Thread Rating:

RonC
RonC
Joined: Jan 18, 2010
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 4874
September 13th, 2015 at 7:32:52 PM permalink
The Democrat party plans six debates. Some candidates are complaining that there are too few of them and there is an attempt by the party to shut them out.

I'm looking forward to their first debate coming up next month.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 224
  • Posts: 12333
September 13th, 2015 at 7:35:55 PM permalink
Quote: RonC

The Democrat party plans six debates. Some candidates are complaining that there are too few of them and there is an attempt by the party to shut them out.

I'm looking forward to their first debate coming up next month.



Should be fun, Hillary is way flanked on the left for now and will have to tell their wingnuts something crazy to get them back in her camp. Fire up the popcorn!
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
boymimbo
boymimbo
Joined: Nov 12, 2009
  • Threads: 17
  • Posts: 5994
September 13th, 2015 at 7:46:48 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

The attacks on Hillary's looks don't bother me at all...

Everything else the righties attack her over turns out to be much ado about nothing (Benghazi, emails, etc.) so they always revert to attacking her age and looks. It will come back to bite them in the butt with women voters later on...



Actually, no. And I would be a strong democrat supporter if I was American. Hilary has lost trust. All politicians have, though. It's not like the fact that Hilary *may* be complicit in Benghazi or ditched her emails is really status quo for any long-term politician. Americans know that. There is dirt on pretty much every single candidate for president. Politicians are scumbags, Hilary included.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3479
September 13th, 2015 at 8:44:03 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

It's not like the fact that Hilary *may* be complicit in Benghazi or ditched her emails is really status quo for any long-term politician. Americans know that. There is dirt on pretty much every single candidate for president. Politicians are scumbags, Hilary included.

Only she was involved in the raping and murders of high-ranking American officials.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3479
September 13th, 2015 at 8:45:49 PM permalink
Quote: ams288

The attacks on Hillary's looks don't bother me at all..

The attacks sure did bother you yesterday, when you wrote about a photo of her, "We aren't in the general election yet... who is to say it won't be used in every ad the Reps run against her?"
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5433
September 14th, 2015 at 5:03:31 AM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

The attacks sure did bother you yesterday, when you wrote about a photo of her, "We aren't in the general election yet... who is to say it won't be used in every ad the Reps run against her?"



How does that show that I am bothered by the attacks on her looks? I was responding to EvenBob claiming Dems would be doing the same kind of attacks....

I do enjoy your hostile responses to all my posts. Mainly I enjoy ignoring them, as most of them are nonsense and not worth the 30 seconds it'd take to shoot off a response. I feel like your life would be much more personally satisfying if you just block me on here. I won't be offended...
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 22
  • Posts: 5433
September 14th, 2015 at 6:21:52 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Should be fun, Hillary is way flanked on the left for now and will have to tell their wingnuts something crazy to get them back in her camp. Fire up the popcorn!



Isn't that the whole primary system in a nutshell? The candidates try to go as far right or left as possible to appeal to the base. Then when the general comes around they move back to the middle.

Only lately the Republicans have gone so far right that they do irreparable damage to their candidacy.... (Mitt Romney's "self deportation" and "47%" nonsense come to mind...)

Thankfully the country is moving left so whatever Hillary says to appease the "wingnuts" won't be as harmful as whatever crazy stuff the other side has to say....
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
24Bingo
24Bingo
Joined: Jul 4, 2012
  • Threads: 23
  • Posts: 1348
September 14th, 2015 at 8:37:56 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

On reason is because Hillary changes her look so often as needs arise. She probably changed her hair more than any first lady in history. Anyone remember hillaryshair.com? I wish I could find the pic Drudge had from a 2008 with her handlers holding up six pantsuits identical except for color to get just the right look.



Except men, running for president and in the public eye, do this sort of micromanaging of their appearance - her husband's hair has shut down airports - and only take flak for it when something like that happens.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3479
September 14th, 2015 at 8:39:52 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

I do enjoy your hostile responses to all my posts.

Just the ones that are factually incorrect or try to revise easily accessible history.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 224
  • Posts: 12333
September 14th, 2015 at 8:53:38 AM permalink
Quote: 24Bingo

Except men, running for president and in the public eye, do this sort of micromanaging of their appearance - her husband's hair has shut down airports - and only take flak for it when something like that happens.



I believe she shut down some airport or something recently as well, however I do not have the time to find the details on that right now. The difference is the men do not change their appearance much, hers changed totally any number of times.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

  • Jump to: