Thread Rating:

onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 206
March 22nd, 2020 at 8:43:10 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

The mind is like a parachute. Dead weight unless one chooses to open it.

Check the maximum weight tolerance before jumping.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 165
March 22nd, 2020 at 8:47:24 PM permalink
I vaguely remember the Jolters. The Chiefs almost always seemed to play either the Bay Area Bombers or the Chicago Pioneers on television. Im sure there must have been other teams.
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 153
Thanks for this post from:
onenickelmiracle
March 23rd, 2020 at 4:54:48 AM permalink
pretty funny............................. 😄

with almost zero sports events happening now, this guy, a rugby announcer, gives sports broadcasting like commentaries about people doing mundane tasks like crossing the street -

who will get to the other side first

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/22/world/europe/coronavirus-nick-heath-rugby.html
"but I don't care too much for money..........money can't buy me love".............. the Beatles
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
onenickelmiraclebeachbumbabsFleaStiff
March 25th, 2020 at 4:53:14 AM permalink
a shout out to Fleastiff
a few months ago he recommended L-Arginine for my joint pain
I did my due diligence and it got good reviews
I've used and it's helped a lot

thanks a lot dude
"but I don't care too much for money..........money can't buy me love".............. the Beatles
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 15
March 27th, 2020 at 10:58:10 AM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

It is basically a Federal response to ID security after 9/11.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_Act
https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
Nevada info:
https://dmvnv.com/realid.htm

Enforcement has been delayed a couple of times to the current the Oct 2020 date.

Real ID enforcement has again been delayed by DHS (new date: October 1, 2021):

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2020/03/26/acting-secretary-chad-wolf-statement-real-id-enforcement-deadline
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 165
March 27th, 2020 at 2:58:20 PM permalink
Haven't we been hearing this same song for the last fifteen years?
Keeneone
Keeneone
  • Threads: 15
March 27th, 2020 at 3:11:15 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

Haven't we been hearing this same song for the last fifteen years?

The latest delay is obviously about the current situation.

I need to transfer a title (for a recent auto purchase) and I was going to go ahead and update my NV DL while there. Of course the DMV is shuttered now (from NV DMV site):
-The Department does not anticipate reopening until April 16 at the earliest.-

I wonder what the DMV experience will be like when it reopens? :)
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
onenickelmiracle
March 30th, 2020 at 2:05:57 PM permalink
the wisdom of detective Charlie Chan:

"Waiting for tomorrow waste of today.”

“Mind like parachute - only function when open.”

“Long journey always start with one short step.”

“Optimist only sees doughnut. Pessimist sees hole.”

“Front seldom tell truth. To know occupants of house, always look in backyard.”

“If you want wild bird to sing do not put him in cage.”

“Suspicion often father of truth.”

“Journey of life like feather in stream - must go with current.”

"Madness twin brother of genius because each live in world created by own ego. One sometimes mistaken for the other."

“One grain of luck sometimes worth more than whole rice field of wisdom.”
Jimmy2Times
Jimmy2Times
  • Threads: 1
April 2nd, 2020 at 6:43:26 AM permalink
Another top fighter has passed on - RIP to the hard hitting and exciting to watch 1960s & 1970s welterweight contender Hedgemon Lewis.

June 1972, Syracuse New York War Memorial Arena, local fighter (and former welterweight champ) Billy Backus squares off with Hedgemon Lewis. Longtime boxing pal Frankie La La and myself were huge Backus fans and would always hang out near the fighter's entry to see Billy Backus, his manager Tony Graziano, and his Uncle Carmine Basilio walk by on their way to the ring and to get a glove touch with Billy Backus. Standing there and leaning with his foot against the wall is this guy who immediately locks eyes with Frankie La La. Frankie says, "what you looking at pretty-boy" (yea - back in the day La La could be a real knucklehead at times). The guy then says, "put your money where your mouth is, $20 says Lewis beats Backus easy". Use of the word "easy" enrages La La and heated words are exchanged between him and the "pretty boy". Security guy says we have to leave the area. We head back to our seats and the ring announcer makes a few introductions prior to the bout. La La and I are amazed to see the "pretty boy" standing center ring. The pretty boy is introduced by the ring announcer as actor Ryan O'Neal and the crowd goes wild. Later on we find out that O'Neal (along with Bill Cosby and a few other Hollywood elites) were backers of Hedgemon Lewis. Lewis ended up beating Billy Backus that night to garner the New York State Athletic Commission Welterweight Title. In a rematch a few months later Lewis beat Backus a second time.

Hedgemon Lewis lost a tough and close decision in a world title bout with legendary Jose Napoles in 1971 - many thought it was a draw. Lewis faced Napoles again a few years later in a second title shot and was stopped by Napoles in the 9th round. Lewis had really tough fights with the likes of Percy Pugh, Adolph Pruitt, Ernie Lopez and Amando Muniz (to name just a few). Hedgemon Lewis was an exciting to watch top welterweight contender, top welter weight contender.
Last edited by: Jimmy2Times on Apr 2, 2020
I 'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
onenickelmiracle
April 5th, 2020 at 3:14:05 PM permalink
Watching local news and they mention the weather for next WEEKEND. I started thinking, with both me and wifey not working, without sports that are usually only on the weekend, with kids not going to school, with traffic insignificant no matter what the day of the week is.... The concept of a week and a week(end) is blurred. If it wasn't for Friday being garbage day I am not sure I would have any idea what day of the week it is, nor would I. I guess I do cry over my stocks from Monday through Friday, so there is that.....

• Jump to: