldn't be further from the truth. Then, when the little boys and girls are older and try to assume their 'roles' they find neither of them aren't happy. No one wants to be a servant, and any 'decent' girl doesn't truly want a servant. Thus, they're both unhappy and decide not to be together anymore.

Not all feminism is bad, and those platforms that push for true equality in everything (girl can hold a door open, pay for a date, guys can cook more, etc) are the ones truly trying to make things better for everyone. However, most 'feminists' (in my experiences) are the type that watch Lifetime movies all day and think they're all unreachable princesses that deserve a prince to shower them with gifts, compliments, and the like.

Even some of the newer "independent" feminists (whom pride themselves on not 'needing' men)... They'll be like "I'm a strong, independent woman and I don't need a man to make it!" .. I love asking "But you still want to find an equal partner in a man and get married right?" "Sure, but I don't have to have a man support me is the point of a strong woman." "Okay... Well when was the last time you asked a guy out? When was the last time you bought a guy a drink at a bar? When was the last time you paid for a first date?" They usually can't answer any of these questions because they don't do it... Yeah... "equal."

I wish I could re-find the article. I read something a year or two ago that had been doing studies every year for like a decade. They polled like 100,000 males every year, randomly, from different parts of the U.S., racial backgrounds, ethnicity, incomes, etc... They found that each and every year the number of men whom thought marriage was a good idea, or were willing to get married went down. It's irony. You have all of these women whom want 'their' special day, want 'their' dream man/server, want 'their' dream life, and you have all of these men getting sick of their inequality bullshit saying "Yeah, well go find him somewhere else."
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
March 16th, 2015 at 12:03:22 PM permalink

Men on Strike

Going to buy and read this - seems to be saying what I've been saying for quite some time - feminism has ruined men and the idea of marriage

Possibly your view is overly influenced by your profession. I know a woman who works as a career transition counselor. They used to call it out-placement. She helps people who have been recently laid off in their job search. She always has a very pessimistic view of the economy. To her it seems everyone is unemployed.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." -- Isaac Newton
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 16th, 2015 at 12:03:35 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

It's tough... In the face of experiences like this, to believe women truly want "equal" rights. Everything I've ever seen is "I want you to do all your male traditional roles, and then I want to be 'equal' on all of my female traditional roles." Hold my doors open, pay for my meals, oh, then you can go cook and clean for me too. Me? I'll just be over here "letting" you have sex with me (for the first couple years) of course! Now I hope I'm not too jaded... I do still believe there are truly good and fair girls out there. The more I experience though, the fewer and farther between they seem to be =/, and if I've learned anything, I refuse to settle.

This is why I am glad I stayed single. One thing you missed, though. Your money is "our money" but her money is "her money."

Any wonder why the marriage rate is falling so much? It is rare the guy who has not seen a male friend or relative completely destroyed by divorce and the anti-male family laws in the USA.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 16th, 2015 at 12:09:33 PM permalink
My in laws have the perfect marriage. 70
years together. He never 'let' her get a
job, or a drivers license, or have any friends
other than the wives of his friends. Her
whole life is him. They never argue, she
isn't allowed to have opinions. So she
has none. He's a Baptist minister, BTW.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 16th, 2015 at 12:13:33 PM permalink

Men on Strike

I clicked, I chuckled. I find it nearly riotous that a book explaining the perils of being male in this day and age is written by a woman. hahaha

Another one if you want to have it explained to you by another smart female is "Men going their own way" by Rebecca Cohen. Or, if are interested in the subject I picked up an article recently by Mother Jones and in it elaborates on the topic on Mad Men. Warren Farell was famous for first being the poster boy for the feminist movement, but something changed his mind? He wrote several books about the OT. One being The Myth of Male Power, and The Liberated Man he was also on the Oprah show and talk circuits.

There are internet chat groups about this very thing. John Gray wrote Men are from Mars, Women Are From Venus.

If prostitution were legal, safe and inspected, a whole bunch of this crap would go away. It would also make the streets safer.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 16th, 2015 at 12:23:14 PM permalink

I definitely agree with your giver/taker analogy, and believe you're fairly spot on with "the world revolves around me" mentality she had. However, this is what's shoved down men's throats since we're little boys... The girl is the princess! She should be treated like a princess! You should treat her as though the world revolves around her, etc. AND you can't always blame the women even, because they too are raised with this mentality that they have to be treated like a princess or the guy doesn't really love her. It's some forms of feminism. The extreme ones that shove these ideals down the throats of boys and girls filling their heads with illusions of what a perfect relationship is that couldn't be further from the truth. Then, when the little boys and girls are older and try to assume their 'roles' they find neither of them aren't happy. No one wants to be a servant, and any 'decent' girl doesn't truly want a servant. Thus, they're both unhappy and decide not to be together anymore.

Not all feminism is bad, and those platforms that push for true equality in everything (girl can hold a door open, pay for a date, guys can cook more, etc) are the ones truly trying to make things better for everyone. However, most 'feminists' (in my experiences) are the type that watch Lifetime movies all day and think they're all unreachable princesses that deserve a prince to shower them with gifts, compliments, and the like.

Even some of the newer "independent" feminists (whom pride themselves on not 'needing' men)... They'll be like "I'm a strong, independent woman and I don't need a man to make it!" .. I love asking "But you still want to find an equal partner in a man and get married right?" "Sure, but I don't have to have a man support me is the point of a strong woman." "Okay... Well when was the last time you asked a guy out? When was the last time you bought a guy a drink at a bar? When was the last time you paid for a first date?" They usually can't answer any of these questions because they don't do it... Yeah... "equal."

I wish I could re-find the article. I read something a year or two ago that had been doing studies every year for like a decade. They polled like 100,000 males every year, randomly, from different parts of the U.S., racial backgrounds, ethnicity, incomes, etc... They found that each and every year the number of men whom thought marriage was a good idea, or were willing to get married went down. It's irony. You have all of these women whom want 'their' special day, want 'their' dream man/server, want 'their' dream life, and you have all of these men getting sick of their inequality bullshit saying "Yeah, well go find him somewhere else."

I appreciate that you see the damage done on both sides by expectations and advertising. We are all raised by the media these days, and both sexes are taught that they're incomplete without this/that/the other thing, that they should be upset if the spouse doesn't do this/that/the other thing that doesn't actually mean anything, that their friends should dump all over their relationships, etc. If a man quietly demonstrates his fidelity and love for a woman every day, makes occasional random romantic gestures, does his part, only a woman who has a false sense of entitlement or is insecure herself gets upset that some fake holiday went without fulfilling her wildest expectation. We're inundated with drama, conflict, and blame in every book, movie, and tv show, but love endures in the white spaces. "And they lived happily ever after" tells you that, once people have gotten to the good part, they're pretty boring, or you'd hear that part of the story too. But media has become so prevalent and pervasive in life that most of us are living second-hand and feeling short-changed by comparison.

Think about it; how much of the shows you watch are you watching people watch tv or a movie? Almost none; and yet, here we all are, spectators of other people's (mostly fictional) lives rather than living our own.

You want a good marriage or parent-child relationship? Turn off the tv, cancel the cable, kill the internet. Schedule time for the occasional movie/DVD/really good tv show; otherwise, read books, play games, do sports and other activities together.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 16th, 2015 at 12:26:50 PM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

If prostitution were legal, safe and inspected, a whole bunch of this crap would go away. It would also make the streets safer.

Men and women don't need each other
anymore. Not too long ago, if a man
didn't know how to cook, he ate out or
starved. Now aisle after aisle is filled
with packaged dishes. Laundromats
and dry cleaners, and hire a girl to
clean twice a week.

Women don't need men for money
anymore, they can find jobs anywhere.
If sex was legally available, marriages
would plummet.
Romes
Romes
March 16th, 2015 at 12:28:12 PM permalink

...You want a good marriage or parent-child relationship? Turn off the tv, cancel the cable, kill the internet. Schedule time for the occasional movie/DVD/really good tv show; otherwise, read books, play games, do sports and other activities together.

Well, like anything else I'd say: moderation.

My favorite thing is when women say "You don't know what it's like growing up and looking at how skinny barbie is, or all the unrealistically thin models on our girls magazines!"... Um, please show me a super hero that isn't 6'3'', 250lbs of rock solid muscle with an 8 pack of abs that you couldn't wash shirts on... Superman? Batman? Spiderman? Captain America? ...etc, etc, etc.

Quote: EvenBob

...If sex was legally available, marriages
would plummet.

Marriages should plummet. The general population has zero clue what a marriage is, entails, etc. Also, it doesn't help that the movie Idiocracy is really just a documentary slowing happening in front of our eyes.
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 16th, 2015 at 12:43:07 PM permalink

Romes,

Thanks for sharing Babs.

The problem is people, we are all basically "in it" for ourselves, just in different degrees of denial. I think we are only "3 steps away from the Savannah' in all reality. We are just acting the "star role" in our own melodrama. Why do people give?

This role playing going on with children in school is a big culprit, grades as low as 1st is creating a disaster, a social tragedy. I am informed it is very popular now for the boys to dress effeminate. I guess that is supposed to display or prove something? If anyone sees little kids playing boy/girl or man/woman games, IMO, intervene if you can properly, it is a bad game.

You, married a "taker", sorry kiddo, I married a parasite [1st time] and I just would not leave my kids. That was our lives. I too believed that it was supposed to go both ways.

I got lucky, plain and simple. When I finally surrendered is when I found my current wife. Love at first sight may be possible? I realize it just doesn't happen for most people, everyone should know that. We all need to remain decent to each other. Material possessions are just objects that will fade in importance. In the end, like "Cher" said "We all sleep alone".

I do wish you, the best of luck. That seems to be what it takes?

I think the most important thing for any of us is to be happy.
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
March 16th, 2015 at 12:45:32 PM permalink

+1
Stupid is a choice
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 16th, 2015 at 12:49:43 PM permalink

otherwise, read books, play games, do sports and other activities together.

Men and women really don't have that
much in common. In every relationship
I know of, and most I have ever known,
it's the man constantly giving into what
the woman wants. He learned the hard
way that nothing else works.

It's so common it's the stereotype now.
On sitcoms, it's always the domineering
wife and the doofus husband. Even on
the drama shows the guy is constantly
in trouble. Many men spend their whole
marriage just trying to stay on the wife's
good side. When a guy says he has a
happy marriage, he means he keeps his
wife happy so she won't make him unhappy.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 135
March 16th, 2015 at 1:15:05 PM permalink
In the office building I work in there is a unisex restroom. A very nice lady put up a sign that says, "Please put the seat down. This is not your home." So, if I have to #1 I'm supposed to raise it and then lower it back down? I'm being asked to take 2 actions so that women may take none? I don't think so. Feminism shouldn't think so either. I could put up a sign that says, "Please leave the seat up. What do you think this is, a womens' restroom?" But I just took down her sign.
Baccaratfrom79
Baccaratfrom79
March 16th, 2015 at 1:29:28 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

In the office building I work in there is a unisex restroom. A very nice lady put up a sign that says, "Please put the seat down. This is not your home." So, if I have to #1 I'm supposed to raise it and then lower it back down? I'm being asked to take 2 actions so that women may take none? I don't think so. Feminism shouldn't think so either. I could put up a sign that says, "Please leave the seat up. What do you think this is, a womens' restroom?" But I just took down her sign.

Supposedly, women are the weaker sex. Ask Bill Clinton.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
March 16th, 2015 at 1:29:41 PM permalink

Men and women don't need each other
anymore. Not too long ago, if a man
didn't know how to cook, he ate out or
starved. Now aisle after aisle is filled
with packaged dishes. Laundromats
and dry cleaners, and hire a girl to
clean twice a week.

Women don't need men for money
anymore, they can find jobs anywhere.
If sex was legally available, marriages
would plummet.

The reality is that men prefer to spend free time with men and women with women. Go to a party with a bunch of married people, men and women clique off. Of course there are exceptions like the "guy chick" who hates the drama of the women. Years ago when society was more communal the men and the women kept to their own most of the day.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Gandler
Gandler
March 16th, 2015 at 1:43:13 PM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

Yea one place I worked did that. Its not an issue for me as I always put it down anyway.

However, in addition to lowering seats, I also was raised in the habit of closing the lid after finished (something my mom actually taught me). So I always lowered the seat and closed the lid after I was done. And, this made all of the women more angry as they had to open the lid.... I remember half of the females were asking around trying to figure out who closes the lid lol This was a legitimate issue for them.....

Heaven forbid If they have to touch the toilet like us....
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 1:44:43 PM permalink
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 1:46:53 PM permalink

Ace, you'll like this... We had a separation agreement (we were getting a dissolution before she backed out because she wanted money for no reason and threatened to take it to a full divorce). In the agreement it says "Each party is within receipt of their belongings and no longer claims they are owed/deserve anything, blah blah blah"... Well she signed that. It stated everything I had in my possession and in the house (which was in my possession as well) was mine. She robbed me 3 weeks later claiming she didn't have "all her stuff" even though she signed the agreement. The FEMALE magistrate said "Well yeah she signed that contract, but I'm also here to protect you two from doing harm to yourself, which I think she did if she didn't have all her stuff." The worst part was my dog. The dog was in both our names, premarital, and I have it on court record that she stated I paid for the dog... She stole my dog and have never seen her again =(.

Where was your attorney during this nonsense?
petroglyph
petroglyph
March 16th, 2015 at 1:48:22 PM permalink

Yea one place I worked did that. Its not an issue for me as I always put it down anyway.

However, in addition to lowering seats, I also was raised in the habit of closing the lid after finished (something my mom actually taught me). So I always lowered the seat and closed the lid after I was done. And, this made all of the women more angry as they had to open the lid.... I remember half of the females were asking around trying to figure out who closes the lid lol This was a legitimate issue for them.....

Heaven forbid If they have to touch the toilet like us....

By closing the lid you prevent rats from crawling in from the sewer. It also stops pets from drinking out of the bowl.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 1:50:03 PM permalink

So males are now expected to carry around breathalyzers and ask "Do you consent to go further at every step"....

Also, don't these lawmakers realize an oral contract is not worth the paper it's written on…

Anyone can say they consented but, unless they did so on video, forget it — even a "sex contract" can be thrown out the window (just like any other contract) if there was "duress, undue influence, fraud in the inducement or one party under the influence at the time of making the 'contract'"
Gandler
Gandler
March 16th, 2015 at 2:02:46 PM permalink

Also, don't these lawmakers realize an oral contract is not worth the paper it's written on…

Anyone can say they consented but, unless they did so on video, forget it — even a "sex contract" can be thrown out the window (just like any other contract) if there was "duress, undue influence, fraud in the inducement or one party under the influence at the time of making the 'contract'"

Yeah, at my last SHARP briefing (military sexual harassment training basically, Sexual Harassment Assault Rape Prevention I believe it stands for...) my Sgt. asked if a girl and guy planned on having sex and were planning on drinking could they set up a written contract in advance with a witness and signed. Basically the teacher said yes, but said that the female had every right to change her mind later and revoke consent at any time.... So basically even written sex contracts for a night can be invalidated if the female randomly decides she hates you in the morning (at least in the Army). If the female has even a drop of alcohol in her and decides that she did not like you later or wants revenge for something else she can just say "rape" and since she had alcohol she is technically correct.

I am so tired of hearing about "rape culture" yea when alcohol is considered drinking before or during sex by either party is considered rape and when most young people who have sex have consumed at least one drink, then the large majority of women (and men) in the country have technically been "raped"...

Quote: petroglyph

By closing the lid you prevent rats from crawling in from the sewer. It also stops pets from drinking out of the bowl.

Yea this makes sense. We also had cats growing up so that is likely why she always wanted the lid closed and it just became a habit.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 2:07:14 PM permalink
god forbid a man say no to sex - and then give in so as to retain his "man card" - that should be considered rape just like a woman can claim rape when she "gives in when she didn't want too"
EvenBob
EvenBob
March 16th, 2015 at 2:14:16 PM permalink

god forbid a man say not to sex - and then give in so as to retain his "man card" - that should be considered rape just like a woman can claim rape when she "gives in when she didn't want too"

Do women say that to divorce lawyers, that
their husband raped them even though they
consented to it?
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
March 16th, 2015 at 2:16:24 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

This is why I am glad I stayed single.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alghzx1T4-4

I'm sorry, but that's how I read it.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
March 16th, 2015 at 2:23:08 PM permalink

god forbid a man say not to sex - and then give in so as to retain his "man card" - that should be considered rape just like a woman can claim rape when she "gives in when she didn't want too"

It's only rape if you're forced against your will. Not only do you have no right to "retain your man card," but just saying that such a thing exists implies that men who don't "have theirs any more" are somehow inferior.

Also, if a woman forces herself onto a man sexually, how do you expect the police to react?
(a) "Ma'am, you're under arrest for rape"
(b) pause, then, "Nice...."
ahiromu
ahiromu
  • Threads: 112
March 16th, 2015 at 2:34:00 PM permalink
I agree with most that has been said, as a guy in my 20's I would like to get married but women within an appropriate age are insane. I'll try to steer it from a women bashing diatribe by saying that I have experienced either first or second/third person many of the things that have been mentioned here, one way or another.

I really do think the Title IX conversation belonged in here. It was a mistake to move it.
Its - Possessive; It's - "It is" / "It has"; There - Location; Their - Possessive; They're - "They are"
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 16th, 2015 at 3:03:19 PM permalink

Men on Strike

Lol. As a man, ain't nobody can ruin me but me, least of all no feminist that dislikes the fact that I dangle. As for marriage... it ain't need no help. In fact, I'd be offended if they received all the credit. Many of us have done the work to learn it as the sham that it is, and we are free thanks to ourselves =p

And LOL at Romes. I laugh at you because I laugh at me. Been there.

My advice to you and every man AND woman is to be yourself. Don't play the game you've been taught to play. That way lies madness. It ain't no different than advertising. If you fall for the teachings and buy a truck because it'll let you grow a full beard in a day and cause you to be draped in camo laden ladies every time you turn the key, ain't no ones fault but your own when you find you all you got is a regular vehicle that's too big to park and too expensive to fuel. Know you first, then go get one based on you. Maybe you'll find something smaller is what you really need. Maybe you'll find all you needed was a horse (still on the analogy, sickos =p). This way, you'll at least have a chance that you'll find what you wanted.

The other way? Guaranteed fail. You either get something that doesn't fit you, or you have to change you to fit it. And both of those options are stupid.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 3:39:42 PM permalink

Do women say that to divorce lawyers, that
their husband raped them even though they
consented to it?

Not yet...
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 3:40:55 PM permalink
Quote: ThatDonGuy

It's only rape if you're forced against your will. Not only do you have no right to "retain your man card," but just saying that such a thing exists implies that men who don't "have theirs any more" are somehow inferior.

Also, if a woman forces herself onto a man sexually, how do you expect the police to react?
(a) "Ma'am, you're under arrest for rape"
(b) pause, then, "Nice...."

I am stating that men can feel that way in society - I am not saying that is my opinion
aceofspades
aceofspades
March 16th, 2015 at 4:03:53 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 16th, 2015 at 4:45:16 PM permalink

I'm only 9 months in, but so far no regrets. So far I've found the key to be lots of open communication; don't let things fester. If you have a problem, talk about in a calm and open manner as soon as possible with your spouse, and work through it as equal partners. We've been together for almost 4 years now total, and have only really had 1 knock-down drag-out fight, which was 100% my fault. I hope to be happily married until one of us kicks the bucket.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
  • Jump to: