Thread Rating:

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
  • Threads: 34
September 8th, 2015 at 7:21:38 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

You're (as the self-designated rightist) the only one who twists this problem into a claim that anybody is supporting illegal immigration.

If any liberals or progressives hereabout or anywhere else favor stringent border controls, this would be a good opportunity to make that clear. Otherwise the OP's statement stands as clear as daylight.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 172
September 8th, 2015 at 7:33:54 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

If any liberals or progressives hereabout or anywhere else favor stringent border controls, this would be a good opportunity to make that clear. Otherwise the OP's statement stands as clear as daylight.

Well, I take the same stance as on Democratic National Committee.

Quote:

□Responsibility from the federal government to secure our borders: The Obama administration has dedicated unprecedented resources to securing our borders and reducing the flow of illegal traffic in both directions.
□Responsibility from unscrupulous businesses that break the law: Employers who exploit undocumented workers undermine American workers, and they have to be held accountable.
□Responsibility from people who are living in the United States illegally: Undocumented workers who are in good standing must admit that they broke the law, pay taxes and a penalty, learn English, and get right with the law before they can get in line to earn their citizenship.

I mean, I'm not for the BerlinTrump Wall.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
September 8th, 2015 at 7:54:48 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Well, I take the same stance as on Democratic National Committee

Obama administration sues Alabama over immigration law.

Obama administration sues Arizona over immigration law.

Maine Democrats threaten state government shutdown over welfare for illegal immigrants
Read more at
http://redalertpolitics.com/2015/06/10/maine-democrats-threatened-state-government-shutdown-welfare-illegal-immigrants/#Zolhb3gMXK6VQEar.99

Obama amnesty creates loophole for illegal immigrants to vote in elections.

And this is just examples in 10 minutes before work. Actions speak louder than words.

Quote:

I mean, I'm not for the BerlinTrump Wall.

You need to learn some history, the Berlin Wall was to keep people IN, not secure the border.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
September 8th, 2015 at 8:00:25 PM permalink

Well, I take the same stance as on Democratic National Committee.

Considering that the organization is violating federal laws, it isn't worth much to brag about.
rxwine
rxwine
September 8th, 2015 at 8:31:59 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

You need to learn some history, the Berlin Wall was to keep people IN, not secure the border.

You need to recognize sarcasm.

They might as well build it like the Berlin wall if they actually want it to work.

How much will an unmanned wall really slow people down?

Likewise, if they can't man every inch of the border now, what difference does it make when they build a wall?

breaching ladders, El chapo tunnels, lawn chair balloon rides. Who knows. that's probably not half of it. Probably will blow holes in it with explosives.
rxwine
rxwine
September 8th, 2015 at 10:01:51 PM permalink
Not sure how much this impacts Christie, but it surely doesn't help.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/united-airlines-chief-to-step-down-amid-federal-investigation/2015/09/08/de44c496-566c-11e5-abe9-27d53f250b11_story.html
SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
September 8th, 2015 at 10:02:54 PM permalink

Likewise, if they can't man every inch of the border now, what difference does it make when they build a wall?

It sounds as if you're advocating no border protection at all, thanks to the futility of it all. Or that could be just another expression of "sarcasm."
rxwine
rxwine
September 8th, 2015 at 11:40:30 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

It sounds as if you're advocating no border protection at all, thanks to the futility of it all. Or that could be just another expression of "sarcasm."

Nope, already explained elsewhere what should be done if people are serious.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 227
September 9th, 2015 at 6:36:19 AM permalink

You need to recognize sarcasm.

I recognize it. I am a master of it. However, that line is old and is not sarcasm but rather a faulty analogy.

Quote:

How much will an unmanned wall really slow people down?

Depends how you build it. You man parts more and other parts less. Israel virtually eliminated their homicide bomber problem when they sealed off Gaza and the West Bank Palestinian areas.

Quote:

Do you bother shutting and locking the front door on your house? I mean, if you are not there why even bother? A wall is part of a larger security system.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 86
September 9th, 2015 at 11:17:47 AM permalink
I see Republican presidential candidates Cruz, Huck, Jindal and Santorum getting behind Kim Davis.
Pretty sad these guys cant figure out separation of state and religion.
Donald Trump is a breath of honest fresh air.
His view is Kim Davis needs to find another job :-)
Go Donald

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/donald-trump-rips-bill-o-reilly-bad-researchers-153218611.html
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

• Jump to: