Thread Rating:

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
November 11th, 2013 at 8:34:09 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Its not in the constitution. Tons of stuff not in the constitution. If a law does not violate the constitution, then its all good. Due to property taxes, I am childless but I am paying for my neighbors kids to get educated. That's not in the constitution but I'm good with it. Its living in a civilized society with rules that are not in the constitution.

That wasn't my argument at all. It was simply mentioned as an aside. My point was this: Where is the rule that states that a PRIVATE business must service the public??

I can't find it anywhere. Not in the Constitution nor anywhere else. Furthermore, the fact the Black Entertainment Television, the United Negro College Fund, and the Miss Black America Pageant are allowed to exclude Latinos and Asians is proof that this mythical rule doesn't exist.

Also, I still don't understand why liberals think it's OK to be racist in your PRIVATE residence, but not in your PRIVATE business? For example, let's say you were going to a party. Then you suddenly found out that the homeowner is actually a racist. Well, you'd probably cancel those plans and just go somewhere else instead, right?

So my question is this: Why can't people just do the same damn thing when they encounter racism elsewhere??? If you find out that a business owner is racist, just go somewhere else! Plus, why would you want to spend your hard-earned money there anyway? Doesn't it make more sense to go elsewhere and NOT help the racist man's business thrive?
Fighting BS one post at a time!
Buzzard
Buzzard
  • Threads: 90
November 11th, 2013 at 9:04:47 AM permalink
" If you find out that a business owner is racist, just go somewhere else! "

Just use the water fountain marked for BLACKS. And vote for your local tea party racist.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 9:16:40 AM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

Hey look, BET (Black Entertainment Television) refuses to include any Latino or Asian programs, but Buzzard's not whining about it being racist. *wink wink*

Hey look, the United Negro College Fund refuses to award scholarships to Latino or Asian students, but Buzzard's not whining about it being racist. *wink wink*

Hey look, the Miss Black America pageant refuses to open its contest to Latino or Asian women, but Buzzard's not whining about it being racist. *wink wink*

How come you're not complaining about this blatant racism against Latinos and Asians, Buzzard? *wink wink*

Quote: Buzzard

Just use the water fountain marked for BLACKS. And vote for your local tea party racist.

Serious? I write the above message, and this is your best response? lol...
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 11th, 2013 at 9:18:21 AM permalink
Please excuse my honest reply and continue to profess that racism is just freedom of speech. And wear your Paul Rand for President in 2016 button proudly.
Shed not for her the bitter tear Nor give the heart to vain regret Tis but the casket that lies here, The gem that filled it Sparkles yet
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
November 11th, 2013 at 9:19:05 AM permalink

The Tea Party is not racist; no matter how often or loudly you say it. There ARE racists in the Tea party just as surely as there ARE racists in the Republican and Democrat parties. That is one thing that we can't overcome no matter how much we decide to legislate things--some people are racists.

Most likely, you'll do something silly like cut my comment up in a quote to "prove" your point.
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 11th, 2013 at 9:20:50 AM permalink
" Hey look, the Miss Black America pageant refuses to open its contest to Latino or Asian women, but Buzzard's not whining about it being racist. " I am done. your stupidity is showing it's boundless limits.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 9:22:26 AM permalink

Please excuse my honest reply and continue to profess that racism is just freedom of speech. And wear your Paul Rand for President in 2016 button proudly.

So did you wear your Robert "KKK" Byrd button proudly? (Former KKK member: Democratic Sen. Robert Byrd)
RonC
RonC
November 11th, 2013 at 9:22:37 AM permalink

" Hey look, the Miss Black America pageant refuses to open its contest to Latino or Asian women, but Buzzard's not whining about it being racist. " I am done. your stupidity is showing it's boundless limits.

So would it be okay to have a Miss White America pageant, Buzz?
Buzzard
Buzzard
November 11th, 2013 at 9:26:40 AM permalink
Gee, I think you guys are serious. What a waste of time. have fun , bigots.

No Mission, you can not suspend me. It's obviously the truth. Blocking this thread now. Don't forget to pick up your sheets at the dry cleaners, fellas.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 9:28:01 AM permalink

TRANSLATION: "Sorry, I can't come up with a decent argument!"

Gee, I think you guys are serious. What a waste of time. have fun , bigots.

No Mission, you can not suspend me. It's obviously the truth. Blocking this thread now. Don't forget to pick up your sheets at the dry cleaners, fellas.

C'mon Buzz, I've always thought you were a good guy, man. Still do!

But screaming "racist" and "bigot" at the top of your lungs isn't exactly the strongest argument. You're better than that.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 211
November 11th, 2013 at 12:12:07 PM permalink

If you find out that a business owner is racist, just go somewhere else! Plus, why would you want to spend your hard-earned money there anyway? Doesn't it make more sense to go elsewhere and NOT help the racist man's business thrive?

AS whites become a minority in the USA, white conservatives probably ought not to create a way to give one or more groups power to subvert others or they may just use it. But fortunately even many Republicans are smart enough not to believe the crap you're spewing.

There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 12:12:25 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

So would it be okay to have a Miss White America pageant, Buzz?

An organization like Miss Black America formed because Miss America didn't allow black women in to compete in the Miss America. Likewise many minority organizations have roots in not having a equal voice not just forming for separatist reasons.

Conservatives can argue that things like affirmative action can be phased out. It's a legitimate argument to make. They need to show just-cause for their arguments just like anybody else -- with data, examples, etc.,.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 11th, 2013 at 12:36:43 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

An organization like Miss Black America formed because Miss America didn't allow black women in to compete in the Miss America. Likewise many minority organizations have roots in not having a equal voice not just forming for separatist reasons.

Miss America had black contestants as early as the 1930s.

Quote:

Conservatives can argue that things like affirmative action can be phased out. It's a legitimate argument to make. They need to show just-cause for their arguments just like anybody else -- with data, examples, etc.,.

Uh, here is the just cause for ending, not phasing out, Affirmative Action today:

"No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 12:50:54 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Uh, here is the just cause for ending, not phasing out, Affirmative Action today:

"No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws."

So, it wasn't being followed anyway before civil rights. What's your excuse for that?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 240
November 11th, 2013 at 12:55:11 PM permalink

So, it wasn't being followed anyway before civil rights. What's your excuse for that?

I wasn't born then so why are you asking me?
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 2:20:52 PM permalink

An organization like Miss Black America formed because Miss America didn't allow black women in to compete in the Miss America.

Earth to rxwine, earth to rxwine...there have been a number of black Miss America contestants in modern times. You want to talk about "spewing crap"? Take a look at your own argument. I never said that Miss Black America shouldn't exist.

What I want to know is why liberal hypocrites think it's OK for PRIVATE businesses like Black Entertainment Television, the United Negro College Fund, and Miss Black America to refuse service to people based on race, yet you guys scream "racist" and "bigot" at the top of your lungs if other PRIVATE businesses want to do the same

Isn't it uncomfortable trying to twist yourself into a pretzel in order to justify your hypocritical positions?

Quote: AZDuffman

+1

Unfortunately, he's not very good at listening. *sigh*
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 2:26:37 PM permalink
It would be a shame to have some of your family members turned away because some bigot doesn't allow their kind to eat or shop there.

Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 2:33:00 PM permalink
Mr. Tangent strikes again. Whatever your point is, it makes no sense. Jeb Bush's wife is Mexcan, and George W. Bush had more minorities in his cabinet than Bill Clinton. But guys like you just plug your ears with your fingertips and scream, "I can't hear you! I can't hear you!" lol...

It would be a shame to have some of your family members turned away because some bigot doesn't allow their kind to eat or shop there.

It would be a shame to have some of rxwine's family members turned away from a person's PRIVATE residence because some bigot doesn't allow their kind to go there. But since rxwine seems to be able to deal with that quite fine, then why can't he deal with the situation in his example? (Hint: No logical answer will be provided)
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 2:36:37 PM permalink
If someone wants to block Hispanics from a business some of Bush's family would be turned away. If you don't know what tangent, means stop using it.
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 2:45:11 PM permalink

It would be a shame to have some of rxwine's family members turned away from a person's PRIVATE residence because some bigot doesn't allow their kind to go there. But since rxwine seems to be able to deal with that quite fine, then why can't he deal with the situation in his example? (Hint: No logical answer will be provided)

1. It's a stupid argument.
2. Google is your friend, as you once told S2baker. Find out why it is a stupid argument.
3. If you don't like it, go back to 1.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 2:47:03 PM permalink

If someone wants to block Hispanics from a business some of Bush's family would be turned away.

Well, well, well...how nice of you to be so concerned about the Bushes. BTW, if that was your point, you need to state it rather than post a picture where virtually every family member is white. *facepalm*
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 2:51:20 PM permalink
What? Look more closely. Are you saying some of those people on the right and left aren't considered family members by the Bushes?. One definitely self identifies as Hispanic. The guy on the top right.
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 2:52:42 PM permalink
BTW, facepalm until you knock sense into your head
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 2:53:11 PM permalink

What? Look more closely. Are you saying some of those people on the right and left aren't considered family members by the Bushes?. One definitely self identifies as Hispanic. The guy on the top right.

No, I'm saying that you always do a poor job of elucidating your arguments. Show that picture to 100 people, and most would take a quick glance and say that it's a white family. They (justifiably) wouldn't know what the heck your argument is.

BTW, facepalm until you knock sense into your head

Why are you so angry? Liberals are always angry about something. Guess it's in their blood.
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 3:02:04 PM permalink

No, I'm saying that you always do a poor job of elucidating your arguments

Yeah, it's just me, not you going round and round with many people here. You think?

LOL.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 3:05:44 PM permalink

Yeah, it's just me, not you going round and round with many people here.

Yeah, and is it any coincidence that they're all LIBERALS?!? lol!
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
November 11th, 2013 at 3:07:20 PM permalink

Yeah, and is it any coincidence that they're all LIBERALS?!? lol!

I'd love to see a camera with B9th sitting there laughing for a good two hours a day at the Wizard's board...

Must be the cheapest comedy show in town :D
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 3:11:56 PM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

I'd love to see a camera with B9th sitting there laughing for a good two hours a day at the Wizard's board...

Must be the cheapest comedy show in town :D

Actually, it's probably longer than that. I can honestly say though that I laugh more at reading WoV posts for 30 minutes than I do watching an entire episode of The Big Bang Theory! :)
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 3:18:46 PM permalink

1. It's a stupid argument.

See, everyone? Point proven. lol
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 3:21:32 PM permalink

See, everyone? Point proven. lol

Sorry, you didn't google enough. "Google is your friend" Point proven.

If I need a laugh, I watch Fox News rerun on predicting Romney's win.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 441
November 11th, 2013 at 3:30:23 PM permalink

Actually, it's probably longer than that. I can honestly say though that I laugh more at reading WoV posts for 30 minutes than I do watching an entire episode of The Big Bang Theory! :)

I concur. I just don't think BBT is very funny. They
take obvious social stereotypes, in this case nerds,
and make the same jokes about them over and over.
Yawn..
"It's not called gambling if the math is on your side."
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 3:36:46 PM permalink

Sorry, you didn't google enough. "Google is your friend" Point proven.

If I need a laugh, I watch Fox News rerun on predicting Romney's win.

Wow, I must really p*ss you off, huh? :)
Alan
Alan
  • Threads: 17
November 11th, 2013 at 3:45:54 PM permalink
If someone said 'Gringo's aren't served here or whatever', I'd probably have a surprised eyebrow raising face, but I'd say okay, whatever and leave. I don't think I'd be offended that much, just a holy shit, that's a shock look. I wouldn't be on the phone with the ACLU. Eff 'umm, okay bye....LOL
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 3:45:59 PM permalink

Wow, I must really p*ss you off, huh? :)

If you want to act like a troll. Go for it. If you're not a coward. Otherwise, stop bluffing.
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
November 11th, 2013 at 3:46:21 PM permalink

You're missing my point. What if a PRIVATE business doesn't want to "cater to the public"? In other words, how come you're willing to force a PRIVATE business to "cater to the public", but you'll let a PRIVATE residence get off scot free?

I think that was called "Augusta National" a few years back.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 11th, 2013 at 3:47:18 PM permalink

That wasn't my argument at all. It was simply mentioned as an aside. My point was this: Where is the rule that states that a PRIVATE business must service the public???

I don't know. If there isn't a rule, there should.

Also, I still don't understand why liberals think it's OK to be racist in your PRIVATE residence, but not in your PRIVATE business? For example, let's say you were going to a party. Then you suddenly found out that the homeowner is actually a racist. Well, you'd probably cancel those plans and just go somewhere else instead, right?

right.

So my question is this: Why can't people just do the same damn thing when they encounter racism elsewhere??? If you find out that a business owner is racist, just go somewhere else! Plus, why would you want to spend your hard-earned money there anyway? Doesn't it make more sense to go elsewhere and NOT help the racist man's business thrive?

Because it wont work in a small isolated community.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 5:06:29 PM permalink
Quote: Alan

If someone said 'Gringo's aren't served here or whatever', I'd probably have a surprised eyebrow raising face, but I'd say okay, whatever and leave. I don't think I'd be offended that much, just a holy shit, that's a shock look. I wouldn't be on the phone with the ACLU. Eff 'umm, okay bye....LOL

+1

Quote: boymimbo

I think that was called "Augusta National" a few years back.

Actually, I think it was called the "Congressional Black Caucus".

If you want to act like a troll. Go for it. If you're not a coward. Otherwise, stop bluffing.

Yeah, guess I do p*ss you off. lol...
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 5:08:38 PM permalink

I don't know. If there isn't a rule, there should.

That's fine. Then such a rule should also apply to Black Entertainment Television, the United Negro College Fund, and the Miss Black America Pageant (who refuse to serve Latinos and Asians).

Because it wont work in a small isolated community.

Then maybe that person should move OUT of that small isolated community. I would.
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 5:49:27 PM permalink

Yeah, guess I do p*ss you off. lol...

Stop trolling.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 6:02:19 PM permalink

Stop trolling.

Trolling my own thread? Yeah, that's a good one, Mr. Pot. I need to introduce you to Mr. Kettle. lol
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 6:06:16 PM permalink
If you ever insinuate again that you know what I'm thinking or feeling when I haven't told you, you're going to be reported for lying about another member.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 6:28:39 PM permalink

If you ever insinuate again that you know what I'm thinking or feeling when I haven't told you, you're going to be reported for lying about another member.

Do it. LOL
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 6:39:56 PM permalink
That was a warning. And if they don't want to enforce rules, that's their business.

If I can say, "Beethoven is thinking _{fill in blank}__." and can't prove it, it's a lie.

But then everyone should be free to say that other members are thinking or feeling something, even if they said nothing in any way.

For instance

"___________ is thinking about eating dog crap and liking it."

Something can't be an insult if it is true. By letting other member say what they think others are saying, just opens the door to a lot of unfortunate details.
rxwine
rxwine
November 11th, 2013 at 6:43:07 PM permalink
And if I'm not allowed to say "true facts" about what you are really thinking, then so be it. I'm not going to argue any further with the moderators if they disagree.

They can run the site as they see fit.
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 6:48:27 PM permalink

And if I'm not allowed to say "true facts" about what you are really thinking, then so be it. I'm not going to argue any further with the moderators if they disagree.

They can run the site as they see fit.

I don't think anybody (including you) even knows what you're talking about at this point. Carnac the Magnificent wasn't here trying to read your mind. I don't know why you're so upset anyway. You're the one who got in that dig—which, I agree, was within the forum rules—so you should be happy. (Plus, even I must admit that it was a nicely crafted dig because of the ambiguity.) So score one for you, and lighten up!
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 7:22:49 PM permalink
You've gotta be kidding me:

Gonzaga students could face expulsion for using gun to fend off intruder
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 89
November 11th, 2013 at 7:42:06 PM permalink

You've gotta be kidding me:

Gonzaga students could face expulsion for using gun to fend off intruder

Cmon B9. Its a PRIVATE Roman Catholic university business. Your recent logic with me dictates, well, too bad, they are just gonna have to move to another school.

Hmm, a religious school that doesn't want guns on campus. You would think gun owners would try to find a different school to attend. What schools do the NRA endorse? Maybe that's where these students belong.
Its just a forum. Nothing here to get obsessed about.
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
November 11th, 2013 at 8:01:33 PM permalink
If the economy and jobs are going to be the dominate issues, I personally can't see the reason for 4 more years of a democratic government. By then, the democrats would have had 8 solid years to get things under control. All that spending only produced little improvements and as long as they refuse to cut spending the debt will continue to hold us back.
Buffering...
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
November 11th, 2013 at 8:41:15 PM permalink

Cmon B9. Its a PRIVATE Roman Catholic university business. Your recent logic with me dictates, well, too bad, they are just gonna have to move to another school.

Nice try...hehehe. ;)

I applaud you for the attempt, but ultimately it fails because this incident didn't occur on campus. Also, no one is calling for the government to make laws to force this PRIVATE institution to change. Furthermore, these students are fighting the punishment, not the policy itself.
RonC
RonC
November 11th, 2013 at 11:53:36 PM permalink

Nice try...hehehe. ;)

I applaud you for the attempt, but ultimately it fails because this incident didn't occur on campus. Also, no one is calling for the government to make laws to force this PRIVATE institution to change. Furthermore, these students are fighting the punishment, not the policy itself.

Though it may not have happened "on campus," the story does say it happened a university-owned apartment. That may make their fight harder.

Should they fight the punishment? Yes. They may not win.
  • Jump to: