Thread Rating:

MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 6th, 2019 at 7:25:39 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have never owned a music cassette, a music CD, a VHS, a movie DVD, or a Blu-Ray. I did have four record albums as a child.

Today with streaming one doesn't need a closet full of garbage. I never was one for any of that stuff but had friends that had closets and everything else full of that crap. Now you even have just released in theatre movies streaming.

In high school some kids had trunks full of 8 track tapes

#WELCOMETO2020
darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 270
April 6th, 2019 at 7:44:46 PM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

Today with streaming one doesn't need a closet full of garbage. I never was one for any of that stuff but had friends that had closets and everything else full of that crap. Now you even have just released in theatre movies streaming.

In high school some kids had trunks full of 8 track tapes

#WELCOMETO2020

I cant stand streaming.

I want to watch a movie suddenly its unavailable but it was in my queue 2 days earlier

Or the weather is bad and the image is weird.

"Downloading.... Downloading... Downloading..."

And my 6 channel surround is much better in Bluray and I can watch select movies in 3D

And if I have the time there are the behind the scenes docs and audio commentary by the film makers or film historians
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 217
April 6th, 2019 at 7:57:14 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I have never owned a music cassette, a music CD, a VHS, a movie DVD, or a Blu-Ray. I did have four record albums as a child. My car in 1990 had a CD player and I had never heard of a CD at that time.

Are you the one teenage who never joined the Columbia Record/Tape/Music club?
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
April 6th, 2019 at 8:07:12 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

You country folk got too many problems with ticks.

Im staying in the city wherr we only have to worry about rats and muggers

Meh, it's not really a problem. I mean, it is, but the biggest problem is perspective. Rabies is f#$%ing horrifying and you damn sure should be scared of it, but.... it's just not all that easy to get (perhaps in thanks to sensationalized news stories). Ticks are much the same. No doubt they can do you in, but almost no time need be dedicated to it, other than, hey, shower when you get home and look at your body.

I found my first one on me last year. I equate it to being aware now that I have a dog. Since no part of my life has changed, it's reasonable to assume I've had tons on me throughout my life and just never knew what to look for, or (more likely) went from trail straight to bed. Would explain the "spider bites" that never really made sense lol

GWAE didn't confirm whether he ate it or not. Maybe it's in custody. In the cooler.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
jmills
jmills
  • Threads: 8
April 6th, 2019 at 8:10:52 PM permalink

My bluray addiction is getting worse

Here is a pic of ONLY the movies I have NOT watched yet.

Nice collection of horror movies. I hope that's the original Black Christmas - first and probably best ever slasher movie. And I'm jealous of the Phantasm boxset.
darkoz
darkoz
April 6th, 2019 at 8:23:31 PM permalink
Quote: jmills

My bluray addiction is getting worse

Here is a pic of ONLY the movies I have NOT watched yet.

Nice collection of horror movies. I hope that's the original Black Christmas - first and probably best ever slasher movie. And I'm jealous of the Phantasm boxset.

Yes the original Black Christmas

That box set has the new 5th phantasm film. Like I said thats my unwatched pile.

My house is so full of movies that there are no dishes or food in the kitchen closets. Just stacks of blurays lined up. Those I have watched
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 17
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
April 6th, 2019 at 8:53:51 PM permalink
Looks like a hoarders episode in the future.
darkoz
darkoz
April 6th, 2019 at 9:49:52 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Looks like a hoarders episode in the future.

Probably correct

First time my gf visited my place she suggested preparing a meal and opened the closets to find this:

Note how I am too short to reach the top shelves so they are mostly empty lol
MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
April 6th, 2019 at 10:53:07 PM permalink
Nothing says look around and see what else I might have like a cash counting machine on the kitchen counter......lol
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 175
April 7th, 2019 at 12:18:46 AM permalink
Ticks make me think of Huck Finn. Or is it Tom Sawyer where a tick is tocked about.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.

• Jump to: