Thread Rating:

Hunterhill
Hunterhill
  • Threads: 48
November 23rd, 2016 at 6:12:08 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Does anyone have or had a mypillow. I can't never get a pillow that I am happy with and keep seeing these commercials.

Never had a my pillow but if you like soft pillows,I have a goose down pillow and It's great.
The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
November 23rd, 2016 at 7:56:57 PM permalink
I hate pillows. Well most pillows. I prefer to sleep without a pillow or with a very soft and squishy pillow, so my head is either flat or ever so slightly elevated from the rest of my bed.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
November 23rd, 2016 at 9:01:15 PM permalink
I do know the guy who invented the my pillow also invented the national sleep institute that he quotes saying his pillow is the best. Maybe it is, but talk about bias...

Maybe you should try it. Don't they have a ey back guarantee?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 23rd, 2016 at 9:21:35 PM permalink
There are many websites for patients with sleep difficulties. The consensus seems to be 'experiment' and if it works for you, do it no matter what the experts say.

MyPillow is not that expensive, though cheaper ones abound at the various sleep sites. The main thing is a fresh pillow, not one filled with dust mites, dander or what ever. A portion of dust mite dander mimics the shape of scorpion venom, so it is certainly logical that certain people are extremely sensitive to it.

Airway patency is dependent upon many factors and changing sleep position a few times a night is natural.

Special small pillows for airline travel have proven to be effective for many with sleep difficulties. Pillows shaped as an inverted letter U also have helped. Most experts recommend a slightly elevated sleeping position but I've found that the opposite has helped me from time to time.

Most sleep diseases are really diseases of the kidney and there are three separate biochemical sleep systems that operate often with miscommunication.

Sleep is a bottom up process whereas vigilance is a top down construct. It takes various inter cellular communication to get to sleep and stay asleep.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
November 24th, 2016 at 4:05:23 AM permalink
Flea it is funny that you mention kidney. I sleep just fine but occasionally like today when I wame up I will have a slight pain in my side. Maybe it is my kidney being angry. I also noticed it seems to be worse on nights when I drink too much pepsi.

I often will buy a pillow and love it then it flattens over a short time ano I hate it.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 35
November 24th, 2016 at 4:52:57 AM permalink
Mrs. Joeman and I got a pair of Homtex bamboo pillows from Sam's Club a few months back, and have found they are really comfortable. They are supposed to act like memory foam, but they are fill and not solid foam on the inside. The bamboo is supposed to breathe and be cooler than foam. They are bulkier and heavier than normal pillows, but they keep their shape through the night.

I'm a big guy, and I have also gone through the "get the right pillow combination, but they lose their shape, and it gets uncomfortable too quickly" routine as well. No such problem in the 4 or so months we've been using these. The jury is still out on whether or not they will eventually flatten out, but I suspect it won't be for a long time.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Mooseton
Mooseton
  • Threads: 14
November 24th, 2016 at 5:09:01 AM permalink
Used a gift card on a MyPillow for myself. My wife fell in love with it. It's hers now. :/

If you're going to get one, Get 2 with a buy one get one free promo code online (Savage). Otherwise you'll wind up like me, posting at 5am wishing you used a b1g1 online.
Last edited by: Mooseton on Nov 24, 2016
$1700, 18, 19, 1920, 40, 60,... :/ Thx 'Do it again'. I'll try
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
November 24th, 2016 at 7:38:56 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Flea it is funny that you mention kidney. I sleep just fine but occasionally like today when I wame up I will have a slight pain in my side. Maybe it is my kidney being angry. I also noticed it seems to be worse on nights when I drink too much pepsi.

Probably the sugar, phosphorous or caffeine in the pepsi. Xanthine Oxidase is the enzyme relied upon to detoxify coffee, chocolate, cocaine, etc.

Many people, including practitioners of the black and evil arts of medicine, scoff at me for my allegations of kidney and sleep apnea problems, until I show them all the kidney transplant operations that have resulted in either immediate severe sleep apnea or its immediate cure.
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
November 24th, 2016 at 10:07:50 AM permalink
I did not google or even go to their website but while on a Facebook a few minutes ago and my suggested ad was for mypillow. Crazy this internet big brother is.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 173
November 24th, 2016 at 1:50:13 PM permalink
Give thanks...

Everything is in high definition today except Bigfoot and UFOs

• Jump to: