Thread Rating:

MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 364
June 5th, 2018 at 4:35:42 PM permalink
Quote: Ibeatyouraces

For the "2018 Dead Pool" thread on DT, Kate Spade fashion designer 55.

A suicide, no less.

Hung herself with a scarf: I wonder who designed it?
"What, me worry?"
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
SOOPOO
June 5th, 2018 at 4:48:48 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

A suicide, no less.

Hung herself with a scarf: I wonder who designed it?

oh that is too funny.

What a coward to hang yourself when you have a 13 year old. F her
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
GWAE
GWAE
June 5th, 2018 at 4:50:22 PM permalink
for those of you on the east coast. Has anyone ever been to Hocking Hills State Park

I just booked a room in a cabin for a weekend. Wife wanted to camp, I decided to glamp. We are going to spend the weekend hiking the trails and seeing the waterfalls. I hear it is really nice.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
MrV
MrV
June 5th, 2018 at 5:13:54 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

What a coward to hang yourself when you have a 13 year old. F her

Indeed.

I had a case where the father hung himself, and later his son was telling me how people pissed him off because they were always telling him that he'd hang himself just like his old man did.

He told me he'd prove them wrong.

A few years later he hung himself.

Sad, the dynamics which a suicide can put into play with the survivors.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
June 5th, 2018 at 7:58:24 PM permalink

they were always telling him that he'd hang himself just like his old man did.

He told me he'd prove them wrong.

A few years later he hung himself.

It's a fact that if a father kills
himself it weighs heavily on
the son to do the same thing.
Hemingway's father shot himself
and Hemingway said for decades
he would do the same thing.

It was his mother that was the
problem. She drove her husband
nuts with the constant nagging,
and no matter what Ernest did,
however much he accomplished
it wasn't enough. She emasculated
both of them to the point of
suicide.
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 240
June 5th, 2018 at 10:23:25 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

They will call. It always pays to be informed.

A persons debts do not die with them. Almost every will I have ever seen states that the executor must pay the deceased debts before settling the estate.

These are state laws, by the way, not Federal.

In NY, I can only be held responsible for debts my wife incurs if I co-sign for it. Co-sign for a car and you can get stuck with the payments after death or divorce. As explained to me by the lawyer who set up my estate, Nevada says any debts that originate during marriage are joint, even if I don't know about it at the time. If Wifey buys her secret boy toy a car, I'm as responsible for it as she is.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
billryan
billryan 
June 5th, 2018 at 10:35:20 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

It's a fact that if a father kills
himself it weighs heavily on
the son to do the same thing.
Hemingway's father shot himself
and Hemingway said for decades
he would do the same thing.

It was his mother that was the
problem. She drove her husband
nuts with the constant nagging,
and no matter what Ernest did,
however much he accomplished
it wasn't enough. She emasculated
both of them to the point of
suicide.

I thought personal responsibility was a big thing for you guys. Now Ernie's dead mommy made him kill himself.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
June 5th, 2018 at 10:43:05 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

A persons debts do not die with them. Almost every will I have ever seen states that the executor must pay the deceased debts before settling the estate.

The will says it, or the state law says it? As I wouldn't expect most people to worry whether their creditors were paid off after they were dead or write it into their will.

Well, I'm not going to write it in. They want something, they can come pry it out of my cold dead hands. Heh. Won't likely be a gun though.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
GWAE
GWAE
June 6th, 2018 at 3:40:10 AM permalink

These are state laws, by the way, not Federal.

In NY, I can only be held responsible for debts my wife incurs if I co-sign for it. Co-sign for a car and you can get stuck with the payments after death or divorce. As explained to me by the lawyer who set up my estate, Nevada says any debts that originate during marriage are joint, even if I don't know about it at the time. If Wifey buys her secret boy toy a car, I'm as responsible for it as she is.

It has to do with community property laws. There are only a few states that have laws for that. IiRC most of the western states are joint.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 6th, 2018 at 8:27:28 AM permalink
Eveeryone: its hanged, not hung.

Everyone has demons, sometimes the demons win when the various ups and downs coincide to make an excessive downer. There but for the grace of God go I.

Hemingway? Mariel Hemmingway was kind of cute in her first movie. What happened to her? I can't even recall. Did she ever get drunk in Fort Myers Beach and throw knives at waitresses?

debts? why would anyone want their debts paid off. Make the creditors hire a lawyer.
MrV
MrV
June 6th, 2018 at 9:19:15 AM permalink
It is reported that Ms. Spade had been fighting a diagnosed bipolar disorder, and that she left a note telling her daughter it was not her fault.

Sad all the way around.
"What, me worry?"
1MatterToMotion
1MatterToMotion
  • Threads: 0
June 6th, 2018 at 9:54:12 AM permalink

It is reported that Ms. Spade had been fighting a diagnosed bipolar disorder.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/is-bipolar-disorder-linked-to-gut-bacteria-toronto-doctor-studies-new-treatment-1.3927277
Never make a bet that you wouldn't take, yourself.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
June 6th, 2018 at 11:14:54 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Eveeryone: its hanged, not hung.

Everyone has demons, sometimes the demons win when the various ups and downs coincide to make an excessive downer. There but for the grace of God go I.

Hemingway? Mariel Hemmingway was kind of cute in her first movie. What happened to her? I can't even recall. Did she ever get drunk in Fort Myers Beach and throw knives at waitresses?

debts? why would anyone want their debts paid off. Make the creditors hire a lawyer.

Mariel has famously battled mental illness throughout her life. She pretty much retired from acting, but writes self-help books about battling her illness. She had a career for about 15 years, was acclaimed for several movies, panned for others.

Her sister, Margaux, was a suicide in the 90s. Margaux had a big career also, but did not survive it. I liked Margaux a lot, was upset at the time. Wiki, for whatever reason, calls it an overdose, but Muriel calls it a suicide, so I think she would know.

Suicide may run in the family. I'm sure there are genetic studies one way or the other, but I'm not conversant on it. Pretty sure bipolar is genetic for at least some people, as it's chemical imbalance.

Worked a show once with a brilliant, beautiful actress who was bipolar. She would take her meds until she was in total manic phase, then throw them away ("cured"), then crash. Crash is REALLY ugly. For whatever reason, it was my job to get her on stage every night of a 3 week rehearsal and 6 week run.

The night she didn't show up, I had to break into her apartment and get her. She was crouched under the bathroom sink, against the toilet, chewing her fingers to bloody ribbons. Streaks of blood everywhere as she fought off the things coming for her. End of show. End of career, I think.

RIP Kate Spade. I hope it wasn't that severe for her, but very sad for her if it was.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
billryan
billryan 
Thanked by
SOOPOO
June 6th, 2018 at 12:05:57 PM permalink

The will says it, or the state law says it? As I wouldn't expect most people to worry whether their creditors were paid off after they were dead or write it into their will.

Well, I'm not going to write it in. They want something, they can come pry it out of my cold dead hands. Heh. Won't likely be a gun though.

I disagree. I think most people are honorable and would want their obligations filled. If you borrow, and your intent was to see the person made whole, death isn't part of the equation.
rxwine
rxwine
June 6th, 2018 at 12:17:47 PM permalink

I disagree. I think most people are honorable and would want their obligations filled. If you borrow, and your intent was to see the person made whole, death isn't part of the equation.

If honor has anything to do with it, you don't try to trick the survivors into doing something that is not legally binding by making them pay for the deceased.

If honor has anything to do with it, you wouldn't charge excessive interest rates, except what makes a fair profit.

I could probably think of a bunch more, however, once we've established that honor was involved, I agree.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 6th, 2018 at 12:21:43 PM permalink

If honor has anything to do with it, you wouldn't charge excessive interest rates, except what makes a fair profit.

I'm not smart enough to know what a fair interest rate to charge someone for a 1 year loan who has no credit history, no collateral, and no job. Please tell me what that rate is? I have a friend who sells furniture in a low income area, and these are his customers.
rxwine
rxwine
June 6th, 2018 at 12:31:22 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I'm not smart enough to know what a fair interest rate to charge someone for a 1 year loan who has no credit history, no collateral, and no job. Please tell me what that rate is? I have a friend who sells furniture in a low income area, and these are his customers.

Disreputable profession. Sorry. I knew how to get cheap furniture, if you don't need it new. Always did.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
June 6th, 2018 at 12:54:51 PM permalink

Disreputable profession. Sorry. I knew how to get cheap furniture, if you don't need it new. Always did.

I asked him about his profession. He said the 'regular' stores would never sell a $2000 living room set to a guy who would come in off the street with $1000 cash and no 'official' means to make more. So the hard working illegals, as well as prostitutes, drug dealers, bookies, etc.... would have no access to the credit he was willing to offer. So he would sell that set of furniture that costs him $900 wholesale for $1000 up front and $100 a month for 12 months. Of course there are some (many) times he doesn't see the full $2200, but some (many) times he does. I don't see it as disreputable at all.
billryan
billryan 
June 6th, 2018 at 3:29:41 PM permalink

If honor has anything to do with it, you don't try to trick the survivors into doing something that is not legally binding by making them pay for the deceased.

I could probably think of a bunch more, however, once we've established that honor was involved, I agree.

The dead person owes something. If he is dead, then the estate owes it. If a home owner dies, does that mean the bank eats the mortgage and the family gets the house without paying what is owed? If he used a credit card to buy a swimming pool, is that suddenly a freebie?

I'm sorry but who decides what is a fair profit? I am a one man operation. Should I charge less than a company that employees a dozen salesmen? If a customer is willing to pay $50 to buy it at my competitors, are you suggesting it is dishonorable for me to sell at the same price because my profit margin is higher? I realize I could sell for less as my expenses are lower, but that's a competitive advantage I may or may not choose to use.

Should Flaming Frank sell his books at less than Metropolis does because he doesn't have the same overhead so would make more profit?
linksjunkie
linksjunkie
  • Threads: 11
June 6th, 2018 at 4:08:05 PM permalink
Hello. Hocking hills is great. Grew up not too far away.

Not sure where you're staying but if you are not too far from Laurelville you should definitely stop by the Apple House / Laurelviile fruit Co. I believe they're on Facebook.

Best apple cider you will ever have.

Multiple caves/parks in the area. Good hike from Old mans cave to Ash cave. Old mans cave is the largest of the parks. Rock house is pretty impressive.
Son you ain’t paying attention I’m cutting you but you ain’t bleeding - Foghorn Leghorn
rxwine
rxwine
June 6th, 2018 at 4:30:48 PM permalink

The dead person owes something. If he is dead, then the estate owes it. If a home owner dies, does that mean the bank eats the mortgage and the family gets the house without paying what is owed? If he used a credit card to buy a swimming pool, is that suddenly a freebie?

Don't misunderstand. I did not say I would do anything illegal. I said I am not looking to pay any dead person's obligations. I do not owe anything. I do not feel any loss of honor whether they are payed or not. And as long as I don't violate any laws, that's good enough for me. And if I'm the dead person, I'm not worried about it either.

Quote:

I'm sorry but who decides what is a fair profit?

Boy, that's a longer discussion than I care to make. For instance if as some drug companies have done, and charge 4, 5, 600 percent on a drug is that fair profit? Maybe you argue yes. Maybe that's price gouging? Where does it become price gouging, and okay high prices?
GWAE
GWAE
June 6th, 2018 at 6:16:59 PM permalink
Quote: linksjunkie

Hello. Hocking hills is great. Grew up not too far away.

Not sure where you're staying but if you are not too far from Laurelville you should definitely stop by the Apple House / Laurelviile fruit Co. I believe they're on Facebook.

Best apple cider you will ever have.

Multiple caves/parks in the area. Good hike from Old mans cave to Ash cave. Old mans cave is the largest of the parks. Rock house is pretty impressive.

I will look into that. I have seen some pictures of caves and they look fun.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
June 6th, 2018 at 7:32:18 PM permalink
Insurance companies don't notify beneficiaries when they know someone is dead. Technically separate arms of the company, but they don't force anyone to take away their money. This might have changed, there was press about it with state AGs going after them, but not sure if it's back to business as usual.
I am a robot.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 232
June 7th, 2018 at 3:04:18 AM permalink

being honorable doesn't mean you are ethically bound to pay off your wife's credit card bills

your wife may have been an out of control shopaholic

you are not your wife. you are a different person

that is not your problem. the credit card companies lured her into risky deals that allowed her to do that and that destroy many people and cause thousands of bankruptcies. let them suffer. it's good for them to suffer. they just pass it on to the fools who are willing to pay 24% interest anyway.

if I go on a binge in Las Vegas with my credit cards that is my responsibility to pay and mine alone. it's not my wife's responsibility.if I'm dead, well, that's just tough luck. don't ask me to shed a tear for credit card companies or big banks. my eyes are dry.
Last edited by: lilredrooster on Jun 7, 2018
Please don't feed the trolls
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 7th, 2018 at 3:08:43 AM permalink
Apple is closing in on being the first company in history to have a trillion dollar market value.

Pretty amazing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/business/apple-market-value.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fbusiness&action=click&contentCollection=business&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
Thanked by
GWAE
June 7th, 2018 at 7:12:57 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

Apple is closing in on being the first company in history to have a trillion dollar market value.

Pretty amazing.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/06/business/apple-market-value.html?rref=collection%2Fsectioncollection%2Fbusiness&action=click&contentCollection=business&region=stream&module=stream_unit&version=latest&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront

That’s what happens when you sell an $800 phone every other year to nearly every man, woman, and child in the US.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 7th, 2018 at 7:39:48 AM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

being honorable doesn't mean you are ethically bound to pay off your wife's credit card bills

your wife may have been an out of control shopaholic

you are not your wife. you are a different person

that is not your problem. the credit card companies lured her into risky deals that allowed her to do that and that destroy many people and cause thousands of bankruptcies. let them suffer. it's good for them to suffer. they just pass it on to the fools who are willing to pay 24% interest anyway.

if I go on a binge in Las Vegas with my credit cards that is my responsibility to pay and mine alone. it's not my wife's responsibility.if I'm dead, well, that's just tough luck. don't ask me to shed a tear for credit card companies or big banks. my eyes are dry.

Fwiw, having worked in bankrupt/deceased visa accounts at Citibank for a year....

1. There are very strict rules about how collections can approach these accounts. It usually involves lawyers.

2. The estate is classed as either "asset" or "no asset". Those two files are handled differently.

3. A lot depends on probate. Which itself depends heavily on state law. It takes months, sometimes years, to pursue and possibly net recovery, in whole or in part.

4. In evaluating risk, interest rates, depth of pursuit, even collector compensation, Citibank assumed a certain percentage of unrecoverable debt. At the time I worked there, it was about 4%, with a quarterly reset. There came a time when the file was archived without receiving any recovery. Collectors got bonuses if they could beat the assumed rate.

But this was 1985, and interest rates were sky-high. No idea what it is now, laws and the economy have changed a lot, not to mention credit practices. Point being, everyone was being charged a little more in interest to pay for the deadbeats, than they otherwise would.

Moral: IDK. Pay your bill before it accrues interest (so you're not paying for deadbeats)? Don't ever get a joint account? (That one depends on the state of residence, whether your inheritors are protected.) Die penniless?
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
June 7th, 2018 at 8:08:33 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

3. A lot depends on probate. Which itself depends heavily on state law.

A lot of married couples don't have a will and when one dies the estate automatically passes to the other. No probate is required or necessary.
At least in my state. I've been through this and consulted an attorney and been advised that nothing had to be done in this situation (when a spouse dies and the other partner in the marriage is alive.) It's possible other states have different laws regarding this but to the best of my knowledge it's standard.
I believe that even without a will, the children can challenge the passing of the total estate to the other partner and create a legal action.
After one has died it is highly recommended that the living spouse creates a will.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
June 7th, 2018 at 8:36:18 AM permalink
Many states have some sort of Summary Administration proceeding that is quick and simple but beware.
If no will, a frequent situation is spouse gets one third and children share two-thirds.
However a will is generally advisable as is a trust document. Death in an auto accident wherein order of death is difficult to determine can be a problem so wills and trusts can avoid protracted expensive litigation. And a tort claim for wrongful death can be a major asset so differences between the will and the trust can become vital particularly as to such things as the meaning of the word "children". The word has different meanings in a will than in a trust document.

And a lottery ticket is an expectation generally subject to the will not the trust document, so be careful there too.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
June 7th, 2018 at 6:16:41 PM permalink
I saw Solo yesterday. 5/10, probably wouldn't have seen it if it didn't have the Star Wars name attached.

I would love to see more backstory on the Sith, it seems more interesting then the current characters.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
GWAE
GWAE
June 7th, 2018 at 6:18:09 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

I saw Solo yesterday. 5/10, probably wouldn't have seen it if it didn't have the Star Wars name attached.

I would love to see more backstory on the Sith, it seems more interesting then the current characters.

I have no plans on seeing it, just like I wont watch that last non star wars star wars movie.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
June 7th, 2018 at 6:31:40 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

I grew up on ST:TNG and never saw a Star Wars movie up until a few years ago. I like the original Trilogy and all, but I will never understand what the extreme hype and fanfare is about.

Solo was alright, I’d give it a 6/10.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 7th, 2018 at 6:52:47 PM permalink
All Star Wars movies are actually -5/7.
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 21
June 7th, 2018 at 7:23:07 PM permalink
Quote: RS

All Star Wars movies are actually -5/7.

Bull butter.

The Empire Strikes Back alone is one of the best movies of all time. Even if you have never seen any of the other films.
billryan
billryan 
June 7th, 2018 at 8:25:35 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

Bull butter.

The Empire Strikes Back alone is one of the best movies of all time. Even if you have never seen any of the other films.

Let me guess, you were about ten when you first saw it?
Keeneone
Keeneone
June 7th, 2018 at 8:47:09 PM permalink

Let me guess, you were about ten when you first saw it?

Younger. But I have seen it so many times age does not really factor into it. I loved it because it was sooooo dark and yet still exciting. The "good guys" do not even "win" in the end. How many films end like that and leave you wanting more? IMO, it is a masterpiece.
gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 60
June 7th, 2018 at 9:21:17 PM permalink
When you have already seen movies such as Interstellar and Gravity and Avengers: Infinity War then Star Wars does not seem like a great movie.

But at the time that it first hit the theaters (1977?) it was like nothing we had ever seen.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
June 7th, 2018 at 9:29:52 PM permalink
The Apollo missions and 2001 were fun movies
100% risk of ruin
Keeneone
Keeneone
June 7th, 2018 at 9:36:47 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

The Apollo missions and 2001 were fun movies

I hear S. Kubrick directed all of those...are you a fan of his "films"??? :)

I really liked The Shining

rxwine
rxwine
June 7th, 2018 at 10:42:48 PM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

When you have already seen movies such as Interstellar and Gravity and Avengers: Infinity War then Star Wars does not seem like a great movie.

But at the time that it first hit the theaters (1977?) it was like nothing we had ever seen.

That's the way I remember it. I saw it in a theater in Tallahassee when it premiered. My initial thought was the FX had skipped a natural progression, like what often happens with things where you can see influences from previous work. I was dazzled enough that it felt like the movie had skipped a couple steps of natural progression. That may be hard to believe now, but it both had this comic book story with high tech effects that had come out of nowhere it seemed.
Veronika
Veronika
  • Threads: 0
June 8th, 2018 at 5:19:50 AM permalink
I recommend to see the TRILLER "Contractor". In the center of the events of the picture is Elizabeth Chase, who together with her husband Paul and daughter Mackenzie is busy repairing her new house. To quickly finish all the work, she hires a worker, Javier, to help him. However, Elizabeth's heart is soon full of suspicions about her employee. It seems to her that Javier has some kind of own goal in relation to her
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 36
June 8th, 2018 at 5:23:56 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

I have no plans on seeing it, just like I wont watch that last non star wars star wars movie.

You might want to reconsider watching Rogue One, if that's the movie you are referring to. IMHO, this was the best movie of the franchise since the original trilogy.

I have not seen the last two movies in the franchise. I do plan to see The Last Jedi at some point, but like you, I'm not at all excited by Solo.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
June 8th, 2018 at 5:38:27 AM permalink
Awh man...Anthony Bourdain committed suicide.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
June 8th, 2018 at 5:57:44 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

Awh man...Anthony Bourdain committed suicide.

Oh crap! :( He's one of the last people I would think would commit suicide. RIP. :(
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
June 8th, 2018 at 6:03:25 AM permalink
Quote: Nathan

Oh crap! :( He's one of the last people I would think would commit suicide. RIP. :(

I'm not super surprised. If you read his books, he talks about having terrible issues with depression and drug addiction throughout his life.
Nathan
Nathan
  • Threads: 66
June 8th, 2018 at 6:09:30 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

You might want to reconsider watching Rogue One, if that's the movie you are referring to. IMHO, this was the best movie of the franchise since the original trilogy.

I have not seen the last two movies in the franchise. I do plan to see The Last Jedi at some point, but like you, I'm not at all excited by Solo.

I read more people enjoyed Rogue One over The Last Jedi. People were like,"I can't believe I like a standalone Star Wars movie over a direct sequel!"
In both The Hunger Games and in gambling, may the odds be ever in your favor. :D "Man Babes" #AxelFabulous "Olive oil is processed but it only has one ingredient, olive oil."-Even Bob, March 27/28th. :D The 2 year war is over! Woo-hoo! :D I sometimes speak in metaphors. ;) Remember this. ;) Crack the code. :D 8.9.13.25.14.1.13.5.9.19.14.1.20.8.1.14! :D "For about the 4096th time, let me offer a radical idea to those of you who don't like Nathan -- block her and don't visit Nathan's Corner. What is so complicated about it?" Wizard, August 21st. :D
MrV
MrV
June 8th, 2018 at 8:06:10 AM permalink
Very sad to learn that Anthony Bourdain killed himself.

R.I.P.
"What, me worry?"
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
June 8th, 2018 at 9:19:46 AM permalink
Anthony Bourdain was given awesome and terrible gifts, and he used both to extremes. He made me realize that we live, not in a world of strangers, but in a thousand neighborhoods. He made all cultures accessible and displayed our commonality in our daily need for food, family, and relevance.

An awful loss of creativity and perspective. I will miss him. RIP has seldom seemed so appropriate.
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
June 8th, 2018 at 10:50:21 AM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

I hear S. Kubrick directed all of those...are you a fan of his "films"??? :)

I really liked The Shining

Indeed! A Clockwork Orange is one of my all time favs.
100% risk of ruin
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
  • Threads: 164
June 8th, 2018 at 11:24:28 AM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

A Clockwork Orange is one of my all time favs.

I had never even heard of that movie untill someone mentioned it on the forum. So, I loaded it up, and let's just say I didn't get that far, It just wasn't for me.

I was really young when I saw the Shining. I can only remember bits and pieces. I Never took the time to rewatch it.

I was fairly young when I saw The Exorcist and that was a little scary because I actully thought that sh*t could possibly happen.

The question is...what was my mom thinking to let me watch all that stuff? perhaps she thought it was educational since she believes in all that stuff. Bigfoot, UFO's, Lochness monster, demons, possessions, angels, GOD.

However, she is not foolish enough to believe in DI or betting systems.

Edit for format - mod.
Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Jun 8, 2018
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
  • Jump to: