Thread Rating:

Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
May 22nd, 2019 at 7:16:53 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

a) People's tastes change, or discover things they didn't know were out there. What's wrong with "suddenly" being into something?

b) Sword and sorcery movies were big in the 50's and 60's what with all those Hercules and Ray Harryhausen movies. They had a resurgence in the 80's, starting with Conan the Barbarian, and again in the early 2000's with Lord of the Rings. This stuff has been popular for a while, but it seems to come in waves, unlike a lot of other genres.

c) Really good, high quality sword and sorcery stuff is hard to come by. It's a hard genre to do well. An average movie-goer or TV watcher may not be into the low budget, low quality stuff, but if it's good, they might watch it.

When are you talking about? Now? Or the 80's?

Yeah. But this is stuff that's normally been for children or adolescents.

It makes sense for an adult to like it out of nostalgia. But it's really weird to me to not be into it as a kid then take it up as an adult.
PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
May 22nd, 2019 at 11:00:28 PM permalink
I follow some discount travel blogs/sites but I’ve never booked anything that they’ve found until today. $200 usd rt from Winnipeg to Havana Cuba, crazy price. My buddy Eric and I couldn’t pass up the deal.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. — Amarillo Slim Preston
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 30
May 22nd, 2019 at 11:24:02 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

I follow some discount travel blogs/sites but I’ve never booked anything that they’ve found until today. $200 usd rt from Winnipeg to Havana Cuba, crazy price. My buddy Eric and I couldn’t pass up the deal.

I like to go to map mode on Google flights. Leave the parameters as wide as possible. Move the cursor across the globe and watch great deals pop up.

Though that one is really exceptional.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 173
May 23rd, 2019 at 12:36:47 AM permalink
Perhaps it's a trap to capture human slaves.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
May 23rd, 2019 at 12:37:56 AM permalink
this did not work out well:

"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 192
May 24th, 2019 at 3:32:56 AM permalink
he buried Momma in the backyard and kept cashing her S.S. checks

he's not the first to do this

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/23/us/arizona-man-mother-buried-in-backyard/index.html
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
May 24th, 2019 at 7:00:59 AM permalink
I hate going to websites because they always lead me into a rabbit hole. After reading the article above I click on
https://www.editorchoice.com/abandoned-places/

I really want to visit Pripyat. I think this was in a movie but cant remember which one.

does anyone else end up in these rabbit holes?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
May 24th, 2019 at 7:08:59 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I hate going to websites because they always lead me into a rabbit hole.

I think you are referring to what is known as "click bait". Enticing headlines, but lots of ads.
GWAE
GWAE
May 24th, 2019 at 7:28:38 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

I think you are referring to what is known as "click bait". Enticing headlines, but lots of ads.

the one that I have been looking at for 30 minutes now, which I posted above doesnt really have any ads. I usually think of clickbait when it is like see who was arrested today and they have a picture of brad pit and then it is something completely different. I clicked on one that said see all of the abandoned places and it lists a ton of places that are abandoned with some pictures.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
May 24th, 2019 at 7:35:18 AM permalink
ok after looking at those it lead right into ways to break up with people. I might as well just leave work since I am apparently unmotivated today.

• Jump to: