"Take off your hat."

terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
August 7th, 2019 at 9:42:15 AM permalink
Quote: Tanko

"Take off your hat."

I'm not sure if that was the issue
He never spoke to the kid. Never said a single word to the kid. Never objected to the hat before hand
Just walked over silently, picked him up and threw him down on his head
If the hat was the issue, why didn't he just flip it off the kids head?

Why do people take off their hat for the anthem. Orthodox Jews don't and I'm fine by that
A woman may leave her hat on during the playing of The National Anthem
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 158
August 7th, 2019 at 9:48:36 AM permalink
I see a lot of females, of all ages, not remove their hats during the Anthem and God Bless America. The PA at Yankee Stadium requests everyone remove their hats, not just men.
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2019 at 9:57:15 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

I see a lot of females, of all ages, not remove their hats during the Anthem and God Bless America. The PA at Yankee Stadium requests everyone remove their hats, not just men.

How about the guy that needed to use the restroom during "God Bless America"
If you gotta go, you gotta go, except at Yankee Stadium where they arrest people for simply going to the bathroom

https://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/07/07/on-yankee-stadium-restroom-dispute-the-city-settles/
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
ChesterDog
ChesterDog
  • Threads: 6
August 7th, 2019 at 9:58:11 AM permalink
Emily Post recommends that women remove their baseball caps, but not their fashion hats, during the national anthem.

See https://emilypost.com/advice/hats-off-hat-etiquette-for-everyone/.

Also, cancer patients are exempt from the no-cap rule, so before attacking a boy for not removing his hat, one should be 100% sure the kid is not on chemotherapy.
terapined
terapined
August 7th, 2019 at 10:10:10 AM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

Emily Post recommends that women remove their baseball caps, but not their fashion hats, during the national anthem.

Also, cancer patients are exempt from the no-cap rule, so before attacking a boy for not removing his hat, one should be 100% sure the kid is not on chemotherapy.

Who is Emily Post and why are people listening to her
I proudly wear my Grateful Dead hat everywhere, even during a great anthem such as Terrapin Station or any anthem
I could care less if a stranger such as Emily Post objects. Who is this chick?
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 69
Thanks for this post from:
petroglyph
August 7th, 2019 at 10:30:43 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Why do people take off their hat for the anthem. Orthodox Jews don't and I'm fine by that
A woman may leave her hat on during the playing of The National Anthem

I don't understand it either. I don't wear hats but if I did I would not take it off. During the Anthem I will stand and be quiet and respect those around me but you will never see me put my hand on my chest, sing, or otherwise conform to nationalistic rituals. I view it the same as religion. If I am at someones house and they say a prayer before eating, I will stand there quietly without expressing what a foolish custom that I believe it is.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 161
August 7th, 2019 at 11:19:07 AM permalink
Taking the hat off is tied to a lot of rituals.

Perhaps as some can cover your face, people took them off to show their face and appear friendly.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 161
August 7th, 2019 at 11:21:37 AM permalink
Perhaps itís tied to inadequate height of doorways.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 18
August 7th, 2019 at 11:40:28 AM permalink
Quote: ChesterDog

I've undergone both chemo and radiation treatments, and I was told to never be in the sun. I thought that was because of the radiation?

It does seem like some kind of sentence, to not expose my skin to the sun, living in Arizona. We have sun over 330 days per year, and I can't fathom how only taking my sun hat off for that short of time would be harmful to my health, but I do play along and wear a large brim hat everywhere outdoors, even for short durations?

• Jump to: