Thread Rating:

Dodsferd
Dodsferd
  • Threads: 1
December 28th, 2015 at 9:13:01 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Creatine (if you take it), I believe, can cause anger & whatnot.

Try doing something relaxing every day, like jacuzzi or just listening to music.

I don't take any supplements, creatine or otherwise. I've had many periods where I'm heavy into physical fitness, and haven't had the accompanying emotional sway towards aggression. This is more so a new thing that I've noticed in the last 3-4 months. Who knows how much longer it has been an affecting part of my life before I noticed it.

I do listen to music on a regular basis, though more recently I am inclined to put on heavy music instead of trance or EDM.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
December 28th, 2015 at 11:20:36 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

Meadowlark Lemon died today.

I know, but that was the least funniest thing. Pretty full life, didn't die young.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 29th, 2015 at 1:05:09 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

RS, I thought you were making fun of me for using the word twice in 1 sentence which I did on purpose. I wish I could blame auto correct for the misspelling but I can not. I had ZERO clue that it started for ri.

What does piss me off is the auto correct on my galaxy 5. It changes correct words into non sense. I would bet it changes a word on every other post that I make. It is getting really frustrating.

Auto correct changes f*cking to "ducking", coin to "coon", and some others. It's like my auto correct used to be a zookeeper in it's previous life or something
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 29th, 2015 at 2:43:19 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I work for a hospital. Once a year I have to go for a physical at "Employee Health". The office is no longer called as such. It is now "Teammate Health". So silly....

the term "wellness exam" makes me laugh. I guess wellness is a word? LOL
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
December 29th, 2015 at 4:51:34 AM permalink
Any of you played around with one the Amazon Echo gadgets?
It's a tabletop voice activated 'assistant'.
Kind of like talking to Siri, but plays music, makes lists etc.
Wife gave 'me' one for Xmas cause 'she' wanted one.
I suppose it will get smarter as additional features are added over time, but I'm not sure it's worth the $175, and has an annual subscription on top of that.

So far the wife just asks it for the weather report each morning, weather report is usually already on the TV screen ;-(
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
December 29th, 2015 at 5:40:49 AM permalink
Around here, we call it deer meat.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 29th, 2015 at 5:58:37 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Around here, we call it deer meat.

Down here we call it good eatin..

Actually, when I was but a little thing, my parents called it;

"Look kids, we got meat to go with your turnip greens and grits."
We grew our own turnip greens, pretty much year round...yuck...

Meat was even better back then......
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
December 29th, 2015 at 6:41:05 AM permalink
I found another Area 51 youtube video.

I am occupied making a tin foil hat.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
Sabretom2
Sabretom2
  • Threads: 11
December 29th, 2015 at 7:25:11 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Down here we call it good eatin..

Actually, when I was but a little thing, my parents called it;

"Look kids, we got meat to go with your turnip greens and grits."
We grew our own turnip greens, pretty much year round...yuck...

Meat was even better back then......

I'll bet a buck you didn't call it venison.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 29th, 2015 at 8:40:01 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

I'll bet a buck you didn't call it venison.

You already won your bet. I'll pay up later, put it on my tab...

Actually, I'll call your buck, raise you 2 does and a fawn....
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
December 29th, 2015 at 11:47:55 AM permalink
We need a little more cash...

"United has expanded the age range of children who must use a $150 service when flying by themselves to age 15. The previous age was 12."

This is why it is important to charge more folks for the service that many don't need and should be able to opt in/out of (which I was able to do when my kids were younger)

"A United spokesman says the change will provide the best care for travelers."

http://abc13.com/travel/united-changes-policy-for-kids-flying-alone/1139648/

Just another bean counter finding some beans...the service won't be any better, they will just collect for it from more customers...
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
December 29th, 2015 at 12:25:15 PM permalink
so you buy a ticket then pay the extra? What do they get for the extra fee?
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RonC
RonC
December 29th, 2015 at 12:41:00 PM permalink

so you buy a ticket then pay the extra? What do they get for the extra fee?

Yes, you buy a ticket and then pay a fee for "Unaccompanied Minors"...

The fee protects against delays/cancellations in some ways because airline personnel would take care of them during that time (likely at additional expense, but I am not sure), but they do restrict what types of flights (connecting, stops, non-connecting) at some ages.

The everyday thing is that it is basically like sending your kid registered mail...you sign him over at the post office, they keep track of him while traveling, and then he/she is signed for at the other end...

The kids do sometimes get some attention the plane, but it is not all that much.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 29th, 2015 at 1:00:08 PM permalink
Some of the lab rats have now officially reported, by phone.
Some others, the ones that were in my care, are still missing.
And then there's a whole different colony of lab rats that have not reported....
The news, as reported to me by phone, is that I am alive, at least for now.
You gotta love the cutting edge medical technology that we enjoy today.
It really is better than it was just last year, much better than 5 years ago, etc...
GWAE
GWAE
December 29th, 2015 at 1:03:12 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Yes, you buy a ticket and then pay a fee for "Unaccompanied Minors"...

The fee protects against delays/cancellations in some ways because airline personnel would take care of them during that time (likely at additional expense, but I am not sure), but they do restrict what types of flights (connecting, stops, non-connecting) at some ages.

The everyday thing is that it is basically like sending your kid registered mail...you sign him over at the post office, they keep track of him while traveling, and then he/she is signed for at the other end...

The kids do sometimes get some attention the plane, but it is not all that much.

I wonder if they put a worker on the plane just for the kid or if it is the job of the flight attendants. If it is the normal crew then the fee makes absolutely no sense. I bet they see nothing from it. If it is another employee that watches the kid that wouldn't be on the plane then I can understand that.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
December 29th, 2015 at 1:03:52 PM permalink

Some of the lab rats have now officially reported, by phone.
Some others, the ones that were in my care, are still missing.
And then there's a whole different colony of lab rats that have not reported....
The news, as reported to me by phone, is that I am alive, at least for now.
You gotta love the cutting edge medical technology that we enjoy today.
It really is better than it was just last year, much better than 5 years ago, etc...

If you talk like this in real life I would love to hear your conversation with the doctors.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 29th, 2015 at 1:06:59 PM permalink

I wonder if they put a worker on the plane just for the kid or if it is the job of the flight attendants. If it is the normal crew then the fee makes absolutely no sense. I bet they see nothing from it. If it is another employee that watches the kid that wouldn't be on the plane then I can understand that.

No, they just assign a gate agent at each gate to make sure the child is okay and gets on the correct flights. In the old days you only had to pay the fee if the child had a layover and had to switch planes.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 29th, 2015 at 2:03:29 PM permalink

If you talk like this in real life I would love to hear your conversation with the doctors.

Perhaps you should be happy, count your blessings, that you are not one of my doctors.
Happy New Year wishes to you and yours.
GWAE
GWAE
December 29th, 2015 at 2:24:25 PM permalink

Perhaps you should be happy, count your blessings, that you are not one of my doctors.
Happy New Year wishes to you and yours.

To you and yours as well.

I kinds wish I was your doc, then I wouldn't be a broke m fer.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 86
December 29th, 2015 at 2:49:21 PM permalink

After 21 or 22 operations, I forget exactly how many I have had, my doctors are all rich too.
At my age, a "Life In Prison" sentence is not much of a deterrent.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 29th, 2015 at 3:16:50 PM permalink

My Docs....how do I say.....my Docs.....
For some of them, I am not their favorite patient.
For others, I am. ;-)
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 326
December 29th, 2015 at 5:18:03 PM permalink

My Docs....how do I say.....my Docs.....
For some of them, I am not their favorite patient.
For others, I am. ;-)

do not tic off the guys with the knives

the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!”   She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
rxwine
rxwine
December 29th, 2015 at 5:41:35 PM permalink
Question of the day: Should surgeons bet on their patients?
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
December 29th, 2015 at 6:09:49 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Question of the day: Should surgeons bet on their patients?

What and where would they bet? Or are you talking about a pro athlete?
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
December 29th, 2015 at 8:28:49 PM permalink
Time to sleep.
Good nite.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
December 30th, 2015 at 1:10:55 AM permalink
The man who loves the Seahawks, or at least the money line against the Rams
more then myself.....

Man loses over $150K after betting on the Seahawks to beat the Rams
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
December 30th, 2015 at 1:25:33 AM permalink
I don't count royal cycles or scares or whatever....but it's been quite a while since I've hit one (estimate 2.5-3 cycles).

I was playing off some free play earlier today (for my ploppy friend) and I hit a royal. W.t.f. And it was on quarters, too. I got dealt 4-to-RF, held the 4 cards, then hit draw/deal button as quickly as I could, in case it ended up as a royal, so I wouldn't have to suffer the pain of hitting a RF for someone else (at least looking at it or nothing). Anyone around me would'a thought it was just any other regular hand.
RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2015 at 8:38:08 AM permalink
Daughter #1's boyfriend asked me for her hand in marriage the other night. I said yes, but I felt he had approached me at the wrong time--it was 1 a.m. and I as just finishing yelling at a credit card company about a policy that is preventing me from getting a Southwest Companion Pass and handling a discipline issue with a younger child.

It bothered me all night and the next day. I started writing a list of things that concerned me and I would like to hear his thoughts on once Texas Tech fell hopelessly behind and quickly had a good little list going...

They came in at Midnight last night from a date. I told both the daughter and her boyfriend to sit down and we would do this right. I explained why I was not happy with when he approached me and that I should have just told him to come back another time. I also acknowledged that there is no formal requirement for him to even ask and I appreciated him doing so.

We had a good talk and, while I know no man is good enough for my daughters, I feel much better than I did after the initial feeble conversation.

I am glad I did it, but I am severely sleep-deprived this morning!
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 30th, 2015 at 9:00:14 AM permalink

Daughter #1's boyfriend asked me for her hand in marriage the other night. I said yes, but I felt he had approached me at the wrong time--it was 1 a.m. and I as just finishing yelling at a credit card company about a policy that is preventing me from getting a Southwest Companion Pass and handling a discipline issue with a younger child.

It bothered me all night and the next day. I started writing a list of things that concerned me and I would like to hear his thoughts on once Texas Tech fell hopelessly behind and quickly had a good little list going...

They came in at Midnight last night from a date. I told both the daughter and her boyfriend to sit down and we would do this right. I explained why I was not happy with when he approached me and that I should have just told him to come back another time. I also acknowledged that there is no formal requirement for him to even ask and I appreciated him doing so.

We had a good talk and, while I know no man is good enough for my daughters, I feel much better than I did after the initial feeble conversation.

I am glad I did it, but I am severely sleep-deprived this morning!

This is, for a father at least, a very complicated conundrum, glad you shared..
What can you tell us about boyfriends #2, and #3?
The stats seem to indicate that choice #1 is way too often not the best choice, meaning only that it doesn't work out long term. Studies on choices #2, or #3 are severely lacking.
You may not be able to calculate the best probable scenario/outcome here, that comes with being a dad...
Most children eventually find a little niche in the grand scheme of things where they fit. This is usually because of parental influence so many years earlier. Sometimes in spite of the same.
I have children, I feel for your concern.
Apparently I do not get to rule the world.
Maybe if my name was Trump?
RS
RS
December 30th, 2015 at 9:21:02 AM permalink
I thought "daughter #1" meant his favorite daughter, not her #1 boyfriend. Kinda like the "#1 Mom/Dad" coffee mugs that people buy their parents.

Did the boyfriend know you were dealing with SW & other child's disciplinary stuff and whatnot? Had you said "come back another time", what kind of message would that have sent the guy (from his perspective)?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 30th, 2015 at 9:52:21 AM permalink

I thought "daughter #1" meant his favorite daughter, not her #1 boyfriend. Kinda like the "#1 Mom/Dad" coffee mugs that people buy their parents.

Did the boyfriend know you were dealing with SW & other child's disciplinary stuff and whatnot? Had you said "come back another time", what kind of message would that have sent the guy (from his perspective)?

Of course, it was #1 daughter, not daughter's #1 boyfriend. I am so often so dense...
I should go back and re-write my response, how long ago was it ?...;-)
ukaserex
ukaserex
  • Threads: 21
December 30th, 2015 at 9:53:06 AM permalink
I am pretty sure Daughter #1 implies the first born daughter. There is no boyfriend #2 or 3. (If there is, I hope daughter #1 says no to the proposal. )
"Those who have no idea what they are doing, genuinely have no idea that they don't know what they are doing." - John Cleese
RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2015 at 11:07:41 AM permalink

"Daughter #1" in that there is another and I will someday be asked this question again...at least, I am likely to be asked...

Yes, he did know. It was obvious. The credit card issue was handled over the phone and I guess I was talking loud enough to wake my wife, which never happens. He was a room closer to that conversation and wide awake. He would have to be deaf to have not heard...

The disciplinary issue was just as obvious; he was in the room when I came in and asked "Daughter #1" (by no means in order preference...I won't do that...but in order of biological emergence) to come talk to me about the issue. He did not come out until after she went back in to the room.

I don't honestly know what message it would have sent, but I feel that I should have said something like "this is very important to me and I am slightly distracted; can we talk first thing in the morning?"...

That wouldn't work...he sleeps until noon all the time unless forced to get up...

I could have said "tomorrow evening"...
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 30th, 2015 at 11:28:57 AM permalink

"Daughter #1" in that there is another and I will someday be asked this question again...at least, I am likely to be asked...

I hope next time the question is asked by a different guy?

RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2015 at 11:40:33 AM permalink
Quote: petroglyph

I hope next time the question is asked by a different guy?

Yes, I hope that the other daughter has a different suitor...but who knows...anything goes these days...
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
December 30th, 2015 at 12:37:37 PM permalink

Yes, I hope that the other daughter has a different suitor...but who knows...anything goes these days...

Thanks for getting the humor. I showed my post to my wife and she smacked me. : )

I had daughters as well,and when a prospective suitor asked for her hand, it seems now that it was just a formality.

Now, I wished I had already had a list of prepared questions on what to grill him about. If the guys are going to ask, they need to be ready to be questioned. IMO. They both must have had fairy dust in their eyes seeing as how it worked out. As we know, there is much more to a marriage than sex.

Not that my girls would listen, but I would know I had done all I could.

Good job, Ron.
GWAE
GWAE
December 30th, 2015 at 1:04:01 PM permalink
I never understood the point of asking in these days. If you ask and the father is happy about it then all is good. In that case even if you didn't ask it would have been good. On the other hand if the guy asks and the father hates him and says no then they are either getting married anyways and the father will be happy; or I guess the daughter would listen but I think that is rare now a days.
RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2015 at 1:23:39 PM permalink

I never understood the point of asking in these days. If you ask and the father is happy about it then all is good. In that case even if you didn't ask it would have been good. On the other hand if the guy asks and the father hates him and says no then they are either getting married anyways and the father will be happy; or I guess the daughter would listen but I think that is rare now a days.

I view it as my opportunity to ask him some questions that don't get asked, with my daughter listening, and letting him tell me how he is going to treat her as she deserves (as she should also treat him). Without any nastiness, I was able to discuss some things with them that I think need to be addressed. Not show stoppers, but things that will improve their relationship moving forward.

Those conversations largely get avoided and I think it is a shirking of our duties to help both of the young adults to the next phase of their lives. Come to think of it, parents spend way too much time not talking to their children as they grow up and letting others have too much influence. The parent is not there to be a friend, but to help guide the child to success as an adult.
GWAE
GWAE
December 30th, 2015 at 2:18:39 PM permalink
I agree with all of that. If everyone was just open and talked about things then it wouldn't be needed.
RonC
RonC
December 30th, 2015 at 2:59:06 PM permalink

I agree with all of that. If everyone was just open and talked about things then it wouldn't be needed.

In many cases, I would say it is not needed at all because there is an open dialogue from the first part of the relationship right up until the point where it moves to an engagement. It would be more of a formality in that case.

I looked at this differently. They were "together" at the same college for about two weeks. He transferred after the summer to a better location for his Petroleum Engineering degree (after 7 years of the "college experience"). She finished her undergrad degree and went on the grad school, where she works 7 days a week while pursuing her degree--5 as a grad assistant and 2 at a business in her major (weekends). Their relationship has been long distance for the most part...and even more distant from us. not by design; just by where they were.

This was actually our longest time together and the perfect opportunity to hear his thoughts from his lips instead of via her. We have a very open dialogue with her; I still wanted to talk to him. I also explained that this is something that we think is important--having a feel for things--in spite of the fact that we are pretty certain they will live more than eight hours away. He has been invited on our vacations, but internships and jobs have kept him from joining us (as they have my #1 son). Just a fact of life.

There was an incident recently where he got mad at my daughter for not coming to his college graduation. She did not plan on going because he said that he did not want to walk, even though she encouraged him to do so. He decided at the last minute to walk and was upset that she couldn't just get off that weekend (this was less than a week before the graduation). They eventually compromised on her flying out to go to a dinner honoring graduates since she was on break from school. The fact that he got so upset about that was an issue for me.

The talk last night covered that issue. I simply asked him how he would better handle that type of situation in the future. I believe the "real" issue was that he was graduating after all these years and didn't have the job he expected lined up (oil is a boom and bust deal...)...so he felt pressure. Knowing the real issue, it was easy to discuss how to do better. Of course, they actually have to do it.
GWAE
GWAE
December 30th, 2015 at 4:52:48 PM permalink
Been watching wheel of fortune lately. There is a piece that says million that is small with the outer parts of that piece being bankrupt. I think they should change one of those pieces to super bankrupt which makes you lose all the money you have won during the game. Then when someone loses their money it goes into a jackpot and the other half of that piece is a jackpot which wins the lost money.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
December 30th, 2015 at 5:45:24 PM permalink

Been watching wheel of fortune lately. There is a piece that says million that is small with the outer parts of that piece being bankrupt. I think they should change one of those pieces to super bankrupt which makes you lose all the money you have won during the game. Then when someone loses their money it goes into a jackpot and the other half of that piece is a jackpot which wins the lost money.

Free Parking for WoF, huh?

I kind of miss that Jackpot round where, if you landed on it and guessed a letter correctly, then guessed the puzzle, you won the Jackpot as well as the game, which was seeded with (I think) 5K + the value of every spin in that round (by all players).
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
December 30th, 2015 at 6:19:12 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Free Parking for WoF, huh?

I kind of miss that Jackpot round where, if you landed on it and guessed a letter correctly, then guessed the puzzle, you won the Jackpot as well as the game, which was seeded with (I think) 5K + the value of every spin in that round (by all players).

Haha yeah I guess that would be like free parking. See I knew it was a good idea. Damn you monopoly for stealing my ideas.

I forgot all about the bonus in wof.
RS
RS
December 30th, 2015 at 7:19:25 PM permalink
Wait, is wheel of fortune slot machine related to the TV show??
GWAE
GWAE
December 30th, 2015 at 7:42:31 PM permalink

Wait, is wheel of fortune slot machine related to the TV show??

U fer reel?
rxwine
rxwine
December 31st, 2015 at 1:06:06 AM permalink

My oldest brother and wife eloped. Almost to their 50th anniversary now.

I don't know if there is a story behind why they did it that way. I never met her parents though.
rxwine
rxwine
December 31st, 2015 at 1:53:28 PM permalink
New Years Eve - just an excuse to have a party and get drunk?

I don't find it any more interesting than say, Friday or Saturday.
GWAE
GWAE
December 31st, 2015 at 2:03:13 PM permalink

New Years Eve - just an excuse to have a party and get drunk?

I will be asleep by 11. Since I started getting up at 445am I have a hard time staying up until 10.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
December 31st, 2015 at 2:10:05 PM permalink

I will be asleep by 11. Since I started getting up at 445am I have a hard time staying up until 10.

We'll all think of you, help me guys - we'll all think of you right about midnight tonight.
Sleep tight GWAE, we missed you.....;-)

You should have been there, the waves were huge, and the babes were.... Well they were babes....
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 31st, 2015 at 2:59:57 PM permalink

Or Sunday or Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday.
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
  • Jump to: