Thread Rating:

PokerGrinder
PokerGrinder
  • Threads: 22
October 17th, 2019 at 10:00:25 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

When it comes to groceries, I am the worst. I will pay 10 cents less for generic macaronni & cheese over Kraft, yet I know I like Kraft better. I will buy Wodka instead of Vodka if it is $1 cheaper. The only grocery items that I won't compromise are my JIF peanut butter and Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn.

Not me, I buy what I like. I donít see the point in going no name to save .50 to a $1.
You can shear a sheep a hundred times, but you can skin it only once. ó Amarillo Slim Preston
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 25
October 17th, 2019 at 10:22:12 AM permalink

When it comes to groceries, I am the worst. I will pay 10 cents less for generic macaronni & cheese over Kraft, yet I know I like Kraft better. I will buy Wodka instead of Vodka if it is $1 cheaper. The only grocery items that I won't compromise are my JIF peanut butter and Orville Redenbacher microwave popcorn.

I ate a sandwich with generic Hill Country Peanut butter and Hill country Plum Jam. I think it tasted as good if not better.

I think cheese is where the cheap stuff tastes different. I bake shredded white cheese on my english muffins. I haven't tried the sliced stuff yet.

I bought the cheapest 42" riding mower, because I needed a light one to pull it out of the mud alot. Now, I see parts are breaking and the reviews are bad. But I'm stuck because buying a new mower is more expensive than replacing a 325 transmission or just the pulleys. I still don't know which part is bad. I am buying a backup transmission.
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
October 17th, 2019 at 10:24:51 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I ate a sandwich with generic Hill Country Peanut butter and Hill country Plum Jam. I think it tasted as good if not better.

I think cheese is where the cheap stuff tastes different. I use shredded cheese on my english muffins. I haven't tried the sliced stuff yet.

I am sure you are right, we all just have our own preferences.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
October 17th, 2019 at 12:28:23 PM permalink

I am the same way with certain things. Will only drink coke or pepsi instead of generic cola. Hellmanns mayo, JIF, welches grape, land o lakes deli cheese, and Heinz ketchup. Except when in restaurants. I eat whatever they bring.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 263
October 17th, 2019 at 2:37:50 PM permalink
Decades ago a single food supplier made a tainted batch of soup, perhaps it was botulism, I don't recall.
What I do recall was the dozens of brand names it wound up in; upscale, discount, generic ... it was all the same.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 43
Thanks for this post from:
Rigondeaux
October 17th, 2019 at 5:43:15 PM permalink
Certain products, like butter and sour cream, the brand names and store brands will literally come off the same manufacturing line and just get put in different packaging.

GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 92
October 17th, 2019 at 6:11:04 PM permalink
I love cinnamon toast crunch. Wife bought store brand cinnamon toast squares today. They were absolutely terrible. Ruined my dinner.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
Rigondeaux
Rigondeaux
  • Threads: 28
October 17th, 2019 at 8:27:57 PM permalink
I've been internet friends with this guy for like 15 years. He took up this odd hobby. He collects model army men and poses them in situations that are clever and then photographs them.

Doesn't sound like much, but I thought they were really good. I just learned that he's really blown up. 8k Instagram followers. 25k Facebook likes.

RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
October 17th, 2019 at 11:20:16 PM permalink
Quote: Rigondeaux

odd hobby

Understatement of the year.
# Свободный Натан
lilredrooster
lilredrooster
  • Threads: 148
October 18th, 2019 at 3:33:40 AM permalink
robotic hand solves rubik's cube
scary - another step in the marginalization of humans
it looks like the robot is giving humans the finger

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/15/technology/robot-hand-rubiks-cube.html

it's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters........................it's the size of the fight in the dog

• Jump to: