Thread Rating:

Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 14
May 21st, 2019 at 6:51:53 AM permalink
We always vacationed on a lake in Norther WI growing up. We now have a house on that lake. One of my favorite meals growing up was the fresh fish fry of our catch from that day. Perch, Crappie and blue hill. Sometimes we would get a walleye or a Northern although those two, if they get too big taste a bit gamey
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 260
May 21st, 2019 at 8:22:39 AM permalink
People who grow up shore side are lucky. Tide goes out, clams and muscles harvested. Fish can be caught.

I darn near fainted when I saw clammers coming in and getting paid nearly a grand in cash by a shore side fish broker.

"Achi rice, salt fish on ice and the rum is good any time of year" meant cod but now stocks are depleted and cod is hard to find in the Caribbean. Elsewhere Vietnamese, Koreans and Japanese fish to extinction. In the Philippines, a man uses cyanide to fish or else he sells a few of his daughters to the sex traffickers.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 144
Thanks for this post from:
RS
May 21st, 2019 at 10:24:07 AM permalink
so, this guy walked into the library and said to the librarian ................... "can you help me find this book on suicide"

the librarian looked at the guy and said ........................... "eff no, I'm not going to help you. you won't bring it back"....... 😃
𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵. 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 23
May 21st, 2019 at 12:31:44 PM permalink
Perhaps the only repeatable one from the fling.

You've probably noticed that when ducks fly south for the winter, they fly in a "V" formation. You might also have noticed that one side of the V is always longer than the other side. Why is it that one side always longer than the other?

it has more ducks in it
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 89
May 21st, 2019 at 1:25:39 PM permalink
Lol that is definitely the only repeatable one. I am still waiting to use the tower guard one. I might go a long time before using that one. Just thinking it now made me lol
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RS
RS
  • Threads: 60
May 21st, 2019 at 4:39:17 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Lol that is definitely the only repeatable one. I am still waiting to use the tower guard one. I might go a long time before using that one. Just thinking it now made me lol

Quote: GWAE

Quote: RS

RIP Rigondeaux's grandfather.

For reals? Or is this a euphemism?

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/general/32655-wov-spring-fling-may-11-2019-planning-thread/50/#post718488

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP_9zH9Q44o
# Свободный Натан
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 144
May 22nd, 2019 at 3:28:21 AM permalink
bettors cashed on Game of Throne bet offered by some books knew the answer before they bet - it was leaked

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/21/us/game-of-thrones-predictions-betting.html
𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘴 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵. 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘭𝘢𝘴𝘵𝘴 𝘸𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘦𝘢𝘴𝘺
RS
RS
  • Threads: 60
May 22nd, 2019 at 3:49:47 AM permalink
Is Games of Thrones even any good? IMO it's terrible, but then again, I've never seen any of it.
# Свободный Натан
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 260
May 22nd, 2019 at 3:56:43 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Is Games of Thrones even any good?

It is Sopranos enter Middle Earth, beautiful females get brutally raped and everybody gets rich. Sounds good to me, particularly that everybody gets rich part.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 75
May 22nd, 2019 at 7:32:29 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

bettors cashed on Game of Throne bet offered by some books knew the answer before they bet - it was leaked

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/21/us/game-of-thrones-predictions-betting.html

I'm ok with it
You have to be a stupid bookie to take action on a result that was known to a lot of people. How many people does it take to film that last episode. A ton. All the people on the set. Then it goes to the editing and music scoring people. Easily hundreds of people knew the ending before it was broadcast
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

• Jump to: