Thread Rating:

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
November 19th, 2019 at 5:48:45 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

I think I’ve booked the wrong date twice. I always check the confirmation email so got the 24 hour free cancellation both times.

I really lucked out on this one. Flight was on United and I paid to upgrade to better seats and the upgrade came with free cancellation. This is probably the first time that I have ever upgraded a seat. It is a short flight so it was only $30 more to get the comfort seats so I did it. Saved me $210
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
Thanks for this post from:
kgb92
November 19th, 2019 at 6:35:55 PM permalink
My problem is that I book a lot of one way flights and I occasionally book them in the wrong direction. I think twice I have showed up at the airport with a ticket going the wrong direction.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
GWAE
GWAE
Joeman
November 19th, 2019 at 6:57:57 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

My problem is that I book a lot of one way flights and I occasionally book them in the wrong direction. I think twice I have showed up at the airport with a ticket going the wrong direction.

How expensive did those turn out to be
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
November 19th, 2019 at 7:20:10 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

How expensive did those turn out to be

I don't remember specifically. I know one of them was in Reno heading back to las Vegas but I booked LAS to RNO. I don't recall the other one.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
GWAE
GWAE
November 20th, 2019 at 10:17:38 AM permalink
ok for the first time in my life I am stressed and overwhelmed. That is all.. just needed to vent.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 29
November 20th, 2019 at 10:26:58 AM permalink
Sorry GWAE. That wasn't much ventilation, but hope it helped.

It rained all night in Vegas. Slept very well and feel peaceful and energized. Everytime there's a good rain I think, I really need to move somewhere with a nice climate, like the northwest. My life is more than half over. Why deal with a terrible climate?
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
unJon
November 20th, 2019 at 11:55:46 AM permalink
I've been playing PLO online and I've gotten pretty good I think. I've just been crushing fools and on the site where I play, some people won't play me headsup anymore.

Had a really crazy session at 10/20 last night. I'm fairly aggro, but I was also getting good cards in good spots. But, the turn and/or river kept boning me. I always missed my huge draws. They hit theirs. I was coolered. We both had trips with the same kicker, and they'd pair their other kicker.

I was down 10 buy ins in a couple hours!

A lot of it was to this lose passive guy on my immediate right. It was such a perfect situation. He'd limp. I'd pot it. Usually everyone else would fold and I'd play him in position. I was getting lots of nice starting hands, but he always had the best finishing hand.

I was going to give up after 10 buy ins, but things finally started going my way. He went from having 8 buy ins in his stack to having 2, and I got up to over 6 buy ins. I could probably have finished him, but it was already way past bed time.

Fortunately, it was 10cent/20cent or it would have been a really stressful night.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 263
November 20th, 2019 at 12:17:45 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

. Why deal with a terrible climate?

That is why God made thermostats and humidifiers.
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
November 21st, 2019 at 9:24:09 PM permalink
Watching the IT Crowd for the first time in a few years. I forgot how funny it was.

I think a lot of people here would like it because it's about computer nerds. Sort of like The Big Bang Theory, but good.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 25
November 23rd, 2019 at 10:36:01 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

Why such a variation in the routine? If you think someone is following them and acting when they are different, it seems like there is an obvious solution. One can make your settings universal or switch companies.

We were going to change to another alarm co. A while back. New co. Was going to charge a low price for new system and a cheap monthly. Dad wanted to keep same co. Because he is used to talking to them. I’ve been too busy to put this as a high priority. We got lots more. Theft internally. Cashiering theft and stolen food is far more costly. There is another reason. For a whole year the panic alarm was giving false alarms all day. The alarm co. And bookkeeper didn’t notify the owners. We were being fined everyday to the tune of thousands. We run into false alarm issues that seem to be on the dispatch side now. The cops think that we are behind this. I found two bare wires touching between the counter and tray. I fixed when I returned to my hometown. But somehow, I was out of the loop when I was out of town. Not even our bookkeeper cares Our neighbor tried reaching me for video footage of suspects. Again bookkeeper failed to notify. Surveillance co. Has consistently sabatoged getting footage of suspects. It seems a lot of people are sympathetic. A knife robber came. The cook blurted,”you.” She gave wrong description to cops. I didn’t feel like it would matter. 15 minutes later he ran on foot to another restaurant and hit a female manager and fled.

I think that they will use the trailer mostly As a deck for bbq. I think it is a trophy. I used it to clear garbage and tow mowing equipment.

At 815am bookkeeper was notified of a missing trailer and called me, at 830am , Someone on facebook posted at 830am “Ever wonder why someone did you dirty.” The fb poster is an ex girlfriend of the maintenance man we fired. The maintenance man is a gang member. His ex wife said that he can’t hold a job. He worked for the city in parks. He was insubordinate and stepped on everyone’s toes , our co workers, every manager. I never got mad or show disappointment because employees will take too personally if it comes from owner. Supposedly he has lots of friends, but no one will hire him. Yet, he has people driving in and out of our parking lot, parking on the highway next to our trailers everyday.

Video showed a Chevy Tahoe was tan with a black hood. We gave the surveillance to the cops. It wouldn’t be hard for the cops to spot in their beat. One day, I was driving down the highway in the same direction the Tahoe went. A tan Chevy Tahoe with a black hood passes me going 90-100 mph. (Note: This was not on the news. An employee must have told him what the video caught. It was dark but we have night vision.) The truck turns to another road and slows down to see if I follow. I consider chasing. Which I’ve had to do in a drunk hit and run case But realize that the cops will most likely not solve case. And possibility of retaliation, like broken windows. So I note location on google map and discuss options with bookkeeper. I don’t think cops consider trailer theft a high priority. I say this because we’ve run 10 locations. Cops are understaffed. There are 30k cases per year.

When I open the shipping container, it only takes 10 minutes to find someone parked in front of the door and texting for a few minutes. The gang members seem to be mass texting each other to dispatch everyone new info. If gang members put the same effort into work as Gang life, they’d be rich. Bodine Scott AC had half of their techs walk out because they were working til midnight. Commercial Kitchen and Air Serv had zero ac techs in town at one point. I called twice to verify. CCAC has a 2 week wait. Half the techs in town are uncertified.

Another gang member that worked for us saw my passenger front window missing. The window motor was broken. Next week. Two car windows broken on front passenger side glove box open, no valuables taken. This idiot thought i had a gun stolen in my glove box. This idiot has been bragging that he stole a lot of food to fix his classic car. This is how he pays me back

I gave any lawn mower my worker wanted. I gave him the best Home Depot had. He could have made money doing side mowing. I save 25k a year mowing myself. I didn’t even expect him to work all day. He was sitting on the job. Because I would need someone to run emergency errands. I’m backlogged because I don’t trust the applicants who are overqualified with better jobs wanting to transfer. This town is run like an island. Disorganized and politically run management. The base is run by people that want to hire friends. One i know of climbed the ranks fast and sleeps with co workers and parties. But hit a ceiling because of his habits.

A friend knows ppl working for a collision co. The employees admit stealing a lot from their boss because they hate seeing their boss goin hunting. maybe he’d get more respect dealing drugs as a hobby, sleeping with hookers and drinking. People here are very judgemental. My parents are oblivious to this and should run out of town asap.

People treat every holiday as a day to get drunk and drink and drive. There is a lot of hit and runs in town. We’ve got the short end of the stick with hit and runs because of the indifference of locals. I don’t think people here really cares if the Dallas cowboys win. They just want to party. I had an ac tech get angry because I called dispatch the day before Christmas. Like I chose when my walk in frig would break. Possibly another tech vandalized it. Someone messed up the wiring during thanksgiving day. I had to hire 3 techs and 10 hours of labor. I did the rest myself. I was just certified during that time.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Nov 23, 2019
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."

• Jump to: