Thread Rating:

TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
December 29th, 2015 at 3:06:09 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

We shall see.

I don't see it working well for the Republicans with anyone other than the base.

And Trump certainly isn't the guy to deliver that message. His record with women isn't so great. How many wifes has he had?

And there is plenty of video of Trump singing Bill Clinton's praises throughout the years. Just makes him look like an even bigger flip flopper.


There are betting lines on another thread here at this group of forums.
Did you want to make a bet? There would probably be someone willing to take you up on it, well depending on how you bet the bet you bet. Did you want some odds? Did you not want to make a bet? Did you just want to go on talking? All fair questions, I hope. There is no requirement for a response that I am aware of.
It could be a little bet, say table minimum from yesteryear, just $1, or $10, or $100, or something larger that would require an intermediary ?
And before we get into the betting part, Happy New Year to you and yours.
Your 2F
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
petroglyph
petroglyph
Joined: Jan 3, 2013
  • Threads: 19
  • Posts: 3360
December 29th, 2015 at 4:11:32 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

Trump could be Hillary's biggest campaign weapon--he "carpet bombs" his own party; she will only have to worry about him should he bash everyone's head in and become the nominee. If he gets the most votes and delegates (no the super delegate stuff) he should be the nominee, of course...I just don't see that ending well...

I think he is working for her and Jeb knows it.

One of the "George's" snaps his fingers and Trump will either take a dive or have a heart attack. He is a diversion. If he is half as important as he thinks he is, where would he find time to be POTUS? Which would he delegate, his empire or the presidency?
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5461
December 29th, 2015 at 4:51:47 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

There are betting lines on another thread here at this group of forums.
Did you want to make a bet? There would probably be someone willing to take you up on it, well depending on how you bet the bet you bet. Did you want some odds? Did you not want to make a bet? Did you just want to go on talking? All fair questions, I hope. There is no requirement for a response that I am aware of.
It could be a little bet, say table minimum from yesteryear, just $1, or $10, or $100, or something larger that would require an intermediary ?
And before we get into the betting part, Happy New Year to you and yours.
Your 2F



How long did it take you to type this post?

AKA how much time did you throw down the toilet this evening?
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5800
January 5th, 2016 at 4:27:54 PM permalink
This is fascinating regarding the Cruz birther movement
Cruz is hard right, I lean left yet I think Cruz is qualified to be President if elected
I think all this birther stuff is BS as it was for Obama.
There were some rumblings of a birther movement originating from the left concerning Cruz, those are clowns on the left.

All the birther talk is from the right. The right. Amazing, What a cycle, I got the popcorn out :-)
Birther clowns on the right against the right. You cant make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-cruzs-canadian-birth-could-be-very-precarious-for-gop/2016/01/05/5ce69764-b3f8-11e5-9388-466021d971de_story.html
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 4422
January 5th, 2016 at 4:59:39 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

This is fascinating regarding the Cruz birther movement
Cruz is hard right, I lean left yet I think Cruz is qualified to be President if elected
I think all this birther stuff is BS as it was for Obama.
There were some rumblings of a birther movement originating from the left concerning Cruz, those are clowns on the left.

All the birther talk is from the right. The right. Amazing, What a cycle, I got the popcorn out :-)
Birther clowns on the right against the right. You cant make this stuff up.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-says-cruzs-canadian-birth-could-be-very-precarious-for-gop/2016/01/05/5ce69764-b3f8-11e5-9388-466021d971de_story.html



I find it an interesting double standard. The birthers on the right claimed that Obama was not qualified to be president because he was born in Kenya.

With Cruz, there is no question where he was born he was born in Canada. His mother is American, but I am not aware that matters if you are born in another country. Cruz's mother was not in the military or working on a military base. His parents worked or owned an oil company and were working in Canada for a year or too.

So if the criteria is that your mother is a US citizen, and it doesn't matter where you were born, than what was the issue with Obama? If he had in fact been born in Kenya to an American Mother, HE STILL would have been eligible by the Cruz scenario.

Personally I don't think Cruz is eligible. He is a citizen, but he was not born in the US and I believe that is the qualification for being president.

I suppose there won't be a determination made until there has to be, like if he won the republican nomination. But personally, I think there should be a determination made now. It effects the outcome. I mean with Cruz in the race it is possible (and some think likely) that Cruz and Trump slip the anti-establishment vote, enabling Rubio to win the nomination. But if Cruz was declared ineligible now, Trump would likely get all or most of the anti-establishment vote and probably win the nomination. So it does make a difference right now, not just should Cruz become the nominee.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5461
January 5th, 2016 at 5:05:49 PM permalink
I don't really have an opinion on the Cruz birther stuff. I haven't paid attention to it, and frankly couldn't care less at this point. I doubt he will be the Republican nominee. Should he somehow become the nominee, I will read up and form an opinion.

I do think it would be funny if Trump starts playing up the "Cruz isn't eligible" card.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 214
  • Posts: 4422
January 5th, 2016 at 7:31:25 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

I do think it would be funny if Trump starts playing up the "Cruz isn't eligible" card.



He started doing that earlier today.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/01/05/donald-trump-ted-cruz-canada-citizenship/78325076/
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 86
  • Posts: 5800
January 6th, 2016 at 3:15:17 PM permalink
More birthers coming out and they are from the right. The Right. Not the left
Ann Coulter has chimed in stating Cruz is not qualified to be President
Wow. The right was worried about leftist birthers regarding Cruz, but the attacks are from the right
What an election cycle, got out the popcorn

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/264930-coulter-cruz-is-not-a-natural-born-citizen
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1388
  • Posts: 23329
January 6th, 2016 at 5:49:29 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

More birthers coming out and they are from the right. The Right. Not the left
Ann Coulter has chimed in stating Cruz is not qualified to be President
Wow.



At least they are consistent, which goes a long ways with me. Anybody who would have questioned Obama's eligibility to be present should have no doubts about Cruz, since it isn't even in dispute he was born in Canada.

My own interpretation is that "natural born Citizen" means the person in question was eligible for US citizenship upon birth. Whatever it means, the same standard should be applied to Cruz as Obama.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3489
January 6th, 2016 at 10:05:17 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

what was the issue with Obama? If he had in fact been born in Kenya to an American Mother, HE STILL would have been eligible by the Cruz scenario. . . . what was the issue with Obama? If he had in fact been born in Kenya to an American Mother, HE STILL would have been eligible by the Cruz scenario.

The issue is your parent has to register you in the consulate. Obama's clearly did not. Cruz's clearly did.

  • Jump to: