Quote: lilredrooster

I decided to try tumeric
I took one 500 mg pill in the morning
nothing happened and I thought sh** - I wasted my money yet again
but then in the afternoon the pain completely disappeared
I was somewhat shocked - I didn't really expect it to work

thanks again

* [/q
I think you need to take it for about a week for the full effect.

The mountain is tall but grass grows on top of the mountain.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 162
February 17th, 2021 at 3:50:40 AM permalink

incredible story
Citibank mistakenly wired almost $1 billion to various places
and it can't get back about $500 million - U.S. District Court ruling

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/16/business/citibank-revlon-lawsuit-ruling/index.html
𝘱𝘢𝘵𝘳𝘪𝘰𝘵: 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳 𝘭𝘰𝘶𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘩𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵............. ᴍᴀʀᴋ ᴛᴡᴀɪɴ
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 45
February 17th, 2021 at 4:50:39 AM permalink
Quote: fantom

"Unless they are paying you?" Isn't the exercise of filing so that they WILL pay you - but with your own money that's already been withheld?

Remarkably not!
In the UK, the exercise of filing is to determine the small amount of tax that we need to pay to balance the account. We aspire to pay our tax as late as possible even if that means a big payment due in January
A fundamental difference between the UK and US income tax systems is that in the UK, we don't tend to overpay throughout the year and then get a rebate. Under our PAYE system, we generally pay the correct amount and don't file anything! Where we do self assessment, that usually precedes us sending a small payment, or very unusually getting a rebate.
I'm always bemused when I read how popular your countrymens' idea of an annual rebate cheque seems to be.
I'd be annoyed to discover that I'd given my government an interest free loan every every year.
Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
February 22nd, 2021 at 6:29:37 PM permalink
Solarwinds ground zero for biggest data hack had a password of "Solarwinds123"
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 177
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
February 22nd, 2021 at 6:56:45 PM permalink
Quote: OnceDear

Remarkably not!
In the UK, the exercise of filing is to determine the small amount of tax that we need to pay to balance the account. We aspire to pay our tax as late as possible even if that means a big payment due in January
A fundamental difference between the UK and US income tax systems is that in the UK, we don't tend to overpay throughout the year and then get a rebate. Under our PAYE system, we generally pay the correct amount and don't file anything! Where we do self assessment, that usually precedes us sending a small payment, or very unusually getting a rebate.
I'm always bemused when I read how popular your countrymens' idea of an annual rebate cheque seems to be.
I'd be annoyed to discover that I'd given my government an interest free loan every every year.

A lot of my immigrant friends in NY look at it as if it were an investment club. They contribute all year and get an annual payoff.
The El Cortez used to have a decent promo for cashing your refund check, and many companies will match your refund when buying over-priced furniture, so it has it's purposes.

• Jump to: