Thread Rating:

lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 205
June 15th, 2022 at 1:54:11 AM permalink

actor Philip Baker just passed - he was best known for his portrayal of a "Library Cop" on a Seinfeld episode

some have called it the funniest Seinfeld episode of all time - Jerry takes a lot of heat for an overdue book

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
avianrandy
avianrandy
  • Threads: 8
June 15th, 2022 at 7:58:32 AM permalink
Figured you would post this in celebrity deaths thread in lieu of miscellaneous rooster. I occasionally watched Seinfeld. I was more of a Cheers fan.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
June 15th, 2022 at 9:39:42 AM permalink
My younger son just turned 30. How???? I mean, I’m still young, right?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
June 15th, 2022 at 10:08:53 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

link to original post

Do you drive with your blinker on? Are you getting mailers for funeral and cemetery plot arrangements?
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 12
June 15th, 2022 at 11:44:08 AM permalink

link to original post

Although I have no useful answers for these questions, I wish to extend the usual congratulations on another successful orbit of the nearest star.
May the cards fall in your favor.
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 80
June 15th, 2022 at 11:46:06 AM permalink

link to original post

Soopoo, you are retired and spend half of your time in Florida. You are definitely old. Sadly, my only child is older than your youngest.
Order from chaos
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 179
June 15th, 2022 at 12:52:24 PM permalink
WASHINGTON — The Supreme Court on Wednesday sided with Native American tribes in Texas over the state, which has tried for years to shut down bingo facilities on their reservations.

The court ruled 5-4 that Texas doesn’t have a say over games offered on reservations if it allows those same games elsewhere — even if they are highly regulated. Texas permits some bingo facilities to operate, but the proceeds have to go to charity and must be approved through local elections.

“Texas contends that Congress expressly ordained that all of its gaming laws should be treated as surrogate federal law,” Justice Neil Gorsuch wrote in the majority opinion. “In the end, however, we find no evidence Congress endowed state law with anything like the power Texas claims.”
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
BillHasRetired
BillHasRetired
  • Threads: 3
June 15th, 2022 at 5:42:06 PM permalink
Late to the kiddie MMA party.

The law is...that after they get their bell rung in the cage, these kids have to put on a helmet to ride their bikes back home.

When I was taking mandatory boxing class in college, we were required to wear headgear at all times. I still lost a few seconds when a buddy of mine caught me with my guard down (I returned the favor)
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 205
June 17th, 2022 at 1:31:46 AM permalink

Microsoft is permanently disabling Internet Explorer - some are waxing nostalgic - others not

"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 115
June 17th, 2022 at 7:15:38 AM permalink
Correcting DRich…. I’m only spending a little over a month in Florida…. Wanted to do the snowbird thing but $$ and a few other things holding me back.

Played golf yesterday in 90+ humid conditions. Really tried to overdrink to stay hydrated. After the round my forearms essentially stopped working…. I needed help opening a car door!!! (Luckily I carpooled). Only lasted a short while to that degree. I got the ‘electrolyte’ lecture from wifey. Next time will buy at least one Gatorade to supplement my diet Iced Tea supply.

• Jump to: