Thread Rating:

jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
April 23rd, 2021 at 1:54:10 AM permalink
One of my professors was a scientist for nasa. Probably still is. I saw him in vegas. I saw another physics professor during the shot show. He didnt know how to play blackjack.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 171
April 29th, 2021 at 2:37:57 PM permalink
A Las Vegas television anchor was arrested after being found asleep and naked in her parked car, with no memory of how she got there.

Feven Kiflegiorgis, whose on-air name at KVVU-TV is Feven Kay, was sentenced last week to a $1,000 fine and ordered to take driving lessons, reported the Las Vegas Review-Journal.

She was charged with reckless driving with a disregard for the safety of a person or property.

She was arrested at about 7:30 a.m. on March 20 after being found behind the wheel of her Audi, according to the report from the Metropolitan Police Department, reported the Review-Journal.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 325
April 29th, 2021 at 4:26:53 PM permalink
I was absurdly blessed in college.

I was introduced to existentialism at that time in a course "French Literature in Translation."

I consider existentialism to be the closest thing to my personal philosophy, and the handbook if you will is Camus' "The Stranger."

I was introduced to the writings of Camus, Sartre and others by my professir, who was a contemporary of Albert Camus who had spent time and IIRC even fought side by side with him against the Nazis in the French resistance in WWII.

Powerful stuff for a kid from the suburbs.
"What, me worry?"
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 433
April 29th, 2021 at 4:36:22 PM permalink
Quote: lilredrooster

they no doubt have illegal gambling - I'm not going to go looking for that

They have a huge Chinese population, of course they have illegal gambling
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 29th, 2021 at 4:46:11 PM permalink
Quote: MrV

even fought side by side with him against the Nazis in the French resistance in WWII.

This stuff was common in the 60s. My 9th grade English teacher was a young girl in the underground in Holland during the war. My 11th grade literature teacher was in the forces that freed the death camps in 1945. My 10th grade math teacher was a German girl whose parents immigrated here in 1946 and she absolutely refused to discuss anything to do with World War II. In 1964 we had an assembly where they showed us a documentary about the death camps. Not only did she refuse to attend, she left school and didn't come back for a week and almost lost her job. She fought really hard against the school showing this documentary. I'm sure she did, it embarrassed the crap out of her.

Footnote to the Eager Beaver mods, this is not political this is historical. There is a difference.
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 29th, 2021 at 4:48:55 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

A Las Vegas television anchor was arrested after being found asleep and naked in her parked car,

This is her. Why are girls like this found naked in their car and I'm never around when it happens.

SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
April 30th, 2021 at 12:48:46 PM permalink
I can now get $5 slot free play by showing my proof of vaccination at Seneca Niagara. Now thatís a serious incentive to get vaccinated....
EvenBob
EvenBob
April 30th, 2021 at 3:32:45 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I can now get $5 slot free play by showing my proof of vaccination at Seneca Niagara. Now thatís a serious incentive to get vaccinated....

I wouldn't do it if it was $500. Don't like vaccinations, I only had one in my entire life and I had no choice.
rainman
rainman
  • Threads: 18
Thanks for this post from:
odiousgambit
April 30th, 2021 at 4:13:14 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Look Man we have our differences, but if you really need 5bucks I'm there for ya.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 184
May 1st, 2021 at 5:41:02 AM permalink

𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐈 𝐛𝐞𝐚𝐭 𝐅𝐚𝐜𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐠𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐓𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫

well, I oversold in the title - I didn't actually beat them - but I diverted them when they're snooping on me

whenever I'm logged in to one of their sites in another tab I search for stuff like this - feminine stuff that I could care less about:

how to make a delicious tuna casserole

where to buy a fancy hat to show off at the Preakness

how to learn macrame

how to teach your child origami

can you make money selling your embroidery on ebay?

where can I get a bra that fits me good because I'm small chested?

can you buy Nora Roberts romance novels in hardback at a big discount?

how can you meet a man on the internet that you can really trust?

are internet dating sites safe?

which do you think are the luckiest slot machines?

does your man respect you?

etc. etc. etc...........................

so now I get ads that I could care less about

it's pretty funny.................to me anyway

Last edited by: lilredrooster on May 1, 2021
"𝘣𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘦𝘷𝘦 𝘩𝘢𝘭𝘧 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘴𝘦𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘯𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘩𝘦𝘢𝘳"______Edgar Allan Poe

• Jump to: