Thread Rating:

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 172
November 24th, 2016 at 6:17:48 PM permalink
This "pillow talk" gave me an idea to try my Airhawk as a pillow.

It's a small seat cushion made for motorcycles, by the same company which make rubberized mattresses for hospitals. The air shifts through individual cells maintaining even pressure.

It's pretty flat though, so I might have to give it some bulk with a folded up towel.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
November 24th, 2016 at 6:21:46 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Give thanks...

Bufducken would not be too appealing, no...
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 326
November 24th, 2016 at 8:36:18 PM permalink
Many native Americans view Thanksgiving as a day of mourning, and for good reason.

"What, me worry?"
DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 29
November 25th, 2016 at 7:17:15 AM permalink
Another group of entitled folks. It's all whitey's fault! Trouble is, most of us arrived here after all the nastiness.
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 25th, 2016 at 8:24:33 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Many native Americans view Thanksgiving as a day of mourning, and for good reason.

The Indian is just pessimistic.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
November 25th, 2016 at 8:49:23 AM permalink
Quote: MrV

Sweet pomp. Party in the front, orthodox jooish on the sides.
100% risk of ruin
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 25th, 2016 at 10:32:35 AM permalink
If anyone is in the Pittsburgh/ohio area and you use fuel rewards I have a HUGE money maker that I will share. PM me and I will share. I am going to unavailable until tomorrow morning so if you pm me I will be slow to repsond.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 326
November 25th, 2016 at 11:52:18 AM permalink
How things change, depending upon political and social conditions.

Imagine that today, a group of a new, heretofore unseen and unknown folk landed uninvited on our eastern shores with much more powerful weapons and organizational strength than we had and demanded our lands and our fealty.

Face it: we really screwed over the native American tribes, taking what was theirs and killing off most of them in the process.

I'm not saying they're entitled anymore to compensation (it was too long ago), but at minimum the Myth of the Thanksgiving dinner as taught in our schools should be debunked.

Does the myth serve to mask the brutal truth of the reality?

Can't people handle the truth, and if not, why not?
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
November 25th, 2016 at 12:58:58 PM permalink
Because the winners write the history books.

All of the Americas got screwed over like this. It is the essence of justification for the prejudice we still carry. More than 500 years of lies ,whether you're Spanish, English, Dutch, French, Portuguese, whatever, when you got here you screwed over the native population with disease, subjugation, lies.

If they're "ignorant savages", you can sell it to the children that you're heroes in winning them a home in the New World.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 172
November 25th, 2016 at 1:13:57 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

If they're "ignorant savages", you can sell it to the children that you're heroes in winning them a home in the New World.

I don't know if it matters what the excuses are, if not savages, some other excuse will be proffered to bring down an opponent. But it does help to demonize them in some way since some of the conquered have already had developing civilization, not just tribal wanderers.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: