Thread Rating:

MaxPen
MaxPen
  • Threads: 13
November 25th, 2016 at 1:15:49 PM permalink
Conquest is progress and progress is essential.

That would make a good sig line. ;-)
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 25th, 2016 at 4:40:35 PM permalink
I'd love it if our history books reflected more truth and less myth but I doubt it will ever happen. Sure the winners write the history books but the winners often have factions and even the winners oft need to be "politically correct" in their interpretations.

I don't know if conquest is progress; it is change but change may not be progress at all.

I doubt Al Capone will ever be depicted as the number one welfare provider for the entire city of Chicago but he clearly was.

I'm not at all fashion conscious but I do believe that sleeves and cuffs date back to a necessity for the use of a sword and therefore are senseless today. I have no idea why neckties linger on.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
November 26th, 2016 at 3:04:26 AM permalink
Neckties go back a thousand years, to when gentlemen and knights wore their colors and crests. They were a way to identify allies, friends, or foes i think they also hang on as an acceptable way for businessmen to show a bit of individuality in a drab.suit environment. Jmho on the latter.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
November 26th, 2016 at 3:52:58 AM permalink
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
November 26th, 2016 at 4:39:39 AM permalink
Funny how our brains work. I read it as meth since that is what it was supposed to say and couldn't figure out was wrong with the meme
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
December 1st, 2016 at 12:41:18 PM permalink
Please enjoy this Craigslist posting that I wrote:

(Link Removed)

I want to get, 'Best Of,' Craigslist, so please click on, 'Best of,' if you like this.

DISCLAIMER: (Link Removed)
Last edited by: Mission146 on Jan 4, 2017
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 328
December 1st, 2016 at 4:37:54 PM permalink
Sorry, there's no easy way to say this.

That little tale isn't worthy of being included in"best of craigslist."

I'm a CL regular and often peruse the screeds which have risen to the top.

Most are concise, pithy, and with a twist.

Your tale was long, verbose and basically not all that unusual.

So ... your shorts got wet when you dropped then onto the floor in a public restroom?

Somebody missed when he pissed?

Wow, how shocking: not.

BTW: Karma's a bitch.

That'll teach you to leave your rig unattended at the gas pump for a long time, thus preventing others from using it.

Heck, if you did it to me and I had a chance I'd piss on your shorts too.

Just sayin'.
Last edited by: MrV on Dec 1, 2016
"What, me worry?"
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 132
December 2nd, 2016 at 5:48:35 PM permalink
Fair enough, sorry you didn't like it. I probably could have trimmed it down a bit.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
Thanks for this post from:
Rigondeaux
December 2nd, 2016 at 6:24:41 PM permalink
If you look for me at a gas station, you'll never see me parked at a spot. Always parked at a pump, so I never have to back out. I'd just rather not assume the risk or inconvenience of backing up. I backed into too many cars and things before and after I had my license or permit. There is nothing wrong with this or taking your time just because you're at a pump. It is possible I may decide to get gas any time I park at a pump, even if I originally think I won't.

The most interesting gas station story including restrooms I have is what I saw in a toilet. There was a big poop wider than a coke can. I always wondered how it was possible. Told my mom when I got back to the car and she said it must have been a big 400 pound trucker. Wish I had a camera back then. It may have been a Guinness record.
I am a robot.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
December 2nd, 2016 at 6:33:12 PM permalink
M
Quote: Mission146

Fair enough, sorry you didn't like it. I probably could have trimmed it down a bit.

Not even one time using the phrase "to wit"? Automatically disqualifies. These things must be simple enough for most to read, including not being too graphic. Letters From A Nut is a good example.
I am a robot.

• Jump to: