Thread Rating:

FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 262
June 14th, 2019 at 6:28:51 AM permalink
one was white and one was black but profiling?
And what exactly made her 'uncomfortable' in the first place?
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 76
June 14th, 2019 at 6:34:18 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

one was white and one was black but profiling?
And what exactly made her 'uncomfortable' in the first place?

Stephanie was following her around the store so she left
Stephanie then followed her right out the store and actually put her hands on her grabbing her and accusing an innocent person of theft
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 262
June 14th, 2019 at 7:01:21 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Stephanie was following her around the store so she left

White shoppers get waited on; black shoppers get followed.

Stephanie then followed her right out the store

so there was no opportunity to review videotapes.

and actually put her hands on her grabbing her and accusing an innocent person of theft

A merchant's right to detain rarely encompasses the right to use force but I have no idea what Canada allows or how far an employee can follow a suspect off the premises prior to attempting to detain them.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 18
Thanks for this post from:
RS
June 14th, 2019 at 8:17:35 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

people make me sick. Riots in Memphis injuring many police over a police shooting against a person that was using a car to ram police cars and then he gets out of his car with a weapon. I hope they arrest every single person involved with the riots.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/memphis-police-officers-injured-in-unrest-following-shooting-reports

It wasn't just a "police shooting"... the freaking U.S. Marshals shot him. The guy was wanted for multiple violent felonies including robbery and attempted murder, then rams his car into police and pulls a gun on them...

Everybody rioting and protesting didn't even know the story. They just wanted an excuse to yell and throw things for god knows what reason.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
  • Threads: 15
June 14th, 2019 at 10:14:12 AM permalink

Total failure by Old Navy employee
A Black woman leaves an old Navy store
Old Navy employee follows her out and accuses her of stealing
At first the Black lady is chuckling because she is innocent
The Old Navy employee, Stephanie says she stole the shirt she is wearing and they have video evidence
Oh boy, it gets really bad as Stephanie grabs the innocent person and wont let go
Amazing the hate some people have against an innocent black woman.

Old Navy fired Stephanie and apologized to the innocent Black lady

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/old-navy-employee-fired-after-grabbing-black-woman-accusing-her-of-shoplifting-in-viral-video-003324850.html

Stephanie’s former co-workers are going to be pissed at her. Now they have to attend some bullsh*t sensitivity training that is only for the company’s PR, while the person who was the problem and needs it of course won’t be attending because she doesn’t work there.
terapined
terapined
June 14th, 2019 at 10:20:44 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Total failure by Old Navy employee
A Black woman leaves an old Navy store
Old Navy employee follows her out and accuses her of stealing
At first the Black lady is chuckling because she is innocent
The Old Navy employee, Stephanie says she stole the shirt she is wearing and they have video evidence
Oh boy, it gets really bad as Stephanie grabs the innocent person and wont let go
Amazing the hate some people have against an innocent black woman.

Old Navy fired Stephanie and apologized to the innocent Black lady

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/old-navy-employee-fired-after-grabbing-black-woman-accusing-her-of-shoplifting-in-viral-video-003324850.html

Stephanie’s former co-workers are going to be pissed at her. Now they have to attend some bullsh*t sensitivity training that is only for the company’s PR, while the person who was the problem and needs it of course won’t be attending because she doesn’t work there.

If I was working with Stephanie
My reaction
WTF are you doing leaving the store and following a customer
If Stephanie said she stole something
I would ask Stephanie if she saw it and if she did not, check the video and call mall security
If she claims she saw somebody steal, call mall security and the police
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 159
June 14th, 2019 at 11:54:19 AM permalink
Anyone know the answer to the following?

My sister has a cable connection but wants to run an antenna as well. I do this on my tv with no problem. Then you just switch from cable to air to watch one or the other.

On her TV she has the same controls listed in the setup, but those controls are greyed out on the menu and won't activate. I'm wondering if the cable guy who installed it blocked it or something. She doesn't know where her manual is either.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
June 14th, 2019 at 11:58:39 AM permalink
Check connection. My TV only activates those greys if something is properly hooked to it.
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
June 14th, 2019 at 12:02:08 PM permalink
I didn’t even know Old Navy stores existed. I’ve just seen their trash commercials and they’re so damn offputting I probably just blocked it from my mind if I have actually seen such a terrible store.

Those commercials remind me of what would happen if The Brady Bunch made a clothing store commercial.
# Свободный Натан
terapined
terapined
June 14th, 2019 at 12:33:04 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

White shoppers get waited on; black shoppers get followed.

so there was no opportunity to review videotapes.

A merchant's right to detain rarely encompasses the right to use force but I have no idea what Canada allows or how far an employee can follow a suspect off the premises prior to attempting to detain them.

A little more info
The black lady does not take to tag off her shirt after she buys one at Old Navy
She bought the shirt on a previous visit and left the tag on, that's her business
She does this because if Old Navy drops the price in 30 days, She has price proof to get the diff back
Stephanie saw her walk out wearing a shirt with a tag but its a shirt she paid for on a previous visit
Therefore totally innocent
Still no reason to hold somebody against their will

• Jump to: